Woolworths Qantas Platinum

Woolworths Qantas Platinum

See the Best Balance Transfer Credit Cards in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Woolworths Money

Pros

• Stack the QFF points earned with this card with normal Woolworths Rewards points

• 0% balance transfer rate for 14 months

• 10% off one shop at Woolworths each month

Cons

• Relatively high ongoing annual fee ($169)

If you regularly shop at Woolies and want to earn Qantas Frequent Flyer points, this card could be a convenient tool to help reach your jet-setting goals. This Woolworths credit card has a competitive 0% balance transfer rate for 14 months, but a pretty standard 20.49% purchase rate with 55 interest-free days. Cardholders can also receive 10% off their first shop in store or online at Woolworths on selected dates each month (typically a weekend).

However, the real draw of this card is being able to earn both Qantas Frequent Flyer points and Woolworths Rewards Points at the same time, and then convert those Woolworths points into QFF points! Here's how it works out:

• You earn 1 Qantas Frequent Flyer point per $1 spent on eligible purchases at Woolworths Group stores. (This includes Woolworths supermarkets, Big W, Dan Murphy's, BWS, and Cellarmasters.)
  • You can also earn 1 Woolworths Reward point per $1 spent. These can then be converted to either Woolworths gift cards or Qantas Frequent Flyer points at the following rate:
  • 2,000 Woolworths points = $10 Woolworths Dollars = 1,000 Qantas Frequent Flyer Points

This would give you a total of 3,000 QFF points for spending $2,000 on eligible purchases at Woolworths Group stores.

The Qantas Platinum card also allows you to earn QFF points on purchases from non-Woolworths stores, at a rate of 0.5 points per $1

CategoryBalance Transfer Credit Cards and Rewards Credit Cards
Card TypeVisa
BenefitsComplimentary Travel Insurance and Reduced First Year Annual Fee
Minimum Credit Limit $6,000
Minimum Income $30,000
Additional Cardholders 1
Additional Cardholder Fee $29 p.a.
Minimum Repayments2.5%
Rewards ProgramQantas Frequent Flyer
Points Earn Rate 1 points per $1
Points Conditions
  • 1 Qantas Point for $1 spent at Woolworths and Woolworth Group stores, in store and online

• 0.5 Qantas Points for every $1 spent on all other eligible purchases

There is no cap on earn rate.

Contactless PaymentsApple Pay and Google Pay
Annual Fee$169 p.a.
Foreign Transaction Fee 3%
Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee$3
Interest Free Period 55 days
Cash Advance Rate21.99% p.a.
Introductory Offers
Introductory Offers

$99 annual fee for the first year (normally $169).

Reduced First Year Annual Fee $99
Balance Transfer Rates
Balance Transfer Period 14 months
Balance Transfer Rate 0% p.a.
Release dateJuly 2011

• Rates and Fees
  • Rewards
  • Online Experience
  • Application Process
Michael
MichaelHunter Region, NSW

Perfect, i can't go anywhere without it.

The team has made me feel really terrible as a person inside. But i'm slowly getting better i will always struggle for the greater good just like this company will.

Bourb
BourbAU

Couples with Woolies Rewards Card for more Qantas Points.

dave t78brisbane

Great card if you play by the rules

MKG

You must work for Woolworths Qantas CC with these comments. I notice this review page is selectively cleaned of any unfavourable views! This is the worst card ever, I cancelled mine and warn everyone I can about this card.

Best Card for Qantas Frequent Flyers

I've tried several cards for what I want.
This ones the best for me. No points cap and 1:1 flyer points. Low cost annual fees too.
I do a lot of Internet banking- the security on this one is so high it's makes it hard to use
I rate this card highly.
No cap.
Difficult to use website

Balance Transfer Credit Cards

Find out how Woolworths Qantas Platinum compares to other Balance Transfer Credit Cards

the best card for qantas frequent flyer points

I travel every few years on points alone, and found that Woolworths offer the best frequent flyer points for my dollar spent. I have 2 of these credit cards, and as I use them regularly I Bpay them when needed. I have never had a problem with them at all, and as I now shop at woolworths, I get bonus points too. If you manage your cards properly, any cards, then you shouldnt have a problem.
More frequent flyer points and no capping

MKG

Another Woolworths Qantas CC employee.

I'm fine with card

After reading the reviews of this site it's clear that the comments are from people with bad money mangement skills... i mean the guy complaining how long it takes to process payements.. yes... Bpay can take up to 5 days to process... that is not woolworths issue.. thats Bpay..... i've had the card 2 years now.... and i'm fine with it
points
like any card... interest rate and penalts if your late etc

MKG

Another Woolworths Qantas Credit Card employee? how much are they paying you for favourable comments? Read all the other reviews!!

DebW
DebWasked

Where can I find out what is classed as an eligible purchase?

iiaann
iiaannasked

Can one pay the balance due on a ww cc at woolworths or big w?

Private Customer
Private Customer

yes you can. I think up to $1000 in cash (in one transaction).

Jo
Joasked

I received a marketing email in April 2013 from Woolworths Money regarding "Doubleville" for the Qantas card. It said you earn double the points during May 2013 and it would appear on the next statement (issued in June 2013). I received the next statement (for May 2013) and there were no bonus points. I phoned Woolworths Money and they said they knew nothing about this promotion or the email, which I unfortunately deleted and am unable to recover. Did anyone else receive this email or know about it? Thanks for your help

tojo
tojo

Jo
no idea as i cancilled my card 4 weeks after i recieved, to hard to deal with woolworths!!!!!!

RonFromOz
RonFromOz

Hi Jo. When I rang about double Qantas Points (for bookings made with Qantas) I was told they new nothing about the deal either. I persisted and rang an Australian based call centre and eventually they agreed. I got the 18,000 points and then cancelled the card and went with Bankwest. I have not had to argue with them over entitlements and their service has been great. In my case thought this was not a special promotion it was an apparent standard deal.

Cheerz