72 questions from our users

How do I get a quote?

Danni J.

Danni J.asked

Woolworths Car Insurance

hi i have a question about claim procedure.i hope a could speak to a good representative.please help

Margaret

Margaretasked

Woolworths Car Insurance

If you have an accident, can you select the repairer?

paul
paul

You can read their policy online or they will tell you if you phone.In their booklet they say they will guarantee everything if repairs are done by a repairer appointed OR approved by us.[for as long as you own the car.] There is NO protected NCB.

Dear Margaret,

Thank you for the question, the answer provided by Paul is correct. You have the option of obtaining a quote from your preferred repairer however it will need to be approved by our claims department before any repairs can be completed, please let us know if you have any other questions that you need assistance with, we will be more than happy to answer them. Alternatively, you can contact our friendly sales team on 1300 10 1234 and they will be able to answer any question you may have.

Rebecca G.asked

why was my claim 937709 rejected

Customer Service R.Woolworths Car Insurance

Hi Rebecca, I'm sorry to hear that your claim didn't go through. Please contact our claims team at 1300 10 1234 and kindly speak to one of the claims agents, for more clarification.

useless

Leo M.

Leo M.asked

Woolworths Car Insurance

what is your email address

Customer Service R.Woolworths Car Insurance

Hi Leo, our email address is customerservice@woolworthsinsurance.com.au.

Alternatively, if you wish to discus any concern, you can also give us a call on 1300 10 1234.

Leo M.

Leo M.asked

Woolworths Car Insurance

what is the email address

Dear Leo,

Our email address is customerservice@woolworthsinsurance.com.au

Please let us know if you require further assistance.

Alice Wee

Alice Weeasked

Hi,

Recently I had renew my car insurance with you and you had deducted money from my credit card but did not receive the premium car insurance letter from you. Please send me a copy, please? My car Reg. No. TYJ 217, Toyota Prius. Drivers name Oi Chun Yeow & Stephen Wee.

Your kind co-operation will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Oi Chun Yeow
(e-mail address: alicewee88@gmail.com

Dear Alice,
We have sent you a message so we can assist you further with sending out the letter you require.
Once we have a response to the message we have sent we can action your request.
Please let us know if you require further assistance.

Tomas C.

Tomas C.asked

Woolworths Car Insurance

Hi there! I have sold my car 1 week ago and I've trying to cancel my policy. I called your customer support number in 3 opportunities and waited for more that 30 min each time.There is no way to cancel it on your website either. Can anybody tell me how to cancel my policy? Why is it so easy to get onboard and so hard to leave?

Gail
Gail

just talk to any customer service in sales then ask for a manager then you should get service but be aware they are a overseas call centre

Ryan A.Woolworths Car Insurance

Hi Tomas C. Thank you for your question in regards to the cancellation. Please be advised you have the option of cancelling over the phone by calling 1300 10 1234, over webchat on our website, or you can email us at customerservice@woolworthsinsurance.com.au; We apologise for the inconvenience you had experienced with a longer than usual hold time and we will certainly pass this feedback on. Our call centres are all Australian based and are open between 8am-8pm Monday to Friday and 9am-5pm Saturday and Sunday.

Ash S.

Ash S.asked

Woolworths Car Insurance

If a P plater drives my car once in a blue moon, am I covered when they drive. I have Woolworths comprehensive.

Sharma jim
Sharma jim

Should be good mate might be excess fee little more expensive

Kayla B.
Kayla B.

I was charged 1000 extra fee for going over I am now fighting it as I was not in the wrong with the incedent

Ryan A.Woolworths Car Insurance

Hi Ash, Thank you for your question about our coverage for provisional license holders, please be advised that if you have opted to exclude drivers Under 25 then there will be no coverage. If you have not opted for that then this will depend on if you have listed them as a driver or not, If they are not listed then you may be subject to additional $800 excesses that would not be added if the driver is listed. If you have any further queries feel free to contact us on 1300 10 1234.

