• Claim Resolution Time
    • 1-2 weeks (20)
    • 2-4 weeks (5)
    • 1-2 months (1)
    • 3+ months (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (25) · No (11)
Dylan

Dylan

Fair outcome

DestinationNew Zealand
Claim DateMay 2020
Elisabeth L.Woolworths Travel Insurance

Hi Dylan, thanks for sharing your post, we're pleased you received the refund for your policy due to the Corona virus. We'd like to take the time to thank you for choosing Woolworths Insurance and appreciate your feedback. Thank you.

Paul F.

Paul F.South East Queensland, QLD

Terrible Customer Service

Due to Virgin collapse and refusing refunds. Turned to Woolworths Travel Insurance for our claim and encountered two very, very incompetent employees, I now have a cancelled policy with no further response from customer service staff. Very scripted rejection of policy
Definitely would not recommend this service

Bunbury coupleSouth West, WA

Customer can't win.

I purchased an annual multi-trip insurance in the hope of being covered.
The insurance and airfares we payed 4 months before any sign of the 100 year flu.
Needless to say when virgin cancelled our flight due to border closing we claimed the replacement
Qantas flights on our insurance,no luck.Had another go and again no.
When I tried to cancel the remaining insurance to recoup some losses,guess what,no go.They can,t lose.
So if I was you I would ask Woolies what they do cover rather than what they don't.It will be a very short list.

Claim DateApril 2020
Bunbury couple

AKM even could'nt be bothered to give us an automated reply for their win and our loss.

Find out how Woolworths Travel Insurance compares to other Travel Insurance

Overseas experience with company Very satisfied with assistance when I had a heart attack

When suffering a heart attack in Thailand the assistance and phone calls were of much help and comfort The claims department were equally helpful as it was a substantial amount

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea)
Claim DateMarch 2020
Elisabeth L.Woolworths Travel Insurance

Hi P Jennings, we are so pleased to hear you're okay and we were able to help you in a time of need. We'd like to take the time to thank you for choosing Woolworths Insurance and sharing your feedback. Stay safe and wishing you all the best.

Karen P.

Karen P.

Unexpected result but very welcome one!

Claim DateMarch 2020
Lissa J.

Lissa J.

Don't bother...

If you want a company that will suppprt you in time of need when travel gets cancelled DON'T bother with Woolworth's travel insurance. Such a waste of money buying the insurance.

DestinationPacific Islands (e.g. Fiji, Vanuatu)
Type of ClaimOther
Pam Keily

Pam KeilyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worst Travel Insurance

I felt our policy was good value. We returned from our holiday on 26th Oct and have not had our claim resolved yet. Only used Woolworths once and never again.

DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)
Claim DateOctober 2019

B. O'Connor

Should have gone to a proper insurer instead of a supermarket!

Farheen A.Woolworths Travel Insurance
beverley

beverleyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Very let down

As will many others, we booked our travel insurance months in advance of the corona virus becoming a known event...but there in the small print Woolworths insurance excludes a pandemic. It is tragic and devastating enough for people losing their dream holidays, but to find out you are not covered for such an unforeseeable event is just awful. The whole point of having insurance is to protect yourself - so many are suffering but woolworths insurance are happily announcing on their website that they have excluded themselves so don't even bother trying. This was the first time and definitely the last time I will ever get insurance with Woolworths. We should all boycott such cold and unhelpful businesses

DestinationNew Zealand
Insurance Cover ForAdult, Child and Teenager

Laslo Z.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very disappointed

My wife and I booked our holiday flights and accomodation well in advance. This was prior to any news regarding the coronavirus. I've just found out we're not covered for pandemics or epidemics. Be very careful when taking up insurance. All these companies are keen to take your money, but then won't look after you when something like this happens. It's no fault of our own yet we're likely to lose over $5k due to this virus and not be able to go on our holiday.

Laslo Z.

My review will hopefully help some people and prompt them to read the terms and conditions before signing up. I think pandemics should be covered just like natural disasters.

