Staying with Woolworth's Auto Insurance

I wrote a bad review but I've revived it now after a very positive experience with Woolworths. I'm 72 and was in business 50 years. I know things go wrong at times and problems arise. It's how you deal with those problems and treat customers that is important.
I had some teething woes with my Woolworth's no fault insurance claim but they have really now corrected everything and I am very happy with the response. No need to go into details but they were much faster and more efficient than some big name insurers I have dealt with.
So at the price of their insurance and pleasant dealing s with Woolie's staff I'm happy and I'm staying with Woolworths Auto Insurance.
# I see some reports on Woolworth's preferred body repairers. I used their repairers -P & K Accident Repair Centre P/Lin Leichardtt Sydney and I'm delighted with the work. Excellent and nice people to deal with.

Claim DateDecember 2018
Claim ApprovedYes
Dear Jon, Thank you for the review! We are glad to hear that you have now received the outcome you were looking for and that it was handled accordingly. We are always looking at ways to improve, and we do this by customers providing honest feedback. We are glad to hear that the repairs that were carried out on the vehicle were excellent and that you will be remaining as a customer with Woolworths Insurance. We appreciate your business and value you as a trusted customer. Again we would like to thank you for the great review!

Woolworths insurance A1company

Woolworths car insurance I was very impressed with my claim,someone backed into our new Subaru Outback in a car park and took off without any information, so we were up for the excess, the insurance claim was so easy,did it over the phone,put in the report ,got a claim no. Next went to our own smash repair,he put in the quote next day accessor passed it quite a big repair, was done within a week. Could not have asked for any better service A1 company Many thanks.

Car ModelSubaru Outback 5GEN 2.5i Premium
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateSeptember 2019
Claim ApprovedYes
Dear Happy Chap, Thank you for your review, we are so happy to hear that you have had such a good experience with our claims team and the repair place. Having such a great experience with a company makes all the difference. We pride ourselves in delivering excellent customer service to our customers. Thank you again for such a positive and great review!

Worst customer service.

They have the worst customer service. Their system makes a mistake and I have to pay them on top for them to change it and fix it. If your systems fails suck it up and fix it. Don’t ask for more money because you have a system failure. Don’t recommend this at all.

Insurance TypeThird Party Property Damage
Claim MadeNo
Dear Ali, Thank you for the review, we can understand that this may have been frustrating to deal with and experience. We would like to investigate this further, could you please kindly send us the following information in a private message, your: Full Name - Policy Number - Mobile Number. WE look forward to your response so we can investigate this further.

Good experience

My experience was good with Woolies car insurance. They provided me with the right level of assistance post accident to ensure settlement is done swiftly. Only negative is the wait time once a call is placed but could be improved by establishing a call back system. I am likely to re insure with them once I get a new car. This is an excellent product - Woolworths Drive Less Pay Less, as I don't drive that much.

Car ModelToyota Prius C NHP10R i-Tech
Claim ApprovedYes
Dear Samir, Thank you for your review, we are glad to hear that you have had such a positive experience with us and the products that we offer. We definitely agree that the wait time to speak to someone can be longer than it should be, however, we are currently looking at ways to improve this so the wait times aren't so long in the future. Here at Woolworths Insurance, we are looking at ways to improve our services to our customers, so we appreciate your recommendations and feedback. We hope to see you return to reinsure your new vehicle with us.

Cheap & Nasty

My wife had an accident 4 weeks ago, other party was obviously speeding. My wife ended up in hospital and taking several days off work, other party absolutely fine. Have received the first contact from Woolworths since the accident tonight, 4 weeks after the incident. Absolutely bloody reprehensible service. Going elsewhere.

Car ModelMazda 3 BM
Claim ApprovedYes
Dear Swaytan, Thank you for your review, We hope that your wife is now okay? We are sorry to hear what has happened and that it took so long to hear from the claims team, we can understand how frustrating this would have been for you and your family. At Woolworths Insurance we are always looking at ways to improve our services, so we will definitely be passing this feedback on to our claims department.

Good cover after an early hiccup

From set up to price we have been happy with the service but after making my first claim in 20 years there was a small hiccup in the process. I lodged my claim online on the day of the accident but was then told it would be a few days before it could be actioned. I have been paying for a hire car but as a claim number had not been generated i couldn't access the hire car. After repeated calls the very helpful lady set it up for me and all went smoothly from there.

My issue is that by lodging my claim online i was disadvantaged as the claim number wasn't generated. If i had called i would have had my hire car the same day.

Having to pay out the balance of my monthly insurance premium is interesting as i am paying for a service i no longer have. By paying this i am theoretically insured until May 2020 however my car has been written off.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim ApprovedYes
Dear Cameron, Thank you for the review, we understand the frustration that has been caused to you by a claim number not being generated when you lodged the claim online. We are always looking at ways to improve and we will pass this feedback on to the relevant department. We are still glad that in the end, you have been able to have a good experience with Woolworths Insurance. We are constantly looking at ways to improve and hope that as time goes by we can improve our online claims process. If you have any questions that you would like answered in regards to the claims process or your premiums, please contact us on 1300 10 1234 and we will be more than happy to answer any questions.

