Woolworths Car Insurance

Woolworths Car Insurance

Far too long to complete claim

not good value excess too high, took weeks to complete the claim.
Have been with insurance company about 3 years.
Used roadside assistance which was just a battery company and wife paid premium price for replacement battery, not cool.

Claim ApprovedYes
Hi Greg, thanks for your review about us and about your claims experience. We apologise for any inconvenience caused and we are concerned that you have had this experience with us. We require some more information to assist you further. If you can please let us know your preferred contact number, state, claim number and policy number in a Private Message so that we can follow this up with you ASAP. Thank you.

Warning Do Not Use This Insurer!

I made a claim because someone had hit my car, i have there information and the guy had owned up to being at fault and have even sent proof to the company that shows he hit my car, the company has the nerve to investigate me though!! They want my phone records and my partners which is beyond a joke, even the details of the shops i went into prior!? Im not at fault so why should i be interrogated! Im happy to pay the excess but im paying this company to do what exactly? Interrogate there customer when everyone is on an agreement that the other person hit my car and even he agreed, now the other person is basically saying if they dont do anything then hes not paying a cent, why the hell are you not helping me!! Your paying customer!!?? And interrogating them not me!!?? Honestly your a JOKE of an insurance company a joke joke joke i refused to give any of my personal information to this company and i have a right to refuse unless supeoned to do so! [name removed] from the interrogations department was no help and basically implied that cancelling my policy with them was no big deal, i felt he all but wished me on my way. I had just recently changed to your company and ill tell you it was the big mistake of my life!

Car ModelHolden Captiva
Claim ApprovedNo
Hi Kirsten, thanks for your review about us and about your claims experience. We apologise for any inconvenience caused and we are concerned that you have had this experience with us. We require some more information to assist you further. If you can please let us know your preferred contact number, state, claim number and policy number in a Private Message so that we can follow this up with you ASAP. Thank you.

Excellent Value & Great Customer Service!!!!

We recently experienced great customer service with Maria from the Lodgement Team. We had to lodge a claim through Woolworths Car Insurance. Spoken to Maria who was very professional & knew the process extremely well. Step by step, she was able to guide us through & have our claim submitted with within one hour. My wife who was involved in the accident & was still at shock at the time of putting through the claim. However, Maria managed to calm her down by at the end of the claim. Overall the premium we paid was a great value and the level of Customer Service that we received was First Class. I would strongly recommend Woolworths Car Insurance with confidence.

Car ModelSubaru Forester
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateMay 2019
Claim ApprovedYes
Hi OBX, thank you for your review. We are happy to hear about your fantastic experience with our Claims team and Maria. We will pass your feedback on and we hope your wife is all well. Thank you for choosing Woolworths Insurance and if there is anything we can do to help in future, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Horse crap bad service live without this insurance! They will ignore you

Woolworths Comprehensive Insurance was incompetent - literally called and emailed them 5-10 times and still they were unable to update my address and name. It was ridiculous. Customer service is so ignorant, they just ignored my emails for over a week which was requesting my final outcome with correct details. They are hopeless and almost deliberately ignorant. Get actual customer service and a company that at least pretends to care somewhere else. Anywhere else HAS to be better than the ignorant representatives I painfully endured.

Claim ApprovedYes
Hi Sofia, thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear of your experience with our Customer Service Team and we are concerned that you have had this experience with us. If you wish to discuss your concerns further, please give us a call on 1300 10 1234 or alternatively send us a private message with your name, policy number and contact number, so we can arrange for a team member to contact you.

Dreadful. They try and weasel their way out of everything.

I had a trampoline blow over the neighbors fence onto my car. I provided the neighbors details but I still have to pay an excess even though the policy clearly states that if the damage was caused by something totally unavoidable the excess would be waived. How can simply having my car being parked in my driveway not be entitled to have the excess waived.

