Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance

Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance (page 2 of 17)

• Claim Resolution Time<1 week (3), 1-2 weeks (6), 2-4 weeks (9), 1-2 months (13) and 3+ months (36)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (36) · No (41)

S WalkerPerth, WA

Very long wait times to speak to Anyone!

I have time to write this as it is now over 65 mins and still no attention to my call. Recently I have had the unfortunate necessity to need to contact Woolworths insurance. EVERY time it has taken over 30min before my call is answered and twice now I have had to be transferred as that person is not trained in that area even though I called number as advised on the top of my policy.

Heath

HeathSouth East Queensland, QLD

Money Hungry, NO CUSTOMER SERVICE

Trying to change my address after moving house. Was on hold for 19 minutes before I hung up and now waited 22 minutes for someone to attend online chat, I was then told it could be done on chat but would take 45 minutes or I would have to call back!!! So it’s bye bye useless Woolworthless Insurance

Coverage TypeContents Only
catchiqui

catchiqui

Months later 10% discount still not working

Coverage TypeContents Only
Home and Contents Insurance

Find out how Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance compares to other Home and Contents Insurance

Paul

PaulGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Don’t be fooled by their initial cheap premiums

LeanneSydney, NSW

They don't allow you to cancel your direct debit

Johnpaul

JohnpaulSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fantastic Service

I'd highly recommend Woolworths Insurance as they covered all contents impacted in my claim and my claim was looked into promptly and repairs performed on time.
They were quite accomodative during Covid19 pandemic and mine was completed in a month.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Type of ClaimImpact at Home
Claim DateApril 2020
Elisabeth L.Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance

Hi Johnpaul, thanks for sharing your feedback, we are so pleased to hear your claim was settled promptly and when we get feedback like this it enables us to thank our team members for a job well done. Thank you for choosing Woolworths Insurance.

Krisp

KrispPerth, WA

Ripped off!

Insured my iPhone it’s clearly on page 7. I have been with this company for five years first time I’ve made a claim and was told my phone isn’t for accidental breakage make sure you dont Get the standard cover, I was told over the phone it would be insured. $1,600 down the drain!Totally scammed

Elisabeth L.Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance

Hi Krisp, thanks for getting in touch with us about our coverage. We're sorry for any inconvience caused and have passed on your feedback to the relevant department. Thank you.

Woolworths Beware: This is definitely Fraudulent activity by a big player - be careful!

1st premium Was cheap (Online) then ramps by 50% next yr without any reason- automatically as well..Then spent equivalent of 4hrs trying, to contact by phone- 1hr 30mins was the longest in one try, then cut off..I have sent emails - with Robo reply’s asking to ring the 1300 number..Next step ombudsman.

Robert S.

Again today another 50 mins trying to get through, what a disgraceful organisation, please let everyone know.

Albert

AlbertSouth East Queensland, QLD

Telephone service is shocking have to wait hours

Have called regarding my home and content.
Spoke to some and quoted your own reference yet the person who answered said no number like that existed. I am an existing customer and need to speak to some one as I am about to cancell my home and contents with you.

BEWARE

I cancelled my Woolworths insurance policy because the premiums increased too much. After calling them and waiting for over 30 minutes they agreed to cancel my policy. Suddenly 18 months later I start receiving text messages telling me my policy is about to be renewed! After calling and waiting about 15 minutes Josh answered the call and tells me that Woolworths never cancelled the policy! I demanded a hard copy written apology with a signature and refund of any and all monies extracted from my account without my permission. It seems Woolworths still had a copy of my original email cancellation as well!

Coverage TypeHome Only
Shiv K.

Shiv K.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Worst experience

Paid for highest valued fully accidental policy cover. Agents mentioned all accidental damage are covered. so transferred all policies just to know they won't cover accidental damage of mobiles phones. on top of that, $100 gift card promotion is not that easy. you have to chase up at least 20 times. their chat response time is shocking. at times, they take 2hrs to respond to one single question yet, if you take 1min to respond, they'll close your chat and you have to start all over again.

VolkanSydney, NSW

Disgrace Of An Insurance Company

Loyal Customer of Several Years
Paid Annual Premium Upfront.
Made A Claim.
Paid Excess
No Work Actioned Or Any Communication In 6 Months
Tried Calling x 5 , Emailing x 2, Online Chat x 3 - No Call Backs, No Communication.
Just A Cash Grab.
Disgrace Of An Insurance Company

Coverage TypeHome Only
Sam

SamSydney, NSW

Do No Use Woolworth Home Insurance

My recent claim from the Feb NSW storms they declined my claim for my destroyed pool. After I was told on the phone it would be covered on the day. You want to contact them you need wait online for a min 1.5 hours. they don't respond to emails and for anything to happen takes at least 6 months!

Eugene Z.

