See the Best Car Insurance in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Woolworths Car Insurance

• Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Claim Resolution Time
    • 1-2 weeks (3)
    • 2-4 weeks (8)
    • 1-2 months (6)
    • 3+ months (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (16) · No (1)
pecasita
pecasita

I wasted more than one hour of my life to establish the car insuranced

Edryl F.Woolworths Car Insurance

Easy process thanks Gerrad

Good value, a little slow, but thorough. They recommended the repairer who did a surprisingly great job. And i am fastidious! Over the phone, staff were overly helpful.

Amanda P.Woolworths Car Insurance

Hi Geoff, we are so pleased to hear you're okay and we were able to help you in a time of need. We'd like to take the time to thank you once again for choosing Woolworths Insurance and sharing your feedback. Stay safe and wishing you all the best.

Not
NotGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

This is good

For car insurance I hand not experienced any thing like claim etc but it seems to me your service was good. I hope it would be even better. I only have been with the car insurance only couple of months. Your charge is not expensive.

Sharon G.Woolworths Car Insurance

Hi Not, thanks for sharing this message with us. We are glad to hear we have provided great Customer Service. If we can be of any assistance in the future, please let us know and we will be more than happy to help.

Bob A
Bob A

impressed with claim as this is first claim getting policy was a dream and not a pain like a lot of insurers

policy easy to set up
claim 4-5 weeks for settlement , money took a long time after car was w/o and needed to ring and onhold for 53 minutes to speak ( shocking long time and big let down ,told money 5-7 days it was double and only after phone call. understand large number claims in ACT at same time.
Fix phones and you are agreat insurer ( in past managed big insurance company so I know what is a good company )
you have agood selection of staff ( based on those I spoke to )

poss A.
poss A.Hunter Region, NSW

I like how you can pay in monthly installments makes it easier for me rather than having to pay 6 or 12 months lump sum

This is the first claim I've made ever so I don't have anything to compare it to however it took almost 2 months to settle probably due to my still being under finance and working a final payout figure

Zubair W.Woolworths Car Insurance

Hi poss, thank you for the review. We are glad to hear of your positive experience with our payment options. We do apologise for the delay in processing your claim but are happy to hear this has now been settled. Thank you.

Peter L.
Peter L.Brisbane

As good as it gets!

Best value Comprehensive MV Insurance Policy out there IMO. Claim was handled talking to a live person and she was helpful, a good listener and excellent to deal with.
The claim took about 12 days to process (I was not at fault) and they allowed me a choice of repairer (which I needed to remind them of) because they might otherwise have chosen a lesser repairer (Mercedes Benz metallic colours are hard to match) and I wanted a good job done.
Overall, extremely happy!

Anne Speake
Anne SpeakeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Renewal a Nightmare!!

After have a slight MV accident Nov 2019, the Claims Dept were FANTASTIC!! My car was repaired by The Body Shop & they were fantastic. When I was trying to change my Renewal details, it took 2 wks before I had any satisfaction. Staff were useless with no communication between each Dept; a Supervisor would NOT speak to me; no phone calls returned but finally a lovely lady rang and solved everything. Extremely Happy Customer now......

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Avleen M.1 June 2020
we-compared-reviews-on-the-top-5-most-popular-car-insurance-providers
Naomi
NaomiDunlop 2615, ACT

Great value comprehensive car insurance and friendly

After the hail storm in Canberra in January 2020 my car had extensive damage and lodging a claim on line was easy. Thank you Woolworths car insurance and Absolute Dent Repair for fitting my car in to be fixed whilst I went away on holidays in February for three weeks. Received my car back in four weeks and my WRX is back to perfection.

Zubair W.Woolworths Car Insurance

Hi Naomi, thank you for the review. We are pleased to hear of your positive experience with our claims processes. We are happy to hear we provided the level of service we aim to provide. Thank you.

Deb
DebSydney, NSW

Good but can be better

Good value policy. Speedy interaction with claim. Follow up with claim need to be better. Need to be proactive than reactive. Overall a good experience and will stay with Woolworths.

Find out how Woolworths Car Insurance compares to other Car Insurance

Insurance is good, but take too much long time to claim.

I have been with this insurance company for 2-3 years , everything is good. Only one thing is the claim is too slow, and I have to make several calls to solve one issue!

Ryan A.Woolworths Car Insurance

Shaneo M.
Shaneo M.South East Queensland, QLD

Great Product and Service

I've used this product for several cars and recently had an accident. The service was great and streamlined. My claim was resolved within a reasonable time and I was satisfied with the communication whilst the assessment was undertaken. I'll continue to use the product in the future.

Ryan A.Woolworths Car Insurance

musicwoman
musicwoman

Fair experience.

easy to set up. two weeks to settle claim, 12months policy. no roadside needed. I was surprised my car was written off easily, as I would have liked it repaired, as I was the innocent party hit by a "failure to give way driver" the police said.

