Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance

Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance (page 4 of 17)

• Claim Resolution Time<1 week (3), 1-2 weeks (6), 2-4 weeks (9), 1-2 months (13) and 3+ months (36)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (36) · No (41)

Nightmare experience

I first lodged a claim on 1 Oct 2019 for water damage. I am no where nearing a resolution now, (9 April 2020) then I was back in October.
Woolworths contracts out to another organisation to do the assessment, and it appears these 2 organisations do not communicate well!
Also I have sent emails which have remained answered - and I needed to follow-up several times. When I speak to people on the phone, it's been hours of my life that I will never get back, and it seems that I and the person answering their phones are speaking different languages!
Do yourself a favour and do NOT arrange home insurance through Woolworths.

Elisabeth L.Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance

Hi Jane, we apologise for the delay you've experienced in contacting us about your claim. We have sent you a private message so we can assist you further. We look forward to hearing from you, thank you.

Worst customer service.

It’s not at all worth.
I had woollies insurance for 2 years, never claimed anything but when i had really incident and I made claim. They don’t follow up plus you need to wait for at least 1 hour to talk to human being.
It’s crap experience, never will go back to wollies insurance for anything.

Zubair W.Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance

No fuss or drama in processing claim

After I had supplied all of the required information, my claim was processed quickly with no fuss whatsoever and the money appeared in my bank account instantly. It was so easy & convenient to lodge a claim.

Zubair W.Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance

Hi Lise, thank you for the review. We aim to provide an excellent claims experience for all our customers, and we’re happy to hear we hit the mark for you on this occasion. Thank you.

Home and Contents Insurance

Find out how Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance compares to other Home and Contents Insurance

Horrible Customer Service

camila c.

camila c.Sydney, NSW

Customer service is good!

I have recently requested to change my mortgagee information for my refinancing application and it was immediately processed! I have not made any claim on my home insurance (i hope that i will never be) and I'll continue with Woolworth service given that I always get a great customer experirnce with their Support team.

Zubair W.Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance

Hi Camila, thank you for the review. We are pleased to hear of your positive experienced with Woolworths Insurance. We aim to continue providing this level of service to all our customers and for every interaction. Thank you.

Jim

JimSydney

Long wait times and premium default increase 20% per year

The policy was good value in year one, when you complete online.
However, default renewal is increase cost by 20%!!!

Call up to cancel policy and long wait time of 40 minutes!!!

Do not choose Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance

AKM TAHREERUR R.Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance

Not even a hint of customer service.

While the policy was cheap, and the payout eventually happened, it took 10 weeks, and me having to call them every step of the way to prompt them about the next step. I honestly believe that if I did not call them every week, nothing would ever have happened. All in all, I spent around 40 hours on hold with this company. And every time I got through to someone, they are like "How can I help you today?" - Maybe just do your job!

Alan I.
Alan I.

I don't have a spare 3 hours to call you to continue to complain.

pharris64

pharris64Sydney, NSW

Don't argue just report them to AFCA

During a storm 6 months ago out roof and shed were damaged. Hundreds of litres of water inundated the ceiling and affected electricals. Being busy I paid the excess and left the repair to Hollard to arrange. The first tradesman they sent was not licenced to carry out the job. They removed that company then allocated another that dragged their feet for 5 months. When the other company did not complete Hollard offered a cash settlement that would not finish the job. Reported to AFCA and will take them to court.

Racquel and DennisSydney, NSW

Woolworths Home Insurance cancel our policy without us notifying!!!

Farheen A.Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance

m8

m8Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Call Centre takes over an hour to get through every time ...BUT since improved

moe

moeSydney, NSW

Rubbish Rubbish Rubbish

Do not waste you money on this insurance, ok they might be cheaper but they never answer the phone or call you back. might as well pay that little extra and get the right service you need.

ers

ersSydney, NSW

on hold for hours , with no answer

i've put in a claim for storm damage over 6 weeks ago with no reply or answer.
i have been on the phone 4 times and each time over an hour on hold with no answer . they make it so easy to take your money yet try putting in a claim and get an answer . i got on the phone again today and still on hold after 58 minutes

AKM TAHREERUR R.Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance

Don't care about customers woolworths only want your $$$

Been holding the line to talk to someone from the claims team roughly a total of 5 hours!!! usually for an hour at a time with NO AWNSER!!!

