Poor Service

The website seems to have intermittent issues where it'll take payment but not issue any policy. The call centre staff seem unable or unwilling to provide assistance. Every call promised the world but they've yet to deliver on anything promised.

Perhaps it's worth reviewing your business contingency plans to ensure when problems occur with the website, that the business can handle the backlog of applications in a suitable timeframe.

Don't bother

I purchased travel insurance money came out of the bank but I didn't get a policy. After 2 days and heaps of calls I finally managed to actually get to talk to someone. I decided not to risk it so asked for my money back. I will now wait to see how long that takes. They don't answer their phone or give policies after paying for it.

Great customer service!

My husband unfortunately got ill whilst in Bali, we have always purchased travel insurance but never used it before. I reported illness via email when he was taken to hospital. I received a prompt return email with a caring concern for his well being, advice and offers of assistance. The next morning I received and email checking on his health and again offers of help. He was treated and released, I advised his condition and that we would continue on our holiday. The response was prompt and helpful with information on what we needed to claim when we got home. I did the claim online which was simple, scanned reports and receipts. Within 10 days we received the cost reimbursement. Great service! Will definetly purchase again and recommend to everyone.

Claim DateAugust 2019
Claim ApprovedYes

Don’t get this product if you think you are at all likely to make a claim

Unfortunately due to circumstances out of our control we had to amend our travel plans. Woolworths deemed this to be a delay expense and would not cover the claims we had made to recoup the costs incurred.

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)
Type of ClaimTravel Delays/Cancellations
Claim ApprovedNo

Not to travel without it

Top value, five minutes to put in place, only took 6 days from start to finish for a claim, first time user of Woolworths travel insurance but certainly not my last

Claim ApprovedYes

I claimed for cancelled flights and a tour due to sickness prior to departure. I received the exact amount I claimed for within the expected time-frame and subsequently will use Woolworths good value policies for any future travel.

Claim ApprovedYes
Hi 47mdavid, Thank you for your review, and your honest feedback. we are glad to hear that you were able to make a claim and get the result you needed. We are happy to hear that you will return to Woolworths Travel Insurance in the future and we appreciate you as a customer. Thank you once again for your Review.

Great out come

Was worried when l had to cancel my trip because it was my husband that had to have the operation 1 phone call and was emailed the claim form was told to lodge it at any time.When l sent it in had email to say will have a response with in 10 days then asked for a bit more information about my travel plans then 10 days later had email to say money would be in my bank 3-5 days which it was. Thank You Woolworths travel and many thanks to your staff.

Claim ApprovedYes
Dear D Best, Thank you for providing the review, we are glad to hear that you have received great customer experience from our Travel Insurance department. We hope that everything is okay with your husband. At Woolworths Insurance one of our core values is to listen and learn so we appreciate your feedback and your review.

Space for improvement

Today I received my Certificate of Insurance in pdf which astonishingly fails to include the Emergency Assistance phone number !

Why do customers need to write it on themselves .. and good luck to anyone who fails to notice the missing number and needs it !

Claim MadeNo
Hi RRR, thank you for your review. We are happy to hear about your fantastic experience with our Product however please be advised the emergency number is on the 2nd page of our product disclosure statement. We hope you have a great remainder of your week. Thank you for choosing Woolworths Insurance and if there is anything we can do to help in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us again.Dear Ryan A. Based on your response which shows no concern about the matter raised my review can be amended to ‘one star’. I’ve been purchasing travel insurance twice a year from half dozen different insurance companies since many years and never before has the Emergency Assistance phone number not been included in the pdf that most customers would likely print and carry. Yes Emergency Assistance phone number is in the PDS .. great to know.Hi RRR, We appreciate your initial review and we are sorry to hear that you are wanting to alter your rating. At this stage, we do not have our emergency claims number on the PDF sent out, unfortunately. However, as mentioned it is included on our PDS. We appreciate your feedback, in regards to our products and documentation, as we are always wanting to listen and learn from our customers. This will be passed on to the relevant department in order to avoid any future inconvenience.

