See the Best Car Insurance in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Woolworths Car Insurance

• 1-2 weeks (14)
    • 2-4 weeks (25)
    • 1-2 months (4)
    • 3+ months (2)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (80) · No (0)

Josy
JosyPerth, WA

stuck at home with a flat battery

I am really impressed with every step from start to finish. I was spoken to politely and the questions were relevant. I was given a time frame and the technician showed up within the time frame, I was sent a text with an estimate of his actual arrival, he was really polite and he charged my battery, he told me what I need to do once charged and it was all completed within 10mins.

Nick H.Woolworths Car Insurance

Simple and painless claims process

As well as comprehensive insurance I also have the additional windscreen cover, so when a rock cracked my windscreen I made my first claim a couple of weeks ago.
I lodged the claim at 5.45 am and received an approval email at 6.30am.
By 10.30 on the same day my car was booked in to have the replacement fitted.
The whole process took me less than five minutes.
After the terrible reviews left on here, I was expecting drama, but it couldn't have been more painless.

Sarah T.Mid North Coast, NSW

Worst insurance claim experience of my life

Sarah T.

I will send you a private message but I have complained multiple times this week and no one at your company seems to pay it any mind.

Travel Bug
Travel BugMelbourne

My first claim. Fantastic service

I have been with Woolworths for 3 years now. Had to put in my first claim for vandalism to my car. Called up and was dealt with over the phone (local not an o/seas call center) with in minutes. Claim was processed quickly. Was told to take my car to a repairer over an hour away (as I live in country). I asked if I could use a local repairer and that was no hassle. Claim was approved within days, car was booked in for repair within 2 weeks. Friendly call center staff. Not one hick up throughout the whole process. Would not hesitate in recommending them to others.

Very happy

The policy is great value. Even without the 10% off once a month when purchasing at Woolworths supermarkets, the value is great. If I had a family at home, the 10% offwould constitute a great extra saving. Claim resolution was not a problem. Car was picked up a day of two after the accident and repairs began immediately. The repair work was faultless. We have been with the company for two years.

thelamchop
thelamchopGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Unnecessary withdrawal from my account

I recently cancelled a renewal with them for my car insurance. However, they still made a withdrawal from my CC for the renewal even though I cancelled the policy 2 days prior.

MarkMelbourne
MarkMelbourneGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

They helped me make a 'not at fault' claim easy

Woolies helped me with a 'not at fault' claim. I didn't have to pay an excess and they took care of all the dealings with the other insurer. My car was towed to my choice of repairer, and they claimed a taxi for me to go and pick it up. I didn't ask about a hire car, although the other insurer probably would have had to supply one. For 'value' insurance they exceeded my expectations and made the whole process easy.

Zoe H.Woolworths Car Insurance

we-compared-reviews-on-the-top-5-most-popular-car-insurance-providers
Lesley
LesleyHunter Region, NSW

Roadside assistance

I needed roadside assistance for the first time yesterday and was blown away by the whole experience. From the time I discovered my issue to completion was under an hour and a half, and we live in a regional area. Thumbs up Woolies!

Elisabeth L.Woolworths Car Insurance

Hi Lesley, we are so pleased we were able to help you in a time of need. Thank you for sharing your feedback and choosing Woolworths Insurance. Stay safe and wishing you all the best!

Dash
DashGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Drive less Pay less option is a really good option for us.

The policy is very good value in comparison to our previous insurer. The claim process is efficient and keeps you up to date with each stage. I have been with Woolworths insurance for two years and have just insured my wife's car with them. The extra benefit of 10% off a shop up to $500.00 each month is an unbeatable advantage.

Elisabeth L.Woolworths Car Insurance

Hi David T, thank you for sharing your review. One of our key objectives is that every customer has an enjoyable experience, every time and we are so glad to see this in your feedback. Thank you for choosing Woolworths Insurance.

