Roberta

RobertaDarling Downs, QLD

Thanks for nothing Woolworths

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea) and North America (inc. Hawaii)
Claim DateJanuary 2020

Danny W.

Danny W.Perth, WA

Softened the blow of having items stolen.

Purchased insurance primarily for medical and car excess coverage but grateful our baggage loss was mostly compensated by Woolworth insurance. It was a fair claims process without too much hassle.

Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property
Claim DateJanuary 2020

Negative experience

Used the service twice.
On the second occasion had a terrible experience the company.
The loss of my goods was bad enough however dealing with Woolworths insurance was even more stressful. They tried every trick int he book to not pay out. They quoted incorrect dates (hopefully by accident), accused me of lying and refused to reply to emails for weeks at a time.
Just spend the extra amount and use a reputable insurance company. Save yourself the hassle and stress.

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Christine Smith

Christine SmithSouth East Queensland, QLD

I couldn't be happier!

My husband became ill and could not travel. I was sceptical that the claim would be paid out. However, it was paid in full within 20 days. You could have knocked me over with a feather!
You hear so many stories about insurance companies not paying out on claims (maybe with good reasons we don’t get to hear of). In all my years of travel, I have never had to make a claim on insurance and was unsure how this would go!
I’m very grateful to Woolworths Travel and have said so on my facebook page. I will never use any other insurance company (although you may not want us to use you again)!!

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks

TonyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Not worth and a junk policy

Be careful with exclusions. I bought annual multi trip cover and this was my first claiming experience due to unexpected flight cancellation.
This policy doesn't cover cancellations due to technical fault by the airline & it doesn't state anywhere.
It is false advertising when selling this policy.
What is the point buying a travel insurance when it doesn't cover a common cause of flight cancellations??
Fresh food people should not sell "bad apples"

Hi Ryan,
thanks for the message and my policy number is TRVA-1910-347299505
Victoria.
Woolworth policy should have all my contact details.

Ryan A.Woolworths Travel Insurance

Hello Tony, thank you for your response, unfortunately we will need you to give us the above-requested information through private message for us to contact you. Please private message us with that and we will contact you about this.

Saints58

Saints58Sydney, NSW

Above and beyond.

Policy was good value and I had to make a claim which initially a significant portion of the claim was declined. I made contact with Woolworth's Insurance to discuss. They were very helpful and explained in detail why part of my claim was declined but subsequently granted an ex-gratia payment for the amount originally declined which was a terrific outcome and very much appreciated.

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks

Clive Boddington

Clive BoddingtonHunter Region, NSW

Exceptional service and outcome

When my wife became ill whilst holidaying in Thailand, I phoned the WTI helpline and was immediately put through to an operator who was able to give me clear and concise advice, telling me to get my wife to a certain hospital immediately. His advice, in the long-run, has most probably saved her life.
Upon returning home, WTL provided me with all the information required to make a claim which was settled within a surprisingly short space of time.
WTL not only handled our unfortunate situation (having to cut a month-long trip to one week) with expediency and proffessionalism but also with compassion.

Type of ClaimMedical and Travel Delays/Cancellations

JimDMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Woolworths Travel Insurance came to our rescue.

The policy was simple to set up. We did it on line with ease. We lodged a claim while overseas because my wife broke her ankle and required surgery in an overseas hospital. Once we were able to contact the emergency number we could tell we were in good hands from the emergency team to the nurse Kate R and also the claims team. They helped us out immensely taking a lot of the stress of the moment from us. While this is our second policy with Woolworths Insurance we will use them again for sure and have recommended them to our friends of which two are to travel soon and have Woolworths Travel Insurance. Thankyou travel insurance people in Woolworths Travel, really appreciated your efforts.

Claim DateAugust 2019
Ryan A.Woolworths Travel Insurance

Hello Jim, You can take a quote and a policy at any time through our website or you are able to contact our sales team and they will be able to discuss the situation for you. You can contact the sales team on 1300 10 1234.

Sujenna

SujennaSydney, NSW

I Will be going elsewhere for travel Insurance!!

The policy was a waste of money. It seems Woolworths, like most insurance companies, tries to wriggle out of any policy on fine print wording. Find another insurer as i shall be going elsewhere.

Gail

GailGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Awesome travel insurance, peace of mind and easy claim process

I normally used TID for my travel insurance but when my daughter was overseas she used Woolworths and had a medical issue and they were wonderful; even calling me the next day to ask how she was. We used them last trip to Bali and had a small claim which was sorted within a week. Not only are they great value and coverage but very easy to join and smooth claims process. Woolworths will be our new go to Travel Insurance as we go overseas every year +++++

Type of ClaimOther

Holly EA

Holly EA

Simple policy and claims process

I have used Woolworths twice and found their policies simple to buy and good value for money. I had an unexpected medical situation while I was away and the claims process was simple to complete and they honoured the claim within a week.

