See the Best Car Insurance in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Woolworths Car Insurance

• 1-2 weeks (3)
    • 2-4 weeks (19)
    • 1-2 months (6)
    • 3+ months (2)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (28) · No (1)
Sarah T.Mid North Coast, NSW

Worst insurance claim experience of my life

Nick H.Woolworths Car Insurance
Sarah T.

I will send you a private message but I have complained multiple times this week and no one at your company seems to pay it any mind.

thelamchop
thelamchopGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Unnecessary withdrawal from my account

I recently cancelled a renewal with them for my car insurance. However, they still made a withdrawal from my CC for the renewal even though I cancelled the policy 2 days prior.

pecasita
pecasita

I wasted more than one hour of my life to establish the car insuranced

Edryl F.Woolworths Car Insurance
CATHY
CATHYGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good service and good value but can be improved in someway

Good in general and good value. Quick respond and friendly service. But should be able to do most of process online and less of human handling like other big leading insurers. [name removed] handling via phone is not the modem way to conduct this sort of process for this digital age.

Amanda P.Woolworths Car Insurance

Hi CATHY, we are so pleased to hear you're okay and we were able to help you in a time of need. We'd like to take the time to thank you once again for choosing Woolworths Insurance and sharing your feedback. Stay safe and wishing you all the best.

Brayden S.
Brayden S.Central Queensland, QLD

Claim Processed reasonably fast but my request was ignored

My vehicle was deemed uneconomic to repair. I was advised that it was going to be listed as a repairable write off and I was going to be paid out on my policy. The vehicle in question had a deep sentimental value to me. I offered to buy the vehicle back for a fair price but was told this wasn’t possible and I would have to purchase the e vehicle through an auction. Otherwise reasonably happy with communication and service provided

Easy process thanks Gerrad

Good value, a little slow, but thorough. They recommended the repairer who did a surprisingly great job. And i am fastidious! Over the phone, staff were overly helpful.

Amanda P.Woolworths Car Insurance

Hi Geoff, we are so pleased to hear you're okay and we were able to help you in a time of need. We'd like to take the time to thank you once again for choosing Woolworths Insurance and sharing your feedback. Stay safe and wishing you all the best.

Raymond
RaymondNorth Western Region, NSW

took too long to process claim

The policy is value for money, but slow to pay. The claim weas paid 3 weeks after the vehicle was written off it was moved 128km away, but they did agree to an additional payment due to the circumstances. Please remember to add additional value for items added to the vehicle, especially if it is agreed value.

Super Funds Awards 2020!

we-compared-reviews-on-the-top-5-most-popular-car-insurance-providers
Not
NotGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

This is good

For car insurance I hand not experienced any thing like claim etc but it seems to me your service was good. I hope it would be even better. I only have been with the car insurance only couple of months. Your charge is not expensive.

Sharon G.Woolworths Car Insurance

Hi Not, thanks for sharing this message with us. We are glad to hear we have provided great Customer Service. If we can be of any assistance in the future, please let us know and we will be more than happy to help.

lester3944
lester3944Australian Capital Territory

OK first year, went downhill from there

Rusty
RustyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Got Dudded

Switched over car and house to woolies..Website incentive was $125 gift card ... They said can't do it .. even rang for help to complete the deal .. They declined the gift card after asking for it twice ..even though I qualified .. Happy with price of insurance ...

Elisabeth L.Woolworths Car Insurance
GezzaSydney, NSW

Demand your own repairer

Gezza

It's ok Zubair. The second repairer did a great job and I am still with Woolworths Insurance. The learning curve for your company perhaps is that the big repairers, who maybe quote a little cheaper, are too busy.

Bob A
Bob A

impressed with claim as this is first claim getting policy was a dream and not a pain like a lot of insurers

policy easy to set up
claim 4-5 weeks for settlement , money took a long time after car was w/o and needed to ring and onhold for 53 minutes to speak ( shocking long time and big let down ,told money 5-7 days it was double and only after phone call. understand large number claims in ACT at same time.
Fix phones and you are agreat insurer ( in past managed big insurance company so I know what is a good company )
you have agood selection of staff ( based on those I spoke to )

poss A.
poss A.Hunter Region, NSW

I like how you can pay in monthly installments makes it easier for me rather than having to pay 6 or 12 months lump sum

This is the first claim I've made ever so I don't have anything to compare it to however it took almost 2 months to settle probably due to my still being under finance and working a final payout figure

Zubair W.Woolworths Car Insurance

Hi poss, thank you for the review. We are glad to hear of your positive experience with our payment options. We do apologise for the delay in processing your claim but are happy to hear this has now been settled. Thank you.

Kylie
KylieCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Competitive priced insurance, easy monthly installments

Easy to set up and monthly installments made it easy to pay. Unfortunately had to make a claim which took them 2 weeks to sort out the location of the car even after giving them the exact location and contact details. After this it took another 10 days to finalise and pay my claim. If you need to claim prepare to be without a car for at least 3 weeks at your own expense.

