Woolworths Comprehensive Travel Insurance

Tony Iorfino

Tony IorfinoSydney, NSW

Save your money

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationEurope and North America (inc. Hawaii)
Claim MadeYes
Claim DateSeptember 2019
Claim ApprovedYes

Poor Service

The website seems to have intermittent issues where it'll take payment but not issue any policy. The call centre staff seem unable or unwilling to provide assistance. Every call promised the world but they've yet to deliver on anything promised.

Perhaps it's worth reviewing your business contingency plans to ensure when problems occur with the website, that the business can handle the backlog of applications in a suitable timeframe.

DestinationAustralia
Claim MadeNo
Lynne

LynneDarwin

Don't bother

I purchased travel insurance money came out of the bank but I didn't get a policy. After 2 days and heaps of calls I finally managed to actually get to talk to someone. I decided not to risk it so asked for my money back. I will now wait to see how long that takes. They don't answer their phone or give policies after paying for it.

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationSouth-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Claim MadeNo

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateAugust 2019
Claim ApprovedYes
Zoe H.Woolworths Travel Insurance

Very fair, efficient and understanding

My friend told me about Woolworths comprehensive insurance. I have used it twice so far and had to claim once.
I will certainly use Woolworths regularly as they were understanding, fair and efficient.

Woolworths I.Woolworths Travel Insurance

Hi Christine, thanks for sharing your review with us. We're pleased to hear we were able to provide you with fair and efficient service. Thanks again for choosing Woolworths for your Travel Insurance needs.

Lost or Stolen Claim

The comprehensive cover was very affordable. The claim was paid out within a couple of weeks. The claim team were thorough and supportive. Highly recommend.

Woolworths I.Woolworths Travel Insurance

Hi Summer, thanks for sharing your review with us. We're pleased to hear we were able promptly process and payout your claim. Thanks again for choosing Woolworths Travel Insurance.

Highly recommend

Twice and will continue to use Woolworths Travel Insurance for future travels. Competitive price. When made a claim process prompt and very accommodating and courteous special mention Chris.

Woolworths I.Woolworths Travel Insurance

Hi Emily, thank you for sharing your review with us. We're pleased to hear that both your experiences so far have been both competitive in price and the efficiency of our Claims Process. Thank you for choosing Woolworths Travel Insurance.

Natalie

NatalieALBION PARK

Great Service and Product

I have used Woolworths Insurance 4-5 times now. This time I had to make a claim and cancel our holiday.
Woolworths insurance was great. Each time I had a query and contacted them by phone, every person I spoke to was helpful, kind and courteous. Then after lodging the claim, the continued communication kept you knowing what was happening. It was a matter of a days the claim was settled and the funds were in my account. Simple and brilliant. Would choose Woolworths travel insurance in the future and continue to highly recommend it to other travellers. A BIG THANK YOU!

Woolworths I.Woolworths Travel Insurance

Comprehensive yet cost effective policy with a very easy and efficient claims process

I purchased the comprehensive policy for a recent trip to Bali, the premium was approx. $66 with a $100 excess. I ended up getting sick and needing to see a doctor....$430 later. I lodged the claim online while I was still away and the claim was processed and deposited within my bank account within 5 days. I wont hesitate choosing Woolworths travel insurance for my next trip.

Mae

MaeSydney

Easy minor claim processed quickly

I always take out domestic travel insurance when I travel and hire a car. My flight ended up being cancelled and I had to quickly buy another to get me back on track for my holiday. Lucky I had purchased comprehensive WW policy, so with all my documents sent through the claim was processed very quickly. WW were easy to deal with and completely professional, would easily purchase travel insurance from them again.

Alan

AlanSydney

Paid my claim for a cancelled flight

Woolworths paid my claim after TigerAir cancelled our flights from Melbourne to Sydney and left me stranded. We had to fly Qantas at massive expense ($800 each one way)
Claim was easy to submit using the claim form. It took about 10days between submitting the forms and getting the cash in my account.

My only critisisms are:
The emergency help line wasnt much help. They didnt offer to try and book new flights. Just told me to make my own way home and then put in a claim.

Well worth $55 for 3 days cover for a long weekend.

Steve S

Steve SMallee

Competitive policy. Easy to claim.

We purchased our comprehensive Woolworths policy online because they were very competitive. While in Scotland, we had a death back home in Australia. Returned for the funeral and then resumed our trip. Two different claims, one for cancellation fees for the part of the trip we missed and one for unexpected costs in getting home and back to resume the trip were paid in full. Very happy with the email communication.

Woolworths I.Woolworths Travel Insurance

Lost my items on the trip and got my claim declined showing that items were left unattended in a pub

This is the biggest scam of this century. I lost my items in Thailand in a tuk tuk... and my claim got declined showing that the item were left unattended in a public place. Are you for real!!!!!

Who wants to go through all the hassle???

I am going to go to consumer affairs...

You guys need to be stopped....

Scammers...

Lyndon WWoolworths Travel Insurance

Hi Jamil,
Please respond to our private message.
Thank you.

Anna

AnnaSydney

Never Never Again buy or recommend Woolworths Travel Insurance , Poor call Center support, Slow resp

Mary

MaryGold Coast

Comprehensive Travel Insurance - 5 star experience

Thank you for processing our comprehensive travel insurance claim so quick and no hassle. I am very impressed with your continued prompt and courteous service. Over all positive 5 star ***** experience.

Kevin V.Woolworths Travel Insurance

Hi Mary, happy to hear you were happy with our prompt service and thank you for sharing your experience on this forum. Thanks

See all Woolworths Travel Insurance reviews