Listing monitored by Woolworths Car Insurance

101 questions from our users

Shane G.asked
Comprehensive Car Insurance

How long between determining a rite-off and recieving a pay out

Moe S.
Moe S.

4-5 months ar least

The Reviewer

Do you mean write-off and receiving ?

Natalia J.
Natalia J.asked
Woolworths Car Insurance

If you don't have the car insurance access money upfront what happens? Can you pay it off?

The Reviewer

Why not simply ask them directly

Paul LWasked
Woolworths Car Insurance

I switched from AAMI who dont allow choice of repairer
Do Woolworths Insurance allow my choice of repairer?

Edryl F.Woolworths Car Insurance

Our policies do not offer a choice of repairer. An appropriate qualified repairer appointed or approved by us will do the repairs.

The Reviewer

The answer is already covered in their policy and listed on this page

Not helpful Reviewer R. Woolworths Car Insurance replied 2 weeks ago

mARJasked
Woolworths Car Insurance

Why does Woolworths not offer a policy if you have not had insurance for the past 30 days? The website doesn’t allow you to give the reason. My reason had to do with a marriage breakdown where my ex husband cancelled the insurance that was in his name. The car was in his name, but I paid the insurance. The car was later transferred to me and I thought the insurance was also. I only found out about this a week ago and have not driven since. The car has no damage so why this rule?

mARJ

It was made clear during a phone call that the circumstances made no difference to the rule.

Edryl F.Woolworths Car Insurance

Hi Marj, we are sorry to hear about your circumstances regarding how the insurance was transferred/organised to be in your name. We are sorry to advise that the rule comes from our underwriters at Hollard and is now stipulated with our policies. If you wish to discuss your concerns further, please give us a call on 1300 10 1234 or alternatively send us a private message with your name and contact number, so we can arrange for a team member to contact you.

Ian B.
Ian B.asked

HI I have limited km on my policy. how much to increase my km by 4000 ks

MarkMelbourne
MarkMelbourne

Ring Wollies and ask 'em Ian! This is a review site, not a place for changing your policy.

Edryl F.Woolworths Car Insurance

Hi Ian. For any changes or queries regarding your existing policy, you can either contact us on our live webchat available online or you can call us on 1300 10 1234, or alternatively you can email our team at 'customerservice@woolworthsinsurance.com.au' with your full name and contact number.

kayj0344
kayj0344asked
Woolworths Car Insurance

I’m trying to find my account number

Edryl F.Woolworths Car Insurance

Hi Kayj0344, We can assist you with locating your policy number, you can either contact us on our live webchat available online or you can call us on 1300 10 1234, or alternatively you can email our team at 'customerservice@woolworthsinsurance.com.au' with your full name and contact number.

kayj0344
kayj0344asked
Woolworths Car Insurance

I’m trying to find my ww car insurance no my name is Kay Lynette johnson

Zoe H.Woolworths Car Insurance

phil
philasked
Woolworths Car Insurance

how do i go about cancelling my car insurance

Elisabeth L.Woolworths Car Insurance

Hi phil, you can cancel your policy by calling our Car Insurance Service Team on 1300 10 1234 or by visiting our Live Chat service on our website https://insurance.woolworths.com.au/ where one of our Customer Service Representatives are available via web chat from 8.30am - 7.30pm weekdays and 9.30am to 4.30pm on weekends.
You can also email our team at 'customerservice@woolworthsinsurance.com.au' with your policy information (policy number, full name, date of birth and vehicle registration number) and request and our team will get in touch with you directly. We hope this helps in answering your question.

Howard dennettasked

I have full comprehensive policy. Policy no mot107777154
Am l covered for windscreen and if so do l have to pay access.?

Howard dennett

I ask a question and ask me for a answer????

Please woolies write me an answer or give me a call 0400047682 thanks

Elisabeth L.Woolworths Car Insurance

Hi Howard dennett, thanks for reaching out to us. If you have the optional extra of Excess Free Windscreen cover on your policy we will pay the cost of replacing or repairing the front windscreen of your car if it is accidently broken or damaged. If needed, you can lodge a claim for the damage and there will be no basic excess to pay. If you require assistance, please give us a call on 1300 10 1234 or alternatively please reach out to us through our Live Chat service on our website https://insurance.woolworths.com.au/ where one of our Customer Service Representatives are available via web chat from 8.30am - 7.30pm weekdays and 9.30am to 4.30pm on weekends.

Terryasked
Comprehensive Car Insurance

Got a quote, and it was better than 5 other insurers. However, looking at all the negative reviews, I would have to have rocks in my head if I went with them.

Elliott R.
Elliott R.

The pricing is so attractive but the cover just isn't worth it in my experience. Any issue with the claims and it takes days to get a reply and they dont seem to want to help. Suncorp insurance seems to be the best cover although its a little pricey

Terry

I've been with Youi for quite a few years now and have always had good customer service when I go about renewing my policy. We go through the same dance each year where they send me a policy with the premium increased, I negotiate and get it down a bit and come away feeling like they have done me a favour!
I am sure that many people would be devastated to find out how much their vehicle is NOT worth, mainly because people have a love affair with their vehicle. To find that my Ford Territory Ghia is only worth 4.5K (165K on the clock) and they are asking 11% of that for a premium is a bit of a shock.

