Woolworths Travel Insurance

Woolworths Travel Insurance

Would not recommend to my worst enemy

Hi there!
Would 100% not recommend having ANYTHING to do with Woolworths and their insurance unless you want to be screwed around.
My family were overseas when my father had a medical emergency involving a serious head injury, and the 'customer service' team at Woolworths were perhaps the worst I have ever had to deal with.
I spoke to three different parts of the claims department to arrange this over three days, and I had one 'question the validity' of my mother and sister staying with him until he could fly home - I emphasise that he had a head injury.
They then - before any paperwork had been lodged - advised that any claim we put through for this incident would be denied, and therefore meant that the insurance was not valid for the extra 5 days they had to stay overseas. This was after they had let the insurance lapse by being grossly uninformed about their own policies, and advised me to 'go elsewhere and see if they'll insure you' then letting me know in the next sentence that if I did that, that would ultimately void the insurance we had paid for through Woolworths!
Absolute annoying poor excuse of customer service, would never, ever recommend this to anybody.

Sad I cant use it again on turning 80

Cant believe the excellent service I received from Woolworths Travel Ins. Sent my claim in,[ with all the relevant details] and a week later I was notified that it had been accepted and 3 days after that the money was in my bank account. Just sorry i cant use you again as Ive now turned 80.

Insurance Cover For:Senior
Type of ClaimTravel Delays/Cancellations

Disgraceful! Don't go here. These guys are penny pinchers

Bought travel insurance for 3 people including my elderly mother to travel within Australia but had to cancel because my mum fell ill and had to be hospitalised. Lodged a claim and it wasn't paid out because my mum is not a Australian resident. Funny how they happily took the premium to include her in the policy. Careful, read the fine print, these guys are all about $$$

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Senior
Type of ClaimMedical
Claim ApprovedNo

Woolworths

Made a claim with Woolworths only a couple of days later claim was paid into my account..... excellent service I recommend Woolworths travel insurance to everyone.. thanks Woolworths I will continue to use you in the future thanks again

Insurance Cover For:Adult
Type of ClaimMedical
Claim DateFebruary 2019
Claim ApprovedYes

Positive outcome after trip cancelled

My elderly mother had to cancel her trip due to a medical emergency with another family member. Once we had the forms and she was in the system, communication was great, with updates telling her where she was at and what was going on. Her money was reimbursed within weeks of the claim being submitted and the team was professional and efficient. So we had a good experience. thanks

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi PMS, Thank you for sharing your experience with Woolworths Travel Insurance. Hope to assist you in future again.

Worst Travel Insurance Company Ever!!!!

My husband and I took out travel insurance for our Europe trip from 26 Dec to 24 Jan. we decided to stay longer until 9 Feb so consistent with the terms of our policy rang Woolworths from overseas to extend before our policy expired. Our first contact with them was an international call from Italy - got told to ring back during Australian business hours (ie the middle of the night in Italy). Second attempt rang from Ireland - spent 26 minutes on an international call to Woolworths Insurance - got extension approved but their system had a problem and could not take payment- told they’d note on policy and confirm by email. No email confirmation arrives so we email them. Get an automated response saying we can get extension by email. Third attempt we are back in Italy and ring again - middle of night and 36 minute international call. Told system still can’t take card and they will sort and definitely email us. Told senior customer service person dealing with it. A few days later still no communication or email from them so we email them - get response saying we can’t extend by email please ring them on the 1300 number during Australian business hours aaaah!!!!! So here I am staying up in the middle of the night in Zurich about to make my 4th international call to this incompetent insurance company to give them my credit card details for the 6th time to get our policy extended. Really getting stressed now as our current policy expires on Thursday and we won’t have travel insurance unless we can stay up to ring them in the middle of the night Swiss time and their system is fixed. We will NEVER use this incompetent company ever again and I would like to warn anyone else off using them. They could not care less and staff have no concept of what time it might be for their customers overseas or how much an international call to Woolworths travel Insurance 1300 number costs from overseas. Absolutely hopeless.

Insurance claim madeNo
Hello there, thanks for sharing your experience with Woolworths Travel Insurance. We are very sorry to hear of the situation . We'd like to have our Travel Insurance Team to follow this up with you directly. Please share with us, on the Private Message, your preferred contact number and policy numberAfter writing this review I checked my credit card statement and found that on each occasion I had rung and Woolworths said that their systems wasn’t taking my credit card it had in fact taken the payment from my card. Not only did I make all those international calls at Woolworths insistance that I had to call them personally to pay for the extension but I have now paid the premium for the policy extension of $150.04 3 times. I’m now trying to get the overpayments back from them. Aaahhh!!!

very happy traveller

we have used woolworths travel insurance quite a few times now we take out yearly travel with them .last time we were oversea my husband ended up in a budapest hospital having surgery had no trouble claiming back from Woolworths paid for everything so we are happy travellers

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi Sue, thanks for sharing your review with us regarding our Travel Insurance cover. We're sorry to hear your husband had to visit the hospital during your last trip away to Budapest. We're pleased to hear we had assist in accommodating you both during this time. We appreciate your thoughts and would like to thank you again for choosing Woolworths Travel Insurance. Thank you.