Claim MadeNo
Hi MJH, thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear about your experience with our claims process. If you would like to discuss your claim further, please contact us on 1300 10 1234 so we can assist you.

TERRIBLE

As of this writing, I am still waiting for my Settlement Claim.
My car has been assessed write-off due to hail damage; Towing Date has been scheduled 13-April 2019; Car has been towed by their designated towing company 23-April 2019 (10 days delayed from date of towing); All the required documents have been provided to them; still pending claim. I am even being charged for next cycle payment. I was advised they will email me of the confirmation and status- Nothing so far. Btw, every call I make takes at least 30 minutes before being answered. I even get asked as to what towing company towed my car, and which yard it was sent to. Isn't it supposed to be their responsibility?!
Very disappointing indeed.
As a Woolies employee myself, I actually expected better and timely service. It's been over a month since the inspection.

Claim MadeYes
Felt sick and tired calling them in their 1300 number, which always take me at least half a hour before getting attend to. Waste of time really. Instead, out of frustration, I have sent a comment/ feedback in their Facebook site. After 2 days of it being posted, I get a response. Hallelujah! A standard message though - stating their apologies for the delay, sorry to hear my predicament, and that they have forwarded my request to their Insurance Team and they shall get back to me 1-2 business days. Business day 1 starts today (6/5/19), let's see how this go... *time is ticking Wow Car Insurance*Dear Vee, thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear about your experience and this is certainly not the experience we aim to provide in regards to our claims process. If you would like to discuss your claim further, please message us your policy number, full name and contact number so we can contact you. Alternatively, please contact us on 1300 10 1234 so we can assist you.Zubair, Last friday night (3-may 2019), I was messaged by the woolworths car insurance (fb private message) that the claims team will get in touch with me within 1 to 2 business days. As of this writing, I haven't heard from anyone from the team yet in addressing/ resolving my claim. Please understand my frustration - I have provided several times my details through the many calls I've made to your hotline 1300 10 1234, through emails I've sent to: tl claims woolworths <tlclaims@email.Woolworthsinsurance.Com.Au>, through the facebook private message I've responded. Here goes again: Policy # [policy number removed] Cn 922394 Towing date: 13-april 2019 Actual date my car was towed: 23-april 2019 due to towing company's delay From the above, you should be able to get hold of my details. Do let me know if you cannot find it in your system and I'll gladly give it again. I still haven't received my settlement claim. No letter/ email to confirm my claim.

Absolute rubbish

My claims process was a bloody joke. Had to pay for my own car hire during claims process after car was stolen and written off. I have been asking for over 5 months for the break down of my payout but I am being ignored! No idea where my money went, no one bothers to tell me. Piece of trash insurance. Whenever I tried to call I was put on hold or just passed around to even more useless people who had no interest in helping me. I kept emailing and calling and rarely received a response. POOR FORM

Car ModelToyota Prado J150 GX 4 Cylinder, 2.8 Litre Automatic
Claim DateOctober 2018
Claim ApprovedYes
Hi KME, thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear about your experience with our claims process. This is certainly not the service we aim to provide to our customers. If you would like to discuss your claim further, please private message us your policy number, full name and contact number so we can contact you. Thank you.

Worst insurance Co

They will not answer the claims phone when called. I'm now on my 6th day been on hold for more than an hour x4 times a day then hangs up. Don't waste your time with this company.

Claim ApprovedYes
Dear Drew Mola, thank you for your review. We understand your frustration with our hold process and apologise for the long wait you have experienced. We will take this feedback on to help improve our hold processes and wait times. Thank you.

