See the Best Car Insurance in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Woolworths Car Insurance

• 1-2 weeks (1)
    • 2-4 weeks (3)
    • 1-2 months (1)
    • 3+ months (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (8) · No (2)

Misleading information when try to get you on board

I specifically asked if road assistance would be included in my insurance, more than once. They customer service confirmed it woulbd be included. The reality is you have to buy separately. Until today when my battery was dead and need road service and 3 years with woolworths, I've been told I'm not covered. Well, they lied to me and try to lure me to be a new customer. So disappointing

Nick H.Woolworths Car Insurance
SJF
SJFSydney, NSW

Don't do it!!!!

Amanda P.Woolworths Car Insurance

Other Car Insurance

Rude staff and slow service

Edryl F.Woolworths Car Insurance
Pete
PeteHobart, TAS

Bewildered

Got my renewal and it as gone up quite a lot, so I got on to compare the market and filled in the question and low and behold Woolworths came back at $200 cheaper than my renewal
So I emailed your customer service questioning the renewal and was given this long email that the renewal was correct.
So how can compare the market be $200 cheaper so I double checked the info I gave them and yes it was correct
Tried calling Woolworths but no one answered after 1/2 hour, very frustrating

Regards

Pete

Amanda P.Woolworths Car Insurance

Great until you claim

Poor claim experience. Promised call backs never happen, staff unhelpful/unempathetic. Had to chase for my hire car. Taxi costs to and from repairs denied. Out of pocket. Damaging woolworths brand.

Elisabeth L.Woolworths Car Insurance
Dre
DreGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Long Wait Times & Sign Up Issues

Zubair W.Woolworths Car Insurance
Jay
JayVIC, 3147

They increase the renew fee for double

The insurance fee was cheap for the 1st year but they asked for auto renew and the 2nd year renew fee is double.
Think about it the car value is down after 1 year but the insurance fee is double.
For 1 year insured no claim, I got double insurance fee, is it reasonable?

Elisabeth L.Woolworths Car Insurance

Avleen M.1 June 2020
we-compared-reviews-on-the-top-5-most-popular-car-insurance-providers
Saveta B.
Saveta B.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

My premium Doubled in just 3 years.

In having Woolworth car insurance for the past 3 years my comprehensive car insurance premium increased by 100%. I have never had to make a claim in my whole driving time aged 36 and in 2019 made a no fault claim (because the young guy driving had himself No insurance), so Woolworth assure me that I don't have to pay a thing. I ask the question will this effect my premium, they tell me no you have never made a claim your premium will not be effected, well come renewal time in December 2019 for a 2011 standard Toyota Corolla they are seeking $1,096.76. Amazing.
Woolworths you have just lost my trust and WILL NOT be insuring with you.

Michael S.
Michael S.South East Queensland, QLD

Terrible communication

Darren Becker

Do NOT use their preferred repairers

Preferred repairers look after the insurance company, so will do the cheapest job to repair the car.
My car was repaired very poorly and 14 months after the accident I am being paid out because of the faulty repairs. There was a lot of phone calls, disagreements and heartache.

Zoe H.Woolworths Car Insurance

Why do you say 4 weeks?

It was 14 MONTHS.

Jess
Jess

Not good value

Picked them because they were cheaper than my previous insurance, but they just put there prices up so I will go back to my previous insurer. Also when I unfortunately had to make a claim it was obvious they were trying to find any excuse not pay.

Greg Knox
Greg KnoxSydney, NSW

Far too long to complete claim

not good value excess too high, took weeks to complete the claim.
Have been with insurance company about 3 years.
Used roadside assistance which was just a battery company and wife paid premium price for replacement battery, not cool.

No Rewards Points received on Comprehensive Car Insurance

When I purchased Comprehensive Car Insurance in December 2018, I provided my Woolworths rewards card number and was told the bonus points that were linked to the purchase would be added to my card within 40 days. It has been double that time frame and still no points. I have made three phone calls asking about the missing points and received the same response each time: the points will be added to your card in the next week. I noticed the same issue raised by another reviewer. It's poor customer service to have to repeatedly contact the company to have such a simple matter rectified.

Insurance TypeComprehensive
Maggie

A successful outcome was achieved one month after my first published review. After contacting the company on two additional occasions, the 20,000 bonus points were added to my Woolworths Rewards Card.

Zubair W.Woolworths Car Insurance

Dear Maggie, thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that you have not received your rewards points for your policy. Please private message us your policy number, full name and contact number so we can investigate further. Thank You.

Grant Ramsay
Grant RamsayRichmond-Tweed, NSW

‘Basic cover’

Have used these guys for over 5 years now. First of all I’d like to say their phone manner is fantastic but secondly I’d like to share my experience. The first time I went to make a claim they informed me that my road side assistance only covered towing close to a city. Towing ended up costing me a fortune! The second time (most recently) I went to make a claim on my extra glass insurance and was told they don’t cover rear glass (most insurance companies do) if choosing this company please read the fine print and realise you are getting ‘basic cover’

WW Customer ServiceWoolworths Car Insurance

Hi Grant Ramsay, thank you for review. Your feedback has been forwarded to our management team to help improve our processes.