Eugene Z.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very disappointed, poor customer service, switching to other insurance immediately

The claim takes almost 2 months to be finalised and ending up rejected. I need to follow up for so many times to get the update and outcome. I better pay more and get better service with a more credible insurance company.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateJune 2020

Komal SamadhGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

It’s rubbish insurance company , they are money maker that’s all

Never pick my call , all the time waiting
They declined my claim without inform me . Crap company . Don’t buy this crap company otherwise you will lost your money , they sent little kid to inspect our house lack of information he didn’t tell us anything and check the house and walk away

Claim DateMarch 2020

This Is crap company
They don’t have experienced person who can tell to customer what actually reason for it. They recruit only kid they don’t have enough knowledge to tell customers for reason for damage .

Home and Contents Insurance

Absolute disgrace .. and waste of money I would put -5 stars if there was an option!!

I have had a claim in since March for hail damage to our pergola... still waiting on a response called many times and most of the time no one answers after an hour I hang up. I once got hold of "Claims superviser Aruna" who promised someone would review and contact me within 48 hours - well 3 weeks later and nothing. Its unethical and I tried going to the complaints section who have advised me that they have 45 days to review my case and advise if Woolworths are acting in accordance with insurance guidelines but they can't sort my issue.. so pointless. Now tried to ring Hollard ins (underwriter) phone just keeps ringing. Dont waste your money!

Claim DateMarch 2020

Gary H.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Unresponsive. Farms out claim processing to a company that can only handle part of the claim.

Claim DateJanuary 2020
Gary H.

Update: Responded to an email from many months ago not long after this review, then nothing else in the last two months.

Farheen A.Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance
Bibin J.

Bibin J.

Poor customer service

Woolworths use a contractor called Restorex they come and knock door with out appointment. I never recommend Woolworths insurance.they are cheap for the first year then they increase never buy the policy with them.

Type of ClaimEscape of Liquid
Boades

BoadesSydney, NSW

Isn’t it funny

Isn’t it funny how when you purchase their insurance they take your payment instantaneously yet if you cancel or get a refund of same policy it takes them 2 weeks to get your money back. Pure greed and poor service.

jcodey24

jcodey24South East Queensland, QLD

We have almost completed a storm damage claim and I have to say the service from Woolworths Insurance has been nothing short of amazing from start to finish. Claim Central organised the repair which involved carpentry, painting and finally floor polishing. Yes it was a process but I would highly recommend based on our experience.

Claim DateDecember 2019
Zubair W.Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance

Hi jcodey24, thank you for the review. We aim to provide an excellent experience for all our customers, and we’re happy to hear your claims experience was positive. Thank you.

See all Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance reviews

Diana

Dianaasked

Are solar panels covered under Woolworths House and Content Insurance?

Elisabeth L.Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance

Hi Diana, thank you for reaching out to us and we would like to apologise for the delay in response. Solar panels are covered under our policy cover, If they are installed on your home the value can be included in the overall Building Sum Insured amount. If you need any assistance please reach out to us through our Live Chat service on our website https://insurance.woolworths.com.au/ where one of our Customer Service Representatives are available via web chat from 8.30am - 7.30pm weekdays and 9.30am to 4.30pm on weekends.

Lutz

Lutzasked

How come no one is answering when I call about my insurance claim
Trying to call since last Wednesday every time I’m waiting for over an hour today I’ve been waiting for 2 hours and no one takes the call!!!!
This is absolutely unacceptable!!!
How do I get to talk to anyone???
HELP!!!!!!!!

Helen Platkowski
Helen Platkowski

I had the same problem, finally spoke to a lovely girl her name is Anisy....was very helpful....I hope our issue will be resolved this week...

Jay P.
Jay P.

Hello All,

customers of this insurance company know how unprofessional and useless it is.
for those interested let us start a class action with ACCC

Customer Service RepWoolworths Home and Contents Insurance

Hey Lutz,
Thank you for getting in contact.
We are sorry for any inconvenience this process may have caused.
As you are probably aware with everything thats going on, our claims department is in high demand at the moment. The correct number to get in contact with the claims department is 1300 10 12 34 and follow the correct prompts that will take you through to the correct claims team.

john

johnasked

just got text home ins policy hom105892856 what is this for been waiting on phone for 30 minutes

Amanda B.
Amanda B.

Why are you asking me you moron

Fired Up
Fired Up

I don’t understand your question

Ryan A.Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance

Hey John, thank you for your question and we do apologize for the delay in getting back to you. Unfortunately we are not able to discuss personal policy details here so please contact our friendly customer service team via the phone at 1300 10 1234 or via live web chat through our website.

Get an answer from our members and Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance representatives

CategoryHome and Contents Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Car, Funeral, Home and Contents, Landlord, Life, Pet and Travel