Beware! No customer service, will get away with anything they could legally

Extremely unhappy with the car insurance claim process. Had an extensive damage to the car - I would not be feeling safe at all even if their repairer claimed they could fix it safely (costing about half the insured value). Asked Hollard / Woolworths insurance to pay me the cash instead (about half the insured value - same as the repairs cost, instead of paying their preferred repairer...), but they refused. Raised a complaint which they say in their PDS they would resolve within 15 days. Also asked them not proceed with the repair (which they agreed) until the issue is resolved. In a matter of few working hours, they called back saying repairs had "almost finished" and too expensive for them to undo the repairs!!! Even after a month, they would not confirm if the car repair was "finished" since it was "almost finished" in a few hours from when I asked them to hold off. Their 15 days period per PDS, passed by without any response on the complaint - their update in effect was that although they say 15 days, legally they can get away for 45 days - so they were in fact happy to issue misleading PDS evidently with no intention to deliver on their promise!!!

Still waiting to hear back from the staff in the complaints department who spoke to me in the morning of 18th April and promised to provide update / resolution by end of the day.

Such a lack of empathy and don't care attitude to customer service...

Update: After emailing their CEO, got a final formal response which totally ignored all the issues raised. Basically they would do anything they think they could get away with legally. Zero empathy, zero customer service, zero working towards community / customer expectations.

Claim MadeYes
Dear Disappointed, thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction with our claims process. If you wish to discuss your claim further, please contact us on 1300 10 1234. Alternatively, please message us your policy number, full name and contact number so we can request one of our agents to contact you.Hi Zubair, thanks for the message. Claim #919663 if you believe Woolworths has the power and desire you can right a wrong. However, you have outsourced all to Hollard and as a consequence you are tainting Woolworths reputation with the practice of defending the indefensible at all costs! By the way, got a confirmation subsequently that the car is still not repaired!!! and an admission there is unrepairable damages. New defence: the damage (which could be caused by "hitting the gutter / kerb" as per assessor) was already there before the accident in which the car not only hit the gutter / kerb but with such force so as to go across and take down a house fence and totally smash the front / side of the car. No mention of the damage not related to the accident in the original assessment but only when queried if the car is safe after the supposed repairs!!! #profitbeforesafety #profitbeforeservice #Hollard #Hollardinsurance #Woolworths #woolworthsinsurance #carinsurance #AFCA #ASIC #bradbanducci

Disgraceful Service, do not go with Woolworths insurance, change to more Reputable Insurers at the soonest possibility

I lodged a claim & I had to follow up several times. They do not return calls & it took 5 emails before I received an incomplete response to my questions. I have again today followed up, within minutes of finally getting a reply to my emails (for which they had conveniently deleted the email history!!) - and of course, no reply
For each of the 5 calls I have made, I was waiting from 30 minutes to 1 hour and 36 minutes before someone answered the phone. I was put "on hold" for extended periods during some of the conversations, and on one occasion the call became 'disconnected' - I hope because of a phone line issue. And of course no call back. Note that Woolworths will answer the phone immediately for new insurance queries
We provided information from the police identifying the owner and the driver (3 times!!!), yet they claim they can not find the driver and that we have not provided the information
I have asked a number of questions, they choose not to answer the questions. They did not disclose information relevant to making informed decisions even though they have been asked several times.
For example, I have asked them what refund I would get if I cancelled my insurances, which include 2 home insurances.
For example, what impact on my no claim bonus would there be if I followed through on the claim (BTW the accident was not my fault)
For example, stopping the automatic debit when our premiums fall due (we WON'T be going back!!)
They dumped on their repairer rather than taking accountability for their lack of responsiveness. They also dumped on their investigator.
They will not provide direct contact numbers to discuss your queries
Trust the reviews - they do not lie - I wish I had done more research before hand

Car ModelToyota Prado J150 GXL 4 Cylinder, 2.8 Litre Automatic
Claim ApprovedYes
Hi John, thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear about your experience with our claims process. If there is anything you would like to discuss about, please message us your policy number, full name and contact number so we can arrange for the relevant department to contact you.Hi Zubair I notice that someone has replied proving their policy number, full name & contact number which is now publicly available & therefore subject to fraud & other identity risks I would rather you send me contact details that are not visible publicly so I can provide this information directly Many thanks - look forward to your prompt response so I can reply promptly JohnHi John, Thank you for your reply. You can send us a private message stating your policy number, full name and contact number so we can arrange for the relevant department to contact you. Thank you.