Roger Dryburgh

Roger Dryburghasked

Woolworths Car Insurance

Interested in the low mileage comprehensive cover

Zoe H.Woolworths Car Insurance

Hi Roger, Our low Mileage option is a great option when you don't drive many kilometres as you only pay for the kilometres you drive if you would like any further information about this please to call us on 1300 10 1234.

Sharlene

Sharleneasked

Woolworths Car Insurance

wow not one good review in a year . thanks i will pay the extra and stay with AAMI

Zoe H.Woolworths Car Insurance

Hi Sharlene, I can see how this may be concerning to you. Everyone has different experiences based on their situation. You are more than welcome to contact Woolworths Insurance on 1300 10 1234 and speak with a customer service representative and they can answer any questions you may have.

Ross

Rossasked

Woolworths Car Insurance

I was going to switch to Woolworths Insurance but these reviews really concern me - someone please tell me they are OK ?

Zoe H.Woolworths Car Insurance

Hi Ross, I understand how these reviews may concern you, I guess everyone's experiences with Woolworths Insurance is different as it depends on their situation. We pride ourselves in displaying our core values, we do the right thing, we listen and learn and we care deeply on every interaction we have with every customer and try and provide the best customer service we possibly can. If you still have any doubt you are welcome to give us a call on 1300 10 1234 to speak with a customer service representative and they can help you with any enquiries or questions you may have.

Deb R.
Deb R.

Don't insure with them

sandy

sandyasked

Woolworths Car Insurance

I hope i dont regret moving from APIA to Woolworths car insurance as i rang to say they had my name down without my middle name which is Anne they sent me paper work with my middle name N so again i rang to tell them and i waited it seems over half hour and am now waiting for more paper work with hopefully the correct name. Thank you Sandra Anne Caines.

Sam

Good luck. If I had to do it all over again I’d go elsewhere. Worst customer service I’ve ever encountered anywhere

Zoe H.Woolworths Car Insurance

Hi Sandy, Thank you for bringing this to our attention, I can imagine how frustrating this would have been to experience, and I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. I would like to look into this further to make sure your middle name has now been updated successfully on your policy, so I do require some more information to be able to look into this further. If you can please let us know your preferred contact number, state, and policy number in a Private Message so that we can follow this up with you. Thank you.

Billy Z.

Billy Z.asked

Woolworths Car Insurance

U have refused my fathers written off vehicle claim and now the vehicle is being returned does the vehicle stay a write off on revs or is he able to repair the vehicle and seriously someone has to report ur company to ACA

sad
sad

I would say find a geniune insurance pay the little extra

Mick M.
Mick M.

Should have known they are liars they claim to be the fresh food people as well with there grocery stores and they are not even close with that I will never support Woolworths in any way again and I know a lot of people doing the same thing
Also read the product disclosure witch no one does I am 99% sure it had in there about canciling your insurance at their own desgression

Customer Service R.Woolworths Car Insurance

Hello Billy, Can you please confirm your policy number/claim number and contact number. So we can get an updated on your ongoing claim

CraigSteven

CraigStevenasked

Woolworths Car Insurance

I have the hire car option that says 20 or 21 days. That has ran out today and I called to ask to have extended. That section wasn't open so I went through to new claims to ask what to do. They advised they don't have access to existing claims and said I could return the car and call back tomorrow or not return it but they cannot confirm the extra charges would be paid for.

I returned the car to avoid any issues. I am wondering since the car is going to be another week or two according to the repairer will they extend the hire car?

Thanks for your replies in advance

Craig

Cass A.Woolworths Car Insurance

Hi Craig, we apologise for the delayed response. In regards to your question above, please be advised you will need to contact our existing claims department to discuss the hire car cover time frame. Please contact us on 1300 10 12 34. We look forward to assisting you further.