Not good.

Circumstance beyond our control we do not need travel insurance paid for .Another party in the same boat insured elsewhere got a pro rata repayment of the cost despite being out of the 15 day cooling off period. Insurance was to cover a trip with a departure in a couple weeks time.
- and Woolworths Hollard?
you guessed it - Naah - " you can cancel but you don't get a pro rata payment for not being able to use it- you have already had the benefit the insurance for a period from the time of taking it out. " Wow - isnt that why the other company is repaying pro rata?
well - I used to be a loyal Woolworts customer and have downloaded the forms for WOW car insurance. Guess who just lost a customer!

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)
Claim MadeNo
Hi acg, thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear about your experience with our cancellation process. If you wish to discuss your concerns further, please give us a call on 1300 10 1234 or alternatively send us a private message with your name and contact number, so we can arrange for a team member to contact you.

Woolworths Travel Insurance - The insurance you think you have, but you dont!!!!

It saddens me that Woolworths have come to this decision in declining my insurance claim due to a clause in the Woolworths travel insurance and I had my backpack stolen that was locked on my motorbike and was away from my bike for 2 minutes as was pick up food and because the bag was not personelly on me Woolworths decline my claim. My bag that was locked to my motorbike via a secure hook, which would be the same as if I had a car and the bag was inside the car, has caused my declined of claim.

I have travelled to Phuket, Thailand 10 times over the past two years to see my Thai wife, and each time have taken travel insurance through Flight Centre, and never in my travels and luck, have I had to use or claim through my travel insurance.

For the first, especially being a long term Woolworths shopper and credit card holder, I decided to use Woolworths travel insurance, and for the first time I have unfortunately had something happen, and even feeling upset after the incident of someone cutting my bag, which I presume by a knife to remove it from the lockable hook, I somewhat felt relieved as I had travel insurance to cover my expenses of my stolen items which was reported to Police with report and statement from the Thailand Police.

I will be travelling in the near future, but will not be using Woolworths Travel insurance again, along with my Woolworths credit card or continue shopping at Woolworths.

I will also make sure that I will write a demining blog to the internet world about your fine print clauses in Woolworths travel insurance, that when you are upset about losing your valuables, and you think it’s ok, Ive got travel insurance, Woolworths will pull out the fine print clause and decline your claim. (The insurance that you think you have, but you don’t because they will get you in the fine print with all there fine print clauses).

Not a happy customer. (Just remember every upset customers, loses another 10 customers

Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property
Claim ApprovedNo
Dear Paul S, thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear about your experience with our claims department while you were on your trip. We appreciate the feedback you have left, and have forwarded your input through to our claims department to take onboard. Again, we are sorry for the inconvenience caused.I was promised a phone call to discuss my claim but have had nothing so far after 5 days, just like Woolworth Insurance, very very poor.Dear Paul, Firstly I would like to apologize for the experience with our claims department. Please provide your claims number, policy number, contact number and also the state you reside via private message. we can contact you in regards to your request. We look forward to your response.

highly recommend this

first time I have used Woolworths Insurance and would recommend them, easy to deal with when I had a claim, paid out in a week, great support whilst overseas and needed help.

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Senior
Claim DateJune 2019
Claim ApprovedYes
Hi Robyn, thank you for your review. We are happy to hear about your fantastic experience with our Travel Insurance and Claims Process. We hope you had a great trip. Thank you for choosing Woolworths Insurance and if there is anything we can do to help in future, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

NO STARS

In certain instances, I feel a little leniency would go a long way. Woolworth’s had every piece of information regarding my lost iPhone in Vietnam, even to the point of me tracking it on ‘Lost my iphone’, and trying repeatedly to get it back, even getting the police involved, letters written by hotel staff and our tour organiser, yet they failed to honour my claim.