They are happy to take your money but when you have a legitimate claim they don't want to know you

What a joke

NoLoyaltyToAnyBank

NoLoyaltyToAnyBankMelbourne

AVOID! AVOID! AVOID!

Their online chat 'feature' does not work and the wait time on the phone when I called on Saturday was 48 minutes!

I have a simple request, not a claim and I shudder to think how you would get in contact with them in the event of something catastrophic!

Oh and you cannot pay your renewal by credit card!

I am definitely moving on.

Adam

Adam

A scam. Not a real insurance company!

After being with Woolworths insurance for the last 5 years they are doing everything in their power to avoid paying our claim.
They won't cover parts of our roof that were damaged in a recent hail storm. Each time I call them I get told that the damage was not in the report from John Lyngs Group (their building company). I call the John Lyngs and they say "Woolworths don't want to cover it".
We've been getting the run around for nearly 6 weeks and our roof is probably leaking water.

Avoid at all costs!!

This is a scam!!

rose

roseGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Cannot get in contact with anyone with claim follow up!

So far I have been on hold for 1.5h! Their automatic reply from emailing them says they will contact me within 5 business days. Ahhh no, they just ignore emails. Absolute joke! I guess this is why they are so cheap...... Paying for nothing at all would be cheap! (But should obviously be free).

Leah Donovan

Leah DonovanPerth, WA

Hopeless communication, fobbed off to a third party who basically told lies

Customer Service RepWoolworths Home and Contents Insurance

Worst of the worst..BEWARE

Absolute pain to deal with.. AMATEUR
Unfriendly... THIEVIES IN DISGUISE
They are reluctant to pay and call gets disconnected very conviniently during selection menu. Very sly mob steer away. Hate it

Dabs

DabsSydney, NSW

Very friendly staff who don't tell you the truth.

Zubair W.Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance

totally disappointed with response to our claim

Our claim was refused after being told a few weeks ago that everything was fine, the roof will be repaired and the lounge room painted. They also told us that the roof was made water tight while they would send a roof plumber....waiting on the phone today for 2 hours and then being told by this person who didn't know what he was talking about that our claim was denied. This whole procedure was totally unprofessional.

See all Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance reviews

Diana

Dianaasked

Are solar panels covered under Woolworths House and Content Insurance?

Elisabeth L.Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance

Hi Diana, thank you for reaching out to us and we would like to apologise for the delay in response. Solar panels are covered under our policy cover, If they are installed on your home the value can be included in the overall Building Sum Insured amount. If you need any assistance please reach out to us through our Live Chat service on our website https://insurance.woolworths.com.au/ where one of our Customer Service Representatives are available via web chat from 8.30am - 7.30pm weekdays and 9.30am to 4.30pm on weekends.

Lutz

Lutzasked

How come no one is answering when I call about my insurance claim
Trying to call since last Wednesday every time I’m waiting for over an hour today I’ve been waiting for 2 hours and no one takes the call!!!!
This is absolutely unacceptable!!!
How do I get to talk to anyone???
HELP!!!!!!!!

Helen Platkowski
Helen Platkowski

I had the same problem, finally spoke to a lovely girl her name is Anisy....was very helpful....I hope our issue will be resolved this week...

Jay P.
Jay P.

Hello All,

customers of this insurance company know how unprofessional and useless it is.
for those interested let us start a class action with ACCC

Customer Service RepWoolworths Home and Contents Insurance

Hey Lutz,
Thank you for getting in contact.
We are sorry for any inconvenience this process may have caused.
As you are probably aware with everything thats going on, our claims department is in high demand at the moment. The correct number to get in contact with the claims department is 1300 10 12 34 and follow the correct prompts that will take you through to the correct claims team.

john

johnasked

just got text home ins policy hom105892856 what is this for been waiting on phone for 30 minutes

Amanda B.
Amanda B.

Why are you asking me you moron

Fired Up
Fired Up

I don’t understand your question

Ryan A.Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance

Hey John, thank you for your question and we do apologize for the delay in getting back to you. Unfortunately we are not able to discuss personal policy details here so please contact our friendly customer service team via the phone at 1300 10 1234 or via live web chat through our website.

Get an answer from our members and Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance representatives

CategoryHome and Contents Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Car, Funeral, Home and Contents, Landlord, Life, Pet and Travel