Sujenna

SujennaSydney, NSW

I Will be going elsewhere for travel Insurance!!

The policy was a waste of money. It seems Woolworths, like most insurance companies, tries to wriggle out of any policy on fine print wording. Find another insurer as i shall be going elsewhere.

Gail

GailGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Awesome travel insurance, peace of mind and easy claim process

I normally used TID for my travel insurance but when my daughter was overseas she used Woolworths and had a medical issue and they were wonderful; even calling me the next day to ask how she was. We used them last trip to Bali and had a small claim which was sorted within a week. Not only are they great value and coverage but very easy to join and smooth claims process. Woolworths will be our new go to Travel Insurance as we go overseas every year +++++

Type of ClaimOther
Holly EA

Holly EA

Simple policy and claims process

I have used Woolworths twice and found their policies simple to buy and good value for money. I had an unexpected medical situation while I was away and the claims process was simple to complete and they honoured the claim within a week.

DestinationSouth America
G Belcher

G BelcherMid North Coast, NSW

Amazing Service

I would like to thank the people at Woolworths Insurance, we just got back from a holiday in Thailand where my husband became ill and had to be hospitalised. Woolworths Insurance were amazing, could not fault them. Nothing was to much trouble and your people rang everyday to check on us both and to make sure we had everything we needed. By far the best experience we have ever had with an Insurance company. We would especially like to thank Will and Stephan. We would highly recommend Woolworths Insurance......Garry and Jennifer Belcher

Insurance TypeMulti-Trip

Josh

JoshSydney, NSW

A very positive experience

My daughter became ill during our trip. I immediately emailed Woolworths Travel Assistance and was surprised to receive a reply within 30mins detailing that everything was covered, what I needed to do and even included medical facilities located in the area. Over the course of the trip, they contacted me to see how everything was going and if there was anything further they could do.
When I made my claim upon my return which was straightforward online, I was reimbursed within 5 working days. I was very impressed and will continue to use Woolworths Travel Insurance for future trips, especially as the policy provided good coverage with a very competitive price.

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Child
Claim DateOctober 2019

MG99Sydney Surrounds, NSW

No replies to my emails

Although my claim was approved I have not yet received the settlement monies. Advised I they had wrong bank details, I provided details again. At the time Commbank had network issues. I have since sent two emails but have received not reply today 29/10/19

DestinationEurope
Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property
Claim DateOctober 2019
MG99

Have now received a reply to a third email, advising no receipt of previous emails, I checked my sent emails and they were sent to correct emails address. However this has now been settled and money is to be transferred in 3-5 days.

Clementine Brakenridge

Clementine BrakenridgeIllawarra, NSW

Couldn't get anywhere, trying to get travel insurance

Rang call centre, was kept on hold for over 40minutes with no response. Emailed customer service centre, received a reply that they would get back to me, no response from them either. No customer service at all. If this is the way they treat their customers I would rather go elsewhere, which is exactly what I did. I wonder how one would go if they had to make a claim. I'd rather not find out.

Insurance Cover For:Senior
DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea)

Tony Iorfino

Tony IorfinoSydney, NSW

Save your money

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationEurope and North America (inc. Hawaii)
Claim DateSeptember 2019
Unhappy Customer

Unhappy Customer

Poor Service

The website seems to have intermittent issues where it'll take payment but not issue any policy. The call centre staff seem unable or unwilling to provide assistance. Every call promised the world but they've yet to deliver on anything promised.

Perhaps it's worth reviewing your business contingency plans to ensure when problems occur with the website, that the business can handle the backlog of applications in a suitable timeframe.

DestinationAustralia
Lynne

LynneDarwin

Don't bother

I purchased travel insurance money came out of the bank but I didn't get a policy. After 2 days and heaps of calls I finally managed to actually get to talk to someone. I decided not to risk it so asked for my money back. I will now wait to see how long that takes. They don't answer their phone or give policies after paying for it.

MariaB

MariaBGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great customer service!

DestinationAustralia
Claim DateAugust 2019

JimM

JimMNewcastle

Don’t get this product if you think you are at all likely to make a claim

Unfortunately due to circumstances out of our control we had to amend our travel plans. Woolworths deemed this to be a delay expense and would not cover the claims we had made to recoup the costs incurred.

Type of ClaimTravel Delays/Cancellations

jjwestby

jjwestbyFar North Queensland, QLD

Not to travel without it

Top value, five minutes to put in place, only took 6 days from start to finish for a claim, first time user of Woolworths travel insurance but certainly not my last

47mdavid

47mdavidSouth East Queensland, QLD

I claimed for cancelled flights and a tour due to sickness prior to departure. I received the exact amount I claimed for within the expected time-frame and subsequently will use Woolworths good value policies for any future travel.

D Best

D BestGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great out come

Was worried when l had to cancel my trip because it was my husband that had to have the operation 1 phone call and was emailed the claim form was told to lodge it at any time.When l sent it in had email to say will have a response with in 10 days then asked for a bit more information about my travel plans then 10 days later had email to say money would be in my bank 3-5 days which it was. Thank You Woolworths travel and many thanks to your staff.

