Woolworths Landlords Insurance

1.0

MC Beny

MC BenyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Terrible insurance company

I had a house fire $60,000 the builder was terrible cut corners shocking I have gone to ACCC to get builder back for repaires. And insurance not helpful at all.The Claims department have no compassion at all & 3months no rent was paid to me.i have taken them to AFCA again & again.8months for the repairs and quality is poor and I'm still waiting for builder & insurance to come & fix it.

Claim MadeNo

Shocking service. Stay well clear.

My claim for malicious damage and rent default by the tenant took 114 days to resolve, then to be told they only cover 70 days rent default. It took Woolworths over a month before even an assessor was sent out to view the property. All correspondence to the share email address used by Woolworth went missing. I had to call each time to check they had received the emails, waiting in the queue for two hours each time before getting to speak to someone.

Claim DateJanuary 2020
Claim ApprovedYes
AK

AKVictoria

Don't use this service, so useless

It is a very good policy until you make a claim, all the policy is outsourced to some Hollard insurance , and even after a month there is no reply on the claim. Called up their 24/7 customer service number several times , but it is 9-5 .When you call during this hours after almost an hour on hold line get disconnected . such a lousy customer service . The claim is out sourced to another company , they are more responsive , and advises until the principles instruct they cannot do anything.
I am yet to learn the fate of my claim and by the time it is settled we have to probably make another claim, as problems get exasperated due to the delay.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateApril 2020
Elisabeth L.Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance
Landlord Insurance

Find out how Woolworths Landlords Insurance compares to other Landlord Insurance

Not Happy Jan

Not Happy JanSydney, NSW

If I could rate 0 - I would! AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

You send out documentation with contact hours yet you are not open. You have a chat, but it's a virtual assistant that sends you around in circles. You ask us to log on line, yet you don't recongise me. You then cancel a policy that I have been trying to get a hold of you, cant reinstate, remove covers from my policy and charge me more!

Clemper

ClemperGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Avoid at all costs.

As per woolworth spds published on 08/04/2020. For Landlord insurance no point to pay extra for rent default feature anymore. They just pay you for six weeks rent or $2500 which ever is less. I will not renew my insurance with them next year. Not recommending to anyone.

Kaptin Kyle

Kaptin KyleBrisbane

There are no decent insurance companies

Elisabeth L.Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance

Hi Kaptin Kyle, thanks for reaching out. We would like to assist you further in regards to your review, we have sent you a private message and we are looking forward to hearing from you. Thank you.

Don't do it.

Horrendous service between Woolworths and Claim Central when you put in a claim. It feels like they hate each other. I have put in 2 claims and it feels like I am the first claim they have ever received. Clueless. Recommend spending the extra money on an insurer that specializes in landlords. We will be changing at the end of our current policy even if it's double the cost.

Claim DateJuly 2019
AKM TAHREERUR R.Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance
Graeme S.

Still haven't heard from anyone at Woolworths or Claim Central. Pathetic.

Jane48Perth, WA

long wait time to speak to a service member

I have attempted to use the online chat facility to enquire about the process of my claim once it was lodged. I spoke to "olive" who directed me to call the general enquiries number 1300101234.
I have called this number and have been waiting for over an hour, for a simple enquiry to ask. in the meantime, I have googled who the best landlord insurer is. surely the other companies have more than 1 operator answering calls from the whole of Australia

Once my claim is processed, i will be seriously considering a landlord insurance policy switch.

This is simply not good enough

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
AKM TAHREERUR R.Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance

Claim #980238
Tel: 0411156429 however I am a shift worker, and not always able to answer any calls straight away

Daniel

DanielGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worst insurance provider ever

I have opened a claim 45 days ago and still has not been processed. You need to wait at least 60 minutes to speak with anyone. Bogus and incomplete information is provided during calls. Open claims informationa re not available online. Definitely, the worst insurance company I have ever worked with.

Claim DateJanuary 2020

Dean P.

Dean P.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Impossible to contact

Rang with query - on hold 10+ minutes then they hung up. Emailed, but no response after more than a week. Rang again and immediately on hold, I hung up after 45 minutes in a queue. Why have insurance if it’s impossible to get in touch with the insurer?

Farheen A.Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance
Kenji

KenjiMelbourne

The auto renew is a terrible experience

The landlord insurance got auto renewed (debit my credit card) was a sneaky trick which should be banned. I needed to call them to cancel my policy for a refund. They said the refund will take 10 business days and it's the 9th day now and I still haven't received the money. It's not a good customer experience for even a simple refund. What's going on Woolworth?

Terrible claims process

Great value until you have to make a claim. It took 5 months to complete the claim. I was never told all the paperwork they needed so kept having to go back and forth. They don’t assign you to one person so you have to call and talk to someone different every time and waste time whilst they read all the notes. Same with emails which they never respond to in the 5 days they state so you have to keep having to call them. They even entered information into our claim wrong so we were underpaid. Will never use them again.

Claim DateJuly 2019
Claim ApprovedYes
pragnesh p.

pragnesh p.Sydney, NSW

Not received Money back from Insurance

My policy was auto renewed. Customer service person didnt inform when taking insurance. I have cancel insurance havent got money for 15 days. Customer service terrible. Need money back in my account. Not getting insurance from woolworth in future.

Rene Y.

Rene Y.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Their first instinct is to deny the claim with the most invalid reasons, its probably how they are trained to do.

Mumof2scallywags

Mumof2scallywags

Save your money

Slow to answer on hold and difficulties on line with web chatting only to find out that apparently Woolworths Insurance doesnt cover my near new and expensive (now broken) dishwasher because it does not form part of the chattels of my home... huh?? Read the PDS people. Not worth the money. Go elsewhere!

Claim DateOctober 2010