Woolworths Car Insurance

Woolworths Car Insurance

Great Insurance

I have had Woolies insurance for some time and had to make a claim for a not at fault accident. Very swift with the claim and I had a hire car within a day. It all went seamlessly. My car was written off and my only gripe is

- Lack of communication after you are informed that the car is written off. I kept having to call to find out what happens next
- Your website should really have a Track your Claim option so you don't have to face lengthy wait times on the phone asking for updates
- How long it takes for your claim to settle. 2 weeks after accident and still nothing.
- The hire car is only for 10 days. With a not at fault accident I find this unfair and after 10 days you are left with nothing. I am just lucky that I purchased a new car and the dealer actually offered to give me a loan car until my claim money comes in.

Apart from that, I've been happy with Woolworths Insurance

Car ModelHolden Astra
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateMarch 2019
Claim ApprovedYes

Worst customer service ever!

Customer service is the worst I’ve ever experienced, car was assessed as written off 6 weeks ago, I have made at least 10 phone calls, have never had a single call back. Would never recommend!

Claim MadeYes

WORST CAR INSURER OF THE YEAR !!!

Policy cheap for a reason. No one calls. We had to call over a dozen times only to be told they would not follow our claim for us even though it wasn’t our fault.
So we had to do it all ourselves
And.... after towing our car we got it back with parts missing as they had helped themselves to pieces off our car
Am gobsmacked they still practise

Car ModelBMW 1 Series
Claim MadeNo

Lovely staff member. Super easy claim process

First time ever making a claim on car insurance and the process was so easy. Staff member was the loveliest person to deal with and things were explained clearly and precisely. Couldn't ask for a better experience

Plan covers drivers under 25No
Car ModelSuzuki Grand Vitara - JB (1999-2008)
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateMarch 2019

Worst customer service

Woolworths insurance is cheap. that's the only reason anyone would use it because their customer service or lack of is pathetic. Never answer phone calls and leave you on hold for hours. Never respond to emails or contact through social media. The ONLY thing they do fast is take your money.

Claim MadeNo

Been with them for many years, will now not recommend.

Lodged a claim on October 5th. 5 months later still had heard nothing. They tried to blame me for not calling them even though their policy states they will contact you within three days of lodging claim. The girl on the phone was very rude explaining this. Transferred abruptly to someone else who seemed helpful.

I had to give KM travelled, I explained to him that after 5 months since the accident, I would obviously have more KM on the car, told no problem. I asked to lodge a formal complaint, this was not followed through by Woolworths.

A girl phoned later to say they found my original claim, but it had not actioned, again asked for a formal complaint, this was not done.

Later was told I had to pay another $1000 due to KM being over, I explained I had flagged this at the time and told I would not have to as the KM were below at the time of the accident. Lodged complaint to AFCA.

Suddenly contacted by Wooldowrths regarding my complaint! Explained that they have caused me undue stress due to inaction and I was being hounded non stop by the other person's insurer even though I had sent them proof I had lodged the claim.

Woolworth followed up the complaint and waived the extra $1000 but ignored everything else I complained about. Have contacted AFCA again.

Plan covers drivers under 25No
Car ModelMazda 6 GG/GY (2002-2007)
Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateOctober 2018

Awful service

The policy was fairly cheap but some of the costumer service representatives are so rude and helpless. My car was written off from the first week but it took them 4 weeks to pay us out after more then 20 phone calls from us.

Claim DateFebruary 2019
Claim ApprovedYes

Really poor customer service and communication

Constantly stuck on hold, chasing them to do what they said they would do. Wouldn't take any responsibility for their poor performance. They just kept telling me they were very busy.

Plan covers drivers under 25Yes
Car ModelHyundai Accent RB (2011-Present)
Claim DateDecember 2018
Claim ApprovedYes

Never ending failure to respond or follow thru

Car was declared a total loss in December , Claim no 906905 , Have sent 2 or 3 payout letters from financier thru now , payout is only good for 5 days , they fail to react and date goes by , near 3 months has gone by now and yes I am still making payments on a car I dont have , they were quick to take the car- de-licence it and on sell it but I cant get enough action or response to get this finished, I have even asked if some one can respond so I am clear some one is reading these emails -- result , no response, claim still ongoing today 5-03-19 ---------

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateDecember 2018
Claim ApprovedYes

Delay in Claims and bad service

Claimed for "not at fault" total loss of our car, 5 weeks with no idea of when or how much they would pay out. Also do not refund rest of the year's premium (paid for 12 months, only used 4.5months) so we are out of pocket.

Claim ApprovedYes
Hi Jocelyn B, Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear of the delay in processing your claim. Please provide us with your full name, policy number and best contact number and we can arrange for a consultant from our claims team to contact you. Thank You.Already made complaints through Hollard team.

fair pricing

never made a claim with them but their pricing is fair and customer service is pretty good too compared to other insurance companies. We would choose them again in the future

Claim MadeNo
Thanks for your review Ell. Have a great day.

Wrong Person

I don't have insurance through woolies but they keep sending me emails about my claim, even after I told them they had the wrong person they continue to email me.

