Woolworths Car Insurance

Woolworths Car Insurance

Well... We got there in end...

Nil Communication... I literally had to keep calling to push the process... No one should wait 30 days for a simple claim to be processed like this. It was a no-brainer as well... But, points for getting there I guess... The staff were polite and tried to help in their way I suppose. :-/

Bad
Good
Insurance TypeComprehensive
Plan covers drivers under 25Yes
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateJanuary 2019
Claim ApprovedYes

Worst experience so far, treat customers like murder suspects

My friend backed into my car, who is also with Woolworth insuraance . He logged a claim it’s been over 4 months now and we still haven’t resolution. We provided claim deperatment with various photos, however keeps knocking backing saying it’s not in the right format??? Really Woolworth, where in your fine print does it say you have to provide photos in certain format?? Last time I checked, photos taken on the phone are standard jpeg format. Not sure what more you need. They treat customers like murder suspects and customer service is very poor. Stay away from these guys!!!

Car ModelAudi A4
Claim DateSeptember 2018
Claim ApprovedNo

Lack of approved repairers

Chose of repairer too far away and not a great number to choose from. Also repairs not authorised on same day.dont know what the delay was in doing this. Just slow

Good
Good
Insurance TypeComprehensive
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateFebruary 2019
Claim ApprovedYes

Terrible Phone and chat support... So long waiting time

I am about to join Woolworths this week. Gladly I had to call them twice already and stayed on the phone for over 20 minutes. Luckly got to cancel before it starts.

Claim Made:No
Book AgainNo

Terrible company! Don’t join them!!

Terrible company! Don’t join them!! I’ve been with Woolworths car insurance for 2 years but I sold my car these days. I don’t need insurance anymore. I would like to cancel and refund my insurance so I’ve been calling them for 1hour then I’m still waiting for transfer to the attendant. Just I want to cancel and get my money back! When you join the insurance, it’s really easy but if you want to cancel they never answer! Horrible service. When I get next car, I’ll never come back to Woolworths insurance. Poor service. They don’t want to give the money back. I really don’t recommend them. Im very disappointed.

Insurance TypeThird Party Property Damage
Claim Made:No
Book AgainNo

Amazing customer service and efficient help.

Phoned in regards to my insurance claim. Staff worked as fast as they could, were so friendly and helpful. Weren’t pushy. Did not have to wait too long over the phone. Glad I’ve chosen Woolworths as my comprehensive insurance.

Plan covers drivers under 25Yes
Car ModelHyundai i30

Think ahead & beware

To start very helpful & proffesional.the problem is on the claim side my car was damaged while parked .with no investagation by the insurance company it was decided i had to pay the excess.
Which is fair enough. It was me that chased up the police report, phoned to check progression, at no time did any rep from woolworths attempt to check the matter. It was always at my request that any thing was done. Staff were pleasant & helpful untill the matter needed some leg work. I left them & for a similar price do not have any leg work the new insurer handles wirh out any prompting. To add the witness of my damage was never chased up or any q? Asked. So i had to pay the excess.
Look else where there are other deals with similar offerings.

Bad
Good
Insurance TypeComprehensive
Car ModelMazda6

The Most Wonderful Service.

I only joined Woolworths Car Insurance in August 18. My Mazda 3 got hail damage in December 18 and had to be repaired. Woolworths Car Insurance dealt with this issue so promptly and kept in touch with me all the way making sure that my car was being repaired on time. The service was first class, phones answered fairly quickly and any inquiry I had answered without any problem. My car was repaired within 2 days!!
I am so very happy I switched to Woolworths Insurance and would like to thank them for their expert service and care during this stressful time!

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi Ailsy, we are pleased to hear of your pleasant experience with us. Thank you for your review.

Had a car accident

I had a car accident, I got hit on the back bumper by a car. I was totally right.
The guy from Woolworths insurance at the phone was totally useless, 35min for answer. I need to rent a car due to the timing for repair the damage. The useless guy told me that I had to call the insurance of the guy that hit me , and tell them to arrange the renting for me, because they wouldn't do it.
Ridiculous, what do I pay an insurance for? if I have to do everything by myself.
The useless guy was keeping apologizing, like a robot , with out find any solutions.
I called the other insurance company , which is more serious, and they help me a lot , giving me numbers of car renting, that manage this type of situation, and explaining how everything works.
The useless guy from Woolworths insurance was supposed to work on my side,but was looking like he was against me. He didn't give any assistance.
Why should I pay an insurance company that doesn't represent me and doesn't act on my behalf.
When I asked him , with which company are you insured? He answered : I'm not insured. Ridiculous
Useless

Insurance claim madeYes

Hail damage and change of policy

Feb 2019, I have been with Woolworths for a year. Our car recently got damaged in the December hail storms. I submitted my claim forms in Dec and was told i could enquire about salvage value of the car. Given i purchased my car brand new 14 years ago and it has only 85,000 km i was interested in keeping it, i was told yes that it is possible and when my car goes to assessor they could tell me repurchase price. It would be a total loss claim as its below $10,000 in value. I have been waiting on this assessment appointment and have heard nothing since late December.

