Woolworths Comprehensive Car Insurance

See the Best Car Insurance in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Woolworths Car Insurance

• 1-2 weeks (19)
    • 2-4 weeks (58)
    • 1-2 months (56)
    • 3+ months (43)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (181) · No (44)

Very poor customer service, they are robot. They don't listen to what you say

JasonGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

insurance is fine but customer service sucks

On the phone for 1 hour 14 minutes yesterday, didn't get it sorted, today there's a 1 hour and 4 minute wait before I can even start a conversation with someone.

Ihatebookdepository
IhatebookdepositoryGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

I've been on hold for an hour

I'm so disgusted by being kept on hold for an hour that whilst I was waiting I switched to Budget Direct. I just find it so pathetic that you can't answer the phone within 5 minutes. I was planning on just staying with Woolworths from my old policy and moving it to my new car but I will not put up with being kept on hold for an hour - it's utterly trash customer service and does not bode well for needing to make a claim. I never even managed to get through to them - an hour with their horrendous call music and the woman constantly 'thanking me for my patience' was enough to make me want to punch the wall. It's 2021 - it's not good enough.

Back On Their Word

Car Insurance

Find out how Woolworths Comprehensive Car Insurance compares to other Car Insurance

kylieah
kylieahMid North Coast, NSW

Happy with the end result of my claim.

Put in a claim for my car after hail damage. Was written off and replaced. I was frustrated with the whole experience as I loved my car and only brought it brand new 8 months ago. I hope I never have to go through this again but very happy with the end result. I pick my new car up tomorrow. 4 weeks from claim date to settlement is pretty good considering the amount of customers in the area that were affected by the hail damage. Thank you Woolworths Insurance. I will be organising my new policy with you and I like the 10% off groceries once a month.

CandiceGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Appalling non existing "Customer Service"

I tried to take out comprehensive car on my brand new car.. a few days later I got an email saying payment has not gone through. Tried to contact them through chat email and phone. Waiting 30 minutes on hold..why do companies think this is acceptable ?? So I've been driving about not knowing wether I'm insured or not.
Today I bought insurance from another company. Woolworths can cancel my policy. If I could give 0 stars I would. Disgusting so called Customer service.

I've purchased elsewhere

Nick H.Woolworths Car Insurance

Can’t get through on the phone. Increasing price every year

Can not contact via the phone. Just on hold forever! Policy goes up every year and auto renewal means you may not notice. Beware! But good luck canceling when they won’t answer the phone!

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Avleen M.
Avleen M.1 June 2020
we-compared-reviews-on-the-top-5-most-popular-car-insurance-providers

Poor service

My car was written off and I informed Service NSW, my green slip provider and Woolworths my Comprehensive insurer. Within 5 days I had refunds from Service NSW and green slip but am still waiting 4 weeks later for anything from Woolies. When I contact them it is an hour to wait on phone "experiencing high call levels" - this cannot always be the case (but it is) unless they are understaffed or terribly badly organised (though Optus the same). We waited nearly 2 years for them to organise to fix storm damage and people they used for that were shonky and un-professional. Cheap yes but good value no. I used to work at Woolworths support office and it is a great grocery business - pity the insurance "white label" gives them a bad name.

A Thorn

Amazingly quick response when you get a bad review. My advice is put the money into call centre and claims and get good reviews rather than retrospectively responding to complaints.

Lisa_Cahill
Lisa_CahillAU

Comprehensive insurance that’s not comprehensive.

Our “comprehensive” insurance came with some very sneaky ‘small print’.
After my husband accidentally reversed into my daughters’ car one evening as he was leaving to pick up our youngest for work, we found out that family members property (including vehicles) are excluded. Page 27 apparently it says so.

Not happy. I thought we purchased comprehensive insurance, but this is far from it.

Car Insurance

Totally disproportionate and overpriced. It is Drive Less Pay More.

