Woolworths Select Alpha 5 Razor

Woolworths Select Alpha 5 Razor

Garry

GarryNorthern Territory

Didn't realize how good they were until WW dropped them from stores

Been using them for 7 years when I decided to go beyond a Number 2 head shave. I went for the cheap option & they satisfied my whole head well.
But now WW in their wisdom have run out months ago.
I went to Schick Hydro 5 blade over a week ago and have never been more disappointed. My head now looks like a Dementia patients creative shavings no matter how hard I drag the blade.
Boy I really miss the cheapy Alpha blades

Richard

RichardVictoria

great value for money have had no issues with product other than unable to get it at the moment.

have used gillete mach 3 in the past have found the Woolworths select five brand to be as good at half the price, struggle to get it at the moment, excellent value for money highly recommend.

Sadly disappointed as I though I was on a winner.

I purchased the 5 blade Alpha razor with trimmer as was excited when I started using it. It left my legs feeling smooth and soft. I was disappointed when I had to purchase extra cartridges as they were blunt and cut my shins every time I used the razor. The blades only lasted one shaving session. The original blades I used that came in the pack lasted about 12 months before they needed replacing. Why are the extra cartridges always blunt when they are replaced. Very disappointed.

Boz

BozAU

Nightmare product

I went through about four of these razors. Having never been prone to cutting before. I noticed from the outset I started getting cuts using these razors, but naively put this down to a possible skin change rather than the tool at hand. This came to a head when I seriously cut myself using this razor. Left a massive scab for weeks & subsequently months on, has left a scar. So thank you Woolies for scarring my face. In short, I feel I should be somoensated for using this product.

Joe

JoeAdelaide

Rubbish. Do not buy.

phillosh

philloshBrisbane

Great till falls off the wall!

The wall hanger provided with this razor is a good idea except that it does not attach well to the wall. Because of the weight of the razor, after a couple of falls the razor completely shattered, leaving me with a bin quality razor and 5 blades still unused! Will I purchase another? No. Sorry!

James

JamesPerth

Best budget razor

Great razor. They have fixed the clogging issue.

Earlier reviews noted that the back of the razor is sealed preventing you from cleaning the blades.
This is no longer the case so no problem cleaning the blades.
The shave was as close and smooth as my Gillette 5 blade fusion.
Great shave at a small fraction of the price of other comparable blades.

Mandy

Mandy

Best razor

My husband and I use this razor (separate ones ofcourse) and it's the only one that doesn't cut a certain part of his face and I can do my whole legs with ease and gives Mr a soft silky finish everytime. $6.99 well spent everytime

SYD

SYDSydney, NSW

Astounding

The rear of the cartridge is completely sealed!!!You cannot flush the hair from the blades under running water & thrashing it about in a basin full of water is equally useless. Each time I attempted to clear the blades, they broke away from the rest of the cartridge & were unable to be reattached
It did not complete 1 shave.
@ $6.99 the ”woolworth's select alpha 5 blade razor is a third of price of the gillette fusion flexi-ball proglide power, which is unarguably the best product in this category. The alpha is dysfunctional & most likely the worst.

J.JenkinsonMelbourne

Price is what you pay - value is what you get...