1.0

• Claim Resolution Time<1 week (2), 1-2 weeks (1), 2-4 weeks (5), 1-2 months (3) and 3+ months (17)
  • Claim ApprovedYes · No (41)

Shameem V.

Shameem V.South Australia

Woolwoth insurance is joke.

Been with woolwoth for more then 4 years. I made my claim in mid july 2029 still no results, never heard anything back from them, Woolwoth is running a scam.be very careful.

Type of ClaimVandalism/Malicious Damage
Claim DateJuly 2020
Jia

JiaSydney, NSW

worst insurance ever

CLAIM NUMBER 1019838, my roof was leaking after a big storm. one month later they told me my claim has been declined. i have to pay someone else to fix my roof. what's the point to buy home insurance???? best joke ever.

Claim DateNovember 2020
Amanda P.Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance

The worst insurance I've ever had the displeasure of associating with in the 22 years of my life in Australia.

After 3 months, they still have not finalized the claim for my property. They have utterly wasted my time and energy. Phone call after phone call, they still can't come up with a solution, or even give a proper answer as to what they will do about it. They keep making false promises, that "they'd sort it out in a week", but 3 months on, still literally nothing has been done about it.

Don't become a victim of this vicious company. I have been shopping with Woolworths for the last 22 years and I have made the decision today I will never ever go to these diabolical snakes ever again. Feeling so sorry for the other reviewers, who are victims just like me. Please listen to us and never never never take this insurance.

Type of ClaimVandalism/Malicious Damage
Claim DateAugust 2020
Home and Contents Insurance

Find out how Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance compares to other Home and Contents Insurance

Dont waste your time and money! BEWARE!!!

What a joke!They will ignore you ,response time is slow,you cant talk to managers,terrible customer service,you cant email, they dispute claims. Do not use woolworth s insurance! Riped off!!! Please please please! Do not use them!!

Warning warning warning! Go else where!!

Danny Stainton
Danny Stainton
John

JohnSydney, NSW

ripped me off

I had Woolworths car and home insurance over a few years now. The first time I had to claim for it after the severe storms Woolworths insurance kept dragging. After 3 months they sent their assessors. I had fixed the issue by then. It was a leak in the roof. The assessors said that there was a PRE-EXISTING condition, which was about not there at all. They tried to contact me everyday after their quote to get this fixed. #Ripped #Woolworths Insurance # exetremely unhappy customer

Property TypeDuplex
Claim DateJanuary 2020

Utterly incompetent!!

I have had to engage the help of the Ombudsman as the insurance company (Under The Hollard Insurance Company) sent out a builder to assess damage and not an insurance assessor, therefore things that were damaged weren't listed because "that should be ok", well it wasn't 'ok'. Contents that were damaged wasn't listed or I was told "you can get that fixed"....Sorry but I pay insurance AND an excess for you to fix my Home and Contents. Will be leaving as soon as this all gets resolved......if they ever pull their finger out!!

Claim DateSeptember 2020
Paul

PaulGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Don’t be fooled by their initial cheap premiums

Sam

SamSydney, NSW

Do No Use Woolworth Home Insurance

My recent claim from the Feb NSW storms they declined my claim for my destroyed pool. After I was told on the phone it would be covered on the day. You want to contact them you need wait online for a min 1.5 hours. they don't respond to emails and for anything to happen takes at least 6 months!

Eugene Z.

Eugene Z.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very disappointed, poor customer service, switching to other insurance immediately

The claim takes almost 2 months to be finalised and ending up rejected. I need to follow up for so many times to get the update and outcome. I better pay more and get better service with a more credible insurance company.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateJune 2020

Komal SamadhGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

It’s rubbish insurance company , they are money maker that’s all

Never pick my call , all the time waiting
They declined my claim without inform me . Crap company . Don’t buy this crap company otherwise you will lost your money , they sent little kid to inspect our house lack of information he didn’t tell us anything and check the house and walk away

Claim DateMarch 2020

This Is crap company
They don’t have experienced person who can tell to customer what actually reason for it. They recruit only kid they don’t have enough knowledge to tell customers for reason for damage .

Zubair W.Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance

Absolute disgrace .. and waste of money I would put -5 stars if there was an option!!

I have had a claim in since March for hail damage to our pergola... still waiting on a response called many times and most of the time no one answers after an hour I hang up. I once got hold of "Claims superviser Aruna" who promised someone would review and contact me within 48 hours - well 3 weeks later and nothing. Its unethical and I tried going to the complaints section who have advised me that they have 45 days to review my case and advise if Woolworths are acting in accordance with insurance guidelines but they can't sort my issue.. so pointless. Now tried to ring Hollard ins (underwriter) phone just keeps ringing. Dont waste your money!

Claim DateMarch 2020
Bibin J.

Bibin J.

Poor customer service

Woolworths use a contractor called Restorex they come and knock door with out appointment. I never recommend Woolworths insurance.they are cheap for the first year then they increase never buy the policy with them.

