Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance

Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance (page 3 of 17)

• Claim Resolution Time<1 week (3), 1-2 weeks (6), 2-4 weeks (9), 1-2 months (13) and 3+ months (37)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (37) · No (41)

Boades

BoadesSydney, NSW

Isn’t it funny

Isn’t it funny how when you purchase their insurance they take your payment instantaneously yet if you cancel or get a refund of same policy it takes them 2 weeks to get your money back. Pure greed and poor service.

jcodey24

jcodey24South East Queensland, QLD

We have almost completed a storm damage claim and I have to say the service from Woolworths Insurance has been nothing short of amazing from start to finish. Claim Central organised the repair which involved carpentry, painting and finally floor polishing. Yes it was a process but I would highly recommend based on our experience.

Zubair W.Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance

Hi jcodey24, thank you for the review. We aim to provide an excellent experience for all our customers, and we’re happy to hear your claims experience was positive. Thank you.

They will not return your calls. They will not return your emails. They will do nothing.

In January our house was struck by lightning and caught fire. It is now uninhabitable. Five months later we still do not know when anything will be done. Every scrap of information is dragged from them after waiting on hold for over an hour.
They will not return your calls. They will not return your emails. They will not answer your call in under an hour.
Our next step is legal action.
If you value your home, what's in it and your mental health, avoid this company.

Home and Contents Insurance

Find out how Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance compares to other Home and Contents Insurance

thf

thfGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Dont be fooled

Quick and easy to take your money but if you have a claim is ridiculous hold on the line for ages only to be cut off. No complaint phone number same as the number you have been holding on. Will keep transferring to other operators only to be cut off. First lodged claim at night got through only to find they are based in South Africa. Do not have dealings with this company not Australian based very misleading. Still waiting for some idea as to when the claim is going to be approved or work started. Will cancel at first chance please dont be fooled like I was.

Unhappy Customer

Unhappy CustomerVictoria

Woolworth Landlord Insurance SCAM

Graham

GrahamSydney

Agent of overseas insurer

I purchased a contents policy with Woolworths and found after reading the document they were in fact an agent of a South African Insurer. I would rather keep my money in Australia. If there is a dispute does Australian Commercial Law apply or are we subject to dealing with an overseas insurer

EricSouth East Queensland, QLD

Making it difficult for a policy holder

House and contents cover due for renewal within a few days and I wanted to switch from monthly payments to a one-off annual payment. Couldn't be done, I was told, except by cancelling the original cover and starting afresh, taking at least 15 - 20 minutes on the phone, I was again told. I don't have 15 to 20 minutes to waste going through old stuff all on file and unchanged in every respect.

Not happy, Woolies!

Eric

just FYI, I did endeavour to make the change prior to the renewal date.

Robert

Robert

Inflexible and jacked up premium on renewal

Clem

Clem

Just Awful. Please read this as a warning!

Awful. Don't do it. It's been over 7 months and I still have a damaged vanity from a burst pipe. Countless hours being on hold and emails going no where for multiple issues along the way, very difficult communication. I've been told I'm finally getting a cash settlement direct deposited which still won't cover the cost to repair but at this point I'm exhausted. Its been 2 months and I still have to call and email them weekly getting told the same thing and still seeing no money!??.... initial claim was October 2019. I dont know if its incompetence, lack of care or just terrible communication between their staff.. but I cant wait to make the switch. Please re think their cheap prices as it comes with very poor service!

StevePerth, WA

Storm insurance claim

The claim process was slow and cumbersome. I had to follow up several times to find out the status of my claim. I asked to escalate my grievance. I did not receive a reply. The amount offered was woefully short of the amount required to fix the fence. It took 10 days to receive an approval to pay out my claim. In comparison my neighbours insurance payed out within 48 hours. You only know how good your insurance is when you actually have to make a claim. It would appear you get what you pay for including insurance.

Steve

I have sent in my policy number and mob phone. This reply is typical to how I feel about Woolworths Insurance. The report was submitted over 2 months ago and you have only just got back to me yesterday.

Do not auto renew!

Seemed ok for first year, then raised price by 50%. Blamed 10% on bushfires, 20% expired discount and 20% stop-asking-questions.
Complaints department shuttered due to coronavirus. Saved $700 by going elsewhere.

Waiting2020

Waiting2020Perth, WA

Worst Insurance Company Ever

Initially they are cheap but the following year they were back up to the same as any other company. We lodged a claim on our house prior to Christmas and it took until February before the claim was rejected. The independent claims tribunal overturned the decision in March and it is now May with very little progress at all. As soon as the claim is finalized we will be switching companies as I couldn't go through the +1 hour waits on the phone to speak to someone again. Absolutely pathetic.

