Woolworths Travel Insurance

Woolworths Travel Insurance (page 3 of 12)

Comprehensive, Basic, Saver, Annual Multi-Trip

3.8

• Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks (20), 2-4 weeks (5), <1 week (3), 3+ months (1) and 1-2 months (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (25) · No (11)

Neil G.

No online assistance whilst travelling

No online availability to extend coverage when stranded overseas. Chat service gave email address to contact which stated and did reply in 48hrs. By then home. Try anyone else first.

Ryan A.Woolworths Travel Insurance
milkyway

milkywayPerth, WA

A great travel insurance company

Well it's me again Milkyway, you only know if you got a good insurance company when it comes to claiming, well last year I had to claim twice and Woolworths travel Insurance paid out within the time they said which was 10 days, as long as you have all the information and receipts that they require.

I am so confidence in Woolworths travel Insurance at I have taken out three policies of this year's holiday nine that they have my back and if I have to make a claim they will sort it out for me.

Milkyway

Ryan A.Woolworths Travel Insurance
Sherry23

Sherry23Sydney, NSW

Customer Service 100%

I may not received the exact value that I accidentally broken but filling in the claim and receiving the claim so quick is outstanding! I am very thankful. It is very worth it to get Woolworths Travel Insurance.

herb

herbMurray Region, NSW

bri;;iant

we will look at woolworths travel insurance before any other in the future as the cover and price suited our needs perfectly and after making a claim, the ease of doing so and the way in which it was handled by allison was brilliant, i did not feel at all as though i was doing something wrong as a lot of claims personal make you feel when lodging a claim with other insurers. this was the second time we had used woolworths travel insurance. IT WONT BE THE LAST

Clint B

Clint BQueensland

Fantastic and easy

So easy to get online, such good value. There offerings of inclusions are well above other providers of comparable policies. However Woolworths are much better priced, with discounts offered on future trips. Certainly recommend.

Si Fei H.Woolworths Travel Insurance

Very easy to fill in the forms and a quick response to any concerns we had! Thank you for all explanations and fast.

Good value and very easy to set up! Very professional and fast payment after lodgement of Claim’s.
We use Woolworths travel & other insurance throughout all our daily life! Including landlord- home and car insurance etc!
We have used Woolies travel insurance over the last 4 years. But we use Woolies for all other insurance for several years now! JB

Rach Y

Rach Y

Would not recommend to my worst enemy

Pam P

Pam PWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Sad I cant use it again on turning 80

Cant believe the excellent service I received from Woolworths Travel Ins. Sent my claim in,[ with all the relevant details] and a week later I was notified that it had been accepted and 3 days after that the money was in my bank account. Just sorry i cant use you again as Ive now turned 80.

PNG

PNGSydney, NSW

Disgraceful! Don't go here. These guys are penny pinchers

Bought travel insurance for 3 people including my elderly mother to travel within Australia but had to cancel because my mum fell ill and had to be hospitalised. Lodged a claim and it wasn't paid out because my mum is not a Australian resident. Funny how they happily took the premium to include her in the policy. Careful, read the fine print, these guys are all about $$$

Woolworths

Made a claim with Woolworths only a couple of days later claim was paid into my account..... excellent service I recommend Woolworths travel insurance to everyone.. thanks Woolworths I will continue to use you in the future thanks again

PMS

PMSLondon

Positive outcome after trip cancelled

My elderly mother had to cancel her trip due to a medical emergency with another family member. Once we had the forms and she was in the system, communication was great, with updates telling her where she was at and what was going on. Her money was reimbursed within weeks of the claim being submitted and the team was professional and efficient. So we had a good experience. thanks

Customer Service R.Woolworths Travel Insurance

Hi PMS, Thank you for sharing your experience with Woolworths Travel Insurance. Hope to assist you in future again.

Sydney0808Sydney, NSW

Worst Travel Insurance Company Ever!!!!

Insurance claim madeNo

very happy traveller

we have used woolworths travel insurance quite a few times now we take out yearly travel with them .last time we were oversea my husband ended up in a budapest hospital having surgery had no trouble claiming back from Woolworths paid for everything so we are happy travellers

Absolute Joke - Dont let their low price fool you

Customer Service R.Woolworths Travel Insurance

Refund refused because trip cancelled

3 occasions. All top cover.
I have never previously had a reason to make a claim.
This time trip cancelled ultimately due to tour operator liquidating.
However advised by Woolworths that policy does not cover for trips cancelled by tour company. Can’t imagine this would be acceptable to any potential claimant.

