See the Best Car Insurance in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Woolworths Car Insurance

• 1-2 weeks (21)
    • 2-4 weeks (59)
    • 1-2 months (58)
    • 3+ months (49)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (189) · No (48)

Bartsch
BartschNorthern Territory

Bonus Offer at time of taking out new Comprehensive Car Policy was not honoured

There was a clear promotion at the time which we took into consideration when signing up to the new policy. It took 3 phone calls (each with a large wait time) to finally have someone who at least tried to follow up on the promotion but All ''conveniently'' apparently" did not know anything about the offer!!! Only on their Woolworths Insurance Hmmm.
therefor my advice is to take a screen shot to refresh their shocking memories.
Will be looking else wear for next time since they want to lure new unsuspecting customers in on false pretences!!!

joshua j.
joshua j.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Customer Service is Terrible

First time trying to contact since having the insurance. Trialled calling in the morning and afternoon and was on hold for over an hour with no answer. Tried online through the chat function with still on hold stating ' help is on the way' for over 45 mins. Even though online it stated only a 15 min wait. Very disappointed

Jaycee
JayceeBrisbane

No service - very unfriendly approach!

Had a policy for 1 year and now time for renewal. Rang 6 times and kept on hold for over 30 minutes. Same story each time, team members currently taking calls and will be with you asap!

Does as soon as possible mean 1 hour? 2 hours? Shocking! Do you know your waiting times for customers at all? Shameful and disgusting!

Going to terminate your policy, period!

john
johnMid North Coast, NSW

waiting tooooooo long, NO service

ring 3 times, waiting over half hour, then hang up,
how can you operate business like.
"team member are taking call, be with you as soon as possible, " this is a joke!!!!!!!!!

Insurance TypeComprehensive

Lori W
Lori WSouth East Queensland, QLD

Shocking customer service.

I m being charged for car insurance yet when I log in it says "there are no active policies linked to your account".
I have tried to ring them on three occasions only to wait for over 45 minutes each time . I am worried my car is not insured. I cannot seem to email them.
Each time I get in my car I am worried sick.
I dont know what else to do but to write this review.
I thought this company would be someone I could trust. I wished I read these reviews before I chose them and parted with my hard earned money and TIME.

Very poor customer service, they are robot. They don't listen to what you say

JasonGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

insurance is fine but customer service sucks

On the phone for 1 hour 14 minutes yesterday, didn't get it sorted, today there's a 1 hour and 4 minute wait before I can even start a conversation with someone.

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Avleen M.1 June 2020
we-compared-reviews-on-the-top-5-most-popular-car-insurance-providers
Ihatebookdepository
IhatebookdepositoryGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

I've been on hold for an hour

I'm so disgusted by being kept on hold for an hour that whilst I was waiting I switched to Budget Direct. I just find it so pathetic that you can't answer the phone within 5 minutes. I was planning on just staying with Woolworths from my old policy and moving it to my new car but I will not put up with being kept on hold for an hour - it's utterly trash customer service and does not bode well for needing to make a claim. I never even managed to get through to them - an hour with their horrendous call music and the woman constantly 'thanking me for my patience' was enough to make me want to punch the wall. It's 2021 - it's not good enough.

Long wait for Customer Service everytime

Very bad customer experience. Everytime i need to reach them its minimum 30 mins wait both on call on chat. Not a pleasant experience. Thankfully it was a general query so i could wait. What if i need roadside assistance / claim ? Definitely cant wait for this long.

Back On Their Word

Julie A
Julie ASydney, NSW

Disgusting Customer Service

My auto renewal did not go through as my card had expired. I updated my details on the website the day after it was due. I have been trying everyday since to contact them on the phone. They say up to 50mins wait! Do they only have one Customer Service rep? I just want to ensure they take out the payment. As I'm writing this I have currently been on hold for a period of 37 mins and still waiting!! Absolutely poor excuse for a company. Olive, the virtual assistant!! Ha what a waste of space

kylieah
kylieahMid North Coast, NSW

Happy with the end result of my claim.

