KiKi

Wait too long to repair my car

Insurance TypeComprehensive and Compulsory Third Party
Claim DateAugust 2019
KiKi

Sounds good. I will try and let you know

Lunchdearboy

LunchdearboySouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Terrible customer service

I rang about my policy and waited 30 mins to speak to the CSR who then transferred me to another team to discuss the policy and i was on the phone for 50 mins and still no answer very poor service i have now rung 4 times and today I got through hooray but they could not help me as from one year to the next my insured value has been dropped by 34% and the premium up by 10% am looking around to find another insurer
Very Disappointed Peter

Lynnie

Lynnie

Woolworths are customer focused

I currently have 9 policies with WW. 4 houses, 4 cars, one contents. This is my 3rd year and eventually moved them all over. I have read the PDS and its very comprehensive and similar to other insurers. I currently work and sell insurance but can not compete in the pricing, even with a staff discount.

Car ModelHolden Barina

paulhowrah tasmania

Best price.

I checked 4 insurers & WW were cheapest next to Aus. Seniors, who I now find rate much better, despite both using Hollard Insurance underwriting. Check with both as they have great policies, particularly if you drive low distances per year, however, they DO NOT have protected N.C.B.

Car ModelInfiniti QX70 GT 6 Cylinder 3.7L, Petrol
paul

Disappointed you do not have a "protected" NCB like most insurers, to reward my long term driving record. Will stick with you if you do next year.

Notatfault

NotatfaultSydney, NSW

You get what you pay for

The call centre staff are not consistent. Ring 3 times, speak to 3 staff members and get 3 different answers. Management need to implement better training to ensure customers only need to call once

Car ModelMazda 3

Terry Gibbs

Terry Gibbs

Can't fault it.

I have nothing but praise for Woolworth's Insurance the way all was handled, & the quickness of
settlement.
There was no problem with the staff, who were very professional each, & every way.

Deidre Thompson

Deidre ThompsonSouth East Queensland, QLD

FANTASTIC SERVICE

I was involved in an accident as I was not at fault but the at fault driver had insurance through racq. Woolworths could not do enough to help I spoke to an Australian lady who put my claim through waived my excess as I was not at fault I have had my car assessed and booked in within 4 days they are the best. Very understanding very happy with Woolworths insurance once again thank u Woolworths for the peace of mind and awesome service.

Car ModelHolden Commodore VE
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateAugust 2019
Richard P.Woolworths Car Insurance

Great service best we have had

We found it easy to apply on line and value for money and cheaper than the rest.the online help was very helpfull and their knowledge was outstanding,and pleased by response time

Lisa

LisaSydney, NSW

Unable to cancel policy

If you need to speak to a customer representative you will not get through. This is a tactic so you are unable to cancel your policy or make a claim. They have outsourced all their staff to India to cut costs. And by making you wait on hold until you hang up is another tactic of theirs.

Bronwyn

BronwynGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Don’t Insure with Woolworths- they don’t deal with Claims directly and my experience has been drawn out and frustrating

My claim took over 6 months to get repairs done and now I’m chasing them for refund of excess!! They demanded I pay excess even though they had details of company who accidentally damaged my property

Car ModelMazda Tribute
Customer Service R.Woolworths Car Insurance

Woolworths Insurance avoid they are disgusting to customers!!!

I have sent over 25 emails multiple phone calls all on hold for over 30 minutes!!! I have been trying to cancel my DECEASED DAD'S car insurance with this disgusting company for over 2 months have sent all the relevant information they require to refund the $639 they took from his account unlawfully as I told them i would never deal with a crap company like Woolworths insurance AGAIN!!! I don't think my Dad's estate will ever see the $639... DISGUSTING!!! I'll be reporting them to Consumer Affairs ACCC and Fair Trading!!! disgusting company run by moron foreigners that cant even speak english let alone deal with any issues !!!! They just take your money and don't deliver !!!!

Car ModelSubaru Forester
QldC
QldC

Kamal D.

Kamal D.Richmond-Tweed, NSW

Terrible accessor and repair shops

Very bad accessor and recommend repair shop. You should never send your client to lustre glo shop in marrickville. Very wrong attitude. If they can not fix your car then they will blame wear and tear what a joke

Spud

Spud

Avoid like the plague - terrible service, zero communication

Claim MadeYes
Claimant is the policy holder No
Claim ApprovedNo

Bemish

BemishSouth East Queensland, QLD

So thankful for Woolworths Insurance

Thanks to the claims team and the accessor who sorted my problem with my original repairer.
My car was then promptly taken to one of Woolworths repairers for a great result.

Insurance TypeCompulsory Third Party
Car ModelToyota Corolla
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateJune 2019

Hi Bemish,

Thank you so much for your review, we are delighted to know that your interaction with our claims team was so positive and that you experienced great customer service experience. Once again thank you for your review.

Sam

Sam

Woolworths Car Insurance

I'm revising my review which was negative because Woolworths have now agreed to proceed in the way I expected.
It is only fair to keep any potential customers apprised to recent developments.
# I should point out the Woolworths repairer did an excellent job on body repairs.
I shall update as it happens but so far my experience has now been much better.
# I still say however" Woolworths needs to get their telephone reception organised. It's not the best.