Absolute Joke - Dont let their low price fool you

After being robbed $300 cash on a trip to Bali recently (broke into our villa in Umalas 1) i spent hours the next day getting a Police report (including trips back and forth from the villa so the police could inspect the scene, having to hand over my passport to authorities that you never know if you can trust) - Woolworth's denies my claim because the cash wasn't on my person at the time of robbery? After all the effort i put in to get all the documentation they required for the claim. So Woolworths insurance would you rather me be physically assaulted and stripped of my money in the street to be eligible to claim the money back on the policy that i now WASTED money on. You have clearly strategically selected these policy exemptions to the point that even victims of crime can not be compensated for their loss. This is how they keep prices so low - they have exemptions for every possible scenario. The best part? I submitted my claim in November and didnt hear back anything at all until i proactively followed them up yesterday (2/01). Good to know they used those 6 weeks wisely - to check every square inch of their policy to find a reason not to pay my seemingly minor claim. ROBBED IN BALI. ROBBED BY WOOLWORTHS.

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi there, we are very sorry to hear about your situation. We would like to have our Travel Claims Team to look into this for you. Please kindly provide your policy number and contact details via Private Message. Again, we are very sorry to hear your situation.

Refund refused because trip cancelled

3 occasions. All top cover.
I have never previously had a reason to make a claim.
This time trip cancelled ultimately due to tour operator liquidating.
However advised by Woolworths that policy does not cover for trips cancelled by tour company. Can’t imagine this would be acceptable to any potential claimant.

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi Lyn, thanks for sharing your review with us. We're sorry to hear your claim had been declined by our team. We apologise for any inconvenience caused to you. Please share with us your full name, preferred contact number, policy number, claim number and state in a Private Message so we can have our team follow this up with you as soon as possible. Thank you.

I would choose Woolworths Travel Insurance again

This was the first time I've used Woolworths and when I had an incident that resulted in the loss of personal items they were very helpful in guiding me how to make the claim. The claim process was very easy to complete and they responded and paid me the claim within the time they specified. Overall it was a great experience considering I'd lost something very valuable to me.

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi Jess_Florida, thanks for sharing your review with us. We're sorry to hear you had lost some of your personal items during your trip away. We're pleased to hear we had provided you with quality service and had guided you through our Claims Process. Thanks again for choosing Woolworths Travel Insurance for your trip and trips to come!

Excess per person is ridiculous!!!

I have used this company twice now, first time was fine because I didn't need to make a claim! Second time I was not happy as my son became extremely ill and was not allowed to travel, so I put a claim in and not only I was I charged a $100 excess, but so were both my children... both under the age of 12! So I ended up paying a $300 excess instead of $100 on only one policy! Im not sure how they figure that, seen as my children were both free to put on the policy! Im not impressed and will NEVER be going through this company again!

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi Jess, thanks for sharing your review with us. We're very sorry to hear your son had fallen ill before you had travelled. We're very sorry to hear of the excesses you had been charged for due to your claim. We apologise for any inconvenience caused to you. We'd like to arrange for our Travel Claims Team to look into this issue further. Please share with us your full name, preferred contact number, policy number, claim number and state in a Private Message so we can have our team contact you directly about this. Thanks!

Great to deal with

I have used this insurance everytime I travel.They were fantastic to deal with when I madea claim,which I did in last trip.

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi Pancake, thanks for sharing your review with us. We're glad to hear we had been fantastic to deal with and has been able to assist you with your claim. Thank you for choosing Woolworths Travel Insurance cover!Thankyou for being such a great Company

Good value and inquiries dealt with promptly.

This is the first time using Woolworths insurance. They were considerably cheaper than some other well known travel insurers for similar policies. They covered and paid for equipment damage during our trip with refreshing professionalism, We have never had to make a travel related claim before and expected the usual disappointment associated with most insurance companies. We Definitely recommend Woolies travel insurance .

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi Denise, thanks for sharing your review with us. We're glad to hear we were able to deal with your enquiries promptly and cover the equipment that had been damaged during your trip abroad. We appreciate your recommendation and thank you once again for taking up one of our Travel Insurance policies!

Great Service, Fast and efficient!

