Karen P.

Karen P.

Unexpected result but very welcome one!

Claim DateMarch 2020

Don't bother...

If you want a company that will suppprt you in time of need when travel gets cancelled DON'T bother with Woolworth's travel insurance. Such a waste of money buying the insurance.

DestinationPacific Islands (e.g. Fiji, Vanuatu)
Type of ClaimOther
Pam Keily

Pam KeilyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worst Travel Insurance

I felt our policy was good value. We returned from our holiday on 26th Oct and have not had our claim resolved yet. Only used Woolworths once and never again.

DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)
Claim DateOctober 2019

B. O'Connor

Should have gone to a proper insurer instead of a supermarket!

beverley

beverleyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Very let down

As will many others, we booked our travel insurance months in advance of the corona virus becoming a known event...but there in the small print Woolworths insurance excludes a pandemic. It is tragic and devastating enough for people losing their dream holidays, but to find out you are not covered for such an unforeseeable event is just awful. The whole point of having insurance is to protect yourself - so many are suffering but woolworths insurance are happily announcing on their website that they have excluded themselves so don't even bother trying. This was the first time and definitely the last time I will ever get insurance with Woolworths. We should all boycott such cold and unhelpful businesses

DestinationNew Zealand
Insurance Cover ForAdult, Child and Teenager

Laslo Z.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very disappointed

My wife and I booked our holiday flights and accomodation well in advance. This was prior to any news regarding the coronavirus. I've just found out we're not covered for pandemics or epidemics. Be very careful when taking up insurance. All these companies are keen to take your money, but then won't look after you when something like this happens. It's no fault of our own yet we're likely to lose over $5k due to this virus and not be able to go on our holiday.

Laslo Z.

My review will hopefully help some people and prompt them to read the terms and conditions before signing up. I think pandemics should be covered just like natural disasters.

FredBloggsacity

Ex-gratia payment to cover costs even though not eligible

The claim did not meet the policy rules however WW made an ex-gratia payment which covered most of the loss. Policy is excellent value. Submitting the claim was easy. Processing of claim was fairly quick. Staff were easy to work with.

Claim DateFebruary 2020

Haych DizzelleAustralian Capital Territory

No cover for Coronavirus

I confirmed with their customer support. When you need this policy to protect you most, it will let you down. If you are travelling and you get ill with Coronavirus they will not cover you, even if you’ve been travelling before Coronavirus started. They have no interest in protecting you. Do not trust them.

Roberta

RobertaDarling Downs, QLD

Thanks for nothing Woolworths

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea) and North America (inc. Hawaii)
Claim DateJanuary 2020

Danny W.

Danny W.Perth, WA

Softened the blow of having items stolen.

Purchased insurance primarily for medical and car excess coverage but grateful our baggage loss was mostly compensated by Woolworth insurance. It was a fair claims process without too much hassle.

Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property
Claim DateJanuary 2020

Negative experience

Used the service twice.
On the second occasion had a terrible experience the company.
The loss of my goods was bad enough however dealing with Woolworths insurance was even more stressful. They tried every trick int he book to not pay out. They quoted incorrect dates (hopefully by accident), accused me of lying and refused to reply to emails for weeks at a time.
Just spend the extra amount and use a reputable insurance company. Save yourself the hassle and stress.

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Christine Smith

Christine SmithSouth East Queensland, QLD

I couldn't be happier!

My husband became ill and could not travel. I was sceptical that the claim would be paid out. However, it was paid in full within 20 days. You could have knocked me over with a feather!
You hear so many stories about insurance companies not paying out on claims (maybe with good reasons we don’t get to hear of). In all my years of travel, I have never had to make a claim on insurance and was unsure how this would go!
I’m very grateful to Woolworths Travel and have said so on my facebook page. I will never use any other insurance company (although you may not want us to use you again)!!

TonyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Not worth and a junk policy

Be careful with exclusions. I bought annual multi trip cover and this was my first claiming experience due to unexpected flight cancellation.
This policy doesn't cover cancellations due to technical fault by the airline & it doesn't state anywhere.
It is false advertising when selling this policy.
What is the point buying a travel insurance when it doesn't cover a common cause of flight cancellations??
Fresh food people should not sell "bad apples"

DestinationAustralia

Hi Ryan,
thanks for the message and my policy number is TRVA-1910-347299505
Victoria.
Woolworth policy should have all my contact details.

Ryan A.Woolworths Travel Insurance

Hello Tony, thank you for your response, unfortunately we will need you to give us the above-requested information through private message for us to contact you. Please private message us with that and we will contact you about this.

Saints58

Saints58Sydney, NSW

Above and beyond.

Policy was good value and I had to make a claim which initially a significant portion of the claim was declined. I made contact with Woolworth's Insurance to discuss. They were very helpful and explained in detail why part of my claim was declined but subsequently granted an ex-gratia payment for the amount originally declined which was a terrific outcome and very much appreciated.