Woolworths, I will never again deal with your company.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateMay 2019
Claim ApprovedNo
Hi Susie, thanks for your review about us and about your claims experience. We apologise for any inconvenience caused and we are concerned that you have had this experience with us. We require some more information to assist you further. If you can please let us know your preferred contact number, state, claim number and policy number in a Private Message so that we can follow this up with you ASAP. Thank you.Ryan...I will send details in a private message tomorrow, thank you.Ryan...can you please tell me how I would private message you, thank you Susie

No online assistance whilst travelling

No online availability to extend coverage when stranded overseas. Chat service gave email address to contact which stated and did reply in 48hrs. By then home. Try anyone else first.

Insurance Cover For:Adult, Child and Teenager
Claim MadeNo
Hi Neil G, thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear of your experience with our contact methods and your experience while travelling. If you wish to discuss your concerns further, please give us a call on 1300 10 1234 or alternatively send us a private message with your name and contact number, so we can arrange for a team member to contact you.Apology given and explained that I should have been informed by chat service that my cover is automatically extended if there is an unexpected deley. This would have saved us a lot of running around and concern. I was told the staff aren't all aware of the products that they are supposed to be assisting us with and I was given the wrong advice at the time. Not very comforting.

A great travel insurance company

Well it's me again Milkyway, you only know if you got a good insurance company when it comes to claiming, well last year I had to claim twice and Woolworths travel Insurance paid out within the time they said which was 10 days, as long as you have all the information and receipts that they require.

I am so confidence in Woolworths travel Insurance at I have taken out three policies of this year's holiday nine that they have my back and if I have to make a claim they will sort it out for me.

Milkyway

Claim ApprovedYes
Hello milkyway, thank you for your great review and we will pass this on to the claims members. We are happy to hear about your fantastic experience with our Claims Team and we hope that you have an awesome time on you future trips. Thank you for choosing Woolworths Insurance and if there is anything we can do to help in future, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Customer Service 100%

I may not received the exact value that I accidentally broken but filling in the claim and receiving the claim so quick is outstanding! I am very thankful. It is very worth it to get Woolworths Travel Insurance.

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Child
Type of ClaimOther
Claim DateMarch 2019
Claim ApprovedYes
Hi Sherry, thank you for sharing your fantastic experience with the speediness of our claims process and we hope you have a great Easter. If you wish to discuss your claim further, please give us a call on 1300 10 1234 or alternatively email us at customerservice@woolworthsinsurance.com.au. Thank you for choosing Woolworths Insurance and if there is anything we can do to help in future, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

bri;;iant

we will look at woolworths travel insurance before any other in the future as the cover and price suited our needs perfectly and after making a claim, the ease of doing so and the way in which it was handled by allison was brilliant, i did not feel at all as though i was doing something wrong as a lot of claims personal make you feel when lodging a claim with other insurers. this was the second time we had used woolworths travel insurance. IT WONT BE THE LAST

Claim DateMarch 2019
Claim ApprovedYes
Hi Herb, thank you for your review. We are happy to hear about your fantastic experience with our claims process and Allison in particular. I'll make sure to pass your feedback along and hope you have a great Easter. Thank you for choosing Woolworths Insurance and if there is anything we can do to help in future, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Fantastic and easy

So easy to get online, such good value. There offerings of inclusions are well above other providers of comparable policies. However Woolworths are much better priced, with discounts offered on future trips. Certainly recommend.

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationAustralia and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Insurance TypeMulti-Trip
Claim MadeNo
Hi Yeah, thank you for your review. We are happy to hear about your fantastic experience with our cover and value for money. We hope you have a great Easter. Thank you for choosing Woolworths Travel Insurance and if there is anything we can do to help in future, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Very easy to fill in the forms and a quick response to any concerns we had! Thank you for all explanations and fast.