Zubair W.Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance

They will not return your calls. They will not return your emails. They will do nothing.

In January our house was struck by lightning and caught fire. It is now uninhabitable. Five months later we still do not know when anything will be done. Every scrap of information is dragged from them after waiting on hold for over an hour.
They will not return your calls. They will not return your emails. They will not answer your call in under an hour.
Our next step is legal action.
If you value your home, what's in it and your mental health, avoid this company.

Type of ClaimLightning
Claim DateJanuary 2020
thf

thfGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Dont be fooled

Quick and easy to take your money but if you have a claim is ridiculous hold on the line for ages only to be cut off. No complaint phone number same as the number you have been holding on. Will keep transferring to other operators only to be cut off. First lodged claim at night got through only to find they are based in South Africa. Do not have dealings with this company not Australian based very misleading. Still waiting for some idea as to when the claim is going to be approved or work started. Will cancel at first chance please dont be fooled like I was.

Type of ClaimImpact at Home

Deserve zero stars

Raised our claim 21/3. After me making contact with them 8 times our claim is still nowhere closer to being finalised. I have re-sent photos 3 times.

Do NOT go with Woolworths Insurance.

Type of ClaimTheft and Vandalism/Malicious Damage

Girish

GirishPerth, WA

No response from the insurer

I made a claim on Monday 20/04/2020. I was advised that an agent will contact me and come over for the inspection. Today is Friday 24/04/2020 and no one from the insurance company has contacted me for inspection.

Claim DateApril 2020
Simon

SimonPerth, WA

Winner - Worst Insurance Ever - AVOID AVOID AVOID

Have been waiting for Woolworths insurance to process my claim for over 62 days. 15 phone calls over the last 3 weeks hasn’t even resulted in a decision being made. Woolies blames claims central for holding up the process, claims central blames Woolies. There is no way to further advance my claim. There processes are purely designed to delay and deny your claim. Avoid Woolworths insurance at all costs.

PeterSydney, NSW

Pathetic in every way

Brock B.Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance
James beleno

James belenoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst insurance company EVER!!

Claim DateDecember 2019
Elisabeth L.Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance

Hi James, thanks for reaching out to us, we apologise for the delay in having your claim settled. We would like to assist you further and have sent you a private message. We are looking forward to hearing from you soon, thank you.

pharris64

pharris64Sydney, NSW

Don't argue just report them to AFCA

During a storm 6 months ago out roof and shed were damaged. Hundreds of litres of water inundated the ceiling and affected electricals. Being busy I paid the excess and left the repair to Hollard to arrange. The first tradesman they sent was not licenced to carry out the job. They removed that company then allocated another that dragged their feet for 5 months. When the other company did not complete Hollard offered a cash settlement that would not finish the job. Reported to AFCA and will take them to court.

Claim DateSeptember 2019
AKM TAHREERUR R.Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance
See all Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance reviews

Diana

Dianaasked

Are solar panels covered under Woolworths House and Content Insurance?

Elisabeth L.Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance

Hi Diana, thank you for reaching out to us and we would like to apologise for the delay in response. Solar panels are covered under our policy cover, If they are installed on your home the value can be included in the overall Building Sum Insured amount. If you need any assistance please reach out to us through our Live Chat service on our website https://insurance.woolworths.com.au/ where one of our Customer Service Representatives are available via web chat from 8.30am - 7.30pm weekdays and 9.30am to 4.30pm on weekends.

Lutz

Lutzasked

How come no one is answering when I call about my insurance claim
Trying to call since last Wednesday every time I’m waiting for over an hour today I’ve been waiting for 2 hours and no one takes the call!!!!
This is absolutely unacceptable!!!
How do I get to talk to anyone???
HELP!!!!!!!!

Helen Platkowski
Helen Platkowski

I had the same problem, finally spoke to a lovely girl her name is Anisy....was very helpful....I hope our issue will be resolved this week...

Jay P.
Jay P.

Hello All,

customers of this insurance company know how unprofessional and useless it is.
for those interested let us start a class action with ACCC

Customer Service RepWoolworths Home and Contents Insurance

Hey Lutz,
Thank you for getting in contact.
We are sorry for any inconvenience this process may have caused.
As you are probably aware with everything thats going on, our claims department is in high demand at the moment. The correct number to get in contact with the claims department is 1300 10 12 34 and follow the correct prompts that will take you through to the correct claims team.

john

johnasked

just got text home ins policy hom105892856 what is this for been waiting on phone for 30 minutes

Amanda B.
Amanda B.

Why are you asking me you moron

Fired Up
Fired Up

I don’t understand your question

Ryan A.Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance

Hey John, thank you for your question and we do apologize for the delay in getting back to you. Unfortunately we are not able to discuss personal policy details here so please contact our friendly customer service team via the phone at 1300 10 1234 or via live web chat through our website.

Get an answer from our members and Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance representatives

CategoryHome and Contents Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Car, Funeral, Home and Contents, Landlord, Life, Pet and Travel