Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance

• Claim Resolution Time<1 week (2), 1-2 weeks (2), 2-4 weeks (7), 1-2 months (9) and 3+ months (34)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (24) · No (40)

UnhappyCustomer

UnhappyCustomerGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Just frustrating and unprofessional

Takes ages to do anything, when it comes to claims or refund. Extremely unprofessional and somehow if the client doesn't follow up, the whole things goes un-noticed. May be it's a deliberate attempt by the insurer to make $$$. However when it comes to grabbing the money from the client, they are spot on with their timing !!

Am definitely switching in my next renewal.

Claim ApprovedYes
Shameem V.

Shameem V.South Australia

Woolwoth insurance is joke.

Been with woolwoth for more then 4 years. I made my claim in mid july 2029 still no results, never heard anything back from them, Woolwoth is running a scam.be very careful.

Type of ClaimVandalism/Malicious Damage
Claim DateJuly 2020
Jia

JiaSydney, NSW

worst insurance ever

CLAIM NUMBER 1019838, my roof was leaking after a big storm. one month later they told me my claim has been declined. i have to pay someone else to fix my roof. what's the point to buy home insurance???? best joke ever.

Claim DateNovember 2020
Home and Contents Insurance

Find out how Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance compares to other Home and Contents Insurance

My premium went up 25%

My premium went up 25% for renewal and when I called they wanted me to go through a phone quote again to see if it is cheaper?!? Why not just look after your customers and give the proper renewal price? No effort was made to try and keep me on as a customer.

Sara C.

Sara C.Perth, WA

Disgusting behaviour. They decline to renew your policy once you've made a claim.

My renewal came up this year and they have declined to renew based on 2 previous claims, one for a wedding ring I lost in 2018 and then a burst pipe in 2019. Isn't that what I pay my insurance for and have been over the previous 4 years?? Now trying to find a reasonably priced policy now that I have to disclose my claims history - thanks Woolworths, absolutely disgusted with you.

Amanda P.Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance

The worst insurance I've ever had the displeasure of associating with in the 22 years of my life in Australia.

After 3 months, they still have not finalized the claim for my property. They have utterly wasted my time and energy. Phone call after phone call, they still can't come up with a solution, or even give a proper answer as to what they will do about it. They keep making false promises, that "they'd sort it out in a week", but 3 months on, still literally nothing has been done about it.

Don't become a victim of this vicious company. I have been shopping with Woolworths for the last 22 years and I have made the decision today I will never ever go to these diabolical snakes ever again. Feeling so sorry for the other reviewers, who are victims just like me. Please listen to us and never never never take this insurance.

Type of ClaimVandalism/Malicious Damage
Claim DateAugust 2020
Elisabeth L.Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance

Dont waste your time and money! BEWARE!!!

What a joke!They will ignore you ,response time is slow,you cant talk to managers,terrible customer service,you cant email, they dispute claims. Do not use woolworth s insurance! Riped off!!! Please please please! Do not use them!!

Warning warning warning! Go else where!!

Type of ClaimEscape of Liquid
Danny Stainton
Danny Stainton

terrible service

Have recently renewed house and contents insurance with Woolworths. After 3 phone calls I think my partner is now finally on the policy. Changed it from yearly deductions to monthly but the full yearly lump some was deducted. On hold for 1 hour still no one has answered

BanyekWestern Australia

Doubled premium, ignored cancellation

Banyek

Did you even read my review? I provided my policy number. Surely you can find my contact details based on that. You sure don't seem to have issues contacting me other times.

Banyek

Woolworth Home And Content Insurance still hasn't made contact until now. Please share this so that more people will be aware which insurance company not to use.

Worst Insurance Company/Service

One Star is being too generous. I experienced Storm Damage (fence came down) Shade Sail (Professionally installed, in good condition prior to the storm) was ripped, pool cover blown away. They are offering me $160.00 towards the repairs. It's a joke. This has been going on since late May. It took over a month to respond to emails or not at all. I had to find invoices of the install to prove it was done by a professional company, which I did finally manage to email them copies. Phoning them means a 10min+ wait time, then they offer to call back. Still waiting. I've asked them to refund my last renewal and will go with my original insurer. Changing to Woolworths Insurance was the biggest mistake.

Claim ApprovedYes
Marilyn
Marilyn
Murray

Murray

Beware The Autorenew

AndrewSydney, NSW

BEWARE - Unethical & Unsubstantiated Premium increases!

In over 30 years I have never made an insurance claim. The area has low crime, is secure and at no risk of floods or fire. Woolworths tried to increase my annual premium by $486.70 or 24.7%.
Woolworths prey on citizens being too busy to check the increase. BEWARE. This is unethical & unsubstantiated.

