Woolworths Travel Insurance

Woolworths Travel Insurance (page 2 of 12)

Comprehensive, Basic, Saver, Annual Multi-Trip

MG99Sydney Surrounds, NSW

No replies to my emails

Although my claim was approved I have not yet received the settlement monies. Advised I they had wrong bank details, I provided details again. At the time Commbank had network issues. I have since sent two emails but have received not reply today 29/10/19

DestinationEurope
Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property
Claim DateOctober 2019
MG99

Have now received a reply to a third email, advising no receipt of previous emails, I checked my sent emails and they were sent to correct emails address. However this has now been settled and money is to be transferred in 3-5 days.

Clementine Brakenridge

Clementine BrakenridgeIllawarra, NSW

Couldn't get anywhere, trying to get travel insurance

Rang call centre, was kept on hold for over 40minutes with no response. Emailed customer service centre, received a reply that they would get back to me, no response from them either. No customer service at all. If this is the way they treat their customers I would rather go elsewhere, which is exactly what I did. I wonder how one would go if they had to make a claim. I'd rather not find out.

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea)
Tony Iorfino

Tony IorfinoSydney, NSW

Save your money

DestinationEurope and North America (inc. Hawaii)
Claim DateSeptember 2019

Unhappy Customer

Unhappy Customer

Poor Service

The website seems to have intermittent issues where it'll take payment but not issue any policy. The call centre staff seem unable or unwilling to provide assistance. Every call promised the world but they've yet to deliver on anything promised.

Perhaps it's worth reviewing your business contingency plans to ensure when problems occur with the website, that the business can handle the backlog of applications in a suitable timeframe.

Lynne

LynneDarwin

Don't bother

I purchased travel insurance money came out of the bank but I didn't get a policy. After 2 days and heaps of calls I finally managed to actually get to talk to someone. I decided not to risk it so asked for my money back. I will now wait to see how long that takes. They don't answer their phone or give policies after paying for it.

MariaB

MariaBGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great customer service!

Claim DateAugust 2019
JimM

JimMNewcastle

Don’t get this product if you think you are at all likely to make a claim

Unfortunately due to circumstances out of our control we had to amend our travel plans. Woolworths deemed this to be a delay expense and would not cover the claims we had made to recoup the costs incurred.

DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)
Type of ClaimTravel Delays/Cancellations
jjwestby

jjwestbyFar North Queensland, QLD

Not to travel without it

Top value, five minutes to put in place, only took 6 days from start to finish for a claim, first time user of Woolworths travel insurance but certainly not my last

47mdavid

47mdavidSouth East Queensland, QLD

I claimed for cancelled flights and a tour due to sickness prior to departure. I received the exact amount I claimed for within the expected time-frame and subsequently will use Woolworths good value policies for any future travel.

D Best

D BestGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great out come

Was worried when l had to cancel my trip because it was my husband that had to have the operation 1 phone call and was emailed the claim form was told to lodge it at any time.When l sent it in had email to say will have a response with in 10 days then asked for a bit more information about my travel plans then 10 days later had email to say money would be in my bank 3-5 days which it was. Thank You Woolworths travel and many thanks to your staff.

RRRNSW

Space for improvement

Today I received my Certificate of Insurance in pdf which astonishingly fails to include the Emergency Assistance phone number !

Why do customers need to write it on themselves .. and good luck to anyone who fails to notice the missing number and needs it !

Customer Service R.Woolworths Travel Insurance
acg

acgMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Not good.

Circumstance beyond our control we do not need travel insurance paid for .Another party in the same boat insured elsewhere got a pro rata repayment of the cost despite being out of the 15 day cooling off period. Insurance was to cover a trip with a departure in a couple weeks time.
- and Woolworths Hollard?
you guessed it - Naah - " you can cancel but you don't get a pro rata payment for not being able to use it- you have already had the benefit the insurance for a period from the time of taking it out. " Wow - isnt that why the other company is repaying pro rata?
well - I used to be a loyal Woolworts customer and have downloaded the forms for WOW car insurance. Guess who just lost a customer!

DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)

Paul SSouth East Queensland, QLD

Woolworths Travel Insurance - The insurance you think you have, but you dont!!!!

Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property
Raisa Q.Woolworths Travel Insurance
Paul S

I was promised a phone call to discuss my claim but have had nothing so far after 5 days, just like Woolworth Insurance, very very poor.

Mohammed B.Woolworths Travel Insurance
Robyn

RobynPerth, WA

highly recommend this

first time I have used Woolworths Insurance and would recommend them, easy to deal with when I had a claim, paid out in a week, great support whilst overseas and needed help.