Dissatisfied
Dissatisfied

Super smooth experience

My policy was excellent value-for-money and can be managed online, which makes things super convenient for me. When I've had to make a claim, it's been extremely fast and efficient. When I've had to communicate with staff, they are always courteous and efficient. The repairer proposed for my car was also very conveniently-located for me, so this was very suitable. Can't fault any stage of the claims process!

Elisabeth L.Woolworths Car Insurance

Hi Dissatisfied, we are so pleased we were able to help. We'd like to take the time to thank you for choosing Woolworths Insurance and sharing your feedback. Stay safe and wishing you all the best.

CATHY
CATHYGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good service and good value but can be improved in someway

Good in general and good value. Quick respond and friendly service. But should be able to do most of process online and less of human handling like other big leading insurers. [name removed] handling via phone is not the modem way to conduct this sort of process for this digital age.

Amanda P.Woolworths Car Insurance

Hi CATHY, we are so pleased to hear you're okay and we were able to help you in a time of need. We'd like to take the time to thank you once again for choosing Woolworths Insurance and sharing your feedback. Stay safe and wishing you all the best.

Brayden S.
Brayden S.Central Queensland, QLD

Claim Processed reasonably fast but my request was ignored

My vehicle was deemed uneconomic to repair. I was advised that it was going to be listed as a repairable write off and I was going to be paid out on my policy. The vehicle in question had a deep sentimental value to me. I offered to buy the vehicle back for a fair price but was told this wasn’t possible and I would have to purchase the e vehicle through an auction. Otherwise reasonably happy with communication and service provided

Sue M
Sue M

Fast and efficient

Very quick claims process and good result. Abby Bales helped us with the correct repairer. One week to approve the claim and 4 days to have the car repaired. The customer service people at Woolworths were very helpful. Absolutely no fuss at all. Would recommend.

Amanda P.Woolworths Car Insurance

Hi Sue M, we are so pleased to hear you're okay and we were able to help you in a time of need. We'd like to take the time to thank you once again for choosing Woolworths Insurance and sharing your feedback. Stay safe and wishing you all the best.

samdav7
samdav7Sydney, NSW

Great!

Convenient procedure, quick response, great customer service, friendly, helpful and professional.
Colin handled my claim in a friendly and professional manner (A+), I would recommend Woolworths insurance to my family and friends, thank you.

Amanda P.Woolworths Car Insurance

Hi samdav7, we are so pleased to hear you're okay and we were able to help you in a time of need. We'd like to take the time to thank you once again for choosing Woolworths Insurance and sharing your feedback. Stay safe and wishing you all the best.

Could not have asked for better result

Woolworth Insurance accepted my choice of manufacturer approved repairer to ensure my brand new car was restored to warranty and showroom condition. It was my second policy with Woolworths and my first claim. The premium was competitive and the outcome of the claim was far better than my only other experience 20 years earlier with a previous insurer. The approval process was perhaps a little longer because of my preference for a repairer not on their list, but it was worth the extra time. Recommended

Yousefasked
Woolworths Car Insurance

Has anyone started their online journey on compare the market and then went thru to woolies and informations was changed ? Also do you know if they upgrade their online system ? Example change of questions?

Hi Yousef,

Thank you for your query.

When quoting for a Woolworths Insurance Policy via Compare the Market; you may notice some areas of difference to the Woolworths Insurance website, such as different qualifying questions.

Before finalising a quote with us, you will notice that we ask detailed questions regarding the sum insured, excess, drivers, driver history, claims history etc.

These additional details, as well as the selections you make. may increase or decrease the originally quoted premium, (All quotes are indicative and subject to change)

If you would like to discuss the quote process further, please contact 1300 10 1234 and our friendly team would be happy to assist.

Kind regards,
Nick
​Customer Resolution Specialist
Woolworths Insurance

Yousef

I can’t discuss anything with dishonest people who continue to tell lies

JohnL
JohnLasked
Woolworths Car Insurance

Policy number. MOT112105464. I wish to cancel this policy effective 30/9/2021. The vehicle has been sold. What do I need to do?