Put in a claim for my car after hail damage. Was written off and replaced. I was frustrated with the whole experience as I loved my car and only brought it brand new 8 months ago. I hope I never have to go through this again but very happy with the end result. I pick my new car up tomorrow. 4 weeks from claim date to settlement is pretty good considering the amount of customers in the area that were affected by the hail damage. Thank you Woolworths Insurance. I will be organising my new policy with you and I like the 10% off groceries once a month.

CandiceGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Appalling non existing "Customer Service"

I tried to take out comprehensive car on my brand new car.. a few days later I got an email saying payment has not gone through. Tried to contact them through chat email and phone. Waiting 30 minutes on hold..why do companies think this is acceptable ?? So I've been driving about not knowing wether I'm insured or not.
Today I bought insurance from another company. Woolworths can cancel my policy. If I could give 0 stars I would. Disgusting so called Customer service.

I've purchased elsewhere

Nick H.Woolworths Car Insurance

Can’t get through on the phone. Increasing price every year

Can not contact via the phone. Just on hold forever! Policy goes up every year and auto renewal means you may not notice. Beware! But good luck canceling when they won’t answer the phone!

Poor service

My car was written off and I informed Service NSW, my green slip provider and Woolworths my Comprehensive insurer. Within 5 days I had refunds from Service NSW and green slip but am still waiting 4 weeks later for anything from Woolies. When I contact them it is an hour to wait on phone "experiencing high call levels" - this cannot always be the case (but it is) unless they are understaffed or terribly badly organised (though Optus the same). We waited nearly 2 years for them to organise to fix storm damage and people they used for that were shonky and un-professional. Cheap yes but good value no. I used to work at Woolworths support office and it is a great grocery business - pity the insurance "white label" gives them a bad name.

A Thorn

Amazingly quick response when you get a bad review. My advice is put the money into call centre and claims and get good reviews rather than retrospectively responding to complaints.

kylieah
kylieahasked
Comprehensive Car Insurance

Had anyone had new for old car replacement after your vehicle is written off? How long did it take to get it?

Hi Kyliah,

Thank you for your question regarding new for old replacement. Our Team is here to listen and assist our customers.

I can see you have also shared feedback with us via another channel.

We are awaiting your response containing your details, and once received; our team will be more able to assist you via this channel.

For more information about our complaint process, please visit our Compliments and Complaints page https://insurance.woolworths.com.au/compliments-complaints.html.

If you would like to know more about the Insurance product you have purchased, you can do so here https://insurance.woolworths.com.au/help-faqs.html or by contacting our Service team on 1300 10 1234.

Sincerely,

Nicholas
​Customer Resolutions Specialist

stayclearofegotheywillri
stayclearofegotheywillriasked
Woolworths Car Insurance

I can not believe that Woolworths have increased my car policy from third party to comprehensive without even telling me. This means they deducted an extra $300 without telling me. I can not believe this is even legal in Australia. And now nobody answers their so called customer service number to discuss this theft.

Hi Product Reviewer,

I am sorry to hear about your recent experience regarding your renewal offer.

Thank you for raising these concerns, at Woolworths Insurance we welcome and take your concerns seriously. Our Team is here to listen and assist our customers.

So we may assist you with your concerns and look into this matter further, could you please send us a private message with your Name, Date of Birth and Policy Number.

Woolworths Insurance

Hi Nick, I have sent you a private message urgently asking that my policies not be renewed. I have sent messages to your complaints links previously and received no acknowledgement whatsover. I have also emailed your 'cancel autorenew' email address and received no acknowledgement either. It seems the only way to get any reaction from Woolworths Car Insurance is to post messages on public forums. Please follow through and make sure there is no attempt from Woolworths to withdraw further money from my credit card and that when my two policies expire they are NOT RENEWED. Can you imagine how stressful Woolworths attitude is to your customers, many of whom are struggling financially because of government restrictions? It seems you are deliberately running down your car insurance branch, but there is a more civilised way to this without treating your customers like idiots.