Worth the money

I'm currently in the process with a claim and im happy with the customer service, it has been annoying having to call up and wait on hold for 50min each time in order to get statuses on the claim but i wasnt expecting much more with the amount im paying. Everyone i've spoken to has been really nice and i'm about to find out the verdict on my claim early next week. They have also processed the reimbursement for the hire car within a matter of minutes after me following up. For anyone thinking about going with woolworths, do it but be prepared to follow up and wait on hold :)

Car ModelToyota Yaris
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateApril 2019
Hi Jade S, thank you for your review. Thank you for your positive feedback. We are glad to hear that you are satisfied with our customer service. We understand our long hold process can be frustrating and we will take this feedback on to help improve our processes.

Disgraceful

Long wait periods either on hold or the claim, mine still hasn't been paid. After an incident dealing with this company is not worth it. Wish I read these beforehand.

Claim ApprovedYes
Hi Natedog, thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction with our claims department. If you still require any further assistance please send us your name, policy number, best contact number and state via private message and we will arrange for a team member to contact you.Nathaniel Gibbons. Claim number 921495 Policy number MOT106727159 0428397981 VictoriaHi Nathaniel, Thanks for sending through the details. We're pleased to let you know we've escalated your enquiry with our Insurance Team for their assistance. Please allow our team 1-2 business days to get back to you about this enquiry. If possible, our team will certainly contact you sooner. Thank you for your understanding and ongoing patience.

Worst experience ever wish i could rate no stars

Rude, inconsiderate, poorly trained, no empathy, uneducated. Could not explain my situation as the claims officer Natalie kept speaking over me and becoming more aggressive as the conversation continued. Was advised they would call back never did, i had to call to get answers and was on hold for 45 to 55 minutes each time

Claim DateApril 2019
Hi Kathy, thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear of your experience with our Claims team and their communication with you. If you wish to discuss your claim status further, please give our claims team a call on 1300 10 1234 and one of our agents will be able to discuss this with you.And wait on hold for 55 minutes evety time I ring. Give me a direct line for someone or you ring me

Beware of automatic renewal

I received an email for annual policy renewal but as the price had increased substantially I decided not to renew.
Imagine my surprise when I then received a text stating the new fee would be deducted from my account. I called and was advised that their policies do not expire, and have to be cancelled at the end of the term. This not standard practice in the industry: Beware.

Insurance TypeThird Party Property Damage
Claim MadeNo
Hi Tricia, thank you for your review. We apologise our automatic renewal process was not made clear to you. We do this to ensure our customers insurance coverage does not lapse. We also have a 14 day cooling off period, where customers can make changes as well as cancel the policy and receive a refund for the premium paid within the 14 days. If you wish to discuss this any further, please send your name, state and contact number via Private Message.

No Rewards Points received on Comprehensive Car Insurance

When I purchased Comprehensive Car Insurance in December 2018, I provided my Woolworths rewards card number and was told the bonus points that were linked to the purchase would be added to my card within 40 days. It has been double that time frame and still no points. I have made three phone calls asking about the missing points and received the same response each time: the points will be added to your card in the next week. I noticed the same issue raised by another reviewer. It's poor customer service to have to repeatedly contact the company to have such a simple matter rectified.

Claim MadeNo
A successful outcome was achieved one month after my first published review. After contacting the company on two additional occasions, the 20,000 bonus points were added to my Woolworths Rewards Card.Dear Maggie, thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that you have not received your rewards points for your policy. Please private message us your policy number, full name and contact number so we can investigate further. Thank You.

Worst customer service EVER

I’m happy with the price and coverage, however the customer service is appalling.
Sold my car and tried to cancel the policy, went through the automated service several times and all it does it send you a link to the portal online that tells you to call them anyway because it can’t be done online!
I could only find ONE option that lead to speaking to an actual person and it took half an hour to get onto anyone.
Took all up over an hour and about five phone calls to the number. Absolute waste of time.