Hi John,

Thank you for your question.

You are able to cancel your policy by following one of the below steps:

Get in touch with us via phone 1300 10 1234 or our Online Chat by using this link https://insurance.woolworths.com.au/contact-us.html

Email us at customerservice@woolworthsinsurance.com.au

Kind regards,

Nick
Customer Resolution Specialist
Woolworths Insurance

Shane G.asked
Comprehensive Car Insurance

How long between determining a rite-off and recieving a pay out

Moe S.
Moe S.

4-5 months ar least

The Reviewer
The Reviewer

Do you mean write-off and receiving ?

See all Woolworths Car Insurance questions

Get an answer from our members and Woolworths Car Insurance representatives

Woolworths Car Insurance

Woolworths, underwritten by the Hollard Insurance Company, sells three car insurance policies: Comprehensive, Third Party Property Damage Only and Third Party Fire and Theft.

Points of praise for Woolworths Car Insurance

Reviewers noted that Woolworths' policies were easy to set up, with polite customer service. Another point worthy of mention is that reviewers observed their claims were resolved quickly and easily, with minimal delays when it came to Woolworths responding to claims.

As one reviewer put it, ‘I say thank you Woolworths for your prompt service, and the speed you operate at.’

Pain points with Woolworths Car Insurance

Unfortunately, the higher number of 1-star reviews agreed that while they experienced polite service at the start of the claims journey or when signing up, they encountered less friendly and helpful service when processing claims in Woolworths' call centre post-claim lodgement. Generally more evasive customer service was cited, including being put on hold for an extended period of time.

Reviewers also mentioned that while Woolworths offered cheap premiums initially, there were steep price increases in consecutive years. Another pain point involved frustration with Woolworths’ exclusive car repair centres. The nature of these frustrations involved smash repairers being too far away from people’s homes to be convenient, or that drivers were left waiting for months for their cars to be ready for pick-up.

Compare all 3 Woolworths Car Insurance
CategoryRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Funeral, Home and Contents, Landlord, Life, Pet and TravelFuneral, Home and Contents, Landlord, Life, Pet and TravelFuneral, Home and Contents, Landlord, Life, Pet and Travel
Coverage TypeComprehensiveThird Party Property DamageThird Party, Fire and Theft
UnderwriterHollardHollardHollard
Legal Liability Cover Included up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 million
Roadside Assistance Optional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional Extra
Reduced or Zero Excess Windscreen CoverZero Excess Optional ExtraNot OfferedZero Excess Optional Extra
Choice of RepairerNot AllowedNot AllowedNot Allowed
After Accident Care
Hire Car after an Incident

Optional Extra for up to $50 per day for up to 14 days.

Emergency Transport & AccommodationUp to $500 if you are more than 200kms from home and your car cannot be driven.Not IncludedUp to $500 if you are more than 200kms from home and your car cannot be driven.
Towing Costs IncludedNot IncludedIncluded
Hire Car after a No Fault Accident

Essential / Emergency RepairsIncluded up to $500Not IncludedIncluded up to $500
Benefits
Pay As You Drive / Fixed Kilometre DiscountOptionalNot OfferedNot Offered
Hire Car after Theft

Lock and Key ReplacementIncluded up to $1,000Not IncludedIncluded up to $1,000
Transit Cover IncludedNot IncludedIncluded
Trailer & Caravan CoverIncluded up to $1,000Not IncludedIncluded up to $1,000
Child Safety Seats and PramsIncluded up to $500Not IncludedIncluded up to $500
New-for-old Car Replacement

Must be within 24 months of first registration, and you are the first registered owner.

Personal Property CoverIncluded up to $500Not IncludedIncluded up to $500
Uninsured Motorist Benefit Not ApplicableIncluded up to $3,000Included up to $3,000
Accidental Loss or Damage