Woolworths Pet Insurance - Comprehensive Cover

Woolworths Pet Insurance - Comprehensive Cover

Pet Insurance Buying Guide

If you're a pet owner, you probably agree there’s nothing worse than your dog or cat getting sick or hurt. But what happens when vet bills are sky high? Pet insurance can grant you peace of mind, helping your pet get the treatment they deserve, without sending you broke.

Read now

2.2

Wayne H.

Wayne H.South East Queensland, QLD

The worst possible service and website ever.

Sarah M.

Sarah M.Hunter Region, NSW

Waste of time/money

My pup has hip dysplasia (was not pre existing) and even with letter from vet stating that it wasnt they refuse to cover her. Appealed and they still say its pre existing even though all her records say not!!

parnian

parnianbruce

Scam Alert: They lie about the policy start date

Pet Insurance

Find out how Woolworths Pet Insurance - Comprehensive Cover compares to other Pet Insurance

Mak

MakSydney

The Worst Possible Cover you can ever get for your pet

They don't cover necessities (being a comprehensive cover). Any disease that they classify as BREADING they won't cover. Any Holiday Accommodation is not covered. If you want to cancel and they've already paid you once for a regular per visit or vaccine, they will force you to pay the full year.
Run away from it, it's not worth paying the premium

Charles

CharlesSouth East Queensland, QLD

Love your money but nothing in return

My experience seems to reflect that of many on this review site. Everything is either pre-existing or things that are normal preventative things that are not covered. Since when was cleaning a dog's teeth normal? Sure, I can understand how vaccinations are normal preventative but seriously I wonder what has to be the problem for insurance to cover the outlays.

Lousy value for money without doubt and I am cancelling and would not give them any stars if allowed

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months

terrible

Stuart Davies

Stuart DaviesHunter Region, NSW

Dreadful Customer service!

Cancelled my policy but still continued to take money out of my account and refused to reimburse. Complete lack of understanding by their customer service officer . Would not recommend at all!

Pet Type(s) InsuredCat

Don’t buy this policy if you want peace of mind.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months

Sally

SallyRichmond-Tweed, NSW

5 stars

We took out comprehensive pet insurance (with $0 excess) when our rescue pup joined our family at 8 months. Over the years we only really needed it for the occasional vet visit and routine check up benefits, which can be frustrating when the policy increases annually and you're not using it to its full potential - Fast forward 9 years and Benign Lipomas appeared and then intervertebral disc disease which eventually resulted in euthanasia. Woolworths honoured every claim over the course of our policy efficiently and without question, and showed sympathy and compassion at the loss of our beloved family member. We cannot rate them highly enough from our experience .

Claim DateJune 2020
Adam

AdamSydney, NSW

Absolutely atrocious rip off merchants

Absolutely atrocious, they kept making new claims for the same medical condition on follow up visits for the same condition so I would need to pay extra excesses. Said they are part of the no gap program with Greencross but they hadn't implemented it yet, even though they advertised it. Not worth the price, changed to Pet INsurance Australia, half the price.

OUTSTANDING SERVICE

Twice in the last two months our Golden Retriever has had an operation and has since sadly passed away. We have had the policy 5 years. Claiming costs was extremely easy and very prompt. Payments were made in under a week with very clear settlement details. All our dealings with Woolworths Pet Insurance have been more than excellent. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Claim DateJune 2020
Number of Pets1 pets

Pet insurance top quartile service

Recent and ongoing service very high. Portal an excellent tool portal is easy to use allows tracking of correspondence I highly recommend Woolworths pet insurance our experience has been positive

Claim DateMay 2020
Misa

MisaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Easy claim, easy to use web portal!

The web portal made it very easy to lodge my claim. The service was okay, quick and easy. Though claiming routine checks were easy. Claiming for accident is quite a struggle since it asked my VET back and fort for documents and verification.

Claim DateNovember 2019

Don’t waste your money

Woolworths Pet Insurance ended up being a nightmare to deal with. Their communication is terrible and they only pay out on a very small amount of issues. I cancelled my policy due to being dissatisfied and I was still required to pay monthly instalments after this as I had made claims within the last 12 months OR I was provided the option to pay back the money that was paid out from claims. I paid them almost $1000 in the year to cover my dog and received $445 in claims. Got less than half my money back yet they wanted me to pay it back for cancelling. No insurance company I have ever used has been this bad. Wasted my money!

Nerissa

NerissaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Absolutely terrible insurance

No benefits paid/unable to claim any money back from them. Absolutely terrible insurance. I never received any benefit from using them. Absolute waste of money! Not worth your money. Chose another pet insurance.

lcpr5249

lcpr5249Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

On their website .... We'll beat any comparable quote .... Price beat.

Fantastic Service

Couldn’t of been happier with the service having been with Woolworths for 6 years my dog Layla spent 4 nights in an emergency vets over Easter with a very expensive bill. I was so relieved Woolworths covered the 80 percent as promised and were prompt with the payment .

Andrew R.

Andrew R.

Amazing service and coverage

Had insurance for my 10 month old puppy for 3 months when we discovered he had severe hip dysplasia and degenerative arthritis.
They have been exceptional. Covered his initial xrays, medication, consultation etc (80%), and have pre authorised his surgeries, the first of which is this week.
Best insurance I’ve ever taken out. Was expecting them to argue any claims etc but the complete opposite. I’m so happy and surprised.

Billa

BillaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

AVOID AVOID AVOID unless you like being ripped off!

I've Been with Woollies pet insurance for many years - thought it was reasonable. Never really claimed much over the years. I Just received my annual premium increase - 25% more! Yup! 25% more.

How they try and justify this 25% increase is a joke.
Nice try at ripping off your long standing customers woollies pet insurance!

Brock B.Woolworths Pet Insurance