Claim DateJune 2019
Insurance Cover ForAdult and Senior

SusieSouth East Queensland, QLD

NO STARS

In certain instances, I feel a little leniency would go a long way. Woolworth’s had every piece of information regarding my lost iPhone in Vietnam, even to the point of me tracking it on ‘Lost my iphone’, and trying repeatedly to get it back, even getting the police involved, letters written by hotel staff and our tour organiser, yet they failed to honour my claim.

Woolworths, I will never again deal with your company.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateMay 2019
Susie

Ryan...I will send details in a private message tomorrow, thank you.

Susie

Ryan...can you please tell me how I would private message you, thank you

Find out how Woolworths Travel Insurance compares to other Travel Insurance

No online assistance whilst travelling

No online availability to extend coverage when stranded overseas. Chat service gave email address to contact which stated and did reply in 48hrs. By then home. Try anyone else first.

Insurance Cover ForAdult, Child and Teenager
Neil G.
Neil G.
milkyway

milkywayPerth, WA

A great travel insurance company

Well it's me again Milkyway, you only know if you got a good insurance company when it comes to claiming, well last year I had to claim twice and Woolworths travel Insurance paid out within the time they said which was 10 days, as long as you have all the information and receipts that they require.

I am so confidence in Woolworths travel Insurance at I have taken out three policies of this year's holiday nine that they have my back and if I have to make a claim they will sort it out for me.

Milkyway

Sherry23

Sherry23Sydney, NSW

Customer Service 100%

I may not received the exact value that I accidentally broken but filling in the claim and receiving the claim so quick is outstanding! I am very thankful. It is very worth it to get Woolworths Travel Insurance.

Type of ClaimOther
Claim DateMarch 2019
Insurance Cover ForAdult and Child
herb

herbMurray Region, NSW

bri;;iant

we will look at woolworths travel insurance before any other in the future as the cover and price suited our needs perfectly and after making a claim, the ease of doing so and the way in which it was handled by allison was brilliant, i did not feel at all as though i was doing something wrong as a lot of claims personal make you feel when lodging a claim with other insurers. this was the second time we had used woolworths travel insurance. IT WONT BE THE LAST

Claim DateMarch 2019
Clint B

Clint BQueensland

Fantastic and easy

So easy to get online, such good value. There offerings of inclusions are well above other providers of comparable policies. However Woolworths are much better priced, with discounts offered on future trips. Certainly recommend.

DestinationAustralia and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)

See all Woolworths Travel Insurance reviews

Judith

Judithasked

Does my free travel insurance with woolworths credit card provide for cancellation of accommodation due to pandemic - Covid 19?

Lorna Rankin

Lorna Rankinasked

We have a multi trip policy with Woolworths Aug 19-Aug 20 $401 that encompasses a trip end of March & July. Can we get a refund as it is likely we won’t travel in July either?

Lissa J.

Lissa J.asked

My cruise just got cancelled that was leaving from Sydney on Monday. How do I go getting a refund on flights, parking, accommodation and the cruise? I have been tryin to call, but the line is busy (understandable)

FredBloggs
FredBloggs

I assume you have tried to cancel all that you can. If not then do that to try and reduce your losses. Being proactive should help with your insurance claim.
1. For the cruise it might depend on where it was going and which line. Cruise companies usually have an info page with cruises news/changes/cancellations/etc. Here is Princess cruises site (if it applies to you): https://www.princess.com/news/notices_and_advisories/ (they have a voluntary pause in cruises for 60 days from 12/3/2020. Maybe others do too).
2. For flights, you might be able to cancel for a smaller fee, depending on what type of fare you bought.
3. For parking, if its at Sydney airport you can usually cancel as long as its a couple of days out, not sure about other facilities.
4. For accommodation, hopefully it is refundable. Otherwise, cancelling may incur a fee of the first night. Any after cruise accommodation should be cancelled, assuming you will not use it.
For claiming, if you have Woolworth's travel insurance you can lodge a claim online and you should be able to do this with other insurers. Check the website for the company you insured through. However, you can only claim if you have a "cancel for any reason" option or your policy includes epidemic/pandemic inclusion. (Woolworth's travel insurance excludes these so won't pay if that is the reason you cancelled). It is still worth claiming as they may make an ex-Gratia payment (but this also depends on their good will and how early you took the insurance out)
Good Luck

Update. Just noticed you indicated your cruise was cancelled. If that was by the cruise line then they should refund you but if you cancelled then probably not

Get an answer from our members and Woolworths Travel Insurance representatives