Farheen A.Woolworths Travel Insurance
FredBloggs

FredBloggsacity

Ex-gratia payment to cover costs even though not eligible

The claim did not meet the policy rules however WW made an ex-gratia payment which covered most of the loss. Policy is excellent value. Submitting the claim was easy. Processing of claim was fairly quick. Staff were easy to work with.

Claim DateFebruary 2020

Haych DizzelleAustralian Capital Territory

No cover for Coronavirus

I confirmed with their customer support. When you need this policy to protect you most, it will let you down. If you are travelling and you get ill with Coronavirus they will not cover you, even if you’ve been travelling before Coronavirus started. They have no interest in protecting you. Do not trust them.

Roberta

RobertaDarling Downs, QLD

Thanks for nothing Woolworths

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea) and North America (inc. Hawaii)
Claim DateJanuary 2020
Danny W.

Danny W.Perth, WA

Softened the blow of having items stolen.

Purchased insurance primarily for medical and car excess coverage but grateful our baggage loss was mostly compensated by Woolworth insurance. It was a fair claims process without too much hassle.

Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property
Claim DateJanuary 2020

Negative experience

Used the service twice.
On the second occasion had a terrible experience the company.
The loss of my goods was bad enough however dealing with Woolworths insurance was even more stressful. They tried every trick int he book to not pay out. They quoted incorrect dates (hopefully by accident), accused me of lying and refused to reply to emails for weeks at a time.
Just spend the extra amount and use a reputable insurance company. Save yourself the hassle and stress.

Claim Resolution Time3+ months

Christine Smith

Christine SmithSouth East Queensland, QLD

I couldn't be happier!

My husband became ill and could not travel. I was sceptical that the claim would be paid out. However, it was paid in full within 20 days. You could have knocked me over with a feather!
You hear so many stories about insurance companies not paying out on claims (maybe with good reasons we don’t get to hear of). In all my years of travel, I have never had to make a claim on insurance and was unsure how this would go!
I’m very grateful to Woolworths Travel and have said so on my facebook page. I will never use any other insurance company (although you may not want us to use you again)!!

TonyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Not worth and a junk policy

Be careful with exclusions. I bought annual multi trip cover and this was my first claiming experience due to unexpected flight cancellation.
This policy doesn't cover cancellations due to technical fault by the airline & it doesn't state anywhere.
It is false advertising when selling this policy.
What is the point buying a travel insurance when it doesn't cover a common cause of flight cancellations??
Fresh food people should not sell "bad apples"

Hi Ryan,
thanks for the message and my policy number is TRVA-1910-347299505
Victoria.
Woolworth policy should have all my contact details.

Ryan A.Woolworths Travel Insurance

Hello Tony, thank you for your response, unfortunately we will need you to give us the above-requested information through private message for us to contact you. Please private message us with that and we will contact you about this.

Saints58

Saints58Sydney, NSW

Above and beyond.

Policy was good value and I had to make a claim which initially a significant portion of the claim was declined. I made contact with Woolworth's Insurance to discuss. They were very helpful and explained in detail why part of my claim was declined but subsequently granted an ex-gratia payment for the amount originally declined which was a terrific outcome and very much appreciated.

Clive Boddington

Clive BoddingtonHunter Region, NSW

Exceptional service and outcome

When my wife became ill whilst holidaying in Thailand, I phoned the WTI helpline and was immediately put through to an operator who was able to give me clear and concise advice, telling me to get my wife to a certain hospital immediately. His advice, in the long-run, has most probably saved her life.
Upon returning home, WTL provided me with all the information required to make a claim which was settled within a surprisingly short space of time.
WTL not only handled our unfortunate situation (having to cut a month-long trip to one week) with expediency and proffessionalism but also with compassion.

Type of ClaimMedical and Travel Delays/Cancellations

JimDMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Woolworths Travel Insurance came to our rescue.

The policy was simple to set up. We did it on line with ease. We lodged a claim while overseas because my wife broke her ankle and required surgery in an overseas hospital. Once we were able to contact the emergency number we could tell we were in good hands from the emergency team to the nurse Kate R and also the claims team. They helped us out immensely taking a lot of the stress of the moment from us. While this is our second policy with Woolworths Insurance we will use them again for sure and have recommended them to our friends of which two are to travel soon and have Woolworths Travel Insurance. Thankyou travel insurance people in Woolworths Travel, really appreciated your efforts.

