Listing monitored by Woolworths Travel Insurance

• <1 week (1)
    • 1-2 weeks (6)
    • 2-4 weeks (4)
    • 3+ months (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (11) · No (3)
Dylan
Dylan

Fair outcome

Elisabeth L.Woolworths Travel Insurance

Hi Dylan, thanks for sharing your post, we're pleased you received the refund for your policy due to the Corona virus. We'd like to take the time to thank you for choosing Woolworths Insurance and appreciate your feedback. Thank you.

Karen P.
Karen P.

Unexpected result but very welcome one!

Pam Keily
Pam KeilyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worst Travel Insurance

I felt our policy was good value. We returned from our holiday on 26th Oct and have not had our claim resolved yet. Only used Woolworths once and never again.

Travel Insurance

Find out how Woolworths Comprehensive Travel Insurance (Overseas) compares to other Travel Insurance

B. O'Connor

Should have gone to a proper insurer instead of a supermarket!

Farheen A.Woolworths Travel Insurance
beverley
beverleyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Very let down

As will many others, we booked our travel insurance months in advance of the corona virus becoming a known event...but there in the small print Woolworths insurance excludes a pandemic. It is tragic and devastating enough for people losing their dream holidays, but to find out you are not covered for such an unforeseeable event is just awful. The whole point of having insurance is to protect yourself - so many are suffering but woolworths insurance are happily announcing on their website that they have excluded themselves so don't even bother trying. This was the first time and definitely the last time I will ever get insurance with Woolworths. We should all boycott such cold and unhelpful businesses

AKM TAHREERUR R.Woolworths Travel Insurance

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Laslo Z.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very disappointed

My wife and I booked our holiday flights and accomodation well in advance. This was prior to any news regarding the coronavirus. I've just found out we're not covered for pandemics or epidemics. Be very careful when taking up insurance. All these companies are keen to take your money, but then won't look after you when something like this happens. It's no fault of our own yet we're likely to lose over $5k due to this virus and not be able to go on our holiday.

Laslo Z.

My review will hopefully help some people and prompt them to read the terms and conditions before signing up. I think pandemics should be covered just like natural disasters.

Farheen A.Woolworths Travel Insurance
FredBloggs
FredBloggsacity

Ex-gratia payment to cover costs even though not eligible

The claim did not meet the policy rules however WW made an ex-gratia payment which covered most of the loss. Policy is excellent value. Submitting the claim was easy. Processing of claim was fairly quick. Staff were easy to work with.

DestinationEurope
Gangnum StyleAustralian Capital Territory

No cover for Coronavirus

I confirmed with their customer support. When you need this policy to protect you most, it will let you down. If you are travelling and you get ill with Coronavirus they will not cover you, even if you’ve been travelling before Coronavirus started. They have no interest in protecting you. Do not trust them.

Roberta
RobertaDarling Downs, QLD

Thanks for nothing Woolworths

Negative experience

Used the service twice.
On the second occasion had a terrible experience the company.
The loss of my goods was bad enough however dealing with Woolworths insurance was even more stressful. They tried every trick int he book to not pay out. They quoted incorrect dates (hopefully by accident), accused me of lying and refused to reply to emails for weeks at a time.
Just spend the extra amount and use a reputable insurance company. Save yourself the hassle and stress.

DestinationEurope
Christine Smith
Christine SmithSouth East Queensland, QLD

I couldn't be happier!

My husband became ill and could not travel. I was sceptical that the claim would be paid out. However, it was paid in full within 20 days. You could have knocked me over with a feather!
You hear so many stories about insurance companies not paying out on claims (maybe with good reasons we don’t get to hear of). In all my years of travel, I have never had to make a claim on insurance and was unsure how this would go!
I’m very grateful to Woolworths Travel and have said so on my facebook page. I will never use any other insurance company (although you may not want us to use you again)!!

Saints58
Saints58Sydney, NSW

Above and beyond.

Policy was good value and I had to make a claim which initially a significant portion of the claim was declined. I made contact with Woolworth's Insurance to discuss. They were very helpful and explained in detail why part of my claim was declined but subsequently granted an ex-gratia payment for the amount originally declined which was a terrific outcome and very much appreciated.

Clive Boddington
Clive BoddingtonHunter Region, NSW

Exceptional service and outcome

When my wife became ill whilst holidaying in Thailand, I phoned the WTI helpline and was immediately put through to an operator who was able to give me clear and concise advice, telling me to get my wife to a certain hospital immediately. His advice, in the long-run, has most probably saved her life.
Upon returning home, WTL provided me with all the information required to make a claim which was settled within a surprisingly short space of time.
WTL not only handled our unfortunate situation (having to cut a month-long trip to one week) with expediency and proffessionalism but also with compassion.

JimDMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Woolworths Travel Insurance came to our rescue.

The policy was simple to set up. We did it on line with ease. We lodged a claim while overseas because my wife broke her ankle and required surgery in an overseas hospital. Once we were able to contact the emergency number we could tell we were in good hands from the emergency team to the nurse Kate R and also the claims team. They helped us out immensely taking a lot of the stress of the moment from us. While this is our second policy with Woolworths Insurance we will use them again for sure and have recommended them to our friends of which two are to travel soon and have Woolworths Travel Insurance. Thankyou travel insurance people in Woolworths Travel, really appreciated your efforts.

Ryan A.Woolworths Travel Insurance

Hello Jim, You can take a quote and a policy at any time through our website or you are able to contact our sales team and they will be able to discuss the situation for you. You can contact the sales team on 1300 10 1234.

Gail
GailGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Awesome travel insurance, peace of mind and easy claim process

I normally used TID for my travel insurance but when my daughter was overseas she used Woolworths and had a medical issue and they were wonderful; even calling me the next day to ask how she was. We used them last trip to Bali and had a small claim which was sorted within a week. Not only are they great value and coverage but very easy to join and smooth claims process. Woolworths will be our new go to Travel Insurance as we go overseas every year +++++

See all Woolworths Travel Insurance reviews