Wine Selectors

Wine Selectors (page 2 of 2)

Listing monitored by Wine Selectors

Wines selected to tantalise your tastebuds

Over 5 years with mixed dozen selections every month delivered to our door without the hassle of having to go shopping, parking, stock availability, price fluctuations etc. Wine Selectors has made it so simple and every box has been delicious no matter what the occasion or meal pairings. Trust the panel of selectors to make the decisions for your taste buds and you will have no worries. Highly recommended. Can I give 6 out of 5 stars ?

Jade JSydney, NSW

They don’t tell you it’s a subscription

I came across Wine Selectors at the Sydney Royal Easter Show. It started out great and did some wine tastings, liked the wines we tried so ordered a box, conveniently straight to our door.
Then a month later, another box came, then was charged, every month. After calling Wine Selectors to question why we’ve been charged again, to then find out it’s a subscription. In theory, it’s a great concept. But to not tell people when they make a purchase that it’s actually a subscription is quite ridiculous.
Beware when ordering a box, that you’re actually buying a yearly subscription...

Great Service

Wine Selectors service is excellent.
But, I am usually not 100% happy with their choices. Usually there is one or two wines in each box that I don't particularly like, and usually one or two that I love. I then order the ones I like again, and when they are at special priced.

soylatte
soylatteChirnside Park

Knew it was too good to be true!

We recently came across Wine Selectors at the Melbourne Show and was quite excited by the concept, however, it has turned out to be a huge disappointment. Buyer beware- It seems sales targets are more important than customer service! Our delivery time and request for our credit card to be debited at a certain time were ignored, despite the request and promise it would be no problem from the sales consultant. It was debited a week early! No mention was given that you pay an annual membership fee- despite asking if there was any and finally, to be honest, the wines, are nothing special- nothing that you couldn't get at your local Dan's. Also would agree with previous reviewers, the calls you get for further sales are just over the top!

Find out how Wine Selectors compares to other Wine & Liquor Shops

It’s great I can tell them what I am looking for and they recommend what I should get

Very knowledge and friendly staff. I have never had a case of wine I didn’t like. Like that they take the time to tell me what they have. They try to match my tastes with the recommendations of what to buy

Taylah C.Wine Selectors

Hi there Nic, we are so happy to hear you enjoy our carefully selected range of wines! Thanks for taking the time to leave such nice feedback, it is very much appreciated. Have a great week! Cheers, Isabella from Wine Selectors

Review collected in partnership with Wine Selectors

Don't ever sign up they won't let you get out!

I signed up to Wine Selectors at the airport. It seemed like a great idea. After trying the wines (reds and sparkling ) I was very disappointed with the quality and cost, on most occasions Dan M had them cheaper. I have tried for 6 months now to cancel. They will not leave me alone! Phone calls and emails even though I have told them person to person on the phone, left voice mails and sent emails, that I don't want to continue my membership. They seem to just ignore it and ask me what wines I want to order! So buyer beware!

Nic
NicMelbourne

Use them once and you'll regret it forever

Every time I get a strange number on my phone from NSW and then research it online, it is ALWAYS Wine Selectors. I keep blocking the numbers but they keep finding new numbers to hassle me with. I ordered wine from them once for my mother on Mother's day five years ago and still they persist. Avoid them at all costs, the wine is mediocre at best and you're better off buying from your local shop or sending flowers to your mother instead.

HORRENDOUS SERVICE

I was at the Easter Show on the weekend and a representative at their stand was so unbelievably rude. I was there to introduce myself to some new labels and do some tastings as I have a keen interest in wine and work for a wine company myself. After telling him this and asking a couple of questions out of pure curiosity, I was shut down with "I won't be answering any more of these questions" with an extremely cold and stand-offish tone as well as only being allowed to choose ONE wine to taste. Wine Selectors have some wines that are not available at my company and I would have been interested in purchasing, but with this kind of service I was not given the chance... now very turned off and would not deal with them.

Kate
Kate

"Takes customer service seriously" but doesn't reply to customer's feedback for months. Think my opinion is already quite accurate so no need to try again to change it.

Chris
Chris

They'll keep on calling you forever

I made the mistake of signing up to Wineselectors as a trial the wine was OK, but you're better off just going to a local bottle shop. I ended up having to block their number because they would call me non-stop.

Luke
LukeMackay

Scam

Appauled
AppauledSydney

Appalling service - none in fact

Waited 27 minutes on the phone to receive a recorded message telling me to leave a message. If they are not willing to employ staff to take calls the message should be provided instant.

Coco
CocoSouthbank

Poor service poor quality

This company is such a scam.
Poor service and the wine was not the same what I tried at exhibition. I'll never ever buy any products from this company.