KateL
KateLDarling Downs, QLD

Good - But Could Improve

Policy was good value and will probably use again. However when claim lodged it took over a month to sort out and then wrong payout amount stated to me (excess was charged when I was found not at fault) so I needed to follow up and correct the error and have excess not taken out of my payout amount. This should not have happened when all details were with Woolworths from the start of the claim...which was confirmed when I called to rectify the situation.

Richard P.Woolworths Car Insurance
Warren C.
Warren C.South East Queensland, QLD

Great customer service

The positives

Very well priced and easy to set up.
Claim was managed very professionally.

The negatives

call wait times whilst trying to get through over 20min on most occasions.
Roadside assistance service is very poor will ONLY assist on main land NOT islands of the cost , even tho the island is listed as a main highway.

jon
jonSydney Surrounds, NSW

Staying with Woolworth's Auto Insurance

Zoe H.Woolworths Car Insurance

Shane G.asked
Comprehensive Car Insurance

How long between determining a rite-off and recieving a pay out

Moe S.
Moe S.

4-5 months ar least

The Reviewer

Do you mean write-off and receiving ?

Natalia J.
Natalia J.asked
Woolworths Car Insurance

If you don't have the car insurance access money upfront what happens? Can you pay it off?

The Reviewer

Why not simply ask them directly

Paul LWasked
Woolworths Car Insurance

I switched from AAMI who dont allow choice of repairer
Do Woolworths Insurance allow my choice of repairer?

Edryl F.Woolworths Car Insurance

Our policies do not offer a choice of repairer. An appropriate qualified repairer appointed or approved by us will do the repairs.

The Reviewer

The answer is already covered in their policy and listed on this page

Not helpful Reviewer R. Woolworths Car Insurance replied 2 weeks ago

See all Woolworths Car Insurance questions

Get an answer from our members and Woolworths Car Insurance representatives

Woolworths Car Insurance

Woolworths, underwritten by the Hollard Insurance Company, sells three car insurance policies: Comprehensive, Third Party Property Damage Only and Third Party Fire and Theft.

Points of praise for Woolworths Car Insurance

Reviewers noted that Woolworths' policies were easy to set up, with polite customer service. Another point worthy of mention is that reviewers observed their claims were resolved quickly and easily, with minimal delays when it came to Woolworths responding to claims.

As one reviewer put it, ‘I say thank you Woolworths for your prompt service, and the speed you operate at.’

Pain points with Woolworths Car Insurance

Unfortunately, the higher number of 1-star reviews agreed that while they experienced polite service at the start of the claims journey or when signing up, they encountered less friendly and helpful service when processing claims in Woolworths' call centre post-claim lodgement. Generally more evasive customer service was cited, including being put on hold for an extended period of time.

Reviewers also mentioned that while Woolworths offered cheap premiums initially, there were steep price increases in consecutive years. Another pain point involved frustration with Woolworths’ exclusive car repair centres. The nature of these frustrations involved smash repairers being too far away from people’s homes to be convenient, or that drivers were left waiting for months for their cars to be ready for pick-up.

Compare all 3 Woolworths Car Insurance
CategoryRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Funeral, Home and Contents, Landlord, Life, Pet and TravelFuneral, Home and Contents, Landlord, Life, Pet and TravelFuneral, Home and Contents, Landlord, Life, Pet and Travel
Coverage TypeComprehensiveThird Party Property DamageThird Party, Fire and Theft
UnderwriterHollardHollardHollard
Legal Liability Cover Included up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 million
Roadside Assistance Optional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional Extra
Reduced or Zero Excess Windscreen CoverZero Excess Optional ExtraNot OfferedZero Excess Optional Extra
Choice of RepairerNot AllowedNot AllowedNot Allowed
After Accident Care
Hire Car after an Incident

Optional Extra for up to $50 per day for up to 14 days.

Emergency Transport & AccommodationUp to $500 if you are more than 200kms from home and your car cannot be driven.Not IncludedUp to $500 if you are more than 200kms from home and your car cannot be driven.
Towing Costs IncludedNot IncludedIncluded
Hire Car after a No Fault Accident

Essential / Emergency RepairsIncluded up to $500Not IncludedIncluded up to $500
Benefits
Pay As You Drive / Fixed Kilometre DiscountOptionalNot OfferedNot Offered
Hire Car after Theft

Lock and Key ReplacementIncluded up to $1,000Not IncludedIncluded up to $1,000
Transit Cover IncludedNot IncludedIncluded
Trailer & Caravan CoverIncluded up to $1,000Not IncludedIncluded up to $1,000
Child Safety Seats and PramsIncluded up to $500Not IncludedIncluded up to $500
New-for-old Car Replacement

Must be within 24 months of first registration, and you are the first registered owner.

Personal Property CoverIncluded up to $500Not IncludedIncluded up to $500
Uninsured Motorist Benefit Not ApplicableIncluded up to $3,000Included up to $3,000
Accidental Loss or Damage