Steve Wellsasked
Woolworths Car Insurance

I have being on hold for over 1 Hour because i phoned earlier today to get a QUOTE i was told by the women i would get it in about 1 hour and that was at 8.45 am on the 17/8 2020 but word back and can not get it on the phone .Maybe you might trying to check and put more staff to answer the phone not happy Steve

Steve Wells

This is beyond a joke don't they have any one to Mann the phones

Kathy
Kathyasked
Woolworths Car Insurance

Please can you give me a cquote on a Mazda3 2008 only use to take grandchildren to school dont pick up has done 130,00 km

Trent M.
Trent M.asked
Comprehensive Car Insurance

I have has the same experience as other people on this site. This is beyond disgusting. I need to find 6 people to start a class action. Would you be interested in joining so it adds more weight and gets media attention? Anyone please private message me.

Steveasked
Woolworths Car Insurance

Do drive less pay less unused kilometers rollover to the next year. Example if i choose 10,000 kms usage for the year & i only do 8,000 do the unused 2,000 km's give me 12,000 km's in year 2 of my policy.

Brock B.Woolworths Car Insurance

Hi Steve, thanks for reaching out. You are absolutely correct; any unused kilometres will roll over onto your next policy period. Ensure you are adhering to the end odometer reading on your renewal document. We hope this helps in answering your question.

sukh
sukhasked
Woolworths Car Insurance

I have the international valid licence. Will i be able to get insurance for my car?

Brock B.Woolworths Car Insurance

Hi Sukh, if your international license allows you to drive within Australia, you are able to purchase Insurance for your vehicle assuming you meet our criteria. We hope this helps in answering your question.

Bev
Bevasked
Woolworths Car Insurance

Who is repairer after accident

John Dough
John Dough

Unique panels, Hallam

Elisabeth L.Woolworths Car Insurance

Hi Bev, thanks for sharing your question. In the event of a claim, you can specify your preferred repairer for review by our Claims Team. This decision is ultimately up to our team and is determined on a case-by-case basis. Thank you.

Mann S.
Mann S.asked
Woolworths Car Insurance

If you cannot beat price than why did you put option “beat price “ , either remove it or do proper implementation.

Elisabeth L.Woolworths Car Insurance

Hi Mann S, thanks for sharing your feedback with us in regards to your recent quote. We apologise for any inconvenience caused. We do currently offer a 'Price Beat Guarantee' - meaning we'll beat your current renewal notice by up to $50 and match it, 'like for like'. You just need to have a comparable comprehensive car insurance renewal notice (valid this month, last month or next month) and be 25 years or older to be eligible. If you'd like to apply for a price beat, just get in touch with our team on 1300 10 1234 between the hours of 9am to 7pm Monday to Friday (EST). T&Cs Apply.

Aceasked
Woolworths Car Insurance

There doesn’t seem to be any way of cancelling my policy at the moment because all of the call centres are closed, therefore no one is monitoring the chat either. Any advice? Also It can’t be done on the portal.

Elisabeth L.Woolworths Car Insurance

Hi Ace, thanks for reaching out. Due to current circumstances we have been inundated with enquiries which has resulted in a longer than usual response time, we apologise for any inconvenience caused. We'd like to let you can cancel your policy by emailing our team at 'customerservice@woolworthsinsurance.com.au' with your policy information (policy number, full name, date of birth and vehicle registration number) and our team will get in touch with you directly. Or you can call us on 1300 10 1234 between the hours of 9am to 7pm Monday to Friday (EST). We hope this helps in answering your question.

Thanks, done cheers.

Mummabear86asked
Woolworths Car Insurance

Not very happy our car got stolen 2 weeks ago today. My husband has been treated like he is a criminal and now it’s being further investigated by an external company. In our street where we live 3 of our neighbours have had their cars stolen and they haven’t been found at all. So we did the right thing cause of what has been happening In our area and took out agreed value a few months ago and now for us trying to keep our possession safe they are treating us like total dogs and basically saying we have lied. Don’t even think we will actually paid out anything. Not happy at all and thinking of taking legal action cause it’s truly disgusting how we are being treated.

Elisabeth L.Woolworths Car Insurance

Hi Mummabear86, thanks for reaching out to us. We apologise for the experience you have had with your claim. We would like to assist you further and have sent you a private message. We are looking forward to hearing from you soon, thank you.

Mummabear86

There is no point saying sorry to me or my husband as will still do not have a car for my husband to drive cause we still have not been paid out anything for his car which has been missing for over a month. We are both truly disgusted with your company and will be making sure that no one ever insures their or anything else with your company that is for sure.

Brendon R.
Brendon R.asked
Woolworths Car Insurance

What happens if I go over the kilometres I have stated within my policy

Customer Service RepWoolworths Car Insurance

Hey Brendon,
What happens is if at the time of a claim the odometer reading is outside the Kilometre range you have provided, an additional $1000 excess will apply.
Just remember, you can also increase your kilometre range online by visiting our website https://insurance.woolworths.com.au/my-insurance-portal/login.html. If you have not already done so, register as a new member and the portal will link your policy to you. You will then be able to view your policy documents, update banking details and manage many other aspects of your policy from there which saves you waiting in a queue to talk to someone.
Please be advised that we do have a new webchat service. You can also chat to us here at https://insurance.woolworths.com.au to have your enquiries resolved. Alternatively, you can call us on 1300 10 12 34 between the hours of 9am to 7pm (EST) Monday to Friday to speak to one of our Customer Service Consultants who will be able to assist you.

Get an answer from our members and Woolworths Car Insurance representatives