Woolworths Travel Insurance

Woolworths Travel Insurance

A great travel insurance company

Well it's me again Milkyway, you only know if you got a good insurance company when it comes to claiming, well last year I had to claim twice and Woolworths travel Insurance paid out within the time they said which was 10 days, as long as you have all the information and receipts that they require.

I am so confidence in Woolworths travel Insurance at I have taken out three policies of this year's holiday nine that they have my back and if I have to make a claim they will sort it out for me.

Milkyway

DestinationAustralia/Oceania
Claim ApprovedYes
Hello milkyway, thank you for your great review and we will pass this on to the claims members. We are happy to hear about your fantastic experience with our Claims Team and we hope that you have an awesome time on you future trips. Thank you for choosing Woolworths Insurance and if there is anything we can do to help in future, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Customer Service 100%

I may not received the exact value that I accidentally broken but filling in the claim and receiving the claim so quick is outstanding! I am very thankful. It is very worth it to get Woolworths Travel Insurance.

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Child
DestinationAsia
Type of ClaimOther
Claim DateMarch 2019
Claim ApprovedYes
Hi Sherry, thank you for sharing your fantastic experience with the speediness of our claims process and we hope you have a great Easter. If you wish to discuss your claim further, please give us a call on 1300 10 1234 or alternatively email us at customerservice@woolworthsinsurance.com.au. Thank you for choosing Woolworths Insurance and if there is anything we can do to help in future, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

bri;;iant

we will look at woolworths travel insurance before any other in the future as the cover and price suited our needs perfectly and after making a claim, the ease of doing so and the way in which it was handled by allison was brilliant, i did not feel at all as though i was doing something wrong as a lot of claims personal make you feel when lodging a claim with other insurers. this was the second time we had used woolworths travel insurance. IT WONT BE THE LAST

DestinationAustralia/Oceania
Claim DateMarch 2019
Claim ApprovedYes
Hi Herb, thank you for your review. We are happy to hear about your fantastic experience with our claims process and Allison in particular. I'll make sure to pass your feedback along and hope you have a great Easter. Thank you for choosing Woolworths Insurance and if there is anything we can do to help in future, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Fantastic and easy

So easy to get online, such good value. There offerings of inclusions are well above other providers of comparable policies. However Woolworths are much better priced, with discounts offered on future trips. Certainly recommend.

DestinationAsia and Australia/Oceania
Insurance TypeMulti-Trip
Claim MadeNo
Hi Yeah, thank you for your review. We are happy to hear about your fantastic experience with our cover and value for money. We hope you have a great Easter. Thank you for choosing Woolworths Travel Insurance and if there is anything we can do to help in future, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Very easy to fill in the forms and a quick response to any concerns we had! Thank you for all explanations and fast.

Good value and very easy to set up! Very professional and fast payment after lodgement of Claim’s.
We use Woolworths travel & other insurance throughout all our daily life! Including landlord- home and car insurance etc!
We have used Woolies travel insurance over the last 4 years. But we use Woolies for all other insurance for several years now! JB

Insurance TypeMulti-Trip
Claim DateFebruary 2019
Claim ApprovedYes
Hi John, thank you for your review. We are happy to hear about your fantastic experience with our claims process and hope you have a great Easter. Thank you for choosing Woolworths Travel Insurance and if there is anything we can do to help in future, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Would not recommend to my worst enemy

Hi there!
Would 100% not recommend having ANYTHING to do with Woolworths and their insurance unless you want to be screwed around.
My family were overseas when my father had a medical emergency involving a serious head injury, and the 'customer service' team at Woolworths were perhaps the worst I have ever had to deal with.
I spoke to three different parts of the claims department to arrange this over three days, and I had one 'question the validity' of my mother and sister staying with him until he could fly home - I emphasise that he had a head injury.
They then - before any paperwork had been lodged - advised that any claim we put through for this incident would be denied, and therefore meant that the insurance was not valid for the extra 5 days they had to stay overseas. This was after they had let the insurance lapse by being grossly uninformed about their own policies, and advised me to 'go elsewhere and see if they'll insure you' then letting me know in the next sentence that if I did that, that would ultimately void the insurance we had paid for through Woolworths!
Absolute annoying poor excuse of customer service, would never, ever recommend this to anybody.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Hi Rach, thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear of your experience with our claims process. If you wish to discuss your concerns further, please give us a call on 1300 10 1234 or alternatively email us at customerservice@woolworthsinsurance.com.au. You can also send us a private message with your name and contact number, so we can arrange for a team member to contact you.