PhilipGoldfields, WA

Never ending failure to respond or follow thru

Car was declared a total loss in December , Claim no 906905 , Have sent 2 or 3 payout letters from financier thru now , payout is only good for 5 days , they fail to react and date goes by , near 3 months has gone by now and yes I am still making payments on a car I dont have , they were quick to take the car- de-licence it and on sell it but I cant get enough action or response to get this finished, I have even asked if some one can respond so I am clear some one is reading these emails -- result , no response, claim still ongoing today 5-03-19 ---------

Shane G.asked
Comprehensive Car Insurance

How long between determining a rite-off and recieving a pay out

Moe S.
Moe S.

4-5 months ar least

The Reviewer

Do you mean write-off and receiving ?

Natalia J.
Natalia J.asked
Woolworths Car Insurance

If you don't have the car insurance access money upfront what happens? Can you pay it off?

The Reviewer

Why not simply ask them directly

Paul LWasked
Woolworths Car Insurance

I switched from AAMI who dont allow choice of repairer
Do Woolworths Insurance allow my choice of repairer?

Edryl F.Woolworths Car Insurance

Our policies do not offer a choice of repairer. An appropriate qualified repairer appointed or approved by us will do the repairs.

The Reviewer

The answer is already covered in their policy and listed on this page

Not helpful Reviewer R. Woolworths Car Insurance replied 2 weeks ago

See all Woolworths Car Insurance questions

Get an answer from our members and Woolworths Car Insurance representatives

Woolworths Car Insurance

Woolworths, underwritten by the Hollard Insurance Company, sells three car insurance policies: Comprehensive, Third Party Property Damage Only and Third Party Fire and Theft.

Points of praise for Woolworths Car Insurance

Reviewers noted that Woolworths' policies were easy to set up, with polite customer service. Another point worthy of mention is that reviewers observed their claims were resolved quickly and easily, with minimal delays when it came to Woolworths responding to claims.

As one reviewer put it, ‘I say thank you Woolworths for your prompt service, and the speed you operate at.’

Pain points with Woolworths Car Insurance

Unfortunately, the higher number of 1-star reviews agreed that while they experienced polite service at the start of the claims journey or when signing up, they encountered less friendly and helpful service when processing claims in Woolworths' call centre post-claim lodgement. Generally more evasive customer service was cited, including being put on hold for an extended period of time.

Reviewers also mentioned that while Woolworths offered cheap premiums initially, there were steep price increases in consecutive years. Another pain point involved frustration with Woolworths’ exclusive car repair centres. The nature of these frustrations involved smash repairers being too far away from people’s homes to be convenient, or that drivers were left waiting for months for their cars to be ready for pick-up.

Compare all 3 Woolworths Car Insurance
CategoryRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Funeral, Home and Contents, Landlord, Life, Pet and TravelFuneral, Home and Contents, Landlord, Life, Pet and TravelFuneral, Home and Contents, Landlord, Life, Pet and Travel
Coverage TypeComprehensiveThird Party Property DamageThird Party, Fire and Theft
UnderwriterHollardHollardHollard
Legal Liability Cover Included up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 million
Roadside Assistance Optional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional Extra
Reduced or Zero Excess Windscreen CoverZero Excess Optional ExtraNot OfferedZero Excess Optional Extra
Choice of RepairerNot AllowedNot AllowedNot Allowed
After Accident Care
Hire Car after an Incident

Optional Extra for up to $50 per day for up to 14 days.

Emergency Transport & AccommodationUp to $500 if you are more than 200kms from home and your car cannot be driven.Not IncludedUp to $500 if you are more than 200kms from home and your car cannot be driven.
Towing Costs IncludedNot IncludedIncluded
Hire Car after a No Fault Accident

Essential / Emergency RepairsIncluded up to $500Not IncludedIncluded up to $500
Benefits
Pay As You Drive / Fixed Kilometre DiscountOptionalNot OfferedNot Offered
Hire Car after Theft

Lock and Key ReplacementIncluded up to $1,000Not IncludedIncluded up to $1,000
Transit Cover IncludedNot IncludedIncluded
Trailer & Caravan CoverIncluded up to $1,000Not IncludedIncluded up to $1,000
Child Safety Seats and PramsIncluded up to $500Not IncludedIncluded up to $500
New-for-old Car Replacement

Must be within 24 months of first registration, and you are the first registered owner.

Personal Property CoverIncluded up to $500Not IncludedIncluded up to $500
Uninsured Motorist Benefit Not ApplicableIncluded up to $3,000Included up to $3,000
Accidental Loss or Damage