Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance

• Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks (1) and 1-2 months (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (1) · No (1)
catchiqui

catchiqui

Months later 10% discount still not working

Coverage TypeContents Only
Amanda P.Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance

EricSouth East Queensland, QLD

Making it difficult for a policy holder

House and contents cover due for renewal within a few days and I wanted to switch from monthly payments to a one-off annual payment. Couldn't be done, I was told, except by cancelling the original cover and starting afresh, taking at least 15 - 20 minutes on the phone, I was again told. I don't have 15 to 20 minutes to waste going through old stuff all on file and unchanged in every respect.

Not happy, Woolies!

Coverage TypeHome & Contents
Brock B.Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance
Eric

just FYI, I did endeavour to make the change prior to the renewal date.

Melissa

Claim DateJanuary 2020
Claim ApprovedYes
Zubair W.Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance
Home and Contents Insurance

Find out how Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance compares to other Home and Contents Insurance

Warning to those that pay monthly

Unlike other insurers, if you pay monthly with Woolworths insurance and choose to cancel your policy, you don't get a refund for that part month - it's in their T&Cs, FYI.

Coverage TypeHome & Contents
kathir77

kathir77Queanbeyan

Renewal is expensive

The initial policy went well after that renewal came with high numbers and shocked. Customer service response was inadequate. Generating a new policy is cheaper than the renewal policy. I cancelled the policy and now thought to create a new policy or move elsewhere.

Zubair W.Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance

Delayed response and unexpected assessment

I do not know how you accept liability for wall and ceiling damage after storm but deny roof liability,
What i can say, i already expreesed my self on the facebook page but it was deleted.

Coverage TypeHome Only
Claim MadeYes
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Type of ClaimStorm and Rainwater
Claim ApprovedNo
Gordon B

Gordon B

A company that doesn’t reward customer loyalty

We signed up last year with Woolworths as they were good value for money and a brand we trusted. This year our renewal came through and it had gone up 25%. We’ve never claimed and all we’ve done is been a good customer.

We’ve looked around and we’ve been offered a better rate this year than last year with another big name unsurance provider. When I called Woolworths they confirmed that they offer better rates for first time customers but not for those who are loyal to their brand and want to be a continued eecustomer. They eventually offered me a $100 gift voucher but this would mean I was over $270 out of pocket. As such I’ve cancelled my policy and will never trust any Woolworths business again.

Si Fei H.Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance
coldeskimo

coldeskimo

Always read the fine print - what are they NOT insuring!

We took out Woolworths home and contents insurance (Hollards) 2 years ago after having comprehensive cover with a leading insurer. Whilst I admit I thought I had checked the features we were covered for however I have since found out that there is a vast array of specified options they do not insure you.

Reviewing the PDS I have since found they do not protect some of the commonly used items outside the home unlike my original insurer- mobile phones, computers, laptops, tablets, bikes etc. Very very annoyed with this limited feature policy but you pay for what you get in this industry! Will be cancelling and going back to a more comprehensive insurer. What a waste of time and money!

Tee

TeePerth, WA

Line always busy

I saw special 30% off woolworths home and content insurance. I work out that the same quote with my existing provider is $42 cheaper. I am trying to switch my policy to woolworths and have been trying to ring them for 2 days and still gone through line engaged.

AmandaMac

AmandaMacAdelaide

Compare your policy carefully with other insurance providers

PhilipGoldfields, WA

No so good at all

I bought a house and insured it same day of settlement , Nov 2 , 2018 , on Nov 18 a serious storm come to town , I sustain roof , ceiling damage and 2 large broken window from the hail ,
I filled a claim , had to go to [name removed] at special claims after to and fro and chase up's after 2 week , ( no windows in house mind you ) I chased and they said ok to proceed and has now been issued to general claims to proceed , after two more weeks I chased , no response, I chased again no response, , I cant be left like this in time of need ,
I cancelled my policy , and insured with another company

Philip

How do I private message you ?
My policy no is HOM 104485115 , you will be able to get all my detail from that if you are serious about contacting me ,I never got a far as a claim no due to the no responses !

Philip

Woolworths did contact and make good with the windown claim, the ceiling damage they stated was poor workmanship on the roof so was denied !