Greg

Gregasked

Woolworths Car Insurance

I would like to know who I can contact to go further with complaints. I am still waiting on two seperate refunds after a claim was done Incorrectly! I was told 3-5 business days. It is now onto its 10th! Business day. I’ve made a formal complaint with your claims manager LIAM, but am still to hear anything. After reading the amount of reviews on here thouroughly I see this isn’t just one really bad experience I have gone through... it seems to be the norm and common practice with your insurance company. I feel that this sort of treatment should be made public to the media such as a current affair so people like myself who are trying to do everything right during a terrible experience aren’t going through this sort of drama which has taken emotional toll!!

Uche
Uche

This company is horrible, looks like fraud.... Am closing all policy with them, this is 3 weeks and 4 days am yet to receive a payout.

Ryan A.Woolworths Car Insurance

Dear Greg, Thank you for the question and its upsetting to hear of your experience with our claims department and the communication that has occurred. Please contact one of our agents on 1300 10 1234 and ask to speak to a resolutions member and they will assist you with your situation.

Sam

Don't bother " contacting one of our agents on 1300 10 1234 " as I've been waiting on that number for 35 minutes now. "One of our team members will be right with you" is a fraud after this length of time. I put in a claim (no fault) on my part) on Dec 4th- now April when I finally get a response. Insurance may be cheaper but you get what you pay for- my next step is a complaint to the regulator which works- as it did last time with NRMA.

alansaintersasked

Woolworths Car Insurance

What is your policy on severe hail damage, do you repair or write off vehicle. My car is 18 months old.

Didmc
Didmc

Sorry, no idea. I never had a claim. I cancelled because I got a better deal elsewhere. They just have not yet given me my refund 15 days down the track.

nook65
nook65

G'day mate, I think that if every bolt on panel needs repair (the roof is not bolt on as are the 1/4 panels) has a bit of damage the car will have to be resprayed which would make it a financial write off, hence my answer is yes. But if it is only minor damage to 1 side of the car then I think it would be repaired. Hope this helps.
Ed.

alansainters

Thank you for your answer. Very helpful thanks.

Renèe K.asked

Woolworths Car Insurance

Looking at car insurance with Woolworths, just wondering if comprehensive or drive less pay less is the better option.

Matt
Matt

Hi
I have used only there travel insurance twice but when I had to get a claim for my second tour, I found they are very bad. They have not yet paid me. Iris over two years now. Please try some other company

Renèe K.

Sorry but I need a review on there car insurance not travel insurance, thanks for your response though Matt

Si Fei H.Woolworths Car Insurance

Hi Renee, thank you for your question. In regards to your question, our drive less pay less option offers the same level cover as a comprehensive policy. The difference is, if you drive less than the average Australian, you can receive significant premium savings if you stick to the amount of kilometres you select. Please be advised you can contact us at anytime in your policy to purchase extra kilometres or even change to a standard unlimited comprehensive policy. If you wish to discuss further, please give us a call on 1300 10 1234 or alternatively email us at customerservice@woolworthsinsurance.com.au.

Billy Z.

Billy Z.asked

Woolworths Car Insurance

Why do u treat people like criminals my father was involved in a car accident his car was written off he was fully insured with ur company it has been months on and u have put him through hell asking for his telephone records my mothers telephone records questions that make them feel like they are liars or criminals by far u are the worst insurance company I know of I would not recommend u to anyone who asks me and is thinking of insuring with woolworths car insurance u don’t treat ur customers nicely u should really be more polite and understanding not to treat ur customers like they are criminals

JJm

JJmasked

Woolworths Car Insurance

Hi im just wondering if my car is damaged due to hail and is written off ,will they offer me a buy back price on the car with rego retained as it would only be a repairable write off

Cass A.Woolworths Car Insurance

Hi JJm, Thank you for your question and we apologise for our delayed response. Please be advised all claims will be determined at the discretion of our claims department. Please feel free to contact our claims department on 1300 10 1234.

Get an answer from our members and Woolworths Car Insurance representatives