Do NOT use their preferred repairers

Preferred repairers look after the insurance company, so will do they cheapest job to repair the car.
My car was repaired very poorly and 14 months after the accident I am now being paid out because of the faulty repairs. There was a lot of phone calls, disagreements and heartache. They have cancelled the rego on the car because they are going to pay me out....but I will not see the money for ? four weeks! So am without a car and asking for a hire car. I did have hire car option in my policy.

Car ModelCalais
Claim MadeNo
Dear Darren, Thank you for your review, we are saddened to hear that you have not had a great experience with us and the claims department. They do have a process that they are required to follow in terms of the policy being paid out, however we can understand the frustration as 4 weeks in a long time. We can certainly pass on the feedback you have provided in regards to the repairs that were carried out on the vehicle. If you would like us to contact you and provide an update and investigate the claim and the progress, please provide us in a private message the following information: -Full Name, - Mobile Number - Policy Number - Claims Number. We look forward to your response.

Do not insure with Woolworths!

The ONLY good thing is the price, but you get what you pay for. Customer service is fine, but you have to wait a month for repairs. It took me two weeks to see the assessor, and a week to get the repairs authorised by Woolworths, and then another week and half in the workshop because they only have a few centres around Melbourne, none of them were local to me, (all extremely busy) and don’t open Saturdays. Very disappointed

Car ModelVolkswagen Golf
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim ApprovedYes
Dear Amee, Thank you for the review, we are saddened to hear that you have not had a great experience when it has come to making a claim. We can pass this feedback on to the relevant department, as we are always looking at ways to improve. If you require further assistance please let us know or alternatively contact us on 1300 10 1234.

Wait too long to repair my car

Why should I wait for one month to repair my car!? You only have one car smash repaired company to work with in Sydney? I am not the one at fault, why should I drive a smashed car to get assessed by a car smashed repaired centre and then drove it back to wait for the result of the assessment and then wait for nearly a month to get my car repair done? I have 30 years experiences in driving and lived in Sydney for 14 years in total. I always got my car repair right after it got damaged. Woolworths is a big well-known company, I cannot believe you only got one car smashed repair company to work with. I need my car everyday and I cannot believe my insurance company take the life of my family under the risk for nearly a month- should I drive my smashed car to pick up my kid or buy groceries for living?! Is it safe to do so?!

Insurance TypeComprehensive and Compulsory Third Party
Claim DateAugust 2019
Dear Kiki, We understand your frustration, and we would like to apologize for the inconvenience that has been caused. In regards to your review, we do understand a month is a long time to wait for the vehicle to remain damaged, especially when you have things that you need to do. Have you looked at obtaining a quote from your preferred repairer and provided this information to the claims team? You do have the possibility to get your car repaired by a preferred repairer provided claims accept it. We would recommend that you possibly look into this. If you would like further assistance please let us know. Or alternatively contact us on 1300 10 1234.

Terrible customer service

I rang about my policy and waited 30 mins to speak to the CSR who then transferred me to another team to discuss the policy and i was on the phone for 50 mins and still no answer very poor service i have now rung 4 times and today I got through hooray but they could not help me as from one year to the next my insured value has been dropped by 34% and the premium up by 10% am looking around to find another insurer
Very Disappointed Peter

Claim MadeNo
Dear Lunchdearboy, We are sorry to hear of your experience, here at Woolworths insurance we pride ourselves in providing excellent customer service to our customers, we are saddened to hear that this has not been the case for yourself. We have had an influx in our call volumes over the last few weeks, and we are currently working on ways to reduce the wait time customers are having to wait. We are also saddened to hear that you are now looking at changing insurance providers. We do have a product specialist team specialize in renewals and would be the best team to speak to, however if you have already spoken with them, then we are able to assist further as this is the best offer we can provide. If you wish to speak to this team, please contact them on 1300 10 1234.

Woolworths are customer focused

I currently have 9 policies with WW. 4 houses, 4 cars, one contents. This is my 3rd year and eventually moved them all over. I have read the PDS and its very comprehensive and similar to other insurers. I currently work and sell insurance but can not compete in the pricing, even with a staff discount.

Car ModelHolden Barina
Claim MadeNo
Dear Lynnie, Thank you for your review! We are so happy to hear that you have experienced great prices and an amazing customer service experience. We pride ourselves in providing the best possible prices and providing an excellent customer service experience for our customers. We appreciate your business and you as a customer. Once again many thanks for the positive review! We look forward to assisting you in the near future.

Best price.

I checked 4 insurers & WW were cheapest next to Aus. Seniors, who I now find rate much better, despite both using Hollard Insurance underwriting. Check with both as they have great policies, particularly if you drive low distances per year, however, they DO NOT have protected N.C.B.

Car ModelInfiniti QX70 GT 6 Cylinder 3.7L, Petrol
Claim MadeNo
Hi Paul, thank you for your review. We are happy to know that our insurance cover suits your needs. We would like to thank you for choosing Woolworths Insurance. If there is anything we can do to help you in future, please do not hesitate to contact us either via chat, email or over the phone.Disappointed you do not have a "protected" NCB like most insurers, to reward my long term driving record. Will stick with you if you do next year.