Well Woolworths have changed the policy this end of Jan 2019 and wont allow this ! as there is a backlog of cars from hail damage and was told "its not fair for other customers not affected by hail storms". If i want to repurchase my car i have to go to auction house to buy it back.

While it has cheap insurance premiums, its policies are not aimed at satisfying customers at claim time- i dont want another car i just want to fix my one. Not everyone can afford to fork out money in this economy.

Claim time matters, stay away from Woolworths!

OK
Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateDecember 2018
Claim ApprovedNo

Terrible Claims Service

I bought Third Party Car Insurance and one month later a lady drove into me in a rental van. Both the lady and rental company would not admit fault and that already wasted a month so I made a claim to see if Woolworths could resolve the issue. Two months later my car is still not fixed and Woolworths have not tried to resolve the issue at all. They told me they emailed the rental company and were waiting for a response and that was it. Never heard back from them and that wasted another month. I have now cancelled my policy.

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi Veronica, we do apologize for the inconvenience and dissatisfaction with our handling of your claim. We'd like to have our Car Insurance Team follow this up with you directly. Please send your best contact number and full name via private message.

Less Cover, Same Price

Been with them for a year, dropped my agreed value by 20% overnight but do you think my repayments dropped too? not a cent. See ya later

Insurance claim madeNo
Hi Tom, thank you for your review. If you would still like to discuss the renewal please send through your best contact number and full name in private message and we can arrange for a Customer Service agent to contact you at a preferred time.

A company that doesn’t reward loyalty

We signed up last year with Woolworths as they were good value for money and a brand we trusted. This year our renewal came through and it had gone up 25%. We’ve never claimed and all we’ve done is been a good customer.

We’ve looked around and we’ve been offered a better rate this year than last year with another big name unsurance provider. When I called Woolworths they confirmed that they offer better rates for first time customers but not for those who are loyal to their brand and want to be a continued customer. They eventually offered me a $100 gift voucher but this would mean I was over $270 out of pocket. As such I’ve cancelled my policy and will never trust any Woolworths business again.

Insurance claim madeNo
Hi Gordon B, Thank you for your feedback and we are sorry to hear this was your experience. Please private us with your full name, telephone number and a customer service representative will contact you

Best Service

First time with this insurance company and I’m so glad I jumped on board.My monthly payments are good value as you can choose the Kms you drive to the rate you pay.First Claim(Not at Fault)They were super quick on phone with the claims dept.Very friendly,polite and understanding.My car was repaired with a premium recommended repairer and they were super fantastic too.I was back on the road in 7 days with no fuss.Best prompt and incredible service.Thank you woollies.I will highly recommend woollies car insurance to all my friends and family. 10/10

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi Darryl, thank you for your review. We're pleased to hear of your pleasant experience with our service. Thanks again for choosing Woolworths Insurance.

Quick & Easy to deal with

Woolworths Insurance were so easy to deal with when I made my claim. I made my claim Friday and my repair was approved on Tuesday. I would definitely recommend them.

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi Ian, Thank you for your sharing your review. Hopefully, we will be able to maintain the same service, while you're with us.

Worst Insurance Company.

I have your comprehensive car insurance. Mid way through 2018 near Darwin in the Northern Territory I had an accident involving a kangaroo which damaged my radiator, front diff and my engine (due to over heating).

When making my claim, talking to the assessor and the company carrying out the repairs. I was told everything was going to be covered by my insurance.

The company carrying out the repairs had my vehicle for 3 months while they fixed the above issues. After the 3 months I was called & emailed saying that my vehicle was fixed and ready to be picked up. As I live in Queensland I booked a flight for the next weekend to come and pick up my vehicle. When I got to the repairer I was told that it was all fixed and ready to go. I had paid my excess over the phone before I had flown up so all I had to do was sign some forms.

Thinking that my car was fixed I jumped in and started it up ready for my 3000km drive back to Queensland. Upon starting my car I could hear that there was still a rattle in the engine. When I asked about it I was told that it wasn’t fixed and it wasn’t included in the quote to Woolworths (which I never got to see). Immediately I rang your call centre and tried to get it sorted out. Thankfully Woolworths covered my flights since I was told that it was fixed when it wasn’t but I was still left out of pocket since I had to miss work and travel expenses.

