Woolworths Pet Insurance - Standard Cover

Woolworths Pet Insurance - Standard Cover

Pet Insurance Buying Guide

If your dog or cat becomes sick, pet insurance can help get the treatment they deserve. For a better idea of how pet insurance works, continue reading so you can make an informed choice.

Read now

2.6

• Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks (6), <1 week (5), 1-2 months (4) and 2-4 weeks (2)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (10) · No (9)
Happy dog owner

Happy dog ownerGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Hassle free claim

Our dog suffered a snake bite. Claiming on our Woolworths pet insurance was hassle free. Our Vet bills were almost $11,000. Woolworths paid the agreed 80% less excess. I simply uploaded the receipts filled on the online form and was paid within 3-4 days. Cannot recommend highly enough!

Claim DateOctober 2020
Ecostar

EcostarTasmania

Bad value for money

Beware of the "affordable premium" when first signing up, it doesn't stay affordable for long. We had 2 dogs insured with Woolworths Pet Insurance, both insured as puppies. One dog is now 3.5 years, the other 2.5 years. We've never claimed for the younger dog and only claimed 3 or 4 times for the older dog and at the point of cancelling the policies, the cost to insure both dogs for 1 year was $2080 per year.

For such young dogs, this seems excessive and certainly not sustainable. Very disappointed.

sentinel88

sentinel88South East Queensland, QLD

Claims submitted online and processed according to Policy

Number of Pets3 pets
Claim DateSeptember 2020
Pet Insurance

Find out how Woolworths Pet Insurance - Standard Cover compares to other Pet Insurance

Great customer service

Made my first claim after kelpie was bitten by brown snake. Received excellent and caring customer service and less than 48hrs after claim I was reimbursed. I recommend them 100%

Claim DateSeptember 2020
Amanda P.Woolworths Pet Insurance

Hi Viv C, we are so pleased to hear you're okay and we were able to help you in a time of need. We'd like to take the time to thank you once again for choosing Woolworths Insurance and sharing your feedback. Stay safe and wishing you all the best.

No point getting this insurance

Had the insurance for the last 5 years made my first claim my dog got bitten by an insect which has caused an allergic reaction and anaemia. Thinking it would all be covered as bites are covered in my policy went through with the blood transfusion and expensive vet bills put the claim in to find out that my claim was rejected because the bite caused an illness which isnt covered. Everytime i rang took over twenty to thirty minutes to get through to someone to talk about it. Tried to cancel my policy and they cant even do that proper useless DO NOT GET THIS INSURANCE IS GOOD FOR NOTHING

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Neil W.

Neil W.Sydney, NSW

Claimed on insurance for cat - no issues

I took out Woolworth's pet insurance abut 4 months ago for my cat Cora. After reading the reviews online I was a little worried... Especially when my cat started limping and required X-Rays at over $500. The WW's pet portal was easy to use and I was refunded 80% of the cost in under 10 days. A big thumbs up from me!

Pet Type(s) InsuredCat
Claim DateAugust 2020
Amanda P.Woolworths Pet Insurance

Hi Neil W., we are so pleased to hear you're okay and we were able to help you in a time of need. We'd like to take the time to thank you once again for choosing Woolworths Insurance and sharing your feedback. Stay safe and wishing you all the best.

Suneil B.

Suneil B.Sydney, NSW

Absolute rip off

Please read the policy statement regarding excess. Your bill must exceed $100 every single time or they won't pay for any of it. whats the point? I'll be shopping elsewhere. It took weeks and weeks for them to look into the first claim.

Claim DateJuly 2020
Shano

ShanoSydney, NSW

I would give them a ‘0’ if I could - don’t go with them.

I have had pet insurance with Woolworths since receiving our dog (as a puppy). I have submitted a few claims. All claims refused as a pre-existing condition. Not sure how it can be pre-existing when we have had cover from day one. They also price jack premiums. Do not go with Woolworths Pet Insurance.

Robyn W

Robyn WGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Time to contact AFCA?

