Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance Questions & Answers

25 questions from our users

Diana

Dianaasked

Are solar panels covered under Woolworths House and Content Insurance?

Elisabeth L.Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance

Hi Diana, thank you for reaching out to us and we would like to apologise for the delay in response. Solar panels are covered under our policy cover, If they are installed on your home the value can be included in the overall Building Sum Insured amount. If you need any assistance please reach out to us through our Live Chat service on our website https://insurance.woolworths.com.au/ where one of our Customer Service Representatives are available via web chat from 8.30am - 7.30pm weekdays and 9.30am to 4.30pm on weekends.

Lutz

Lutzasked

How come no one is answering when I call about my insurance claim
Trying to call since last Wednesday every time I’m waiting for over an hour today I’ve been waiting for 2 hours and no one takes the call!!!!
This is absolutely unacceptable!!!
How do I get to talk to anyone???
HELP!!!!!!!!

Helen Platkowski
Helen Platkowski

I had the same problem, finally spoke to a lovely girl her name is Anisy....was very helpful....I hope our issue will be resolved this week...

Jay P.
Jay P.

Hello All,

customers of this insurance company know how unprofessional and useless it is.
for those interested let us start a class action with ACCC

Customer Service RepWoolworths Home and Contents Insurance

Hey Lutz,
Thank you for getting in contact.
We are sorry for any inconvenience this process may have caused.
As you are probably aware with everything thats going on, our claims department is in high demand at the moment. The correct number to get in contact with the claims department is 1300 10 12 34 and follow the correct prompts that will take you through to the correct claims team.

john

johnasked

just got text home ins policy hom105892856 what is this for been waiting on phone for 30 minutes

Amanda B.
Amanda B.

Why are you asking me you moron

Fired Up
Fired Up

I don’t understand your question

Ryan A.Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance

Hey John, thank you for your question and we do apologize for the delay in getting back to you. Unfortunately we are not able to discuss personal policy details here so please contact our friendly customer service team via the phone at 1300 10 1234 or via live web chat through our website.

Cheryl

Cherylasked

Hi, trying to organise Home & Contents Insurance. Completed all details and requested purchase. Received this message,
"The requested URL was rejected. Please consult with your administrator.
Your support ID is: 16084609135762322655

What has happened? What do I need to do now!

Thanks Cheryl

Cheryl
Woolworth on line gets in your information and does not allow you to get the quote forces you to contact them in my case I called and had to wait a long time The service was so pathetic and misleading If at this stage they are found ripping cash and I do not trust when you request a claim either they will knock you off by some lame excuse my quote given was similar to Allianz Who have better standing in the market I would tell you get NRMA because at just $50 extra as they are the best in the market You can visit NRMA office directly face to face all the best do not go ever to these no frills brand even CBA

Ryan A.Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance

Hi Cheryl, thanks for your review about us and about your online quote experience. We apologise for any inconvenience caused and we are concerned that you have had this experience with us. We require some more information to assist you further. If you can please let us know your preferred contact number, state, and full name in a Private Message so that we can follow this up with you ASAP and help you with your insurance. Thank you.

Dans99

Don’t bother with Woolworths insurance. They are cheaper as they don’t honour claims that other insurance companies would. Their service is a joke and that if you even get any service if you happen to have 40 minutes to speak to someone.

David M.

David M.asked

Hi, I currently have landlord Insurance with Woolworths and have a claim in progress for water damage on an internal wall. After reading these reviews I will be keeping a very close eye on the whole process until completed.
P.S Not a good look for this Insurance Company..

Dans99

Hi David, totally agree. My father has never made a claim in 50 years only to have a fair claim knocked back for the garage roof falling due to high winds on his car and hobby gear in the garage. The house is maintained to a high level and in perfect condition. Yet Woolworths stated lack of maintenance. In no way did the plaster look like it was failing before this.

alxge56

Guys insurance claims are rejected even my last experience with commonwealth bank home insurance was declined as leaking roof garage blamed the builder and my insurance from CBA private top hospital cover declined my kidney cancer tumor surgery nephrotomy radical as preexisting condition It was case advance stage I do not recommend Woolworths or CBA
NRMA insurance is the best on the market maybe Allianz

Ryan A.Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance

Hi David M., thanks for your review about us and about your claims experience. We apologise for any inconvenience caused and we are concerned that you have had this experience with us. We require some more information to assist you further. If you can please let us know your preferred contact number, state, claim number and policy number in a Private Message so that we can follow this up with you ASAP. Thank you.

lija p.asked

HI, In our own house there is a gap developed between our foundation slab and perimeter concrete. the stormwater pipe broke as well, and it been checked by one of the plumbers, stating it can be because of stormwater accumulation underneath and making soil moving underneath the concrete, seems like perimeter need to take out, we got a gas pipe as well which I am suspecting whether it is going to be broken because of the movement, just wondering is Woolworth insurance going to cover anything if we need to re-concreting and fix the pipe , please let me know

Madoladi Inxs
Madoladi Inxs

I'm not with the insurance company you need to call the insurance company and ask them alternatively read your policy however it will be quicker to call them.

