• Claim Resolution Time
    • 1-2 weeks (1)
    • 2-4 weeks (1)
    • 3+ months (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (2) · No (3)
Dylan

Dylan

Fair outcome

Elisabeth L.Woolworths Travel Insurance

Hi Dylan, thanks for sharing your post, we're pleased you received the refund for your policy due to the Corona virus. We'd like to take the time to thank you for choosing Woolworths Insurance and appreciate your feedback. Thank you.

Pam Keily

Pam KeilyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worst Travel Insurance

I felt our policy was good value. We returned from our holiday on 26th Oct and have not had our claim resolved yet. Only used Woolworths once and never again.

B. O'Connor

Should have gone to a proper insurer instead of a supermarket!

Farheen A.Woolworths Travel Insurance
Travel Insurance

Find out how Woolworths Comprehensive Travel Insurance (Overseas) compares to other Travel Insurance

beverley

beverleyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Very let down

As will many others, we booked our travel insurance months in advance of the corona virus becoming a known event...but there in the small print Woolworths insurance excludes a pandemic. It is tragic and devastating enough for people losing their dream holidays, but to find out you are not covered for such an unforeseeable event is just awful. The whole point of having insurance is to protect yourself - so many are suffering but woolworths insurance are happily announcing on their website that they have excluded themselves so don't even bother trying. This was the first time and definitely the last time I will ever get insurance with Woolworths. We should all boycott such cold and unhelpful businesses

Laslo Z.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very disappointed

My wife and I booked our holiday flights and accomodation well in advance. This was prior to any news regarding the coronavirus. I've just found out we're not covered for pandemics or epidemics. Be very careful when taking up insurance. All these companies are keen to take your money, but then won't look after you when something like this happens. It's no fault of our own yet we're likely to lose over $5k due to this virus and not be able to go on our holiday.

Laslo Z.

My review will hopefully help some people and prompt them to read the terms and conditions before signing up. I think pandemics should be covered just like natural disasters.

Farheen A.Woolworths Travel Insurance

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending

Gangnum StyleAustralian Capital Territory

No cover for Coronavirus

I confirmed with their customer support. When you need this policy to protect you most, it will let you down. If you are travelling and you get ill with Coronavirus they will not cover you, even if you’ve been travelling before Coronavirus started. They have no interest in protecting you. Do not trust them.

Roberta

RobertaDarling Downs, QLD

Thanks for nothing Woolworths

Negative experience

Used the service twice.
On the second occasion had a terrible experience the company.
The loss of my goods was bad enough however dealing with Woolworths insurance was even more stressful. They tried every trick int he book to not pay out. They quoted incorrect dates (hopefully by accident), accused me of lying and refused to reply to emails for weeks at a time.
Just spend the extra amount and use a reputable insurance company. Save yourself the hassle and stress.

DestinationEurope
Ryan A.Woolworths Travel Insurance
Clementine Brakenridge

Clementine BrakenridgeIllawarra, NSW

Couldn't get anywhere, trying to get travel insurance

Rang call centre, was kept on hold for over 40minutes with no response. Emailed customer service centre, received a reply that they would get back to me, no response from them either. No customer service at all. If this is the way they treat their customers I would rather go elsewhere, which is exactly what I did. I wonder how one would go if they had to make a claim. I'd rather not find out.

Travel Insurance

Tony Iorfino

Tony IorfinoSydney, NSW

Save your money

Lynne

LynneDarwin

Don't bother

I purchased travel insurance money came out of the bank but I didn't get a policy. After 2 days and heaps of calls I finally managed to actually get to talk to someone. I decided not to risk it so asked for my money back. I will now wait to see how long that takes. They don't answer their phone or give policies after paying for it.

Zoe H.Woolworths Travel Insurance

Lost my items on the trip and got my claim declined showing that items were left unattended in a pub

This is the biggest scam of this century. I lost my items in Thailand in a tuk tuk... and my claim got declined showing that the item were left unattended in a public place. Are you for real!!!!!

Who wants to go through all the hassle???

I am going to go to consumer affairs...

You guys need to be stopped....

Scammers...

Insurance claim madeYes
Lyndon WWoolworths Travel Insurance

Hi Jamil,
Please respond to our private message.
Thank you.

Anna

AnnaSydney

Never Never Again buy or recommend Woolworths Travel Insurance , Poor call Center support, Slow resp

Insurance claim madeYes