Woolworths Travel Insurance

Woolworths Travel Insurance (page 2 of 10)

Annual Multi-Trip, Basic, Comprehensive and Saver

Would not recommend to my worst enemy

Pam P

Pam PWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Sad I cant use it again on turning 80

Cant believe the excellent service I received from Woolworths Travel Ins. Sent my claim in,[ with all the relevant details] and a week later I was notified that it had been accepted and 3 days after that the money was in my bank account. Just sorry i cant use you again as Ive now turned 80.

Insurance Cover For:Senior
Type of ClaimTravel Delays/Cancellations
PNG

PNGSydney, NSW

Disgraceful! Don't go here. These guys are penny pinchers

Bought travel insurance for 3 people including my elderly mother to travel within Australia but had to cancel because my mum fell ill and had to be hospitalised. Lodged a claim and it wasn't paid out because my mum is not a Australian resident. Funny how they happily took the premium to include her in the policy. Careful, read the fine print, these guys are all about $$$

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Senior
Type of ClaimMedical
Claim ApprovedNo

Woolworths

Made a claim with Woolworths only a couple of days later claim was paid into my account..... excellent service I recommend Woolworths travel insurance to everyone.. thanks Woolworths I will continue to use you in the future thanks again

Insurance Cover For:Adult
Type of ClaimMedical
Claim DateFebruary 2019
Claim ApprovedYes

PMS

PMSLondon

Positive outcome after trip cancelled

My elderly mother had to cancel her trip due to a medical emergency with another family member. Once we had the forms and she was in the system, communication was great, with updates telling her where she was at and what was going on. Her money was reimbursed within weeks of the claim being submitted and the team was professional and efficient. So we had a good experience. thanks

Customer Service R.Woolworths Travel Insurance

Hi PMS, Thank you for sharing your experience with Woolworths Travel Insurance. Hope to assist you in future again.

Sydney0808Sydney, NSW

Worst Travel Insurance Company Ever!!!!

Insurance claim madeNo

very happy traveller

we have used woolworths travel insurance quite a few times now we take out yearly travel with them .last time we were oversea my husband ended up in a budapest hospital having surgery had no trouble claiming back from Woolworths paid for everything so we are happy travellers

Absolute Joke - Dont let their low price fool you

Customer Service R.Woolworths Travel Insurance

Refund refused because trip cancelled

3 occasions. All top cover.
I have never previously had a reason to make a claim.
This time trip cancelled ultimately due to tour operator liquidating.
However advised by Woolworths that policy does not cover for trips cancelled by tour company. Can’t imagine this would be acceptable to any potential claimant.

I would choose Woolworths Travel Insurance again

This was the first time I've used Woolworths and when I had an incident that resulted in the loss of personal items they were very helpful in guiding me how to make the claim. The claim process was very easy to complete and they responded and paid me the claim within the time they specified. Overall it was a great experience considering I'd lost something very valuable to me.

Woolworths I.Woolworths Travel Insurance

Excess per person is ridiculous!!!

I have used this company twice now, first time was fine because I didn't need to make a claim! Second time I was not happy as my son became extremely ill and was not allowed to travel, so I put a claim in and not only I was I charged a $100 excess, but so were both my children... both under the age of 12! So I ended up paying a $300 excess instead of $100 on only one policy! Im not sure how they figure that, seen as my children were both free to put on the policy! Im not impressed and will NEVER be going through this company again!

Great to deal with

I have used this insurance everytime I travel.They were fantastic to deal with when I madea claim,which I did in last trip.

Woolworths I.Woolworths Travel Insurance

Hi Pancake, thanks for sharing your review with us. We're glad to hear we had been fantastic to deal with and has been able to assist you with your claim. Thank you for choosing Woolworths Travel Insurance cover!

Pancake
Pancake

Thankyou for being such a great Company

Denise

DeniseGold Coast

Good value and inquiries dealt with promptly.

This is the first time using Woolworths insurance. They were considerably cheaper than some other well known travel insurers for similar policies. They covered and paid for equipment damage during our trip with refreshing professionalism, We have never had to make a travel related claim before and expected the usual disappointment associated with most insurance companies. We Definitely recommend Woolies travel insurance .

Woolworths I.Woolworths Travel Insurance

Great Service, Fast and efficient!

I have used Woolies insurance about 5 times, made our first claim this trip (actually two claims) both were finalised very fast with no problems.

Woolworths I.Woolworths Travel Insurance

It's easy and reasonable!