Claim MadeNo
Hi Bree, thank you for your review. We are sorry hear you found our automated service difficult. This feedback has been forwarded to our management team to help improve our processes. If you require any further assistance, please send us your preferred contact number, state and policy number via private message and we can arrange a call back for you.

Worst insurance - poor customer service

I made my claim with Woolworths over 6 weeks ago & am still yet to have any resolve.
I have not been contacted by Woolworths even once. I have had to call myself every week & speak to different people. No one ever knows what is happening & will look into it & assures me they will get back to me, but never does!
& they are always rude & short not helpful at all.

I was given wrong information from my very 1st call when I made my claim.
I was told Woolworths would take over from here and not to do a thing.
4 weeks later I’m told Woolworths cash settles & isn’t going to fix anything.
And needs to send an insurance estimator out to see the scope of damages.

6 weeks my investment property has now been vacant & damaged based on the wrong information given to me by Woolworths & the lengthy waiting time & still has not come to a conclusion.

Woolworths does not cover loss of rent and as such I am losing money every single day they drag out this claim. Making it pointless even having insurance.
By the time it is finalised (only god knows when that will be) I will have lost so much in rent, I might aswell have fixed the damages at my own cost in the first week.

I have asked to speak to a manager & been told I cannot put you through to a manager, I will have to log your request & someone will return your call in 24-48hrs
Surprise surprise no one has called !
I have asked them to go back & listen to past recordings as I’m always told something different, the next time I call I make the same request & am told oh that’s not in the notes from the last call. No one does anything to help!!

I was also told to take images of any damages found once rubbish & belongings were removed As the assessor had already visited & that the images would be proof enough.

Now that I have had the works completed out of my own pocket I’m being told the photos are not enough proof & cannot pay those damages the assessor will need to reattend & assess.
This is not possible, I was advised the photos would be enough & have had the damages fixed.

I’ve also been told a lot of the damage is wear & tear. My property was BRAND NEW when I insured with Woolworths. The extent of damages at my property is not wear & tear.
It is only 6 months old.
For example brand new bathroom vanity’s don’t swell & peel in 6 months. But I’m being told this is wear & tear.
Ceramic tiles are not easily broken.
There is 4 tiles with chunks missing out of them.
This is not wear & tear in 6 months.

I want to get this claim finalised, insurance should be a speedy process. It is the reason people pay for insurance, to not have to worry when something goes wrong.
But Woolworths has made this experience hurrendous & stressful.
They have not been helpful in any way shape or form.

I will not continue to be a Woolworths insurance customer once this is finally done!

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim ApprovedNo
Hi Emily, thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear of your experience with our Claims team and their communication with you. If you wish to discuss your claim status further, please private message us a phone number that we can contact you on and your old policy number. We will have someone call you to discuss this with you, or alternatively you can contact us on 1300 10 1234.

‘Basic cover’

Have used these guys for over 5 years now. First of all I’d like to say their phone manner is fantastic but secondly I’d like to share my experience. The first time I went to make a claim they informed me that my road side assistance only covered towing close to a city. Towing ended up costing me a fortune! The second time (most recently) I went to make a claim on my extra glass insurance and was told they don’t cover rear glass (most insurance companies do) if choosing this company please read the fine print and realise you are getting ‘basic cover’

Plan covers drivers under 25No
Car ModelIsuzu D-MAX RA (2008-2012)
Claim MadeNo
Hi Grant Ramsay, thank you for review. Your feedback has been forwarded to our management team to help improve our processes.

Worst insurance company out there!

