How to compare car insurance to find the best policy for you

Read now

• 1-2 weeks (20)
    • 2-4 weeks (54)
    • 1-2 months (55)
    • 3+ months (40)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (177) · No (39)

Ad Hater

Ad HaterMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Talking coffee cup

how stupid do woolworths think people are?

I would never ever get woolworths insurance while they use a stupid talking coffee cup to advertise their product.
its beyond childish. its a pathetic advertising campain.

Lisa

LisaSouth West, WA

Doesn't even deserve 1 star

Amanda P.Woolworths Car Insurance

Do NOT take out a policy with Woolworths - you've been warned.

Complete lack of transparency regarding additional charges for excess for inexperienced drivers, over two months wait to book my car in to be repaired, clear desire to write-off my car despite minimal damage (which they did). NEVER again, and I work for Woolworths.

Insurance claim...shocking service

The service from thid company is the wost I have ever experienced worldwide. Service options and contact are so bad, it has taken hours to even get through, let alone sort out the problem. This company gets a big fat Zero from me.!! Get it? ZERO.

Taffy

TaffyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very poor car insurance mob..

Never use woolworths car insurance again, my car was written off via another driver, took 1 month to finalize payment ..very poor service,never deal for car insurances if you live in melbourne,woolworths head office sydney nsw..

MarkMelbourneGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

They helped me make a 'not at fault' claim easy

Woolies helped me with a 'not at fault' claim. I didn't have to pay an excess and they took care of all the dealings with the other insurer. My car was towed to my choice of repairer, and they claimed a taxi for me to go and pick it up. I didn't ask about a hire car, although the other insurer probably would have had to supply one. For 'value' insurance they exceeded my expectations and made the whole process easy.

Pete

PeteHobart, TAS

Bewildered

Got my renewal and it as gone up quite a lot, so I got on to compare the market and filled in the question and low and behold Woolworths came back at $200 cheaper than my renewal
So I emailed your customer service questioning the renewal and was given this long email that the renewal was correct.
So how can compare the market be $200 cheaper so I double checked the info I gave them and yes it was correct
Tried calling Woolworths but no one answered after 1/2 hour, very frustrating

Regards

Pete

U happy customerNew South Wales

Worst experience ever

Started really well. However when contacted by a “customer service operator” Denise, she would have to be the rudest most uninformed person I have ever had to deal with. Having been told they didn’t really care about what I had to say, continuous interruption when I tried to speak and refusal to get a supervisor , I ended the conversation, cancelled the claim and paid for a (not at fault) repair. Now I am having trouble cancelling the policy as they only accept direct debit and do not have a cancellation option on the webpage. Won’t use their insurance, won’t shop there in future.

U happy customer

have tried to contact you and have failed. How do I send a "private message" ? Waited on the phone for 40 minutes and was then cut off. Not happy.

Vish

VishGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Don’t Don’t use Woolworths Insurance

Despite reading one Star reviews I went ahead and choose Woolworths Insurance 3 years ago thinking this must made up reviews. But I was wrong it’s been 4 months no fault accident and still not waived my access. Every time you call they say different stories.
Please don’t waste your money use proper car insurance .
Don’t do mistake which I did

Lesley

LesleyHunter Region, NSW

Roadside assistance

I needed roadside assistance for the first time yesterday and was blown away by the whole experience. From the time I discovered my issue to completion was under an hour and a half, and we live in a regional area. Thumbs up Woolies!

Elisabeth L.Woolworths Car Insurance

Hi Lesley, we are so pleased we were able to help you in a time of need. Thank you for sharing your feedback and choosing Woolworths Insurance. Stay safe and wishing you all the best!

If I could give zero stars I would.

Insurance TypeComprehensive

rayoss

Stick to being a supermarket

It took over 2 years for my claim to be finalised, do not...I repeat do not use woolworths insurance ever !!!! They have no idea about insurance, 300 phone calls and 25 months later.......Pathetic !

rayoss

Assistance you say ? i was chasing that for over 2 years, you will never hear from me again, the whole "Woolworths insurance " scam needs to be dismantled never to trade as an insurance company again !