I have been using twice this woolworth travel insurance.
It is easy to get on line and have choices.I have claimed first time this time.It was easy and so quick. I definitely use again next time as well.

Exceptional Service

I have used woolworths travel insurance about 10 times in the past . I have never had to make a claim except this last trip . I highly recommend for cost , claim convenience and the refund process .

Preety good

I need to ring couple of times becz my baby is sick. I didn't claim that because expenses were very low, claim allowance for road strike which is approved. Overall good service,

Definitely recommend!

Three times, and they’ve been wonderful each time! They are quick and efficient at addressing claims and make travel easy!

Woolworths I.Woolworths Travel Insurance

Hi Sim, thanks for sharing your review with us. We're pleased to hear we had made your Travel Insurance cover experience easy with our Claims Process. We appreciate your recommendation and thank you once again for taking up our cover. Thanks!

kel

kelmelbourne

Great price for cover and quick and easy claim process.

I used Woolworths travel insurance for the first time during a four week trip to 3 countries within Europe earlier this year.

Woolworths I.Woolworths Travel Insurance

Hi Kel, thanks for sharing your review with us. We're glad to hear we have been able to provide you with a great premium and quick and easy claims process with your Travel Insurance cover. Thanks again for choosing Woolworths Travel Insurance!

No understanding of how overseas phone calls need to be made and extremely difficult to extend for 1

Just once I saw the policy on compare the market - but they have no idea re calling back from overseas..in the end it cost me 70dollars from hotel to make 2 calls!...all I wanted to do was extend my 6 mnth policy for 1 week -10 days....2-3 emails from support to tell me to call 1300 numbers....I'M SORRY...cannot do from outside Australia - then info on reverse calls back to Australia using Telstra service - well in Indonesia - it doesn't work!.eventually call the landline number (which I only got in the 2nd or 3rd email),,and had to pay 70$ for the calls ...as my issue was 'sales' not claims>>>>......a complete lack of understanding about how to be accessible when you want something!!!

Insurance claim madeNo

Becky C

Becky Casked

I'm off for 2 years to Canada on a working visa. I'm required to present two year's worth of travel insurance at the border upon first arriving - I've bought one year with Woolworths, and want to buy a policy from November 2020 to November 2021. Is it possible to do this? The online quote system only allows for the next year.

D Best
D Best

Hi l found them very helpful l rang and asked a question on a new policy to make sure before doing it on line. I shopped around there rates are good.D

RRR
RRR

most travel insurances are not for working situations (read all PDS carefully) .. perhaps buy your insurance from a Canadian insurer.

Zoe H.Woolworths Travel Insurance

Dear Becky C,

Thank you for the above question. We would like to ask that you call our office on 1300 10 1234 to speak with our travel department, we would like to get a better understanding of the policy you have purchased to ensure you meet the criteria and that you will be fully covered. You can also ask us general questions over webchat in regards to your coverage, you can access webchat through our website, https://insurance.woolworths.com.au/

Michael S

Michael Sasked

Have sat on phone for 45 mins till my battery ran flat! Am trying to extend a Feb 2020 policy. Please contact me. Policy 1906325690451. michealsealey@bigpond.com

Zoe H.Woolworths Travel Insurance

Dear Michael,
We have a sent you a private message to request further information so we can arrange a team member to call you back if you still require assistance.

Michael

Michaelasked

Do you have a 24 hour number to ring if we need assistance and is it free.

Paul S
Paul S

Yes, is this a private message to send No

Mohammed B.Woolworths Travel Insurance

Dear Michael, Thank you for contacting Woolworths travel insurance Our General Claims Enquiries number is 1300 10 1234 (9am to 5pm AEST Monday to Friday. In regards to Emergency Claims the number is +61 2 8883 7079 (reverse charges Outside Australia). And yes the service is completely free of charge

Get an answer from our members and Woolworths Travel Insurance representatives

Woolworths Comprehensive Travel Insurance (Domestic)

Woolworths Comprehensive Travel Insurance (Domestic)

3.5
Woolworths Comprehensive Travel Insurance (Overseas)

Woolworths Comprehensive Travel Insurance (Overseas)

2.8
Woolworths Basic Travel Insurance (Domestic)

Woolworths Basic Travel Insurance (Domestic)

Woolworths Basic Travel Insurance (Overseas)

Woolworths Basic Travel Insurance (Overseas)