Clive Boddington

Clive BoddingtonHunter Region, NSW

Exceptional service and outcome

When my wife became ill whilst holidaying in Thailand, I phoned the WTI helpline and was immediately put through to an operator who was able to give me clear and concise advice, telling me to get my wife to a certain hospital immediately. His advice, in the long-run, has most probably saved her life.
Upon returning home, WTL provided me with all the information required to make a claim which was settled within a surprisingly short space of time.
WTL not only handled our unfortunate situation (having to cut a month-long trip to one week) with expediency and proffessionalism but also with compassion.

Type of ClaimMedical and Travel Delays/Cancellations

JimDMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Woolworths Travel Insurance came to our rescue.

The policy was simple to set up. We did it on line with ease. We lodged a claim while overseas because my wife broke her ankle and required surgery in an overseas hospital. Once we were able to contact the emergency number we could tell we were in good hands from the emergency team to the nurse Kate R and also the claims team. They helped us out immensely taking a lot of the stress of the moment from us. While this is our second policy with Woolworths Insurance we will use them again for sure and have recommended them to our friends of which two are to travel soon and have Woolworths Travel Insurance. Thankyou travel insurance people in Woolworths Travel, really appreciated your efforts.

Claim DateAugust 2019
Ryan A.Woolworths Travel Insurance

Hello Jim, You can take a quote and a policy at any time through our website or you are able to contact our sales team and they will be able to discuss the situation for you. You can contact the sales team on 1300 10 1234.

Sujenna

SujennaSydney, NSW

I Will be going elsewhere for travel Insurance!!

The policy was a waste of money. It seems Woolworths, like most insurance companies, tries to wriggle out of any policy on fine print wording. Find another insurer as i shall be going elsewhere.

DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)
Gail

GailGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Awesome travel insurance, peace of mind and easy claim process

I normally used TID for my travel insurance but when my daughter was overseas she used Woolworths and had a medical issue and they were wonderful; even calling me the next day to ask how she was. We used them last trip to Bali and had a small claim which was sorted within a week. Not only are they great value and coverage but very easy to join and smooth claims process. Woolworths will be our new go to Travel Insurance as we go overseas every year +++++

Type of ClaimOther
Holly EA

Holly EA

Simple policy and claims process

I have used Woolworths twice and found their policies simple to buy and good value for money. I had an unexpected medical situation while I was away and the claims process was simple to complete and they honoured the claim within a week.

DestinationSouth America
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
G Belcher

G BelcherMid North Coast, NSW

Amazing Service

I would like to thank the people at Woolworths Insurance, we just got back from a holiday in Thailand where my husband became ill and had to be hospitalised. Woolworths Insurance were amazing, could not fault them. Nothing was to much trouble and your people rang everyday to check on us both and to make sure we had everything we needed. By far the best experience we have ever had with an Insurance company. We would especially like to thank Will and Stephan. We would highly recommend Woolworths Insurance......Garry and Jennifer Belcher

Claim Resolution Time<1 week

Judith

Judithasked

Woolworths Travel Insurance

Does my free travel insurance with woolworths credit card provide for cancellation of accommodation due to pandemic - Covid 19?

Lorna Rankin

Lorna Rankinasked

Woolworths Travel Insurance

We have a multi trip policy with Woolworths Aug 19-Aug 20 $401 that encompasses a trip end of March & July. Can we get a refund as it is likely we won’t travel in July either?

Lissa J.asked

Woolworths Travel Insurance

My cruise just got cancelled that was leaving from Sydney on Monday. How do I go getting a refund on flights, parking, accommodation and the cruise? I have been tryin to call, but the line is busy (understandable)

FredBloggs

I assume you have tried to cancel all that you can. If not then do that to try and reduce your losses. Being proactive should help with your insurance claim.
1. For the cruise it might depend on where it was going and which line. Cruise companies usually have an info page with cruises news/changes/cancellations/etc. Here is Princess cruises site (if it applies to you): https://www.princess.com/news/notices_and_advisories/ (they have a voluntary pause in cruises for 60 days from 12/3/2020. Maybe others do too).
2. For flights, you might be able to cancel for a smaller fee, depending on what type of fare you bought.
3. For parking, if its at Sydney airport you can usually cancel as long as its a couple of days out, not sure about other facilities.
4. For accommodation, hopefully it is refundable. Otherwise, cancelling may incur a fee of the first night. Any after cruise accommodation should be cancelled, assuming you will not use it.
For claiming, if you have Woolworth's travel insurance you can lodge a claim online and you should be able to do this with other insurers. Check the website for the company you insured through. However, you can only claim if you have a "cancel for any reason" option or your policy includes epidemic/pandemic inclusion. (Woolworth's travel insurance excludes these so won't pay if that is the reason you cancelled). It is still worth claiming as they may make an ex-Gratia payment (but this also depends on their good will and how early you took the insurance out)
Good Luck

Update. Just noticed you indicated your cruise was cancelled. If that was by the cruise line then they should refund you but if you cancelled then probably not

Get an answer from our members and Woolworths Travel Insurance representatives