David T.

David T.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Drive less Pay less option is a really good option for us.

The policy is very good value in comparison to our previous insurer. The claim process is efficient and keeps you up to date with each stage. I have been with Woolworths insurance for two years and have just insured my wife's car with them. The extra benefit of 10% off a shop up to $500.00 each month is an unbeatable advantage.

Elisabeth L.Woolworths Car Insurance

Hi David T, thank you for sharing your review. One of our key objectives is that every customer has an enjoyable experience, every time and we are so glad to see this in your feedback. Thank you for choosing Woolworths Insurance.

Dissatisfied

Dissatisfied

Super smooth experience

My policy was excellent value-for-money and can be managed online, which makes things super convenient for me. When I've had to make a claim, it's been extremely fast and efficient. When I've had to communicate with staff, they are always courteous and efficient. The repairer proposed for my car was also very conveniently-located for me, so this was very suitable. Can't fault any stage of the claims process!

Elisabeth L.Woolworths Car Insurance

Hi Dissatisfied, we are so pleased we were able to help. We'd like to take the time to thank you for choosing Woolworths Insurance and sharing your feedback. Stay safe and wishing you all the best.

X.CGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

DO NOT INSURE with Woolworths (Hollard) - Disgrace to the Insurance Industry - Woolworths insurance is a scam

X.C

UPDATE: 27 JAN 2021
#Don't waste your time on messaging them.
Woolworths Insurance is still playing games.
I have sent them two inbox messages as requested, but they never reply nor call back.

Kristy

KristyIllawarra, NSW

Do not use Woolworths Car Insurance

Called after accident was told personal effects ( bag & surfboards) would be covered. Put claim in & have had no communication from Woolworths & nothing about personal issues effect claim. No offer for car hire, told that our premium would be effected by a no fault claim. Overall an extremely disappointing service. We will not be renewing with Woolworths.

CATHY

CATHYGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good service and good value but can be improved in someway

Good in general and good value. Quick respond and friendly service. But should be able to do most of process online and less of human handling like other big leading insurers. [name removed] handling via phone is not the modem way to conduct this sort of process for this digital age.

Amanda P.Woolworths Car Insurance

Hi CATHY, we are so pleased to hear you're okay and we were able to help you in a time of need. We'd like to take the time to thank you once again for choosing Woolworths Insurance and sharing your feedback. Stay safe and wishing you all the best.

Brayden S.

Brayden S.Central Queensland, QLD

Claim Processed reasonably fast but my request was ignored

My vehicle was deemed uneconomic to repair. I was advised that it was going to be listed as a repairable write off and I was going to be paid out on my policy. The vehicle in question had a deep sentimental value to me. I offered to buy the vehicle back for a fair price but was told this wasn’t possible and I would have to purchase the e vehicle through an auction. Otherwise reasonably happy with communication and service provided

Sue M

Sue M

Fast and efficient

Very quick claims process and good result. Abby Bales helped us with the correct repairer. One week to approve the claim and 4 days to have the car repaired. The customer service people at Woolworths were very helpful. Absolutely no fuss at all. Would recommend.

Amanda P.Woolworths Car Insurance

Hi Sue M, we are so pleased to hear you're okay and we were able to help you in a time of need. We'd like to take the time to thank you once again for choosing Woolworths Insurance and sharing your feedback. Stay safe and wishing you all the best.

Easy process thanks Gerrad

Good value, a little slow, but thorough. They recommended the repairer who did a surprisingly great job. And i am fastidious! Over the phone, staff were overly helpful.