RRRNSW

Space for improvement

Today I received my Certificate of Insurance in pdf which astonishingly fails to include the Emergency Assistance phone number !

Why do customers need to write it on themselves .. and good luck to anyone who fails to notice the missing number and needs it !

Customer Service R.Woolworths Travel Insurance

acg

acgMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Not good.

Circumstance beyond our control we do not need travel insurance paid for .Another party in the same boat insured elsewhere got a pro rata repayment of the cost despite being out of the 15 day cooling off period. Insurance was to cover a trip with a departure in a couple weeks time.
- and Woolworths Hollard?
you guessed it - Naah - " you can cancel but you don't get a pro rata payment for not being able to use it- you have already had the benefit the insurance for a period from the time of taking it out. " Wow - isnt that why the other company is repaying pro rata?
well - I used to be a loyal Woolworts customer and have downloaded the forms for WOW car insurance. Guess who just lost a customer!

Paul SSouth East Queensland, QLD

Woolworths Travel Insurance - The insurance you think you have, but you dont!!!!

Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property
Raisa Q.Woolworths Travel Insurance
Paul S

I was promised a phone call to discuss my claim but have had nothing so far after 5 days, just like Woolworth Insurance, very very poor.

Mohammed B.Woolworths Travel Insurance

Robyn

RobynPerth, WA

highly recommend this

first time I have used Woolworths Insurance and would recommend them, easy to deal with when I had a claim, paid out in a week, great support whilst overseas and needed help.

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Senior
Claim DateJune 2019

SusieSouth East Queensland, QLD

NO STARS

In certain instances, I feel a little leniency would go a long way. Woolworth’s had every piece of information regarding my lost iPhone in Vietnam, even to the point of me tracking it on ‘Lost my iphone’, and trying repeatedly to get it back, even getting the police involved, letters written by hotel staff and our tour organiser, yet they failed to honour my claim.

Woolworths, I will never again deal with your company.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateMay 2019
Susie

Ryan...I will send details in a private message tomorrow, thank you.

Susie

Ryan...can you please tell me how I would private message you, thank you

cocoasked

Hello
im a Woolworth employee am i able to get a discount ??

fred f
fred f

Logical suggestion would be to contact your personnel department. Alternatively get a co-worker to ring and ask.

coco

would know what numbnuts ?

Rob L

Rob Lasked

I am thinking of taking out a Woolworths travel insurance policy for an upcoming trip to Thailand.

I will be departing on 20 November 2019 at which time I will be 79yrs and 11months old.
Can I take out a policy ? (Refer PDS page 11 "...Cover not available for travelers more than 79 years old (at the time of Policy purchase)......" )

MG99

You should be okay because you will not have turned 80. Even at 79 & 11 months you are still in your 79th year. I found there price reasonable although when I made a claim for purse stolen they were slow and it took 3 emails which they claimed 2 weren't received even though they were all to the same address. But overall it was okay.

Ross P.Woolworths Travel Insurance

Hi Florence,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us regarding your Travel Insurance Policy.

Yes we do cover Cruise's. Our travel insurance policies automatically provide cover for cruises, However, it is important that you specify the right destination when you purchase the policy.

If you are visiting only Australian ports during Your cruise then at the time you purchase your policy you must
specify Australian Cruise as your destination.

I hope you have a lovely trip tomorrow! Thank you for choosing Woolworth's Insurance!

Upa U.

Upa U.asked

Can i get annual cover for multiple trips (3) and we are 77 and 73

MG99

I don't believe there was an option for multiple trips. I took out the comprehensive insurance and it was reasonably priced compared to some others I looked at. I was robbed by pickpockets and on my return I made a claim. I lost my purse and cash and whilst the claim process was easy and done online, communication was not quite so easy. After hearing nothing about my claim I send 2 emails. I received no answers to two emails sent a week apart, but eventually received an answer to my third advising they had not received the previous two. But if they received my third I cannot see why they did not received the previous two. My claim was paid for the lost money and purse. But the lost cash limit was $250 which is not much when you consider the value of the Australian $. I had about 320 pounds and 130 Euros stolen which is close to $900 and a colorado purse which cost $70 stolen, and only received a claim amount of $200.54 I suggest you look at some others who have multiple trips and compare what you pay to what you may. My sister used NRMA and was happy with them. Of course when over 70 you pay more

Ross P.Woolworths Travel Insurance

Hi Upa,

Thank you for taking the time to enquire about our Travel Insurance Product.

Regarding your question regarding cover and multiple trips it is certainly something we could explore via the multi-trip policy however there are age restrictions applicable.

In order to purchase a Multi-Trip Insurance Policy we do require our customers to be below the age of 75. However this does not mean we cannot cover you for single destination policies!

If you would like to learn more please check our Product Disclosure Statement at:https://insurance.woolworths.com.au/content/dam/Woolworths/Insurance/Travel/UsefulDocumentsTravel/

or simply give us a call on 1300 10 1234