Deserve zero stars

Raised our claim 21/3. After me making contact with them 8 times our claim is still nowhere closer to being finalised. I have re-sent photos 3 times.

Do NOT go with Woolworths Insurance.

Josh W.

Josh W.Perth, WA

A Number Not a Person and definitely not a Customer.

• +2

LinhGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Horrible service

Logged a claim for water damage on the roof , Claim number 985240 , 3 weeks ago , the water is still flooded the ceiling every time it rains , running down into the floor, until now I haven't got the response .

Call the 1300 .. number for update . after spending 10mins on l the unnecessary options,/ announcement .. get into the right session , but its still on hold , no one answer for almost 30 mins now ..

Not sure anyone else experience the same or not . I'm frustrated it , horrible service,
I think I should switch to other even through it is little more expensive .

For those Woolworth managers out there , are you ever considering servicing your customer ???

Farheen A.Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance

Kenny

Kenny

Great customer service

We had some damage to our patio and external wall due to storm damage in October of last year. We contacted Woolworth home insurance and they gave me a direct contact of my claim assessor and the claim was made a lot easier. A lot of the contact was online via me sending photos of the damage, and it was a smooth process. They process the claim in a very timely manner and were really helpful to deal with. I have just renewed my home and contents with them based on the service they gave me.

Girish

GirishPerth, WA

No response from the insurer

I made a claim on Monday 20/04/2020. I was advised that an agent will contact me and come over for the inspection. Today is Friday 24/04/2020 and no one from the insurance company has contacted me for inspection.

Nathan

NathanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worst Customer Service

I don't even know if they have a customer service team at this point, they haven't replied to any of my e-mails.
going on 3 weeks with no response, i've sent 3 follow up e-mails after receiving confirmation my policy is going up by 26%

Absolutely disgusted by Woolworthes, never again will i insurre or shop with this company.

Hello Coles!

Simon

SimonPerth, WA

Winner - Worst Insurance Ever - AVOID AVOID AVOID

Have been waiting for Woolworths insurance to process my claim for over 62 days. 15 phone calls over the last 3 weeks hasn’t even resulted in a decision being made. Woolies blames claims central for holding up the process, claims central blames Woolies. There is no way to further advance my claim. There processes are purely designed to delay and deny your claim. Avoid Woolworths insurance at all costs.

Marianne17South East Queensland, QLD

Worst insurance Ever!!!!

Marianne17

And it only took 3 months for you to respond???? Really poor service!

Farheen A.Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance
See all Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance reviews

Diana

Dianaasked

Are solar panels covered under Woolworths House and Content Insurance?

Elisabeth L.Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance

Hi Diana, thank you for reaching out to us and we would like to apologise for the delay in response. Solar panels are covered under our policy cover, If they are installed on your home the value can be included in the overall Building Sum Insured amount. If you need any assistance please reach out to us through our Live Chat service on our website https://insurance.woolworths.com.au/ where one of our Customer Service Representatives are available via web chat from 8.30am - 7.30pm weekdays and 9.30am to 4.30pm on weekends.

Lutz

Lutzasked

How come no one is answering when I call about my insurance claim
Trying to call since last Wednesday every time I’m waiting for over an hour today I’ve been waiting for 2 hours and no one takes the call!!!!
This is absolutely unacceptable!!!
How do I get to talk to anyone???
HELP!!!!!!!!

Helen Platkowski
Helen Platkowski

I had the same problem, finally spoke to a lovely girl her name is Anisy....was very helpful....I hope our issue will be resolved this week...

Jay P.
Jay P.

Hello All,

customers of this insurance company know how unprofessional and useless it is.
for those interested let us start a class action with ACCC

Customer Service RepWoolworths Home and Contents Insurance

Hey Lutz,
Thank you for getting in contact.
We are sorry for any inconvenience this process may have caused.
As you are probably aware with everything thats going on, our claims department is in high demand at the moment. The correct number to get in contact with the claims department is 1300 10 12 34 and follow the correct prompts that will take you through to the correct claims team.

john

johnasked

just got text home ins policy hom105892856 what is this for been waiting on phone for 30 minutes

Amanda B.
Amanda B.

Why are you asking me you moron

Fired Up
Fired Up

I don’t understand your question

Ryan A.Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance

Hey John, thank you for your question and we do apologize for the delay in getting back to you. Unfortunately we are not able to discuss personal policy details here so please contact our friendly customer service team via the phone at 1300 10 1234 or via live web chat through our website.

Get an answer from our members and Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance representatives

CategoryHome and Contents Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Car, Funeral, Home and Contents, Landlord, Life, Pet and Travel