Zubair W.Woolworths Car Insurance

Hi Kylie, thank you for the review. We are glad to hear of your positive experience with our payment options. We do apologise for the delay in processing your claim but are happy to hear this has now been settled. Thank you.

Peter L.
Peter L.Brisbane

As good as it gets!

Best value Comprehensive MV Insurance Policy out there IMO. Claim was handled talking to a live person and she was helpful, a good listener and excellent to deal with.
The claim took about 12 days to process (I was not at fault) and they allowed me a choice of repairer (which I needed to remind them of) because they might otherwise have chosen a lesser repairer (Mercedes Benz metallic colours are hard to match) and I wanted a good job done.
Overall, extremely happy!

Woolworths Car Insurance

I can not believe that Woolworths have increased my car policy from third party to comprehensive without even telling me. This means they deducted an extra $300 without telling me. I can not believe this is even legal in Australia. And now nobody answers their so called customer service number to discuss this theft.

Hugh
Hughasked
Woolworths Car Insurance

How to cancel my motor insurance policy

Yousefasked
Woolworths Car Insurance

Has anyone started their online journey on compare the market and then went thru to woolies and informations was changed ? Also do you know if they upgrade their online system ? Example change of questions?

Nick H.Woolworths Car Insurance

Hi Yousef,

Thank you for your query.

When quoting for a Woolworths Insurance Policy via Compare the Market; you may notice some areas of difference to the Woolworths Insurance website, such as different qualifying questions.

Before finalising a quote with us, you will notice that we ask detailed questions regarding the sum insured, excess, drivers, driver history, claims history etc.

These additional details, as well as the selections you make. may increase or decrease the originally quoted premium, (All quotes are indicative and subject to change)

If you would like to discuss the quote process further, please contact 1300 10 1234 and our friendly team would be happy to assist.

Kind regards,
Nick
​Customer Resolution Specialist
Woolworths Insurance

Yousef

I can’t discuss anything with dishonest people who continue to tell lies

See all Woolworths Car Insurance questions

Get an answer from our members and Woolworths Car Insurance representatives

Woolworths Car Insurance

Woolworths, underwritten by the Hollard Insurance Company, sells three car insurance policies: Comprehensive, Third Party Property Damage Only and Third Party Fire and Theft.

Points of praise for Woolworths Car Insurance

Reviewers noted that Woolworths' policies were easy to set up, with polite customer service. Another point worthy of mention is that reviewers observed their claims were resolved quickly and easily, with minimal delays when it came to Woolworths responding to claims.

As one reviewer put it, ‘I say thank you Woolworths for your prompt service, and the speed you operate at.’

Pain points with Woolworths Car Insurance

Unfortunately, the higher number of 1-star reviews agreed that while they experienced polite service at the start of the claims journey or when signing up, they encountered less friendly and helpful service when processing claims in Woolworths' call centre post-claim lodgement. Generally more evasive customer service was cited, including being put on hold for an extended period of time.

Reviewers also mentioned that while Woolworths offered cheap premiums initially, there were steep price increases in consecutive years. Another pain point involved frustration with Woolworths’ exclusive car repair centres. The nature of these frustrations involved smash repairers being too far away from people’s homes to be convenient, or that drivers were left waiting for months for their cars to be ready for pick-up.

Compare all 3 Woolworths Car Insurance
CategoryRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Funeral, Home and Contents, Landlord, Life, Pet and TravelFuneral, Home and Contents, Landlord, Life, Pet and TravelFuneral, Home and Contents, Landlord, Life, Pet and Travel
Coverage TypeComprehensiveThird Party Property DamageThird Party, Fire and Theft
UnderwriterHollardHollardHollard
Legal Liability Cover Included up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 million
Roadside Assistance Optional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional Extra
Reduced or Zero Excess Windscreen CoverZero Excess Optional ExtraNot OfferedZero Excess Optional Extra
Choice of RepairerNot AllowedNot AllowedNot Allowed
After Accident Care
Hire Car after an Incident

Optional Extra for up to $50 per day for up to 14 days.

Emergency Transport & AccommodationUp to $500 if you are more than 200kms from home and your car cannot be driven.Not IncludedUp to $500 if you are more than 200kms from home and your car cannot be driven.
Towing Costs IncludedNot IncludedIncluded
Hire Car after a No Fault Accident

Essential / Emergency RepairsIncluded up to $500Not IncludedIncluded up to $500
Benefits
Pay As You Drive / Fixed Kilometre DiscountOptionalNot OfferedNot Offered
Hire Car after Theft

Lock and Key ReplacementIncluded up to $1,000Not IncludedIncluded up to $1,000
Transit Cover IncludedNot IncludedIncluded
Trailer & Caravan CoverIncluded up to $1,000Not IncludedIncluded up to $1,000
Child Safety Seats and PramsIncluded up to $500Not IncludedIncluded up to $500
New-for-old Car Replacement

Must be within 24 months of first registration, and you are the first registered owner.

Personal Property CoverIncluded up to $500Not IncludedIncluded up to $500
Uninsured Motorist Benefit Not ApplicableIncluded up to $3,000Included up to $3,000
Accidental Loss or Damage