Pet Insurance Buying Guide

If your dog or cat becomes sick, pet insurance can help get the treatment they deserve. To get a better idea of how pet insurance works, continue reading so you can make an informed choice.

Read now

2.4

Zee

ZeePerth

First point of call is to reject claims without proper review & re-evaluation when supporting documentation is provided

MarkSouth East Queensland, QLD

Try to get out of paying

What a disappointment. I moved over to Woolworths and all they seem to do is delay and try to avoid making any type of payments. Don't touch these guys with a 10 foot pole and I am so sorry I changed!

Kaptin Kyle

Kaptin KyleBrisbane

Excessive premiums and excess

Johnny W.

Johnny W.Sydney, NSW

Actually very surprised... well done Woollies!

TheLoneRanger

TheLoneRangerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worth every cent when you suddenly need it urgently!

When my beloved boy Bear was struck with pancreatitis, the Vet and Animal Hospital bills started getting pretty serious but WW Pet Insce saved the day! Top service and I would recommend them to anyone who wants to protect their pet(s). Don’t leave home without it!

Hayley

HayleySydney, NSW

Fantastic service

My dog was attacked on Sunday afternoon by another dog in our neighbourhood which resulted in emergency after hours vet visit .
Cost me close to $2,000 for a overnight stay and operation on her leg
Woolworths pet insurance paid out less that 3 days later money straight back into my bank !!
I called on Monday to see if I would be covered for a pet attack , the lady on the phone was very very helpful
Can not recommend them enough !

Sharon G.Woolworths Pet Insurance
Dinesh L.

Dinesh L.Perth, WA

Money Extortion

Margie

MargieGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Perfect pet insurance

I have had my pet insurance with Woolworths for the past 4 years,I felt the policy was right for me and my dog,I had a problem using the portal so rang them direct .they were very helpful with helping me lodge my claim ,there fore taught me how to lodge on line .my claims were dealt with pretty quick, without me having to do much at all..highly recommend Woolworths pet insurance to anyone looking to get their pet insurance .

Hans J KlossMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Terrible Insurance

Policy Number WWP012/221256/01
Claim Number WWC21063151

Ryan A.Woolworths Pet Insurance

Thank you for your response Hans J Kloss, can you also please privately message us with your state and contact number so we can contact you.

Covered everything

We got Woolworths cover for our greyhound (ex-racer rescue). We had the cover from when he was around 7. Recently he became unwell and we were at the vet almost every day for a month, including lots of expensive trips to specialists. His diagnosis changed several times until finally, sadly, it was found that he had a brain tumour. We had no problems with Woolworths paying out 80% of all our bills, including his home euthanasia. Highly recommend and surprised to see all these negative reviews.

Worst insurance there is

Please I beg you at all cost do not go with these money hungry, conniving, slimy pieces of crap as an insurer. They are cheap and there is a reason! They will do anything to get out of paying!!! They declined my claim and it was only small but they find any way to get out of it. If you love your pet please go with ANYONE else.

Ryan A.Woolworths Pet Insurance

Hi Krystal, thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear of your experience with our claims process. If you wish to discuss your concerns further, please give us a call on 1300 10 1234 or alternatively email us at petinsurance@woolworths.com.au.

brewy551Sydney, NSW

Avoid at all cost!!!!!!!

Customer Service R.Woolworths Pet Insurance

Hi Brewy551, thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear of your experience with our claims process. If you wish to discuss your concerns further, please give us a call on 1300 10 1234 or alternatively email us at petinsurance@woolworths.com.au.

Henry Z.Woolworths Pet Insurance

Hi Brewy551, we want to assist you. Can you please provide your policy number in a private message so that we can follow this up for you ASAP? Thank you,

Hi Henry

Thanks for the follow up, I think it has been resolved, they said to wait 7 days for the cooling off period

Kim

KimSydney, NSW

What a waste of money!

I opted for a comprehensive policy as I had a new puppy and knew that I would need cover for his vaccinations and Desexing. I applied online, the process was vague, there wasn't any info about the threshold of cover and amount of cover i was entitled to for certain 'benefits' I added to my policy. I opted for a consultation benefit, with the cover amount being $300. I have only managed to successfully claim for $50, I'm paying $51 per month! In total I've paid almost $900 for various vaccinations and desexing and got $50 off, what a HUGE WASTE of money.

Henry Z.Woolworths Pet Insurance

Best thing I ever did for my beloved dog

Henry Z.Woolworths Pet Insurance

Hi cmj, thanks for sharing your feedback of your Woolworths Pet Insurance with us. Thank you for choosing Woolworths Insurance and sharing your recommendation with potential future members of our cover. Thanks !

Paid promptly and great phone service

I have 2 17 year old cats. I took out Pet insurance months prior to one of my cats becoming very ill. I was paid in a couple of weeks of putting in claims. Very happy with this insurance.

Henry Z.Woolworths Pet Insurance

Hi Judy Guest, we are happy to hear of your satisfaction with our Claims process. We'd like to take this time to thank you once again for choosing Woolworths Insurance and sharing your recommendation !

Customer Service R.Woolworths Pet Insurance

Hi Judy, Thank you for your positive feed back we are thrilled to hear about your positive experience.

Noel R

Noel RPerth, WA

Stay Away!

Waste of money! Woolworths will do anything to avoid paying out! I made 4 claims with one as low as $29. All declined. All with pathetic reasons why declined. Stay right away and seek other insurance companies!

Si Fei H.Woolworths Pet Insurance

Hi Noel, thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear of your experience with our claims process. If you wish to discuss your concerns further, please give us a call on 1300 10 1234 or alternatively email us at petinsurance@woolworths.com.au.

SpannaPerth, WA

Way too long to process claim

I have put two claims in and have been made to jump through hoops just for them to be processed. Too much paperwork required and not enough feedback on my claims. It has been nearly a month since I lodged my first claim. I did not think it would be this hard. If you have adopted a pet be prepared to be put through the ringer making a claim! Thinking about changing to another insurer who won't make me feel like I am a criminal.

Si Fei H.Woolworths Pet Insurance

Hi Spanna, thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear of your experience with our claims process. If you wish to discuss your concerns further, please give us a call on 1300 10 1234 or alternatively email us at petinsurance@woolworths.com.au.

Spanna

Can you just answer me why it has taken over a month since I put my first claim in and nothing has been done? Not good customer service at all.

John95

John95Lake Munmorah

SCAM - RIP OFF

All claims refused without exception. This is a scam. We have now cancelled this worthless policy. This is useless and a complete waste of money. It is just a rip off. A scam to get money from unsuspecting people. This company does not pay claims.

Fast and efficient

I find this insurance company great. I have put in claims and had them paid out within a week! They even sent me a sympathy card when I had to have my cat put to sleep. I certainly feel the insurance is worthwhile, my animals are too precious not to have insurance and these guys have been great.

Manda

MandaSydney Surrounds, NSW

The worst!

TERRIBLE pet insurance company! Quite expensive fortnightly payments. All nice when you join up.. Then they are HORRIBLE to deal with, they lie and just give you the run around. BEWARE!!!!!

See all Woolworths Pet Insurance reviews