Sad I cant use it again on turning 80

Cant believe the excellent service I received from Woolworths Travel Ins. Sent my claim in,[ with all the relevant details] and a week later I was notified that it had been accepted and 3 days after that the money was in my bank account. Just sorry i cant use you again as Ive now turned 80.

Type of ClaimTravel Delays/Cancellations
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Hi Pam, thank you for sharing your fantastic experience with our claims process and we hope you have a great Easter. Thank you for choosing Woolworths Insurance and i'm sad we can no longer insure you for future travels. You can contact the Insurance Council of Australia on 02 9253 5100 to find an insurer who is able to, and I hope your experience with them is just as pleasant as with us. Thank you once again, I wish you many more enjoyable travels.

Disgraceful! Don't go here. These guys are penny pinchers

Bought travel insurance for 3 people including my elderly mother to travel within Australia but had to cancel because my mum fell ill and had to be hospitalised. Lodged a claim and it wasn't paid out because my mum is not a Australian resident. Funny how they happily took the premium to include her in the policy. Careful, read the fine print, these guys are all about $$$

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Senior
Claim ApprovedNo
Hi PNG, thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear of your experience with our cover and the lack of clarity. I will forward your feedback to our management team to improve our processes in future. If you wish to discuss your concerns further, please give us a call on 1300 10 1234 or alternatively email us at customerservice@woolworthsinsurance.com.au.

Woolworths

Made a claim with Woolworths only a couple of days later claim was paid into my account..... excellent service I recommend Woolworths travel insurance to everyone.. thanks Woolworths I will continue to use you in the future thanks again

Claim DateFebruary 2019
Claim ApprovedYes
Hi Steve, thank you for your review. We are happy to hear about your fantastic experience with our claims process and hope you have a great Easter. Thank you for choosing Woolworths Travel Insurance and if there is anything we can do to help in future, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Positive outcome after trip cancelled

My elderly mother had to cancel her trip due to a medical emergency with another family member. Once we had the forms and she was in the system, communication was great, with updates telling her where she was at and what was going on. Her money was reimbursed within weeks of the claim being submitted and the team was professional and efficient. So we had a good experience. thanks

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi PMS, Thank you for sharing your experience with Woolworths Travel Insurance. Hope to assist you in future again.

Worst Travel Insurance Company Ever!!!!

My husband and I took out travel insurance for our Europe trip from 26 Dec to 24 Jan. we decided to stay longer until 9 Feb so consistent with the terms of our policy rang Woolworths from overseas to extend before our policy expired. Our first contact with them was an international call from Italy - got told to ring back during Australian business hours (ie the middle of the night in Italy). Second attempt rang from Ireland - spent 26 minutes on an international call to Woolworths Insurance - got extension approved but their system had a problem and could not take payment- told they’d note on policy and confirm by email. No email confirmation arrives so we email them. Get an automated response saying we can get extension by email. Third attempt we are back in Italy and ring again - middle of night and 36 minute international call. Told system still can’t take card and they will sort and definitely email us. Told senior customer service person dealing with it. A few days later still no communication or email from them so we email them - get response saying we can’t extend by email please ring them on the 1300 number during Australian business hours aaaah!!!!! So here I am staying up in the middle of the night in Zurich about to make my 4th international call to this incompetent insurance company to give them my credit card details for the 6th time to get our policy extended. Really getting stressed now as our current policy expires on Thursday and we won’t have travel insurance unless we can stay up to ring them in the middle of the night Swiss time and their system is fixed. We will NEVER use this incompetent company ever again and I would like to warn anyone else off using them. They could not care less and staff have no concept of what time it might be for their customers overseas or how much an international call to Woolworths travel Insurance 1300 number costs from overseas. Absolutely hopeless.