Ryan A.Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance

Hello Lija p. Thank you for that question and hopefully we can assist you quickly. In regards to your specific situation it is best to call us on 1300 10 1234 and one of our agents will go through all the details with you and will give you some indication into whether we can cover your instance or not.

Joy

Joyasked

Does your Standard House & Content Insurance include Public Liability?

Si Fei H.Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance

Hi Joy, thank you for your question. All our Home, Contents and Landlord Insurances include Legal Liability cover. While similar, it is not the same as Public Liability. Public Liability is for business activities. If you are looking for Public Liability for your business, we unfortunately do not offer this cover. Please contact the Insurance Council of Australia on 1300 728 228 to discuss insurers who can offer this type of insurance.

Mav

Mavasked

Are solar inverters damage by storm covered by insurance? Also can I use my solar installer to make a claim and install my new inverter?

Si Fei H.Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance

Hi Mav, thank you for your question. Unfortunately due to the claims nature of your question, it may be best to speak with our claims department to have a better understanding of whether your situation can be covered or not. Storm damage is an insurable event so please do give them a call to begin lodging your claim. Depending on the availability of repairers/installers in your area, they may insist on a preferred repairer/installer or allow you to use your own. You can contact our claims team on 1300 10 1234.

David G

David Gasked

Anyone know the direct email address for Woolworths house/contents insurance?

Si Fei H.Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance

Hi David, thank you for your question. In regards to your request, the email for our Home and Contents Insurance is customerservice@woolworthsinsurance.com.au

Kellie P.

Kellie P.asked

How do I find out how my claim is progressing without being on hold for over an hour please? Claim lodged in January 2019 for a slow leak that has become apparent in our house and had the report done but now nothing? We are not using the bathroom affected so my kids have no bath and with Winter approaching we really need some progress as this is getting unbearable as my husband does shift work! Please contact me directly kellie.pierre@hotmail.com thank you kindly. Any assistance is greatly appreciated! Kellie

Si Fei H.Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance

Hi Kellie, thank you for your question. The best way to contact our existing claims team is by calling 1300 10 1234. Alternatively you can email us at customerservice@woolworthsinsurance.com.au and we can forward your email to them. I will send you this information by your email as well.

Davlew

Davlewasked

My name is David Lewis of 74 Kurrajong Road Narre Warren 3805. I have car insurance, and home and contents cover with you also. I recently had window shutters installed on my windows, and was wondering if that my bring down the premium I pay each month by Direct Debit.
My email is [email removed]
I await your speedy reply
Sincerely David Lewis

Kerry
Kerry

David you would have to contact Woolworths I nsurance rhemselves. I have all my insurance with Woolworths I have had to make a claim from water damage they were fantastic however my Neighbour has a large company for her insurance and uts been a disgrace the way she has been treated. I am sure they will look after you.

Si Fei H.Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance

Hi David, thank you for your question. If you have changed your security features please update them on your policy with us. You can contact us by email at customerservice@woolworthsinsurance.com.au or by calling us on 1300 10 1234. Changing your security features can absolutely impact your premium.

Jared S

Jared Sasked

Shower sprung a leak under the wet area of the tiles shower. I only bought the house three months ago from a couple and the house now needs new wet area shower repairs. My wooden floor has been badly soaked and I got quoted 3k to tip tiles out, do new tray ...would Woolworths insurance cover this? The leak seems to be coming through tray and water proofing no signs of water leak in wall or pressure drop

Durds4

Durds4asked

What is the main difference between Comprehensive and Standard House and Contents Insurance? The price difference for me is about $400 so I am presuming a major difference

Margy
Margy

Woolworths has a chart to compare both, the comprehensive covers about 4 extra things, although our comprehensive cover didn’t help us with damage to a chair from sparks from our fireplace. They said the chair actually has to go up in flames!

Si Fei H.Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance

Hi Durds, thank you for your question. The main differences between our Standard and Comprehensive Home and Contents policies, is on Comprehensive, we will cover Accidental Damage and you will receive the additional benefits Contents in Transit and high coverage limits on various aspects of our cover.

Paula G

Paula Gasked

Is my solar hot water system covered under my insurance as its leaking water onto my rood?

Woolworths I.Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance

Hi Paula, thanks for asking this question about your leaking hot water system. You are most definitely covered for leaks caused by the bursting, leaking, discharge or overflow of water/liquids from your hot water system and we will pay up to $500 to search for the unknown source of a leaking pipe but only if the liquid from the leaking pipe is causing permanent damage to your building or contents. You are not covered for the cost to repair the item from which the water leaked or escaped or loss or damage caused by the gradual seepage of water or other liquids or an inadequate drainage system. You can read more about this in our PDS here: https://insurance.woolworths.com.au/content/dam/Woolworths/Insurance/Home/UsefulDocumentsHome/Woolworths_Home_Insurance_PDS.pdf We hope we've helped answer your questions.