Noel
Noel
Andrew
AndrewNorth Queensland, QLD

Canelling policy

Good luck trying to cancel a policy. Cannot get hold of any customer service staff to take my call. Online chat does not work. Tries ringing the service centre at the alloted times but no answer. Will not be using Woolworths again

Other Car Insurance

Won't call you back about a complaint

Don't expect a phone call back when you're told " someone will call you back from our complaints dept, within the next 2days " 3 weeks and 2x calls to them still havnt called me....

Clint
Clint

Clint Nicholson
clint.a.nicholson@gmail.com

Geoff
GeoffSydney, NSW

Worst customer service!

Waited on the telephone for over an hour to speak to an operator. Terrible customer service. My advice is to use another insurance company that actually answers the phone! Have switched to another insurance provider.

bdl83
bdl83South East Queensland, QLD

Chose Woolworths for the immediate value

Thugthug
ThugthugSydney, NSW

Not good,im going to youi

Called 4 times in the last 1hr and half,every 20 to 30 minutes they say is my waiting time but hangs when it comes to time,listing you guys pull your finger out,im paying you,at least have the courtesy to answer my phone and not hang up on me.I will cancel my policy.

Insurance TypeComprehensive
See all Woolworths Car Insurance reviews

kylieah
kylieahasked
Comprehensive Car Insurance

Had anyone had new for old car replacement after your vehicle is written off? How long did it take to get it?

Hi Kyliah,

Thank you for your question regarding new for old replacement. Our Team is here to listen and assist our customers.

I can see you have also shared feedback with us via another channel.

We are awaiting your response containing your details, and once received; our team will be more able to assist you via this channel.

For more information about our complaint process, please visit our Compliments and Complaints page https://insurance.woolworths.com.au/compliments-complaints.html.

If you would like to know more about the Insurance product you have purchased, you can do so here https://insurance.woolworths.com.au/help-faqs.html or by contacting our Service team on 1300 10 1234.

Sincerely,

Nicholas
​Customer Resolutions Specialist
Woolworths Insurance

Shane G.asked
Comprehensive Car Insurance

How long between determining a rite-off and recieving a pay out

Moe S.
Moe S.

4-5 months ar least

The Reviewer
The Reviewer

Do you mean write-off and receiving ?

Terryasked
Comprehensive Car Insurance

Got a quote, and it was better than 5 other insurers. However, looking at all the negative reviews, I would have to have rocks in my head if I went with them.

Elliott R.
Elliott R.

The pricing is so attractive but the cover just isn't worth it in my experience. Any issue with the claims and it takes days to get a reply and they dont seem to want to help. Suncorp insurance seems to be the best cover although its a little pricey

Terry

I've been with Youi for quite a few years now and have always had good customer service when I go about renewing my policy. We go through the same dance each year where they send me a policy with the premium increased, I negotiate and get it down a bit and come away feeling like they have done me a favour!
I am sure that many people would be devastated to find out how much their vehicle is NOT worth, mainly because people have a love affair with their vehicle. To find that my Ford Territory Ghia is only worth 4.5K (165K on the clock) and they are asking 11% of that for a premium is a bit of a shock.

See all Woolworths Comprehensive Car Insurance questions

Get an answer from our members and Woolworths Car Insurance representatives

Compare all 3 Woolworths Car Insurance
CategoryRoadside Assistance Providers and Car Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Funeral, Home and Contents, Landlord, Life, Pet and Travel
Coverage TypeComprehensive
Choice of RepairerNot Allowed
After Accident Care
Hire Car after an Incident

Optional Extra for up to $50 per day for up to 14 days.

Emergency Transport & AccommodationUp to $500 if you are more than 200kms from home and your car cannot be driven.
Towing Costs Included
Hire Car after a No Fault Accident

Essential / Emergency RepairsIncluded up to $500
Benefits
Pay As You Drive / Fixed Kilometre DiscountOptional
Hire Car after Theft

Lock and Key ReplacementIncluded up to $1,000
Transit Cover Included
Trailer & Caravan CoverIncluded up to $1,000
Child Safety Seats and PramsIncluded up to $500
New-for-old Car Replacement

Must be within 24 months of first registration, and you are the first registered owner.

Personal Property CoverIncluded up to $500