Insurance claim madeNo
Hello there, thanks for sharing your experience with Woolworths Travel Insurance. We are very sorry to hear of the situation . We'd like to have our Travel Insurance Team to follow this up with you directly. Please share with us, on the Private Message, your preferred contact number and policy numberAfter writing this review I checked my credit card statement and found that on each occasion I had rung and Woolworths said that their systems wasn’t taking my credit card it had in fact taken the payment from my card. Not only did I make all those international calls at Woolworths insistance that I had to call them personally to pay for the extension but I have now paid the premium for the policy extension of $150.04 3 times. I’m now trying to get the overpayments back from them. Aaahhh!!!Hi Sydney, thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear of your experience with our billing. If you wish to discuss your concerns further, please give us a call on 1300 10 1234 or alternatively send us a private message with your name and contact number, so we can arrange for a team member to contact you.

very happy traveller

we have used woolworths travel insurance quite a few times now we take out yearly travel with them .last time we were oversea my husband ended up in a budapest hospital having surgery had no trouble claiming back from Woolworths paid for everything so we are happy travellers

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi Sue, thanks for sharing your review with us regarding our Travel Insurance cover. We're sorry to hear your husband had to visit the hospital during your last trip away to Budapest. We're pleased to hear we had assist in accommodating you both during this time. We appreciate your thoughts and would like to thank you again for choosing Woolworths Travel Insurance. Thank you.

Absolute Joke - Dont let their low price fool you

After being robbed $300 cash on a trip to Bali recently (broke into our villa in Umalas 1) i spent hours the next day getting a Police report (including trips back and forth from the villa so the police could inspect the scene, having to hand over my passport to authorities that you never know if you can trust) - Woolworth's denies my claim because the cash wasn't on my person at the time of robbery? After all the effort i put in to get all the documentation they required for the claim. So Woolworths insurance would you rather me be physically assaulted and stripped of my money in the street to be eligible to claim the money back on the policy that i now WASTED money on. You have clearly strategically selected these policy exemptions to the point that even victims of crime can not be compensated for their loss. This is how they keep prices so low - they have exemptions for every possible scenario. The best part? I submitted my claim in November and didnt hear back anything at all until i proactively followed them up yesterday (2/01). Good to know they used those 6 weeks wisely - to check every square inch of their policy to find a reason not to pay my seemingly minor claim. ROBBED IN BALI. ROBBED BY WOOLWORTHS.

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi there, we are very sorry to hear about your situation. We would like to have our Travel Claims Team to look into this for you. Please kindly provide your policy number and contact details via Private Message. Again, we are very sorry to hear your situation.

Refund refused because trip cancelled

3 occasions. All top cover.
I have never previously had a reason to make a claim.
This time trip cancelled ultimately due to tour operator liquidating.
However advised by Woolworths that policy does not cover for trips cancelled by tour company. Can’t imagine this would be acceptable to any potential claimant.

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi Lyn, thanks for sharing your review with us. We're sorry to hear your claim had been declined by our team. We apologise for any inconvenience caused to you. Please share with us your full name, preferred contact number, policy number, claim number and state in a Private Message so we can have our team follow this up with you as soon as possible. Thank you.

I would choose Woolworths Travel Insurance again

This was the first time I've used Woolworths and when I had an incident that resulted in the loss of personal items they were very helpful in guiding me how to make the claim. The claim process was very easy to complete and they responded and paid me the claim within the time they specified. Overall it was a great experience considering I'd lost something very valuable to me.

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi Jess_Florida, thanks for sharing your review with us. We're sorry to hear you had lost some of your personal items during your trip away. We're pleased to hear we had provided you with quality service and had guided you through our Claims Process. Thanks again for choosing Woolworths Travel Insurance for your trip and trips to come!

Excess per person is ridiculous!!!

I have used this company twice now, first time was fine because I didn't need to make a claim! Second time I was not happy as my son became extremely ill and was not allowed to travel, so I put a claim in and not only I was I charged a $100 excess, but so were both my children... both under the age of 12! So I ended up paying a $300 excess instead of $100 on only one policy! Im not sure how they figure that, seen as my children were both free to put on the policy! Im not impressed and will NEVER be going through this company again!

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi Jess, thanks for sharing your review with us. We're very sorry to hear your son had fallen ill before you had travelled. We're very sorry to hear of the excesses you had been charged for due to your claim. We apologise for any inconvenience caused to you. We'd like to arrange for our Travel Claims Team to look into this issue further. Please share with us your full name, preferred contact number, policy number, claim number and state in a Private Message so we can have our team contact you directly about this. Thanks!

Great to deal with

I have used this insurance everytime I travel.They were fantastic to deal with when I madea claim,which I did in last trip.