Claim DateAugust 2019
Ryan A.Woolworths Travel Insurance

Hello Jim, You can take a quote and a policy at any time through our website or you are able to contact our sales team and they will be able to discuss the situation for you. You can contact the sales team on 1300 10 1234.

Maz S.

Maz S.asked

Woolworths Travel Insurance

Hi..I would like to cancel my travel insurance as we are not going to New Zealand at this present time

My Policy Number is TRVC 2002 364958791

Elisabeth L.Woolworths Travel Insurance

Hi Maz S, thanks for getting in touch with us about your Travel Insurance Policy. If you are no longer going on your trip we are able to cancel your policy and provide a full refund of the premium paid. If you still need assistance with this, please get in touch with our service team on 1300 10 1234 between the hours of 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday or 9am to 5pm on Saturday and Sunday (EST) or please visit our website https://insurance.woolworths.com.au/ Where one of our Customer Service Representatives are available for you via web chat from 8.30am - 7.30pm weekdays and 9.30am to 4.30pm on weekends. Thank you.

Vanessa

Vanessaasked

Woolworths Travel Insurance

Due to travel restrictions are we able to change the dates of the insurance policy?

Bunbury couple

Sorry Vanessa,you'll have to ask woolies insurance.

Brock B.Woolworths Travel Insurance

Hi Vanessa, thanks for reaching out. Due to current circumstances surrounding COVID-19, we are offering our customers the option to have their policy refunded. Unfortunately, we will not be able to change the dates of your policy. Kindly contact our customer service team on 1300 10 12 34 to have this resolved.

Vanessa

Vanessaasked

Woolworths Travel Insurance

I have a standard policy for an upcoming trip in June 2020. This covered me for 6 months travel so it was quite expensive for me as a 20 year old. Can I change the dates at all or get a refund/credit for future use?

Get an answer from our members and Woolworths Travel Insurance representatives

Compare all 8 Woolworths Travel Insurance
CategoryTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Car, Home and Contents, Life and PetCar, Home and Contents, Life and PetCar, Home and Contents, Life and PetCar, Home and Contents, Life and Pet
UnderwriterHollardHollardHollardHollard
Maximum Age Covered 79 years old79 years old79 years old79 years old
Medical Coverage
Overseas Emergency Assistance Not IncludedUnlimitedNot IncludedUnlimited
Accidental Death$20,000$20,000Not IncludedNot Included
Emergency DentalNot Included$500Not Included$500
Pregnancy (max weeks) 25 weeks25 weeks25 weeks25 weeks
Resumption of Journey Not Included$3,000 (as part of Additional Expenses)Not IncludedNot Included
Hospital Cash AllowanceNot Included$50 per day up to $5,000 (minimum 48 hours of hospitalisation required)Not IncludedNot Included
Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital ExpensesNot IncludedUnlimitedNot IncludedUnlimited
Loss of IncomeNot Included$10,400 (max 26 weeks, up to $400 per complete week)Not IncludedNot Included
Permanent DisabilityNot Included$25,000Not IncludedNot Included
Luggage & Personal Effects
Theft of Cash $250$250Not IncludedNot Included
Delayed Luggage Not Included$375 after 12 hours, $750 after 72 hoursNot IncludedNot Included
Credit Card FraudNot Included$5,000 (combined with Travel Documents cover)Not IncludedNot Included
Travel Documents / Passport Not Included$5,000 (combined with Credit Card cover)Not IncludedNot Included
Maximum Single Item Limit $3,000 (computers, video recorders and cameras), $1,000 (mobile phones), $750 (all other items)$3,000 (computers, video recorders and cameras), $1,000 (mobile phones), $750 (all other items)$3,000 (computers, video recorders and cameras), $1,000 (mobile phones), $750 (all other items)$3,000 (computers, video recorders and cameras), $1,000 (mobile phones), $750 (all other items)
Luggage & Personal Effects $15,000$15,000$5,000$5,000