Hi Product Reviewer,

I can confirm your request was completed on 26/10/2021 as requested and no further action is required.

We apologise for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

Hugh
Hughasked
Woolworths Car Insurance

How to cancel my motor insurance policy

Hi Hugh,

Thank you for your query, we have multiple avenues that you can use to cancel your policy.

Please visit our FAQs page https://insurance.woolworths.com.au/help-faqs.html utilise our online chat or feel free to contact us on 1300 10 1234.

See all Woolworths Car Insurance questions

Get an answer from our members and Woolworths Car Insurance representatives

Woolworths Car Insurance

Woolworths, underwritten by the Hollard Insurance Company, sells three car insurance policies: Comprehensive, Third Party Property Damage Only and Third Party Fire and Theft.

Points of praise for Woolworths Car Insurance

Reviewers noted that Woolworths' policies were easy to set up, with polite customer service. Another point worthy of mention is that reviewers observed their claims were resolved quickly and easily, with minimal delays when it came to Woolworths responding to claims.

As one reviewer put it, ‘I say thank you Woolworths for your prompt service, and the speed you operate at.’

Pain points with Woolworths Car Insurance

Unfortunately, the higher number of 1-star reviews agreed that while they experienced polite service at the start of the claims journey or when signing up, they encountered less friendly and helpful service when processing claims in Woolworths' call centre post-claim lodgement. Generally more evasive customer service was cited, including being put on hold for an extended period of time.

Reviewers also mentioned that while Woolworths offered cheap premiums initially, there were steep price increases in consecutive years. Another pain point involved frustration with Woolworths’ exclusive car repair centres. The nature of these frustrations involved smash repairers being too far away from people’s homes to be convenient, or that drivers were left waiting for months for their cars to be ready for pick-up.

Compare all 3 Woolworths Car Insurance
CategoryRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Funeral, Home and Contents, Landlord, Life, Pet and TravelFuneral, Home and Contents, Landlord, Life, Pet and TravelFuneral, Home and Contents, Landlord, Life, Pet and Travel
Coverage TypeComprehensiveThird Party Property DamageThird Party, Fire and Theft
UnderwriterHollardHollardHollard
Legal Liability Cover Included up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 million
Roadside Assistance Optional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional Extra
Reduced or Zero Excess Windscreen CoverZero Excess Optional ExtraNot OfferedZero Excess Optional Extra
Choice of RepairerNot AllowedNot AllowedNot Allowed
After Accident Care
Hire Car after an Incident

Optional Extra for up to $50 per day for up to 14 days.

Emergency Transport & AccommodationUp to $500 if you are more than 200kms from home and your car cannot be driven.Not IncludedUp to $500 if you are more than 200kms from home and your car cannot be driven.
Towing Costs IncludedNot IncludedIncluded
Hire Car after a No Fault Accident

Essential / Emergency RepairsIncluded up to $500Not IncludedIncluded up to $500
Benefits
Pay As You Drive / Fixed Kilometre DiscountOptionalNot OfferedNot Offered
Hire Car after Theft

Lock and Key ReplacementIncluded up to $1,000Not IncludedIncluded up to $1,000
Transit Cover IncludedNot IncludedIncluded
Trailer & Caravan CoverIncluded up to $1,000Not IncludedIncluded up to $1,000
Child Safety Seats and PramsIncluded up to $500Not IncludedIncluded up to $500
New-for-old Car Replacement

Must be within 24 months of first registration, and you are the first registered owner.

Personal Property CoverIncluded up to $500Not IncludedIncluded up to $500
Uninsured Motorist Benefit Not ApplicableIncluded up to $3,000Included up to $3,000
Accidental Loss or Damage