You get what you pay for

The call centre staff are not consistent. Ring 3 times, speak to 3 staff members and get 3 different answers. Management need to implement better training to ensure customers only need to call once

Car ModelMazda 3
Claim MadeNo
Hello there, thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear about your experience with our Customer Service. We do appreciate your feedback and it has been passed on to the relevant department for further improvement. We would like to thank you for your time and appreciate your patience in allowing us to deal with this appropriately. If you need further assistance, please contact us on 1300 10 1234 and one of our Service Representatives will gladly assist you. Alternatively, you can also contact us either via chat or email, if it is convenient for you.

Can't fault it.

I have nothing but praise for Woolworth's Insurance the way all was handled, & the quickness of
settlement.
There was no problem with the staff, who were very professional each, & every way.

Claim ApprovedYes
Hi Terry, thank you for your review. We are happy to hear about your fantastic experience with our service. We hope you have a great day. Thank you for choosing Woolworths Insurance and if there is anything we can do to help in future, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

FANTASTIC SERVICE

I was involved in an accident as I was not at fault but the at fault driver had insurance through racq. Woolworths could not do enough to help I spoke to an Australian lady who put my claim through waived my excess as I was not at fault I have had my car assessed and booked in within 4 days they are the best. Very understanding very happy with Woolworths insurance once again thank u Woolworths for the peace of mind and awesome service.

Car ModelHolden Commodore VE
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateAugust 2019
Hi Deidre! Thank you very much for such a wonderful review! We appreciate you for taking the time to convey such a wonderful experience with our company. We work really hard to offer PEACE OF MIND to all of our customers and provide the best customer service experience in the best possible environment. We are so happy that reflected on your most recent experience. We value our customers and understand how important it is to offer exceptional service. THANK YOU

Great service best we have had

We found it easy to apply on line and value for money and cheaper than the rest.the online help was very helpfull and their knowledge was outstanding,and pleased by response time

Claim MadeNo
Hi Paul! One of our core values is to listen and learn and we are giving our customers the freedom to use this platform to have the most positive human connection as possible. We appreciate you being a promoter of our service and our company. We appreciate you sharing your experience and we are humbled by your positive feedback. Thank you for choosing Woolworths as your car insurance provider. Happy to serve you!!

Unable to cancel policy

If you need to speak to a customer representative you will not get through. This is a tactic so you are unable to cancel your policy or make a claim. They have outsourced all their staff to India to cut costs. And by making you wait on hold until you hang up is another tactic of theirs.

Claim MadeNo
Hi Lisa, thanks for getting in touch with us about your Insurance cover with us.. We are very sorry to hear of the difficulty you experienced trying to cancel your policy. We'd like to have our Insurance Team follow this up with you directly. Please share with us your preferred contact number and policy number.

Don’t Insure with Woolworths- they don’t deal with Claims directly and my experience has been drawn out and frustrating

My claim took over 6 months to get repairs done and now I’m chasing them for refund of excess!! They demanded I pay excess even though they had details of company who accidentally damaged my property

Car ModelMazda Tribute
Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateMarch 2019
Claim ApprovedYes
Hi Bronwyn, thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear about your experience with our Claims process. If you wish to discuss your concerns further, please give us a call on 1300 10 1234 or alternatively send us a private message with your name and contact number, so we can arrange for a team member to contact you.

Woolworths Insurance avoid they are disgusting to customers!!!

I have sent over 25 emails multiple phone calls all on hold for over 30 minutes!!! I have been trying to cancel my DECEASED DAD'S car insurance with this disgusting company for over 2 months have sent all the relevant information they require to refund the $639 they took from his account unlawfully as I told them i would never deal with a crap company like Woolworths insurance AGAIN!!! I don't think my Dad's estate will ever see the $639... DISGUSTING!!! I'll be reporting them to Consumer Affairs ACCC and Fair Trading!!! disgusting company run by moron foreigners that cant even speak english let alone deal with any issues !!!! They just take your money and don't deliver !!!!

Car ModelSubaru Forester
Claim MadeNo
Woolworths Insurance are such crap they are asking for a will ???? Not everyone has one If the Supreme court of QLD issue "Letters of Administration" that is in replace of a Will you fucking morons !!!! Just refund the money to my Dads estate account otherwise I'll be taking further action !!!! ACCC Fair Trading you business should be closed Down !!!

Terrible accessor and repair shops

Very bad accessor and recommend repair shop. You should never send your client to lustre glo shop in marrickville. Very wrong attitude. If they can not fix your car then they will blame wear and tear what a joke

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateMarch 2019
Claim ApprovedYes
Hi Kamal D. Thank you for your review and your feedback. We will be sure to provide this feedback to our claims department. We understand your frustration and regret that you have had this experience. Can you confirm if the vehicle has now been fixed and repaired? If you require further assistance kindly provide us with your name contact number and state by private message and we will be more than happy to assist you.