Good value and very easy to set up! Very professional and fast payment after lodgement of Claim’s.
We use Woolworths travel & other insurance throughout all our daily life! Including landlord- home and car insurance etc!
We have used Woolies travel insurance over the last 4 years. But we use Woolies for all other insurance for several years now! JB

Insurance TypeMulti-Trip
Claim DateFebruary 2019
Claim ApprovedYes
Hi John, thank you for your review. We are happy to hear about your fantastic experience with our claims process and hope you have a great Easter. Thank you for choosing Woolworths Travel Insurance and if there is anything we can do to help in future, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Would not recommend to my worst enemy

Hi there!
Would 100% not recommend having ANYTHING to do with Woolworths and their insurance unless you want to be screwed around.
My family were overseas when my father had a medical emergency involving a serious head injury, and the 'customer service' team at Woolworths were perhaps the worst I have ever had to deal with.
I spoke to three different parts of the claims department to arrange this over three days, and I had one 'question the validity' of my mother and sister staying with him until he could fly home - I emphasise that he had a head injury.
They then - before any paperwork had been lodged - advised that any claim we put through for this incident would be denied, and therefore meant that the insurance was not valid for the extra 5 days they had to stay overseas. This was after they had let the insurance lapse by being grossly uninformed about their own policies, and advised me to 'go elsewhere and see if they'll insure you' then letting me know in the next sentence that if I did that, that would ultimately void the insurance we had paid for through Woolworths!
Absolute annoying poor excuse of customer service, would never, ever recommend this to anybody.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Hi Rach, thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear of your experience with our claims process. If you wish to discuss your concerns further, please give us a call on 1300 10 1234 or alternatively email us at customerservice@woolworthsinsurance.com.au. You can also send us a private message with your name and contact number, so we can arrange for a team member to contact you.

Sad I cant use it again on turning 80

Cant believe the excellent service I received from Woolworths Travel Ins. Sent my claim in,[ with all the relevant details] and a week later I was notified that it had been accepted and 3 days after that the money was in my bank account. Just sorry i cant use you again as Ive now turned 80.

Type of ClaimTravel Delays/Cancellations
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Hi Pam, thank you for sharing your fantastic experience with our claims process and we hope you have a great Easter. Thank you for choosing Woolworths Insurance and i'm sad we can no longer insure you for future travels. You can contact the Insurance Council of Australia on 02 9253 5100 to find an insurer who is able to, and I hope your experience with them is just as pleasant as with us. Thank you once again, I wish you many more enjoyable travels.

I'm off for 2 years to Canada on a working visa. I'm required to present two year's worth of travel insurance at the border upon first arriving - I've bought one year with Woolworths, and want to buy a policy from November 2020 to November 2021. Is it possible to do this? The online quote system only allows for the next year. Thanks
Hi l found them very helpful l rang and asked a question on a new policy to make sure before doing it on line. I shopped around there rates are good.Dmost travel insurances are not for working situations (read all PDS carefully) .. perhaps buy your insurance from a Canadian insurer.

Have sat on phone for 45 mins till my battery ran flat! Am trying to extend a Feb 2020 policy. Please contact me. Policy 1906325690451. michealsealey@bigpond.com
Dear Michael, We have a sent you a private message to request further information so we can arrange a team member to call you back if you still require assistance.

Do you have a 24 hour number to ring if we need assistance and is it free.
Yes, is this a private message to send NoDear Michael, Thank you for contacting Woolworths travel insurance Our General Claims Enquiries number is 1300 10 1234 (9am to 5pm AEST Monday to Friday. In regards to Emergency Claims the number is +61 2 8883 7079 (reverse charges Outside Australia). And yes the service is completely free of charge