3.0
Woolworths Saver Travel Insurance (Domestic)

Woolworths Saver Travel Insurance (Domestic)

Woolworths Saver Travel Insurance (Overseas)

Woolworths Saver Travel Insurance (Overseas)

Woolworths Annual Multi-trip Travel Insurance (Domestic)

Woolworths Annual Multi-trip Travel Insurance (Domestic)

Woolworths Annual Multi-Trip Travel Insurance (Overseas)

Woolworths Annual Multi-Trip Travel Insurance (Overseas)

CategoryTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel Insurance
Contact Number 1300 10 12341300 10 12341300 10 12341300 10 12341300 10 12341300 10 12341300 10 12341300 10 1234
24-Hour Phone Contact NoNoNoNoNoNoNoNo
Online Live Chat NoNoNoNoNoNoNoNo
Other Insurance Types Offered Car, Home and Contents, Life and PetCar, Home and Contents, Life and PetCar, Home and Contents, Life and PetCar, Home and Contents, Life and PetCar, Home and Contents, Life and PetCar, Home and Contents, Life and PetCar, Home and Contents, Life and PetCar, Home and Contents, Life and Pet
UnderwriterHollardHollardHollardHollardHollardHollardHollardHollard
Maximum Age Covered 79 years old79 years old79 years old79 years old79 years old79 years old75 years old75 years old
Medical Coverage
Overseas Emergency Assistance Not IncludedUnlimitedNot IncludedUnlimitedNot IncludedUnlimitedNot IncludedUnlimited
Accidental Death$20,000$20,000Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included$20,000$20,000
Emergency DentalNot Included$500Not Included$500Not Included$500Not Included$500
Pregnancy (max weeks) 25 weeks25 weeks25 weeks25 weeks25 weeks25 weeks25 weeks25 weeks
Resumption of Journey Not Included$3,000 (as part of Additional Expenses)Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included$3,000 (as part of Additional Expenses)
Hospital Cash AllowanceNot Included$50 per day up to $5,000 (minimum 48 hours of hospitalisation required)Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included$50 per day up to $5,000 (minimum 48 hours of hospitalisation required)
Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital ExpensesNot IncludedUnlimitedNot IncludedUnlimitedNot IncludedUnlimitedNot IncludedUnlimited
Loss of IncomeNot Included$10,400 (max 26 weeks, up to $400 per complete week)Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included$10,400 (max 26 weeks, up to $400 per complete week)
Permanent DisabilityNot Included$25,000Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included$25,000
Luggage & Personal Effects
Theft of Cash $250$250Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included$250$250
Delayed Luggage Not Included$375 after 12 hours, $750 after 72 hoursNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included$375 after 12 hours, $750 after 72 hours
Credit Card FraudNot Included$5,000 (combined with Travel Documents cover)Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included$5,000 (combined with Travel Documents cover)
Travel Documents / Passport Not Included$5,000 (combined with Credit Card cover)Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included$5,000 (combined with Credit Card cover)
Maximum Single Item Limit $3,000 (computers, video recorders and cameras), $1,000 (mobile phones), $750 (all other items)$3,000 (computers, video recorders and cameras), $1,000 (mobile phones), $750 (all other items)$3,000 (computers, video recorders and cameras), $1,000 (mobile phones), $750 (all other items)$3,000 (computers, video recorders and cameras), $1,000 (mobile phones), $750 (all other items)$500$500$3,000 (computers, video recorders and cameras), $1,000 (mobile phones), $750 (all other items)$3,000 (computers, video recorders and cameras), $1,000 (mobile phones), $750 (all other items)
Luggage & Personal Effects $15,000$15,000$5,000$5,000$2,000 (excluding laptops, tablets, mobile phones, cameras and video cameras)$2,000 (excluding laptops, tablets, mobile phones, cameras and video cameras)$15,000$15,000
Ancillary
Personal Liability $3,000,000$3,000,000$1,000,000$1,000,000$1,000,000$1,000,000$3,000,000$3,000,000
Rental Vehicle Excess $5,000$5,000Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included$5,000$5,000
Motorbike / Moped Coverage Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Domestic Pet Care $500$500Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included$500$500
Special Activities Packages
GolfIncludedIncludedIncludedIncludedIncludedIncludedIncludedIncluded
CruiseIncludedIncludedIncludedIncludedIncludedIncludedIncludedIncluded
Adventure IncludedIncludedIncludedIncludedIncludedIncludedIncludedIncluded
Snow / SkiOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional Extra

Visit official website - Download manual