Insurance TypeComprehensive and Compulsory Third Party
Claim DateDecember 2018
Damo

DamoGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

One of the worst experiences

- On three separate occasions took more than ONE HOUR to get through to an available agent.
- If all the 'operators' are busy how about HIRING A FEW MORE? Not rocket science is it?
- Claim took several months to resolve with little to no regular updates on progress.
- Would recommend considering other Companies unless you love listening to banal repetitive muzak

Peard Family

Peard FamilySouth East Queensland, QLD

Good car insurance at low prices

We have used Woolworths Insurance for a few years now with no problems at all. Recently have had to use the roadside assistance and they have been very helpful. Assistance have rang us and we've been seen to within the hour. Any issues we have had with them have been resolved. Even given gift cards if we come to them with cheaper insurance quotes or even just saying we will look else.

Car ModelMitsubishi Outlander PHEV ZJ
Claim Resolution Time<1 week

Laura

LauraGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Absolutely appalling customer service

I signed up with Woolworths 12 months ago & upon my renewal my policy had gone up significantly from the previous year. I decided to shop it around and found Coles car insurance over $280 cheaper so decided to change over to Coles. Since then I have made multiple attempts to cancel my automatic renewal with Woolworths. On my first attempt the phone was cut off after 40 minutes on hold. On my second attempt I have currently been on hold for 1 hour & 42 mintues & counting. I have attempted to contact Woolworths via their social media pages too but no reply as yet. Absolutely appalling customer service. I would not recommended Woolworths, it's like signing a contract you can't escape from.

Car ModelHonda crv
Zoe H.Woolworths Car Insurance

People Interaction was SPOT ON.

Problems with online claim forgotten as all following interaction with staff ( Claim officer, damage assessor and finally TL Claim/ settlement officer) was EXCELLENT.
All staff I had contact with were courteous, helpful and very Professional leading to prompt and painless resolution of my claim.

Amazing

Recently I had an accident and have been going through a distressing time. The wonderful staff at woolies insurance where fast in their response and so kind and understanding. Cannot thank them enough.

Car ModelJeep
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks

Ndumi G.

Ndumi G.asked

How do I get a quote?

Danni J.

Danni J.asked

hi i have a question about claim procedure.i hope a could speak to a good representative.please help

Margaret

Margaretasked

If you have an accident, can you select the repairer?

paul

You can read their policy online or they will tell you if you phone.In their booklet they say they will guarantee everything if repairs are done by a repairer appointed OR approved by us.[for as long as you own the car.] There is NO protected NCB.

Dear Margaret,

Thank you for the question, the answer provided by Paul is correct. You have the option of obtaining a quote from your preferred repairer however it will need to be approved by our claims department before any repairs can be completed, please let us know if you have any other questions that you need assistance with, we will be more than happy to answer them. Alternatively, you can contact our friendly sales team on 1300 10 1234 and they will be able to answer any question you may have.

Get an answer from our members and Woolworths Car Insurance representatives

Woolworths Third Party Property Damage Car Insurance

No reviews
Woolworths Comprehensive Car Insurance

Woolworths Comprehensive Car Insurance

CategoryRoadside Assistance and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance and Car Insurance
Online Live Chat YesYesYes
Other Insurance Types Offered Funeral, Home and Contents, Landlord, Life, Pet and TravelFuneral, Home and Contents, Landlord, Life, Pet and TravelFuneral, Home and Contents, Landlord, Life, Pet and Travel
Coverage TypeThird Party, Fire and TheftThird Party Property DamageComprehensive
UnderwriterHollardHollardHollard
Legal Liability Cover Included up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 million
Roadside AssistanceOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional Extra
Reduced or Zero Excess Windscreen CoverZero Excess Optional ExtraNot OfferedZero Excess Optional Extra
Choice of RepairerNot AllowedNot AllowedNot Allowed
After Accident Care
Towing Costs IncludedNot IncludedIncluded
Hire Car after a No Fault Accident

Hire Car after an Incident

Essential / Emergency RepairsIncluded up to $500Not IncludedIncluded up to $500
Emergency Transport & AccommodationUp to $500 if you are more than 200kms from home and your car cannot be driven.Not IncludedUp to $500 if you are more than 200kms from home and your car cannot be driven.
Benefits
Hire Car after Theft

Child Safety Seats and PramsIncluded up to $500Not IncludedIncluded up to $500
Lock and Key ReplacementIncluded up to $1,000Not IncludedIncluded up to $1,000
New-for-old Car Replacement

Not Included

Must be within 24 months of first registration, and you are the first registered owner.

Pay As You Drive / Fixed Kilometre DiscountNot OfferedNot OfferedOptional
Personal Property CoverIncluded up to $500Not IncludedIncluded up to $500
Trailer & Caravan CoverIncluded up to $1,000Not IncludedIncluded up to $1,000
Transit Cover IncludedNot IncludedIncluded
Uninsured Motorist Benefit Included up to $3,000Included up to $3,000Not Applicable
Accidental Loss or Damage