Pet Insurance Buying Guide

If you're a pet owner, you probably agree there’s nothing worse than your dog or cat getting sick or hurt. But what happens when vet bills are sky high? Pet insurance can grant you peace of mind, helping your pet get the treatment they deserve, without sending you broke.

Read now

2.4

Mandy44South East Queensland, QLD

What A Sham

Mandy44

Luckily there is not negative rate here

Generally, it is a good insurance that takes you payment monthly and provides zero service. I made a claim two months ago and still waiting response from them. I only want to know my claim was accepted or rejected. Before I made this review, I tried to 'forgot password' and they even didnot give me any automotive email or response that i cant get onto my account. Of course, I made calls but no one answer. Yes, life is hard, and I found this insurance try to make it harder for you. Anyway, now i am trying to say goodbye with this insurance, good luck to those who are going to pick this insurance.

Daniella

DaniellaAustralian Capital Territory

Hopeless,

I wish I had read these review prior in taking out insurance with Woolworth for my pet. I would not trust them and they will try wissling out of paying any claim. I had to chase them to find out what was going on it took 20 days not 5-10 days as stated. They do not care about you nor your pet. Stay right away, you'll be better off.

I'am contacting the ombudsman about this scums,

Shellie

ShellieWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Five dogs on Comprehensive with Routine Care...

I first joined Woolworths Pet Insurance for my 8 week old puppy in 2012. I have only had to make a few huge claims and they were exceptional. Loyalty pays

troy w.

troy w.

"pre-existing" nonsense

we've submitted 3 invoices to Woolworths in the last week for a torn ACL. they have split the invoices into "sub-claims" without telling us how they divided them. now they are systematically denying each sub-claim, on the basis the condition was pre-existing. how do you have a pre-existing tear?

I've submitted a complaint to their reviews team, be interesting to see how they respond

Keelyt

Keelyt

Awesome!

Got this when I picked up my fur baby.
Had it for the "just in case" moments. Turns out she had chronic Liver disease after a few months of having her on the insurance and they covered EVERYTHING for us! so, SO grateful. No problems at all, they were helpful and if they ever needed more documents they would go directly to the Vet and ask. saved thousands of dollars on emergency operations, CT scans and blood works.

Can't recommend them enough.

APP

Almost nothing is covered in the end

Toni

ToniPerth

So glad someone recommended this to me

Our dog is 7 years old and we’ve always had Woolworth’s pet insurance. He’s also on a Vetwest care plan. Every claim goes through them and it’s a seamless process.
Each time we’ve made a claim it has amazed me how much we get back.
If you love your dog and are happy to pay the premium, you won’t be disappointed.

Ian and KirstyPerth, WA

Robbing con artists. DO NOT USE!

Rejected claim based on a condition our dog had 6 yrs ago and suggesting it was an existing, ongoing condition which is ridiculous as our dog has been perfectly healthy for the past 6 years. Nothing more than a bunch of brain dead con artists who steal your money. They should be sued for mis selling policies and being dishonest.

Lyn Chesterton

Lyn ChestertonMelba 2615, ACT

I could not find my policy in my emails

I didn’t have a copy of my policy and didn’t know my policy number. I was trying to register on line for any future claims I may have. Natasha was suck a darling she helped me with my policy number and also sent duplicate copies of policy.

Jay

JayGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Inconsistent, Disorganized, Slow

We've been with Woolies Pet Insurance for nearly two years and made two claims.
1. Both claims were identical: same condition, same vet, same price. One was approved, the other rejected.
2. The staff also asked us to submit the ENTIRE vet history BOTH times.
3. The lodgement process lasted inexplicably over a month.
We have cancelled the cover and certainly do not recommend it.

Nikki

NikkiWestern Australia

Wouldn’t cover $2000 for life saving emergency surgery... Woolworths pet insurance is an absolute sham. Robbery.

Not good value, this insurance is expensive and covers nothing. Paid over 600 in premium over a year and nothing was ever covered, when we did desperately need it we were swiftly told no.

Vicki

Vicki

Excruciating!!!!!

Katie P

Katie PUnincorporated, SA

Wasting my time

I have just edited my review from 5 stars down to 1.
I’m so disappointed. They seemed so great to start with, were so quick after I submitted my claim.
Now it’s time for them to pay us and apperently it’s impossible to send their cheque.

Why did I ever think insurance with Woolies was ever worth it.

Chris

ChrisSouth East Queensland, QLD

Claim rejected

Henry Z.Woolworths Pet Insurance

Zee

ZeePerth

First point of call is to reject claims without proper review & re-evaluation when supporting documentation is provided

Henry Z.Woolworths Pet Insurance

MarkSouth East Queensland, QLD

Try to get out of paying

What a disappointment. I moved over to Woolworths and all they seem to do is delay and try to avoid making any type of payments. Don't touch these guys with a 10 foot pole and I am so sorry I changed!

Kaptin Kyle

Kaptin KyleBrisbane

Excessive premiums and excess

Johnny W.

Johnny W.Sydney, NSW

Actually very surprised... well done Woollies!

TheLoneRanger

TheLoneRangerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worth every cent when you suddenly need it urgently!

When my beloved boy Bear was struck with pancreatitis, the Vet and Animal Hospital bills started getting pretty serious but WW Pet Insce saved the day! Top service and I would recommend them to anyone who wants to protect their pet(s). Don’t leave home without it!

See all Woolworths Pet Insurance reviews