Pet Insurance Buying Guide

If you're a pet owner, you probably agree there’s nothing worse than your dog or cat getting sick or hurt. But what happens when vet bills are sky high? Pet insurance can grant you peace of mind, helping your pet get the treatment they deserve, without sending you broke.

Read now

2.4

karen.mell

karen.mellGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Absolutely overpriced!

Absolutely overpriced. I've been a longtime customer (since 2012) but since my dog was diagnosed with a heart condition a couple years ago, they have increased my premiums to $62 per fortnight from $50 which was unaffordable for us, leading us to cancel. Yes they do process claims reasonably fast. Cust service is mostly good however for the premium cost, can't say I would recommend. Disappointing for a long time customer. Who regulates these price increases?

Brock B.Woolworths Pet Insurance
Jon and peanut

Jon and peanutGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Best staff so friendly and always helpful

I’ve had my pet insurance with Woolworths for over 7 years now and it’s has been amazing.
Claims are always payed out fast and if I need help with anything the staff on the phone are so helpful and nice.
I’m on a disability pension and without my pet insurance I don’t know if my fur baby would be alive as insurance has saved me so many times as my bills have been huge. His insurance has made it that he can have the best cover and I know Woolworths is there to cover my expenses.
Thankyou so much for the great help and support over the years.
From peanut butter and myself Thankyou.
Yes that’s really my fur baby in the picture.
He’s also my therapy dog and his health is my main concern in life.

Vicki

Vicki

Much Improved

Happy Westie

Happy WestieGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Fantastic Insurance!

Customer service

I rang today to update my credit card details and enquire about my pet insurance for my dog and was received by Natasha the customer service representative who displayed excellent customer service skills and took the time to assist and provide professional customer service.Thank you very much Natasha

Dane H.

Dane H.

Absolutely appalling don't insure your pet through woolwoths!!!!

Absolutely appalling I wanted to cancel my policy because they don't seem to like covering anything but was told if I cancel it I still have to pay my weekly installment until my premium ends but my pet won't be covered. Absolutely disgusting Woolworths!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dom

DomSouthwest, VIC

Check your Certificate of Insurance

Jacquie

JacquiePerth, WA

Very slow!

Aaron P.

Aaron P.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Dodgy with paying out claims

Been a customer of Woolworths Pet Insurance for over 5 years and every claim has always been paid out with no issues. My dog then had a skin and eye infection that we had to take to get medications. Total vet bill was $166. However put the claim in, Woolworths decides to split up the claim in two spots and as there is a $100 excess they decided to split the claim and therefore as they have done 2 different claims and halved the amount they are not not paying anything as below $100 and I am out of pocket. $70 per month and the only thing I get reimbursed for is my council fees and the yearly vaccinations. Starting to feel this is not worth it.

EJones

EJonesSydney Surrounds, NSW

Stay Away!!

Had my policy for 2 years and when I tried to make a claim, it was rejected. Woolworths pet insurance will find any way possible to not pay your claim!! They advised me that my claim for an ear infection for my dog is a pre existing condition because he had an ear infection 3 years ago???? This insurer is only after your money and will avoid paying your claim at all costs, so do yourself a favour and save your money.

Lin

Lin

Excellent customer service & Fast claim

My dog was diagnosed with final stage kidney failure and undergone a lot of treatment. Woolworths insurance helped us with the fast claims without any delays. It was just a peace of mind. Even after my poor little boy passed away and I had to call up to cancel the policy, the customer service team really showed the sympathy and caring and helped us to put the last claim through. I don’t usually leave any reviews but had to let people know that this is the company really help you out. Highly recommend Woolworths for sure!

Jpick

JpickSydney, NSW

Shonky, designed to avoid paying claims. Customer service is terrible, ruthless & have no compassion. Stay away.

Policy 2 years. Attempted to make a claim, and it was rejected unreasonably before even having all of the information. They didn't even bother picking up the phone to discuss.

ANCDT

ANCDTGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Struggling to get reimbursed for our single claim.

For the amount you pay its ridiculous what they put you through to get a refund!!
We have made only this claim that is under $200 for our pet dog in 2 years of being with this company only to get the run around with excuses. I even contacted my vet to email them the history, the very little he has, only to be told again they are still waiting for an email... 19 days later still not a word or update.
Absolute rubbish service especially for a first claim with no ongoing or prior related history.
If I pay my bills on time I expect you treat my claim on time!
Through experience I recommend you shop around when looking to insure your furry loved ones.
This mob do not fairly make the cut and are a fail for pet insurance.

Kristie

KristieVictoria

Disgusting service

A week before christmas they took $700 out of my account for a renewal I was not notified of. I called to have it rectified and was put on hold for 20 minutes so I asked to be called back urgently. An hour later and still no return call.

ST

STSydney Surrounds, NSW

Absolute Joke

Erin W.

Erin W.South East Queensland, QLD

READ THE FINE PRINT

I took out the basic accident and illness for the "what if" moments..... It literally only covers certain ways of receiving accidental injury or illness.. and no consultation fees.... thats the biggest expense half the time... what a joke!! After paying $1000's in premiums they pay me $25 of a $300+ claim.. we will be canceling both of my two dogs policies.. RIP OFF! Save your money!

Sam L

Sam LPerth, WA

Honestly, I can't fault them

DawsonSydney Surrounds, NSW

Woolworths Pet Insurance buyer Beware!

Peter

PeterDarling Downs, QLD

Poor claims process.

It took 12 weeks to process a claim. Two out of three claims were denied as being 'not covered'. Poor communication. They promise to ring back within 5 working days but never do.

Mumof2scallywags

Mumof2scallywags

Total waste of $$

Read the PDS before buying this. You will then realise it barely covers you for anything. Youre better off putting $70 aside each week and saving for any unexpected pet expenses. Scores 0/10 from me.

See all Woolworths Pet Insurance reviews