Ramsay

Ramsay

Worst insurance policy

They charge way too much premium and the worst part is they renew your policy without your consent and without you giving them direct debit option. They charge from your card when the premium is due. They sent an email and a text of your policy falling due like any other insurer but they charge automatically from your card which no other insurer does. They don’t send an email about policy being renewed. To me this is cheating. Make sure to cancel the policy if you have one with them before it falls due

Coverage TypeHome Only
John

JohnSydney, NSW

ripped me off

I had Woolworths car and home insurance over a few years now. The first time I had to claim for it after the severe storms Woolworths insurance kept dragging. After 3 months they sent their assessors. I had fixed the issue by then. It was a leak in the roof. The assessors said that there was a PRE-EXISTING condition, which was about not there at all. They tried to contact me everyday after their quote to get this fixed. #Ripped #Woolworths Insurance # exetremely unhappy customer

Property TypeDuplex
Claim DateJanuary 2020
Marlise

MarliseSouth East Queensland, QLD

I will give one star as i cannot give 0

Customer service is TERRIBLE they do not care about their customers only the money they can make. Was on hold for 30+ minutes at least 3 times only to be told they will not even consider looking at renewal policy price and that if i received a cheaper quote somewhere else to just change, however it will take at least 5 days to refund me my money as that is their process even though they can take the money straight away.

Utterly incompetent!!

I have had to engage the help of the Ombudsman as the insurance company (Under The Hollard Insurance Company) sent out a builder to assess damage and not an insurance assessor, therefore things that were damaged weren't listed because "that should be ok", well it wasn't 'ok'. Contents that were damaged wasn't listed or I was told "you can get that fixed"....Sorry but I pay insurance AND an excess for you to fix my Home and Contents. Will be leaving as soon as this all gets resolved......if they ever pull their finger out!!

Type of ClaimEscape of Liquid
Claim DateSeptember 2020
Dale D.

Dale D.Canberra 2600, ACT

Don't try to get a refund. They make it extremely difficult

I had contents insurance with them and when I moved house I contacted them. They won't take the new lease as proof that I have moved. Apparently they don't like to pay for damage to mobile phones or computers when they are in your house either. Steer clear of them.

Coverage TypeContents Only
Marvella S.

Marvella S.Perth, WA

No premium notice for Direct debit

Requested to speak to a supervisor several times and was refused regarding lack of notice for direct debit due. I happened upon our renewal completely on accident while looking for car insurance, then thought we have not received our notice for HOI yet. It was to be DD in 4 days and increased as well with no notice! Was given the standard pitch answers about mail delays (covid has been in effect for 6 months, billion dollar company should plan ahead) Don't send confirmation or notice emails and don't have outgoing line to ring home phones, but we will send them if we cancel your policy. But what fired me up was a flat refusal to let me speak to someone in charge! It was only after I got upset that they gave us an extension.

Amanda P.Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance

Quite simply, don’t do it...

Claim DateFebruary 2020

S WalkerPerth, WA

Very long wait times to speak to Anyone!

I have time to write this as it is now over 65 mins and still no attention to my call. Recently I have had the unfortunate necessity to need to contact Woolworths insurance. EVERY time it has taken over 30min before my call is answered and twice now I have had to be transferred as that person is not trained in that area even though I called number as advised on the top of my policy.

See all Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance reviews

Diana

Dianaasked

Are solar panels covered under Woolworths House and Content Insurance?

Elisabeth L.Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance

Hi Diana, thank you for reaching out to us and we would like to apologise for the delay in response. Solar panels are covered under our policy cover, If they are installed on your home the value can be included in the overall Building Sum Insured amount. If you need any assistance please reach out to us through our Live Chat service on our website https://insurance.woolworths.com.au/ where one of our Customer Service Representatives are available via web chat from 8.30am - 7.30pm weekdays and 9.30am to 4.30pm on weekends.

Lutz

Lutzasked

How come no one is answering when I call about my insurance claim
Trying to call since last Wednesday every time I’m waiting for over an hour today I’ve been waiting for 2 hours and no one takes the call!!!!
This is absolutely unacceptable!!!
How do I get to talk to anyone???
HELP!!!!!!!!

Helen Platkowski
Helen Platkowski

I had the same problem, finally spoke to a lovely girl her name is Anisy....was very helpful....I hope our issue will be resolved this week...

Jay P.
Jay P.

Hello All,

customers of this insurance company know how unprofessional and useless it is.
for those interested let us start a class action with ACCC

Customer Service RepWoolworths Home and Contents Insurance

Hey Lutz,
Thank you for getting in contact.
We are sorry for any inconvenience this process may have caused.
As you are probably aware with everything thats going on, our claims department is in high demand at the moment. The correct number to get in contact with the claims department is 1300 10 12 34 and follow the correct prompts that will take you through to the correct claims team.

john

johnasked

just got text home ins policy hom105892856 what is this for been waiting on phone for 30 minutes

Amanda B.
Amanda B.

Why are you asking me you moron

Fired Up
Fired Up

I don’t understand your question

Ryan A.Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance

Hey John, thank you for your question and we do apologize for the delay in getting back to you. Unfortunately we are not able to discuss personal policy details here so please contact our friendly customer service team via the phone at 1300 10 1234 or via live web chat through our website.

Get an answer from our members and Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance representatives

CategoryHome and Contents Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Car, Funeral, Home and Contents, Landlord, Life, Pet and Travel