Received notification that they would not cover an issue due to it being pre-existing. Three years ago the same issue was covered. Surely if it was covered previously it should still be covered. Sent request to have the claim reconsidered including the reference # from when last paid. Still declined. How can something that was not pre-existing 3 years ago now be deemed as such. Will be contacting AFCA.

Pet Insurance

Good cover, service and claims experience

We took out pet insurance with Woolworths 5 yrs ago. From day dot they were there for us. Our first claim happened in week 3 of cover under the accident cover section. Every claim was paid timely. Even through COVID. Throughout they were good to explain what was covered and what not. They took care of things from the start till our very last claim when our dog passed away prematurely due to a tumour. Thank you Woolworths, you did a lot to help us and our fur baby. We can’t thank you enough.

Chrisco72

Chrisco72Tweed heads

Absolute rip off

Don’t go near this bunch ! I had insurance for my 11 yr old dog , she got sick and had to have a op ! It’s been 3 weeks and they want full history of everything/ vet she’s been to since a pup !!! I’m cancelling 2 policy’s !! Absolute conn

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateMay 2020
Disgusted

DisgustedVictoria

Terrible insurance stay away

No help at all every call made told to do online gladly took my money for four yeas then let you know when you claim they wanted my dogs vet history even though he was never sick and couldn’t pay claim without it gave up and canceled my insurance they win again

Peter MGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Exorbitant Renewal Increase.

Have been with Woolworths Pet Insurance for nearly 9 years and had two dogs insured. I have complained repeatedly about their sizeable increases. Because one of my dogs had a cruciate ligament operation, I can't now go with out. I have stopped insuring my other dog and just put the money aside for emergencies. They say the increases are because I have made a claim through the year. Received latest renewal with an increase of almost 20% and haven't made a claim in two years. How can they justify this extended rip off of customers. Is it because they under paid their staff by millions and have found a way to subsidise their failings.

Claim MadeNo
Mags

MagsPerth, WA

Frustrating

I have been with Woolworth pet insurance for 7 years, over the years its been hard work, claims taking too long, not covering the things that are wrong with my dog, Lucy is 9 years old , she has skin issues which they won't cover and has chronic ear disease which they do cover. So had Lucy at vets and had bloods taken etc, some was for her skin but the majority was for her ears, the claim has been in for over 2 weeks and now im being told that it is going to take another 2-3 weeks as they are querying the bill. Im so frustrated and angry, Lucy is covered for a reason and now it makes me wonder why bother.

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Jon and peanut

Jon and peanutGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Best staff so friendly and always helpful

I’ve had my pet insurance with Woolworths for over 7 years now and it’s has been amazing.
Claims are always payed out fast and if I need help with anything the staff on the phone are so helpful and nice.
I’m on a disability pension and without my pet insurance I don’t know if my fur baby would be alive as insurance has saved me so many times as my bills have been huge. His insurance has made it that he can have the best cover and I know Woolworths is there to cover my expenses.
Thankyou so much for the great help and support over the years.
From peanut butter and myself Thankyou.
Yes that’s really my fur baby in the picture.
He’s also my therapy dog and his health is my main concern in life.

Happy Westie

Claim DateNovember 2019
Lin

Lin

Excellent customer service & Fast claim

My dog was diagnosed with final stage kidney failure and undergone a lot of treatment. Woolworths insurance helped us with the fast claims without any delays. It was just a peace of mind. Even after my poor little boy passed away and I had to call up to cancel the policy, the customer service team really showed the sympathy and caring and helped us to put the last claim through. I don’t usually leave any reviews but had to let people know that this is the company really help you out. Highly recommend Woolworths for sure!

Claim DateNovember 2019
Mumof2scallywags

Mumof2scallywags

Total waste of $$

Read the PDS before buying this. You will then realise it barely covers you for anything. Youre better off putting $70 aside each week and saving for any unexpected pet expenses. Scores 0/10 from me.

Claim MadeNo