Insurance Claim

Lyndon WWoolworths Home and Contents Insurance

tylomanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Policy easy to setup. The claim is a disaster to make.

Kevin V.Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance

Please respond to the private message so we are able to follow up on your complaint. Thanks

tyloman

Update: I have provided them with my policy on Feb 03 and still there is no news!!!!

Kevin V.Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance

Thanks for the update. Our claims manager has been trying to contact you since the 3rd Feb and left various messages. I have sent a message to you via private message.

Blinky BillCanberra

30% increase in premium on auto renewal!

Rosa K.Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance

Two Claims In Two Weeks

Bert

Bert

Woolworth Insurance, CHEAP BUT..

Analyzer

AnalyzerAU

Woolworths Home insurance - Be warned - Read everything

If you are purchasing online, allow enough time to read all the questions and all the attachments very carefully before making the payment. The exceptions list is very long and you need to check every item carefully. Also, find out all the past claims for five years for all the properties and not the one that is being insured. The problem will start, if you make an error, only when you make a claim. Do not blindly say that you have read and understood the terms. My estimate is it will take 5 hours for an average person.

ConciousConsumer

ConciousConsumerSYDNEY

Slow claim service. Hidden T&C's to deny claims

No follow up on claim

I lodged a claim, (on the bottom of the claim form it stated that somebody would contact me the next business day). One week passed by......nothing! I rang them to follow up and was told somebody would contact me, another week went by.......nothing! I rang them again! this time with results, even though it wasn't in my favour I finally got results.

zerogenySYDNEY

Not on top of things

Woolworths Insurance has been slow moving, and not proactive at all. I have had to call the majority of the time to get updates on my claim and most of the time the answer is effectively "I don't know". I do not feel someone is working doggedly on this on my behalf. There doesn't appear to be a plan to remedy the issues in my claim and it doesn't feel like someone is working doggedly to get answers.

zerogeny

Oh and I will add they prefer to pay out your claim using VOUCHERS rather than cash. Avoid them and save yourself a lot of trouble if you need to make a claim

See all Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance reviews

Diana

Dianaasked

Are solar panels covered under Woolworths House and Content Insurance?

Elisabeth L.Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance

Hi Diana, thank you for reaching out to us and we would like to apologise for the delay in response. Solar panels are covered under our policy cover, If they are installed on your home the value can be included in the overall Building Sum Insured amount. If you need any assistance please reach out to us through our Live Chat service on our website https://insurance.woolworths.com.au/ where one of our Customer Service Representatives are available via web chat from 8.30am - 7.30pm weekdays and 9.30am to 4.30pm on weekends.

Lutz

Lutzasked

How come no one is answering when I call about my insurance claim
Trying to call since last Wednesday every time I’m waiting for over an hour today I’ve been waiting for 2 hours and no one takes the call!!!!
This is absolutely unacceptable!!!
How do I get to talk to anyone???
HELP!!!!!!!!

Helen Platkowski
Helen Platkowski

I had the same problem, finally spoke to a lovely girl her name is Anisy....was very helpful....I hope our issue will be resolved this week...

Jay P.
Jay P.

Hello All,

customers of this insurance company know how unprofessional and useless it is.
for those interested let us start a class action with ACCC

Customer Service RepWoolworths Home and Contents Insurance

Hey Lutz,
Thank you for getting in contact.
We are sorry for any inconvenience this process may have caused.
As you are probably aware with everything thats going on, our claims department is in high demand at the moment. The correct number to get in contact with the claims department is 1300 10 12 34 and follow the correct prompts that will take you through to the correct claims team.

john

johnasked

just got text home ins policy hom105892856 what is this for been waiting on phone for 30 minutes

Amanda B.
Amanda B.

Why are you asking me you moron

Fired Up
Fired Up

I don’t understand your question

Ryan A.Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance

Hey John, thank you for your question and we do apologize for the delay in getting back to you. Unfortunately we are not able to discuss personal policy details here so please contact our friendly customer service team via the phone at 1300 10 1234 or via live web chat through our website.

Get an answer from our members and Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance representatives

CategoryHome and Contents Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Car, Funeral, Home and Contents, Landlord, Life, Pet and Travel