Woolworths Comprehensive Travel Insurance (Domestic)Woolworths Comprehensive Travel Insurance (Overseas)Woolworths Basic Travel Insurance (Domestic)Woolworths Basic Travel Insurance (Overseas)Woolworths Saver Travel Insurance (Domestic)Woolworths Saver Travel Insurance (Overseas)Woolworths Annual Multi-trip Travel Insurance (Domestic)Woolworths Annual Multi-Trip Travel Insurance (Overseas)
CategoryTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel Insurance
Contact Number 1300 10 12341300 10 12341300 10 12341300 10 12341300 10 12341300 10 12341300 10 12341300 10 1234
24-Hour Phone Contact NoNoNoNoNoNoNoNo
Online Live Chat NoNoNoNoNoNoNoNo
Other Insurance Types Offered Car, Home and Contents, Life and PetCar, Home and Contents, Life and PetCar, Home and Contents, Life and PetCar, Home and Contents, Life and PetCar, Home and Contents, Life and PetCar, Home and Contents, Life and PetCar, Home and Contents, Life and PetCar, Home and Contents, Life and Pet
UnderwriterHollardHollardHollardHollardHollardHollardHollardHollard
Maximum Age Covered 79 years old79 years old79 years old79 years old79 years old79 years old75 years old75 years old
Medical Coverage
Overseas Emergency Assistance Not IncludedUnlimitedNot IncludedUnlimitedNot IncludedUnlimitedNot IncludedUnlimited
Accidental Death$20,000$20,000Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included$20,000$20,000
Emergency DentalNot Included$500Not Included$500Not Included$500Not Included$500
Pregnancy (max weeks) 25 weeks25 weeks25 weeks25 weeks25 weeks25 weeks25 weeks25 weeks
Resumption of Journey Not Included$3,000 (as part of Additional Expenses)Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included$3,000 (as part of Additional Expenses)
Hospital Cash AllowanceNot Included$50 per day up to $5,000 (minimum 48 hours of hospitalisation required)Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included$50 per day up to $5,000 (minimum 48 hours of hospitalisation required)
Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital ExpensesNot IncludedUnlimitedNot IncludedUnlimitedNot IncludedUnlimitedNot IncludedUnlimited
Loss of IncomeNot Included$10,400 (max 26 weeks, up to $400 per complete week)Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included$10,400 (max 26 weeks, up to $400 per complete week)
Permanent DisabilityNot Included$25,000Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included$25,000
Luggage & Personal Effects
Theft of Cash $250$250Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included$250$250
Delayed Luggage Not Included$375 after 12 hours, $750 after 72 hoursNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included$375 after 12 hours, $750 after 72 hours
Credit Card FraudNot Included$5,000 (combined with Travel Documents cover)Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included$5,000 (combined with Travel Documents cover)
Travel Documents / Passport Not Included$5,000 (combined with Credit Card cover)Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included$5,000 (combined with Credit Card cover)
Maximum Single Item Limit $3,000 (computers, video recorders and cameras), $1,000 (mobile phones), $750 (all other items)$3,000 (computers, video recorders and cameras), $1,000 (mobile phones), $750 (all other items)$3,000 (computers, video recorders and cameras), $1,000 (mobile phones), $750 (all other items)$3,000 (computers, video recorders and cameras), $1,000 (mobile phones), $750 (all other items)$500$500$3,000 (computers, video recorders and cameras), $1,000 (mobile phones), $750 (all other items)$3,000 (computers, video recorders and cameras), $1,000 (mobile phones), $750 (all other items)
Luggage & Personal Effects $15,000$15,000$5,000$5,000$2,000 (excluding laptops, tablets, mobile phones, cameras and video cameras)$2,000 (excluding laptops, tablets, mobile phones, cameras and video cameras)$15,000$15,000
Ancillary
Personal Liability $3,000,000.00$3,000,000.00$1,000,000.00$1,000,000.00$1,000,000.00$1,000,000.00$3,000,000.00$3,000,000.00
Rental Vehicle Excess $5,000$5,000Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included$5,000$5,000
Motorbike / Moped Coverage Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Domestic Pet Care $500$500Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included$500$500
Special Activities Packages
GolfIncludedIncludedIncludedIncludedIncludedIncludedIncludedIncluded
CruiseIncludedIncludedIncludedIncludedIncludedIncludedIncludedIncluded
Adventure IncludedIncludedIncludedIncludedIncludedIncludedIncludedIncluded
Snow / SkiOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional Extra

Visit official website - Download manual