Amanda P.Woolworths Car Insurance

Hi Geoff, we are so pleased to hear you're okay and we were able to help you in a time of need. We'd like to take the time to thank you once again for choosing Woolworths Insurance and sharing your feedback. Stay safe and wishing you all the best.

mARJ

mARJasked

Woolworths Car Insurance

Why does Woolworths not offer a policy if you have not had insurance for the past 30 days? The website doesn’t allow you to give the reason. My reason had to do with a marriage breakdown where my ex husband cancelled the insurance that was in his name. The car was in his name, but I paid the insurance. The car was later transferred to me and I thought the insurance was also. I only found out about this a week ago and have not driven since. The car has no damage so why this rule?

Ian B.

Ian B.asked

HI I have limited km on my policy. how much to increase my km by 4000 ks

MarkMelbourne

Ring Wollies and ask 'em Ian! This is a review site, not a place for changing your policy.

kayj0344

kayj0344asked

Woolworths Car Insurance

I’m trying to find my account number

Get an answer from our members and Woolworths Car Insurance representatives

Woolworths, underwritten by the Hollard Insurance Company, sells three car insurance policies: Comprehensive, Third Party Property Damage Only and Third Party Fire and Theft.

Points of praise for Woolworths Car Insurance

Reviewers noted that Woolworths' policies were easy to set up, with polite customer service. Another point worthy of mention is that reviewers observed their claims were resolved quickly and easily, with minimal delays when it came to Woolworths responding to claims.

As one reviewer put it, ‘I say thank you Woolworths for your prompt service, and the speed you operate at.’

Pain points with Woolworths Car Insurance

Unfortunately, the higher number of 1-star reviews agreed that while they experienced polite service at the start of the claims journey or when signing up, they encountered less friendly and helpful service when processing claims in Woolworths' call centre post-claim lodgement. Generally more evasive customer service was cited, including being put on hold for an extended period of time.

Reviewers also mentioned that while Woolworths offered cheap premiums initially, there were steep price increases in consecutive years. Another pain point involved frustration with Woolworths’ exclusive car repair centres. The nature of these frustrations involved smash repairers being too far away from people’s homes to be convenient, or that drivers were left waiting for months for their cars to be ready for pick-up.

Compare all 3 Woolworths Car Insurance
CategoryRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Funeral, Home and Contents, Landlord, Life, Pet and TravelFuneral, Home and Contents, Landlord, Life, Pet and TravelFuneral, Home and Contents, Landlord, Life, Pet and Travel
Coverage TypeComprehensiveThird Party Property DamageThird Party, Fire and Theft
UnderwriterHollardHollardHollard
Legal Liability Cover Included up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 million
Roadside Assistance Optional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional Extra
Reduced or Zero Excess Windscreen CoverZero Excess Optional ExtraNot OfferedZero Excess Optional Extra
Choice of RepairerNot AllowedNot AllowedNot Allowed
After Accident Care
Hire Car after an Incident

Optional Extra for up to $70 per day for up to 14 days.

Emergency Transport & AccommodationUp to $500 if you are more than 200kms from home and your car cannot be driven.Not IncludedUp to $500 if you are more than 200kms from home and your car cannot be driven.
Towing Costs IncludedNot IncludedIncluded
Hire Car after a No Fault Accident

Essential / Emergency RepairsIncluded up to $500Not IncludedIncluded up to $500
Benefits
Pay As You Drive / Fixed Kilometre DiscountOptionalNot OfferedNot Offered
Hire Car after Theft

Lock and Key ReplacementIncluded up to $1,000Not IncludedIncluded up to $1,000
Transit Cover IncludedNot IncludedIncluded
Trailer & Caravan CoverIncluded up to $1,000Not IncludedIncluded up to $1,000
Child Safety Seats and PramsIncluded up to $500Not IncludedIncluded up to $500
New-for-old Car Replacement

Must be within 24 months of first registration, and you are the first registered owner.

Personal Property CoverIncluded up to $500Not IncludedIncluded up to $500
Uninsured Motorist Benefit Not ApplicableIncluded up to $3,000Included up to $3,000
Accidental Loss or Damage