Taylah C.Wine Selectors

Wine is definitely not what they let you taste at expos

I saw Wine Selectors at the Every Woman Expo. The sales lady was super friendly, let me try a few wines and they were amazing. I signed up immediately.
The wines got to my door and I was excited to start trying them. They were not at all like the ones at the expo. I have had eight of 12 bottles so far, I have enjoyed one. Which I knew I would as I have had it before.
I do not recommend Wine Selectors. I am extremely disappointed in the quality of the wines.

Taylah C.Wine Selectors

The wine was extremely poor and a waste of money

The first 12 bottles I received were generally acceptable. The 2nd delivery of 12 bottles were all from the Hunter Valley and all except one bottle was extremely poor. The "victims" were all seasoned red wine drinkers and the verdict was unanimous. "Terrible" If I could select less than one star I would.
Save your money and go to Dan Murphy's
In fairness the offer was to replace those that were unacceptable. However, that was not followed through because 11 of the 12 were poor.

Unreliable standards

I was with them for a few years but left for good. They had some good wines but there were too many mediocre products, typically over-praised and over-priced. Typical was a mixed pack of Italian varietals. Very ordinary! They are also not competitive in pricing. If you have a limited budget then join Kim Brebach's "Best Wines Under $20." His reviews are straightforward and always focus on value for money.

Some of the reviews here are harsh. I didn't find Wine Selectors dishonest. Just slack in judgment.

Consistently unimpressed

I'm cancelling my deliveries. Had 4 cases so far and only happy with 1 bottle. The wines were consistently acidic, sharp and completely lacking in character. Spending average $200 per case. I will go back to Dan Murphy's, at least I know what I'm getting.

lauren
laurenAU

Terrible customer service

I ordered wine from Wine Selectors having come across them at a wine show. Seemed like a good deal, however they are utterly incompetent! Have screwed up my wine order four times! Charged me twice, including delivery for wine that was never delivered! They don't respond to emails, I've (to my embarrassment) taken to social media trying to get their attention. Very upset with the service.

graeme.dyall.1
graeme.dyall.1Bittern, Victoria

They do have some good wines but!!!!!!!!!!

Got tied up with Wine selectors at Melbourne Airport. On my 3rd delivery now of the varietal shiraz and some of the wine has been excellent with a few that have left a bit to be desired. Just received my delivery last Wednesday and noticed the price has gone up to $203 from $196 no big deal but would like to have been told. I have got just as good wine from Wine Market for around the $130 mark but of one label. The variety makes it good but is it worth the extra $60.00 to $70.00? They also send good a good magazine and some nice food recipes. I think its ok value!!!

A mixture......

Unless your ordering something from them specifically you get their made up and very thoroughly documented mixtures which are a mixture of good and average, as some others have stated the odd stinker (i've had worse from some others) has slipped through. I did ring to cancel the deal, but got talked into a more premium mix with little confidence but it turned out to be where the value and quality actually lies with them. Their customer service has been fine and has given the impression that getting out would be no problem (remains to be seen).

Avoid Wine Selectors!!!!

I will be telling as many people as I can about how bad wine selectors are!! They sent my wine out to middle of the desert where it has sat in 51 degree heat and gone bad and are expecting me to pay for it!! They just lie and go back on their promises!! They totally give you the run around!

Dont deal with them

Met them at Melbourne festival lied about wine and value read reviews cancelled order and credit card they then attempted to send the wine with an invoice as they could not use the credit card. I had to refuse the consignment even though I made it very clear I did not want to deal with the company they still sent it. I then refused to pay invoice they are a bunch of thugs and I would not deal with them at any cost. They lie con you and just try to constantly rip you off.

Joblake

Once in you have trouble getting out.

As with the previous reviewer I found most of the wine to be very ordinary, and worth well under what they listed as the normal buy price. They seem to inflate the alleged buy price and then give you a price that makes it seem like a bargain buying in bulk. Biggest problem is that if you decide to end your subscription they ignore you and keep sending wine. I am in the process of trying to sort it out at present.

Joblake

I now should update my review. Following on from the last post Wine Selectors have dropped me off their list after I talked to someone on staff who did what they said they would do, so now all good.

errolflynn
errolflynn

Not to be used as cooking wine

Well packaged wines. Good range. Very well presented literature. Each bottle is described, assessed, and price noted. You get a nice feeling of a job well done. However, of all the wines they sent I experienced very few that were any good. Most caused an involuntary drawing together of my cheeks due to sourness. Cheep cask wine is better than most of the stuff sold. Never actually as bad as vinegar, but that's the way I'm thinking. I gave them a fair go by ordering a dozen on three separate occassions. I maybe got two or three bottles our of the dozen, on each occassion that I thought were passable. Be warned.

Poor quality wine. Descriptions were lies.