The excuse I was given was that my car needed a service and that the noise coming from my engine was coincidental. I know that I am a female and I’m not sure if it’s because of that but I am not an idiot like you think I am. I know that a noise does not randomly start happening out of the blue the exact same time I have an accident.

Your way of trying to sort out what was going to happen to my car was moving it to Mitsubishi in Darwin where they still couldn’t tell me anything and wanted me to pay $2500 for them to look at it. Which I am not paying as I was told that you were going to fix my car and it should have been done in the first place.

I live over 50km to the nearest town and it’s a bit hard to live when you don’t have a car to go get groceries or even go to the hospital in an emergency. I live pay check to pay check as do most Australians so I don’t have the luxury to just go out and buy another car. I have had to pay friends to borrow their cars and pay for taxis to just be able to get around. You have had my car for over six months and to tell you the truth I’m and sick and tired of getting messed around by your company. I have still had to pay my insurance every month even though I haven’t had my car. I have put in multiple complaints and nothing has been done about it. Your company is a disgrace and I strongly advise anyone that is looking at taking insurance out through you to go with another company.

Insurance claim madeYes

This car insurance is rediculous!

I have been with Woolworths car insurance since 2016. I will be leaving however. I live in Campbelltown NSW, not exactly the middle of nowhere, yet they expect me to take my car to a repairer who is half an hours drive from here!!! There are countless smash repairers around here, who do exceptional repairs, yet I have to drive half an hour away to a repairer!! Are they kidding????? Imagine the taxi fares just get home after dropping my car to the repairer and then to go back there to pick it up?

AND to ad insult to injury, when I put in the claim I was asked if I am on any prescription medication! I was giving way to traffic, when a woman ran up the back of my car, and it was her fault!!! What has it got to do with whether I am taking prescription medication??? What happens to someone who has an accident who is on prescription medication? I assume that their claim will be knocked back, regardless of whether it is their fault or not!

So friends, I would certainly not recommend Woolworths car insurance, especially if you are one of the millions of Australians who take prescription medication! Oh, and you better be happy to travel to get your car fixed and have heaps of money for that Uber or taxi ride home!!!

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi Mish, thanks for getting in touch with us about your Car Insurance cover with us. We are very sorry to hear of the inconvenience faced and dissatisfaction with our handling of your claim. We'd like to have our Car Insurance Team follow this up with you directly. Please share with us your preferred contact number and policy number.

Claim

Almost been a month since put a claim I’ve been told everyone gets back today from holidays absolutely not happy.Had car hire which didn’t know until I read my policy then I called and they gave me booking number for my hire car.

Claim process difficult

I used to be with Woolworths as they provide one of the cheapest comprehensive car insurance on the market, and there is option to select different low kilometres to suit your need to even lower the price.

However from my personal experience, the value of your cover really shows when you make a claim. I have had car insurance for 20 years and had never had any at fault claim. However this time another car hit me on the side, it was a tricky situation and they decided its my fault without further investigation as I requested. Ok, no problem, I know it was a tricky situation and I was just unlucky, so I am not arguing about that. The car was a ride off.

The claim process was very slow that I had to kept on calling to follow up. They demanded that I had to provide driver license report, which I had to pay extra to obtain a copy from the government website. ( I have not heard other insurance company demand such report when making a claim). Ok,I did that and sent it to the email address they provided. It got bounced back as an incorrect address, so I contacted them again and had to get a different email address to re-send.

Later I received a letter from them asking me to collect my belongings from the car yard, and on the letter it stated that the number plate has been obtained, and i do not need to do anything with it. When I went to collect my belongings I was handed over my number plate, it was confusing as the letter stated that they have obtained the number plate. so I ended up returning the number plate myself to the service SA and explained to them the mix up.

Not only the claim process was slow, but all the mistakes which delays the whole thing even more. In times when you had car accident and needed to make a claim, you are in a stressful situation, all you wanted is the professional service provided by your insurance company to guide you through this process as smooth and as less trouble as possible. This was certainly not the case.

So after this experience, I have switched the insurance company to one with better reputation, even thought they cost more, but I think its worth it.

Value for money

I just got a quote from Woolworths and I’m impressed, they offer way better value for full comprehensive car insurance with all the bells and whistles, they offered me a higher market value than my previous insurer who I was with for 8 years and it’s at half the price.., yes you read right HALF the price my old quote $2305 woolies $1209 and the excess is $100 less as well. So very happy