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi Pancake, thanks for sharing your review with us. We're glad to hear we had been fantastic to deal with and has been able to assist you with your claim. Thank you for choosing Woolworths Travel Insurance cover!Thankyou for being such a great Company

Good value and inquiries dealt with promptly.

This is the first time using Woolworths insurance. They were considerably cheaper than some other well known travel insurers for similar policies. They covered and paid for equipment damage during our trip with refreshing professionalism, We have never had to make a travel related claim before and expected the usual disappointment associated with most insurance companies. We Definitely recommend Woolies travel insurance .

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi Denise, thanks for sharing your review with us. We're glad to hear we were able to deal with your enquiries promptly and cover the equipment that had been damaged during your trip abroad. We appreciate your recommendation and thank you once again for taking up one of our Travel Insurance policies!

Great Service, Fast and efficient!

I have used Woolies insurance about 5 times, made our first claim this trip (actually two claims) both were finalised very fast with no problems.

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi Jen, thanks for sharing your review with us. We're pleased to hear your frequent member of our Travel Insurance coverage. We aim to provide our customers with a prompt resolution to their claims. We're pleased to hear we've been able to live up to these expectations. Thanks again for choosing Woolworths Travel Insurance.

It's easy and reasonable!

I have been using twice this woolworth travel insurance.
It is easy to get on line and have choices.I have claimed first time this time.It was easy and so quick. I definitely use again next time as well.

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi COCO, thanks for sharing your review with us. We're glad to hear you're a returning customer. We're pleased to know we were able to make your first claims experience a pleasant one. We appreciate you for choosing Woolworths for your Travel Insurance cover for your trips to come. Thanks!

Hi your pre exiting medical conditions are not entirely clear. I have had a heart bypass in 2016. I am 65 strong and healthy but as a result of the surgery now take a statin drug and an anticoagulant for atrial fibulation which is entirely under control. Will Woolworths insurance cover this condition
i had 5 bypasses in may 2016 Woolworths covered me for everything i needed cover for except for any heart problem, i was happy to take that policy as it was a lot cheaper than other policies for exactly the same amount of cover.Woolworths were brilliant i did actually put in a claim that was not related to my heart and was paid very quickly.my advice would be to ring Woolworths Travel Insurance and talk to them directHey Gary D., Thank you for your question regarding our Travel Insurance. With your query, you are correct in that we would not be covering you in regards to your Heart Bypass. However, we are able to fully insure you and cover you for everything and anything else (in accordance with our inclusions and exclusions). If you wish to speak to one of our agents or have any queries feel free to call us on 1300 10 1234 or email us at customerservice@woolworthsinsurance.com.au or alternativly send us your name, mobile number, state and preferred contact time via private message and we will have one of our agents ring you as soon as possible.Hi Gary D I glad that you have your heart problem under control like yourself my was prostate cancer stage 4 and it is all under control now and as Ryan says from Woolworths travel Insurance you are still covered for everything else except your heart condition, like myself I'm covered for everything else except if I have any more prostate cancer troubles and like yourself I hope you and I never do have any more. I am still using Woolworths travel Insurance as when I was sent home from New Zealand on a cruise and was diagnosed when I got back to Australia, but as I said in my earlier statement everything was paid-up by Woolworths travel Insurance, that is Why we have taken out two more insurance policies from them as I know that if I do have to claim again as long as it it's not for my previous condition that I am covered, I hope this is some help to you Milkyway

hi im just wondering what warrants a cancellation claim, i am paying for my son and his girlfriend to go to Bali, if they break up before going am i able to claim the cost of their tickets?
Thank you Louisehale for your question. In regards to claims they are all decided on a case by case basis and therefore if you are needing to make this type of claim they will evaluate all the circumstances surrounding this event. If you are wanting to discuss this exact situation with our claims department feel free to contact them on 1300 10 1234 and based off information you give us we can give you an idea as to what the outcome would be.

Why can't I get a quote?
I just went on to the Woolworths travel insurance site and it asked me straight away if I wanted a quote. Really didnt have any problems there. Perhaps if you rang them you might have more joy that wayHi Lou, that's a fantastic question. You can obtain a quote for our Travel Insurance using this link https://insurance.woolworths.com.au/travel-insurance/travel-quote.html/travel. Alternatively, give us a call on 1300 10 1234 and one of our customer service representatives will be able to provide you a quote.

Similar listings