I have used Woolies insurance about 5 times, made our first claim this trip (actually two claims) both were finalised very fast with no problems.

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi Jen, thanks for sharing your review with us. We're pleased to hear your frequent member of our Travel Insurance coverage. We aim to provide our customers with a prompt resolution to their claims. We're pleased to hear we've been able to live up to these expectations. Thanks again for choosing Woolworths Travel Insurance.

It's easy and reasonable!

I have been using twice this woolworth travel insurance.
It is easy to get on line and have choices.I have claimed first time this time.It was easy and so quick. I definitely use again next time as well.

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi COCO, thanks for sharing your review with us. We're glad to hear you're a returning customer. We're pleased to know we were able to make your first claims experience a pleasant one. We appreciate you for choosing Woolworths for your Travel Insurance cover for your trips to come. Thanks!

Exceptional Service

I have used woolworths travel insurance about 10 times in the past . I have never had to make a claim except this last trip . I highly recommend for cost , claim convenience and the refund process .

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi Jacksta, thanks for sharing your review with us. We appreciate your loyalty throughout your past trips overseas and thank you once again for choosing us for your Travel cover needs. We're glad to hear we were able to provide you with a convenient claims experience and reimburse your funds promptly after lodging your claim. Thanks again for choosing Woolworths as your preferred Travel Insurance provider!

Preety good

I need to ring couple of times becz my baby is sick. I didn't claim that because expenses were very low, claim allowance for road strike which is approved. Overall good service,

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi Anjan Satkar, thanks for sharing your review with us. We're sorry to hear your baby had fallen ill during your time away. We're pleased to hear we were able to ultimately assist with your claims and provide you with quality customer service. Thanks again for choosing Woolworths Travel Insurance!

Definitely recommend!

Three times, and they’ve been wonderful each time! They are quick and efficient at addressing claims and make travel easy!

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi Sim, thanks for sharing your review with us. We're pleased to hear we had made your Travel Insurance cover experience easy with our Claims Process. We appreciate your recommendation and thank you once again for taking up our cover. Thanks!

Great price for cover and quick and easy claim process.

I used Woolworths travel insurance for the first time during a four week trip to 3 countries within Europe earlier this year.

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi Kel, thanks for sharing your review with us. We're glad to hear we have been able to provide you with a great premium and quick and easy claims process with your Travel Insurance cover. Thanks again for choosing Woolworths Travel Insurance!

No understanding of how overseas phone calls need to be made and extremely difficult to extend for 1

Just once I saw the policy on compare the market - but they have no idea re calling back from overseas..in the end it cost me 70dollars from hotel to make 2 calls!...all I wanted to do was extend my 6 mnth policy for 1 week -10 days....2-3 emails from support to tell me to call 1300 numbers....I'M SORRY...cannot do from outside Australia - then info on reverse calls back to Australia using Telstra service - well in Indonesia - it doesn't work!.eventually call the landline number (which I only got in the 2nd or 3rd email),,and had to pay 70$ for the calls ...as my issue was 'sales' not claims>>>>......a complete lack of understanding about how to be accessible when you want something!!!

Insurance claim madeNo
Hi Steve Capper, thanks for sharing your review with us. We're disappointed to hear of your experience with our Travel cover. We apologise for any inconvenience caused to you due to having to call our team internationally. We'd like to have our Claims Team follow this up with you directly and consider your feedback and outlined expenses further. Please share with us your full name, preferred contact number, policy number, claim number and state in a Private Message so we can help. Thank you.

We have just bought an annual multi trip insurance but the website does not allow you to list all planned trips only FIRST plannned so was unable to enter a Mediterranean cruise and all the places we are stopping at on cruise. I phoned and spoke to someone who said yes all ok but do not have it in writing that we would be covered?
I would phone and ask them to Send you an email, stating your problems. Quite sure they would oblige, a very helpful company!Having trouble submitting!!

I am writing regarding a travel insurance I took out for myself and my husband cert of insurance number [number removed] dated 27/2/2019. I did try calling but because of time differences your office was closed. I wish if possible to cancel as my relatives paid for our travel from their end and as pensioners we really can not afford travel insurance. I notice that you have a 14 day money back guarantee which in my calculation expires tonight 13/3/2019 at midnight. Could you please cancel and refund my money back onto my credit card? Should there be any problems please do not hesitate to contact me via my email or mobile number [number removed] regards anne pashley
Good luck Anne, I'm sure you will find Woolys Travel Insurance very helpful and obliging. Good luck with it all Pam P

I am travelling to California and from there doing a cruise to Mexico, am i covered for this cruise with my travel insurance?
You need to ask your travel insurance company and read their PDS (Product Disclosure Statement)

Similar listings