Woolworths Pet Insurance - Comprehensive Cover

Woolworths Pet Insurance - Comprehensive Cover

karen.mell

karen.mellGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Absolutely overpriced!

Absolutely overpriced. I've been a longtime customer (since 2012) but since my dog was diagnosed with a heart condition a couple years ago, they have increased my premiums to $62 per fortnight from $50 which was unaffordable for us, leading us to cancel. Yes they do process claims reasonably fast. Cust service is mostly good however for the premium cost, can't say I would recommend. Disappointing for a long time customer. Who regulates these price increases?

Vicki

Vicki

Much Improved

Claim DateFebruary 2020
Number of Pets2 pets
Pet Type(s) InsuredCat

Customer service

I rang today to update my credit card details and enquire about my pet insurance for my dog and was received by Natasha the customer service representative who displayed excellent customer service skills and took the time to assist and provide professional customer service.Thank you very much Natasha

Dane H.

Dane H.

Absolutely appalling don't insure your pet through woolwoths!!!!

Absolutely appalling I wanted to cancel my policy because they don't seem to like covering anything but was told if I cancel it I still have to pay my weekly installment until my premium ends but my pet won't be covered. Absolutely disgusting Woolworths!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Claim DateJanuary 2020

Aaron P.

Aaron P.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Dodgy with paying out claims

Been a customer of Woolworths Pet Insurance for over 5 years and every claim has always been paid out with no issues. My dog then had a skin and eye infection that we had to take to get medications. Total vet bill was $166. However put the claim in, Woolworths decides to split up the claim in two spots and as there is a $100 excess they decided to split the claim and therefore as they have done 2 different claims and halved the amount they are not not paying anything as below $100 and I am out of pocket. $70 per month and the only thing I get reimbursed for is my council fees and the yearly vaccinations. Starting to feel this is not worth it.

Claim DateJanuary 2020

EJones

EJonesSydney Surrounds, NSW

Stay Away!!

Had my policy for 2 years and when I tried to make a claim, it was rejected. Woolworths pet insurance will find any way possible to not pay your claim!! They advised me that my claim for an ear infection for my dog is a pre existing condition because he had an ear infection 3 years ago???? This insurer is only after your money and will avoid paying your claim at all costs, so do yourself a favour and save your money.

Nancy S.

Nancy S.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Struggling to get reimbursed for our single claim.

For the amount you pay its ridiculous what they put you through to get a refund!!
We have made only this claim that is under $200 for our pet dog in 2 years of being with this company only to get the run around with excuses. I even contacted my vet to email them the history, the very little he has, only to be told again they are still waiting for an email... 19 days later still not a word or update.
Absolute rubbish service especially for a first claim with no ongoing or prior related history.
If I pay my bills on time I expect you treat my claim on time!
Through experience I recommend you shop around when looking to insure your furry loved ones.
This mob do not fairly make the cut and are a fail for pet insurance.

Claim DateNovember 2019

Kristie

KristieVictoria

Disgusting service

A week before christmas they took $700 out of my account for a renewal I was not notified of. I called to have it rectified and was put on hold for 20 minutes so I asked to be called back urgently. An hour later and still no return call.

ST

STSydney Surrounds, NSW

Absolute Joke

Sam L

Sam LPerth, WA

Honestly, I can't fault them

Claim DateNovember 2019

DawsonSydney Surrounds, NSW

Woolworths Pet Insurance buyer Beware!

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months

Daniella

DaniellaAustralian Capital Territory

Hopeless,

I wish I had read these review prior in taking out insurance with Woolworth for my pet. I would not trust them and they will try wissling out of paying any claim. I had to chase them to find out what was going on it took 20 days not 5-10 days as stated. They do not care about you nor your pet. Stay right away, you'll be better off.

I'am contacting the ombudsman about this scums,

Shellie

ShellieWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Five dogs on Comprehensive with Routine Care...

I first joined Woolworths Pet Insurance for my 8 week old puppy in 2012. I have only had to make a few huge claims and they were exceptional. Loyalty pays

Number of Pets5 pets

troy w.

troy w.

"pre-existing" nonsense

we've submitted 3 invoices to Woolworths in the last week for a torn ACL. they have split the invoices into "sub-claims" without telling us how they divided them. now they are systematically denying each sub-claim, on the basis the condition was pre-existing. how do you have a pre-existing tear?

I've submitted a complaint to their reviews team, be interesting to see how they respond

Keelyt

Keelyt

Awesome!

Got this when I picked up my fur baby.
Had it for the "just in case" moments. Turns out she had chronic Liver disease after a few months of having her on the insurance and they covered EVERYTHING for us! so, SO grateful. No problems at all, they were helpful and if they ever needed more documents they would go directly to the Vet and ask. saved thousands of dollars on emergency operations, CT scans and blood works.

Can't recommend them enough.

APP

Almost nothing is covered in the end

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateSeptember 2019
Pet Type(s) InsuredCat

Toni

ToniPerth

So glad someone recommended this to me

Our dog is 7 years old and we’ve always had Woolworth’s pet insurance. He’s also on a Vetwest care plan. Every claim goes through them and it’s a seamless process.
Each time we’ve made a claim it has amazed me how much we get back.
If you love your dog and are happy to pay the premium, you won’t be disappointed.

Ian and KirstyPerth, WA

Robbing con artists. DO NOT USE!

Rejected claim based on a condition our dog had 6 yrs ago and suggesting it was an existing, ongoing condition which is ridiculous as our dog has been perfectly healthy for the past 6 years. Nothing more than a bunch of brain dead con artists who steal your money. They should be sued for mis selling policies and being dishonest.

Lyn Chesterton

Lyn ChestertonMelba 2615, ACT

I could not find my policy in my emails

I didn’t have a copy of my policy and didn’t know my policy number. I was trying to register on line for any future claims I may have. Natasha was suck a darling she helped me with my policy number and also sent duplicate copies of policy.

Number of Pets2 pets

Nikki

NikkiWestern Australia

Wouldn’t cover $2000 for life saving emergency surgery... Woolworths pet insurance is an absolute sham. Robbery.

Not good value, this insurance is expensive and covers nothing. Paid over 600 in premium over a year and nothing was ever covered, when we did desperately need it we were swiftly told no.

Claim DateAugust 2019