DestinationSouth America

G Belcher

G BelcherMid North Coast, NSW

Amazing Service

I would like to thank the people at Woolworths Insurance, we just got back from a holiday in Thailand where my husband became ill and had to be hospitalised. Woolworths Insurance were amazing, could not fault them. Nothing was to much trouble and your people rang everyday to check on us both and to make sure we had everything we needed. By far the best experience we have ever had with an Insurance company. We would especially like to thank Will and Stephan. We would highly recommend Woolworths Insurance......Garry and Jennifer Belcher

Josh

JoshSydney, NSW

A very positive experience

My daughter became ill during our trip. I immediately emailed Woolworths Travel Assistance and was surprised to receive a reply within 30mins detailing that everything was covered, what I needed to do and even included medical facilities located in the area. Over the course of the trip, they contacted me to see how everything was going and if there was anything further they could do.
When I made my claim upon my return which was straightforward online, I was reimbursed within 5 working days. I was very impressed and will continue to use Woolworths Travel Insurance for future trips, especially as the policy provided good coverage with a very competitive price.

Claim DateOctober 2019
Insurance Cover For:Adult and Child

MG99Sydney Surrounds, NSW

No replies to my emails

Although my claim was approved I have not yet received the settlement monies. Advised I they had wrong bank details, I provided details again. At the time Commbank had network issues. I have since sent two emails but have received not reply today 29/10/19

Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property
Claim DateOctober 2019
MG99

Have now received a reply to a third email, advising no receipt of previous emails, I checked my sent emails and they were sent to correct emails address. However this has now been settled and money is to be transferred in 3-5 days.

Clementine Brakenridge

Clementine BrakenridgeIllawarra, NSW

Couldn't get anywhere, trying to get travel insurance

Rang call centre, was kept on hold for over 40minutes with no response. Emailed customer service centre, received a reply that they would get back to me, no response from them either. No customer service at all. If this is the way they treat their customers I would rather go elsewhere, which is exactly what I did. I wonder how one would go if they had to make a claim. I'd rather not find out.

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea)
Tony Iorfino

Tony IorfinoSydney, NSW

Save your money

DestinationEurope and North America (inc. Hawaii)
Claim DateSeptember 2019

Unhappy Customer

Unhappy Customer

Poor Service

The website seems to have intermittent issues where it'll take payment but not issue any policy. The call centre staff seem unable or unwilling to provide assistance. Every call promised the world but they've yet to deliver on anything promised.

Perhaps it's worth reviewing your business contingency plans to ensure when problems occur with the website, that the business can handle the backlog of applications in a suitable timeframe.

Lynne

LynneDarwin

Don't bother

I purchased travel insurance money came out of the bank but I didn't get a policy. After 2 days and heaps of calls I finally managed to actually get to talk to someone. I decided not to risk it so asked for my money back. I will now wait to see how long that takes. They don't answer their phone or give policies after paying for it.

MariaB

MariaBGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great customer service!

Claim DateAugust 2019

JimM

JimMNewcastle

Don’t get this product if you think you are at all likely to make a claim

Unfortunately due to circumstances out of our control we had to amend our travel plans. Woolworths deemed this to be a delay expense and would not cover the claims we had made to recoup the costs incurred.

Angela

Angelaasked

We have paid for premium economy ticked from Sydney to London if something happens out of our control and our holiday is cancelled would Woolworths travel insurance cover the premium economy air fares in their insurance

Steve M

Steve Masked

How do I get in contact with emergency assistance if I am overseas?

JimD

Steve within your insurance policy there is a 24 hour emergency number that you should enter into your mobile phone. If an accident occurs then use that number and you will be assisted from that point. I know we were greatly assisted and from the point of contact the stress levels really subsided.

Fired Up

Via the phone number listed in the website

Ryan A.Woolworths Travel Insurance

Hello there Steve M, Thank you so much for your question, So if you are in need of emergency claims assistance then you can contact our team here: +61288837079, however, if you are requiring emergency policy assistance then you are able to contact our team here +61282795635. If there is anything else we can assist you with please feel free to call us on the above number or feel free to Live Chat with us through our website.

cocoasked

Hello
im a Woolworth employee am i able to get a discount ??

coco

would know what numbnuts ?

Fired Up

Logically contact your personnel department. Alternatively get a co-worker to ring and ask.

Ryan A.Woolworths Travel Insurance

Hello there Coco, Thank you so much for your question, Soin regards to staff discounts or any promotions, in general, you are able to see these on our website under the promotions tab. If you are looking for any discounts that are specifically applicable to yourself you will need to either call us on 1300 10 1234 or Live Chat with us through our website. If there is anything else we can assist you with please feel free to contact us as above and have a great remainder of your week.

Get an answer from our members and Woolworths Travel Insurance representatives