Im not one to leave reviews or complaints as I truly believe everyone has different experiences and what is poor for one may be amazing for another but after reading so many reviews about people’s terrible experience and it being the exactly the same as what I have had To go through. I strongly reccomend anything else but Woolworths insurance ! And as for the wait time after having to make numerous calls as there was absolutely no communication amongst the company and it’s staff and the company and myself, every single time it would be a minimum of 30min before a call was picked up. I wasted many days weeks hours time of mine when if only things were communicated from the initial call when the claim was made , I wouldn’t have to have gone through all that stress. It’s terrible to see that after a car accident that no body ever really wants to have even though they opt for insurance it’s only to do the right thing just Incase. Moving forward I wish that your insurance company read all your reviews and have some training in communication and compassion for people like myself who have a terrible day only for it to be followed by the worst experience ever!!!

Claim ApprovedYes
Hi Greg, we are sorry to hear of the poor communication provided by our claims department. If you would like a call back to discuss this matter any further, please send through your name, policy number and contact number via Private Message.

Terrible experience..never go with woolworths..

Customer service is worst..it takes 40 minutes to connect to someone and then in between if they feel like they don’t have answers they just disconnect it and then it’s another 40 minutes to connect. Sometimes they ask u to leave voicemail with details so that they can give u call back but they will never give u call back. It’s been a month my insurance has not been finalised and everytime you give them call they will say 5-10 working days.if u ask them to lodge a complaint they will not do it.

Claim MadeYes
Hi Jay, thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear of your experience with our customer service. If you wish to discuss your concerns further, please send us a private message with your name and contact number, so we can arrange for a team member to contact you.

I have the hire car option that says 20 or 21 days. That has ran out today and I called to ask to have extended. That section wasn't open so I went through to new claims to ask what to do. They advised they don't have access to existing claims and said I could return the car and call back tomorrow or not return it but they cannot confirm the extra charges would be paid for. I returned the car to avoid any issues. I am wondering since the car is going to be another week or two according to the repairer will they extend the hire car? Thanks for your replies in advance Craig
Hi Craig, we apologise for the delayed response. In regards to your question above, please be advised you will need to contact our existing claims department to discuss the hire car cover time frame. Please contact us on 1300 10 12 34. We look forward to assisting you further.

I would like to know who I can contact to go further with complaints. I am still waiting on two seperate refunds after a claim was done Incorrectly! I was told 3-5 business days. It is now onto its 10th! Business day. I’ve made a formal complaint with your claims manager LIAM, but am still to hear anything. After reading the amount of reviews on here thouroughly I see this isn’t just one really bad experience I have gone through... it seems to be the norm and common practice with your insurance company. I feel that this sort of treatment should be made public to the media such as a current affair so people like myself who are trying to do everything right during a terrible experience aren’t going through this sort of drama which has taken emotional toll!!
This company is horrible, looks like fraud.... Am closing all policy with them, this is 3 weeks and 4 days am yet to receive a payout.Dear Greg, Thank you for the question and its upsetting to hear of your experience with our claims department and the communication that has occurred. Please contact one of our agents on 1300 10 1234 and ask to speak to a resolutions member and they will assist you with your situation.Don't bother " contacting one of our agents on 1300 10 1234 " as I've been waiting on that number for 35 minutes now. "One of our team members will be right with you" is a fraud after this length of time. I put in a claim (no fault) on my part) on Dec 4th- now April when I finally get a response. Insurance may be cheaper but you get what you pay for- my next step is a complaint to the regulator which works- as it did last time with NRMA.

What is your policy on severe hail damage, do you repair or write off vehicle. My car is 18 months old.
Sorry, no idea. I never had a claim. I cancelled because I got a better deal elsewhere. They just have not yet given me my refund 15 days down the track.G'day mate, I think that if every bolt on panel needs repair (the roof is not bolt on as are the 1/4 panels) has a bit of damage the car will have to be resprayed which would make it a financial write off, hence my answer is yes. But if it is only minor damage to 1 side of the car then I think it would be repaired. Hope this helps. Ed.Thank you for your answer. Very helpful thanks.

Similar listings