• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (1)
    • 1-2 weeks (4)
    • 2-4 weeks (3)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (8) · No (0)
FredBloggs

FredBloggsacity

Ex-gratia payment to cover costs even though not eligible

The claim did not meet the policy rules however WW made an ex-gratia payment which covered most of the loss. Policy is excellent value. Submitting the claim was easy. Processing of claim was fairly quick. Staff were easy to work with.

DestinationEurope
Christine Smith

Christine SmithSouth East Queensland, QLD

I couldn't be happier!

My husband became ill and could not travel. I was sceptical that the claim would be paid out. However, it was paid in full within 20 days. You could have knocked me over with a feather!
You hear so many stories about insurance companies not paying out on claims (maybe with good reasons we don’t get to hear of). In all my years of travel, I have never had to make a claim on insurance and was unsure how this would go!
I’m very grateful to Woolworths Travel and have said so on my facebook page. I will never use any other insurance company (although you may not want us to use you again)!!

Saints58

Saints58Sydney, NSW

Above and beyond.

Policy was good value and I had to make a claim which initially a significant portion of the claim was declined. I made contact with Woolworth's Insurance to discuss. They were very helpful and explained in detail why part of my claim was declined but subsequently granted an ex-gratia payment for the amount originally declined which was a terrific outcome and very much appreciated.

Travel Insurance

Find out how Woolworths Comprehensive Travel Insurance (Overseas) compares to other Travel Insurance

Clive Boddington

Clive BoddingtonHunter Region, NSW

Exceptional service and outcome

When my wife became ill whilst holidaying in Thailand, I phoned the WTI helpline and was immediately put through to an operator who was able to give me clear and concise advice, telling me to get my wife to a certain hospital immediately. His advice, in the long-run, has most probably saved her life.
Upon returning home, WTL provided me with all the information required to make a claim which was settled within a surprisingly short space of time.
WTL not only handled our unfortunate situation (having to cut a month-long trip to one week) with expediency and proffessionalism but also with compassion.

JimDMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Woolworths Travel Insurance came to our rescue.

The policy was simple to set up. We did it on line with ease. We lodged a claim while overseas because my wife broke her ankle and required surgery in an overseas hospital. Once we were able to contact the emergency number we could tell we were in good hands from the emergency team to the nurse Kate R and also the claims team. They helped us out immensely taking a lot of the stress of the moment from us. While this is our second policy with Woolworths Insurance we will use them again for sure and have recommended them to our friends of which two are to travel soon and have Woolworths Travel Insurance. Thankyou travel insurance people in Woolworths Travel, really appreciated your efforts.

Ryan A.Woolworths Travel Insurance

Hello Jim, You can take a quote and a policy at any time through our website or you are able to contact our sales team and they will be able to discuss the situation for you. You can contact the sales team on 1300 10 1234.

Gail

GailGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Awesome travel insurance, peace of mind and easy claim process

I normally used TID for my travel insurance but when my daughter was overseas she used Woolworths and had a medical issue and they were wonderful; even calling me the next day to ask how she was. We used them last trip to Bali and had a small claim which was sorted within a week. Not only are they great value and coverage but very easy to join and smooth claims process. Woolworths will be our new go to Travel Insurance as we go overseas every year +++++

Josh

JoshSydney, NSW

A very positive experience

My daughter became ill during our trip. I immediately emailed Woolworths Travel Assistance and was surprised to receive a reply within 30mins detailing that everything was covered, what I needed to do and even included medical facilities located in the area. Over the course of the trip, they contacted me to see how everything was going and if there was anything further they could do.
When I made my claim upon my return which was straightforward online, I was reimbursed within 5 working days. I was very impressed and will continue to use Woolworths Travel Insurance for future trips, especially as the policy provided good coverage with a very competitive price.

MariaB

MariaBGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great customer service!

Zoe H.Woolworths Travel Insurance
Natalie

NatalieALBION PARK

Great Service and Product

I have used Woolworths Insurance 4-5 times now. This time I had to make a claim and cancel our holiday.
Woolworths insurance was great. Each time I had a query and contacted them by phone, every person I spoke to was helpful, kind and courteous. Then after lodging the claim, the continued communication kept you knowing what was happening. It was a matter of a days the claim was settled and the funds were in my account. Simple and brilliant. Would choose Woolworths travel insurance in the future and continue to highly recommend it to other travellers. A BIG THANK YOU!

Travel Insurance

Comprehensive yet cost effective policy with a very easy and efficient claims process

I purchased the comprehensive policy for a recent trip to Bali, the premium was approx. $66 with a $100 excess. I ended up getting sick and needing to see a doctor....$430 later. I lodged the claim online while I was still away and the claim was processed and deposited within my bank account within 5 days. I wont hesitate choosing Woolworths travel insurance for my next trip.

Steve S

Steve SMallee

Competitive policy. Easy to claim.

We purchased our comprehensive Woolworths policy online because they were very competitive. While in Scotland, we had a death back home in Australia. Returned for the funeral and then resumed our trip. Two different claims, one for cancellation fees for the part of the trip we missed and one for unexpected costs in getting home and back to resume the trip were paid in full. Very happy with the email communication.

See all Woolworths Travel Insurance reviews