2nd car insurance policy now bought due to cheaper premiums

A couple of days ago we added a second car insurance policy to Woolworths, after being with another major company for more than 30 years. I noticed while going through the online quote process that the end price was different to quote price. I was a bit confused so I called up the customer service centre. After just 5 mins he was able to speak to his superior and a solution was found. As easy as that......one two three...….I was shocked. after having some very bad customer service experience with other companies...….he fixed it ….. and was happy too. Without all the hoo haaa that some companies put you through. I'm very happy to have both our cars now insured with Woolworths Insurance. I hope they keep this level of professionalism up. Well done team.

Claim MadeNo
Hi m s, thank you for your review! We're pleased to hear of your pleasant experience with our customer service team. Thankyou again for choosing Woolworths Insurance.

Worst insurance & customer service ever!

We went to make a claim with Woolworths Insurance and they dug up driving history from 10 years prior. It turns out my wife had a minor drink driving incident 9.75 years ago which they used as the basis not to pay out the break and enter of our vehicle (nothing to do with driving). We had never made a prior claim.

When we shopped around for a new policy, most insurers ask whether you have ever had a policy cancelled on you. We asked Woolworths for clarification as to whether we had cancelled our policy, or they had. We thought this would be simple but it took us months, hours being put on hold, terrible customer service and then multiple letters where Woolies couldn't even get this simple message right.

It has made getting other insurance products very complicated due to Woolies ineptitude.

Claim MadeNo
Hi Teifi, we are sorry to hear of the delayed service you received. If we can be of any further assistance, please let us know in Private message. Thank you.

Worst experience in the whole course of my claim.

my first claim ended with a bad experience, even though I have been with this insurer for quite a long time. you cant escalate after many calls to follow up. always excuses for slow or no action. promised today, tomorrow is a different story. you just cant trust what have been told.

Worst

My car was written off but it took 2 months and multiple follow ups to get the claim settled. And i havent got my personal items from my car yet.

Plan covers drivers under 25No
Car ModelHonda Civic MK7 (2001-2005)
Claim DateNovember 2018
Claim ApprovedYes
Hi Abhijit, thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear of the delay in processing your claim. Please provide us with your full name, policy number and best contact number and we can arrange for a consultant from our claims team to contact you. Thank You.

Very good insurance company.

I have made a claim for my partner who unfortunately was involved in a multi car accident. Woolworths have been nothing short of excellent. The communication is short and to the point and they have contacted me 2 days after the initial claim to request paperwork to finalise the claim. The tow was hassle free, the truck even took the wreck to the wrong auction site before speaking to Woolworths. Woolies insurance agents sorted that out and took all the hassle out of it for me. I think the staff are courteous and professional. To those having negative experiences. My advice is don’t call them ranting and raving and treat them with the respect they deserve and you might have better outcomes. The stress has been unbearable but we have refrained from taking that out on the claim agents and they have been great with us. I can not fault them. Cheap, fast and more than fair. Awesome job Woolies.

Plan covers drivers under 25Yes
Car ModelFord Territory SZ (2011-2016)
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateFebruary 2019
Hi Brad J, we are delighted to hear of your pleasant experience with our customer service consultants. Thank you for your review.

Another consideration before going with Woolworths Insurance...

I recently put in a claim for some damage from a carpark pole, just a scrape. I made the claim and it was approved. I'm in the process of trading my car in for a new one, but due to the backlog from the recent hail-storm, the repairs could not be done in time for my trade in date.

According to the Product Disclosure Statement;
If you have a claim under the policy, we will decide (in our sole discretion) whether it is best to:
- repair your car;
- pay you the reasonable cost for your car to be repaired;
- replace your car;
- pay you the agreed or market value of your car (or any other limit shown on your Certificate of Insurance) if it is a total loss;
- or; any combination of the above.

So I called them to find the options available to me and they said they had to choice of offering a cash settlement (see; "pay you the reasonable cost for your car to be repaired" above), but they "have decided not to". Simple as that. Now I'm stuck with a car that is devalued with no recourse as my lease is up and the car must be returned or paid out.

It's disappointing that they had the choice to make good, but they chose not to take it. My first claim in 20 years, and the first claim ever that I was at fault.

As with many people, I have to be heard by walking away from Woolworths products and the underwriter; The Hollard Insurance Company.

Insurance TypeComprehensive and Compulsory Third Party
Plan covers drivers under 25No
Car ModelVolkswagen Golf Mk.7 (2013-2017)
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateJanuary 2019

Terrible

They were super unprofessional when handing my insurance claim, it took a month and 10 days to get my money and they had 3 grand in hidden fees at first my excess was $2200 originally then it was $3k outve no where. They also kept not processing my claim, 3 times I called and they said it would be processed after a few days but then nothing with each phone call my total excess went up, almost half of my pay out went back to Woolworths

Very very disappointed I think it goes without saying but highly recommend going elsewhere for your insurance as there monthly fees seem cheap, your excess comes with hidden fees

Plan covers drivers under 25Yes
Car ModelFord Falcon FG (2008-2014)
Claim DateJanuary 2019
Claim ApprovedYes

Don’t sign up with these guys

We have been lied to
They took money out of our account straight after our phone call
However on the phone they advised us money would come out after 5 working days
On top of that we cancelled our policy a day after our initial call because the new car purchase did not go thru
I find them untrustworthy and pushy on the phone

Insurance TypeThird Party, Fire and Theft