Listing monitored by Wine Selectors

Mike EdwardsSouth East Queensland, QLD

Disgusted

Devo1974
Devo1974Sydney

Annoying customer service. They simply won't accept "stop" for an answer.

We took on a subscription with this company and had wine deliveries for a couple of years. Their wine selections are okay. Nothing special.
But when we asked for the automatic deliveries to stop they simply won't listen.
Dispite emails that clearly stated to stop deliveries, we kept getting deliveries and now they are chasing us for payment for orders we did not request.

On the basis of this predatory marketing approach to customers, I would steer clear of this "mob".
And I deliverately use the term "mob" as this is how they behave.

Choose a different company that actually cares about their reputations does not send debt collectors your way when you have a legitmate complaint.

Sacha T.
Sacha T.Sydney, NSW

Unethical marketing practices

I had been a member of Wine Selectors for many many years. Their wine is fantastic, although weighted a little heavily towards the Hunter region despite calling themselves independent.

Just last month, for the first time ever, they had begun invoicing me for a "membership fee". Although I had never ordered this item or agreed to the charge in any way, they just went ahead and started billing me. When I followed up with a complaint, they gave me their marketing spiel about what I get for that fee. There was no opt-out. Instead of apologising for trying to rip me off, they offered to waive the fee for 12 months.

Caution using wine selectors

This company plus their couriers lose wine orders and then proceed to tell you that its 7 to 14 daysfor an enquiry to be processed whilst wines remain in limbo.
Enjoy your wines if they ever arrive.

Phil
Phil

Delivered twice without my agreement or any notice and deducted money from my account.

I signed up a year ago at Melbourne airport. Wine is ok. Second delivery turned up without my agreement to purchase and proceeded to deduct my account without my authority. Now done it again 6 months later despite promising not to. Would not recommend and will not use again.

Teagan
TeaganMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

"Complimentary wine" IS NOT FREE.

They rip you off!

Terrible company to buy from! I can never reach their customer service. They did outbound call to sell me a box of wine without telling me the price, they put me on monthly order and keep charging me. It’s been 4 months and I still can’t reach them to cancel my order!

Sarah M.

unacceptableSydney, NSW

Highly Disappointed

Sick of it
Sick of itSydney, NSW

Zero Stars for their unsolicited constant telemarketing calls

I get calls from these idiots every couple of days... i have told them before i am a recovering alcoholic and they still call. I have asked for my number to be removed from their database... no luck. This is seriously idiotic.

MalcolmSydney, NSW

Can't cancel!

Absolutely the same experience as another reviewer. I've tried 3 times to cancel. Been a member for 10yrs+ but no longer wish to be. On 2/11 I called to cancel. Selected the option to receive a call back. Never happened. Second call on 9/11 and spoke to Vanessa who assured that someone from Membership would call: "They will call back." Didn't get a call. Have just spoken to Beck, who said she spoke to her Supervisor, Leonard "Lenny" Jones and assures me that my account will be cancelled. Fingers crossed.

Malcolm

Hi Taylah, I'm not on Facebook so I can't do that. I look forward to your call.

Taylah C.Wine SelectorsSend a private message

Not a problem Malcolm. I can confirm that I have followed this up with our team yesterday and they are intending to give you a call to confirm your membership cancellation.
Thank you and have a great day/weekend!
Taylah - Wine Selectors

Sheena I.
Sheena I.

So disappointed — seemingly no way to cancel

Wine Selectors promote that they have a ‘no lock in’ contract. Don’t be filled, the minute you want to cancel you can’t get hold of them. The only place I can gain a response is on Facebook messenger. My calls and email goes unanswered.

robbie
robbie

generally a pretty good service

june i.
june i.

Nice wines

Wine selectors have good wines which are great value and easy drinking. Their ordering and delivering is straight forward . I loved their tasting evenings which were great fun and well organised . The website is a little cluncky to use and it would be great if they had an app to score wines. I would give them 5 stars but their pushy telephone sales are really off putting.

Taylah C.Wine SelectorsSend a private message

Thank you for your review June! We appreciate your feedback and will be sure to pass this on to our contact centre team. We're so glad to hear that you enjoy our wines and our tasting events! Have a great day.
Thanks - Taylah from Wine Selectors