Robert McNab

Do not use Woolworths Insurance.. Take it from experience. Broken pipe under the ground which destroyed our vanity and the floor to wall tiles and they would not cough up a cent. This company is also behind Real Insurance. Anything to do with Hollard Insurance stay away and stick to the Big well known Insurance Companies

Wendy

Wendyasked

How much to pay to insure for $100,000.00 house per year on line (after 30% off the on line application)?

Woolworths I.Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance

Hi Wendy, thanks for reaching out about a quote for our Home Insurance cover. Our quotes will vary from house to house, location to location and many other factors. You can most definitely go ahead and process a quote using our Online Quotation Tool here: https://insurance.woolworths.com.au/home-insurance/buildings-and-contents.html This process will only take 5-10 minutes and will provide you with an instant price for your Home Insurance. Alternatively, you can give our Home Insurance Sales Team a call on 1300 10 1234 from 8 AM to 8 PM AEST on weekdays and from 9 AM to 5 PM on weekends. We hope we've helped clear this up for you.

Stojance

Stojanceasked

Costing of house and contents insurance

Gary A
Gary A

Depends on your level of cover. Woolworths is very competitive for new customers because of the discounts they offer. They are less competitive for loyal existing customers.

Woolworths I.Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance

Hi Stojance, thanks for reaching out. The costs of our annual (or monthly premiums at no extra cost) can vary from location to location and house to house. Our prices are most definitely competitive, however, we wouldn't be able to give you an accurate answer without providing you with a quote. The good news is, we have a free Online Quotation Tool which you can use to calculate your annual premium and even purchase a policy. You can view this Quotation Tool on our website here: https://insurance.woolworths.com.au/home-insurance/buildings-and-contents.html - We hope we've helped answer your question.

Jonathan P

Jonathan Pasked

Looks like Woolworths home insurance covers you for floods but not if the water has 'seeped or percolated' into your home. So, does the water need to gush in to your home to make you eligible for cover? Is it possible that flood water could be at roof level but because it only seeped into your house you are not eligible for cover? Perhaps Hollard could clarify?

Andrew F.
Andrew F.

No idea. Never had a claim against WoW insurance..... Thank God!

Woolworths I.Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance

Hi Jonathan. Thanks very much for your question. We recommend that you give our Insurance Team a direct call on 1300 10 1234 as they will be able to further assist you and run you through our Home and Contents Insurance policy information. Thanks.

Robert McNab

Johnathon you are correct . Woolworths Insurance and Real Insurance are Hollard Insurance in disguise and they do not pay for the damage caused by a broken pipe under a tiled bathroom floor. Everyone don't be fooled by their low first year only premium because when you need to claim they duck and weave and you will get nothing

Stacey Ambrosoli

Stacey Ambrosoliasked

I am struggling to understand the main difference between your comprehensive insurance and standard insurance where most other providers only offer one option. For example, if a heater is left on while you are out and a fire starts, is this covered under either? Can you explain in lay terms where the biggest differences lie. Thank you.

Lyndon WWoolworths Home and Contents Insurance

Hi, thanks for your question, could you please send us a private message with your contact details so that we can arrange for one of our team to contact you and take you through a full explanation of our coverage options on offer. Thanks

Stacey Ambrosoli

Stacey Ambrosoliasked

Why are Woolworths reviews so bad? Are there a lot of hidden clauses which you use as loopholes not to pay claims. I'm about to move ALL my insurance over to you but very hesitant now.

Kevin V.Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance

Thanks for your enquiry. In short the answer is no. All providers have standard terms and conditions in their contracts of insurance. The clauses are mostly similar across all providers. The main issues are around duty of disclosure at the tme of setting up policies. Anyone who has declared and answered all the risk sections truthfully have been on this same site with positive 5 star reviews on the claims handling or service they received. In order to see if our cover is right for you please refer to our product disclosure statement. The link is https://insurance.woolworths.com.au/car-insurance/useful-documents.html. If you would like further peace of mind please contact our sales team on 1300 10 1234.

Robert McNab

Stay away from anything to do with Hollard Insurance which disguises itself as Woolworths Insurance and also Real Insurance. You would think a broken drain pipe under the tiles in a bathroom that seeped through the back of the tile and not only destroyed the floor and wall tiles but also the vanity would be covered by insurance. Claim declined.. Hollards aka Woolworths are the Gold Medalists in denying insurance claims.

BMW777

BMW777asked

Hi. I have MS and sometimes forget things. Is my mobile phone covered with my contents insurance if I lose it or break it. A friend of mine just went thru a very bad time with her Coles insurance on her lost phone. I don't want that to happen to me. Can you please reassure me or let me know what to do please?

Kevin V.Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance

Please refer to our product disclosure document , on page 34 and 42. https://insurance.woolworths.com.au/content/dam/Woolworths/Insurance/Home/UsefulDocumentsHome/Woolworths_Home%20Insurance-30-10-2015-PDS.pdf
Or call us on 1300 10 1234 if you would like to talk to a service agent. Thanks

Get an answer from our members and Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance representatives