I would choose Woolworths Travel Insurance again

This was the first time I've used Woolworths and when I had an incident that resulted in the loss of personal items they were very helpful in guiding me how to make the claim. The claim process was very easy to complete and they responded and paid me the claim within the time they specified. Overall it was a great experience considering I'd lost something very valuable to me.

Woolworths I.Woolworths Travel Insurance

Excess per person is ridiculous!!!

I have used this company twice now, first time was fine because I didn't need to make a claim! Second time I was not happy as my son became extremely ill and was not allowed to travel, so I put a claim in and not only I was I charged a $100 excess, but so were both my children... both under the age of 12! So I ended up paying a $300 excess instead of $100 on only one policy! Im not sure how they figure that, seen as my children were both free to put on the policy! Im not impressed and will NEVER be going through this company again!

Great to deal with

I have used this insurance everytime I travel.They were fantastic to deal with when I madea claim,which I did in last trip.

Woolworths I.Woolworths Travel Insurance

Hi Pancake, thanks for sharing your review with us. We're glad to hear we had been fantastic to deal with and has been able to assist you with your claim. Thank you for choosing Woolworths Travel Insurance cover!

Pancake
Pancake

Thankyou for being such a great Company

Denise

DeniseGold Coast

Good value and inquiries dealt with promptly.

This is the first time using Woolworths insurance. They were considerably cheaper than some other well known travel insurers for similar policies. They covered and paid for equipment damage during our trip with refreshing professionalism, We have never had to make a travel related claim before and expected the usual disappointment associated with most insurance companies. We Definitely recommend Woolies travel insurance .

Woolworths I.Woolworths Travel Insurance

Great Service, Fast and efficient!

I have used Woolies insurance about 5 times, made our first claim this trip (actually two claims) both were finalised very fast with no problems.

See all Woolworths Travel Insurance reviews

Maz S.

Maz S.asked

Woolworths Travel Insurance

Hi..I would like to cancel my travel insurance as we are not going to New Zealand at this present time

My Policy Number is TRVC 2002 364958791

Elisabeth L.Woolworths Travel Insurance

Hi Maz S, thanks for getting in touch with us about your Travel Insurance Policy. If you are no longer going on your trip we are able to cancel your policy and provide a full refund of the premium paid. If you still need assistance with this, please get in touch with our service team on 1300 10 1234 between the hours of 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday or 9am to 5pm on Saturday and Sunday (EST) or please visit our website https://insurance.woolworths.com.au/ Where one of our Customer Service Representatives are available for you via web chat from 8.30am - 7.30pm weekdays and 9.30am to 4.30pm on weekends. Thank you.

Vanessa

Vanessaasked

Woolworths Travel Insurance

Due to travel restrictions are we able to change the dates of the insurance policy?

Bunbury couple
Bunbury couple

Sorry Vanessa,you'll have to ask woolies insurance.

Brock B.Woolworths Travel Insurance

Hi Vanessa, thanks for reaching out. Due to current circumstances surrounding COVID-19, we are offering our customers the option to have their policy refunded. Unfortunately, we will not be able to change the dates of your policy. Kindly contact our customer service team on 1300 10 12 34 to have this resolved.

Vanessa

Vanessaasked

Woolworths Travel Insurance

I have a standard policy for an upcoming trip in June 2020. This covered me for 6 months travel so it was quite expensive for me as a 20 year old. Can I change the dates at all or get a refund/credit for future use?

Get an answer from our members and Woolworths Travel Insurance representatives

Compare all 8 Woolworths Travel Insurance
CategoryTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel Insurance
Contact Number 1300 10 12341300 10 12341300 10 12341300 10 1234
24-Hour Phone Contact NoNoNoNo
Online Live Chat NoNoNoNo
Other Insurance Types Offered Car, Home and Contents, Life and PetCar, Home and Contents, Life and PetCar, Home and Contents, Life and PetCar, Home and Contents, Life and Pet
UnderwriterHollardHollardHollardHollard
Maximum Age Covered 79 years old79 years old79 years old79 years old
Medical Coverage
Overseas Emergency Assistance Not IncludedUnlimitedNot IncludedUnlimited
Accidental Death$20,000$20,000Not IncludedNot Included
Emergency DentalNot Included$500Not Included$500
Pregnancy (max weeks) 25 weeks25 weeks25 weeks25 weeks
Resumption of Journey Not Included$3,000 (as part of Additional Expenses)Not IncludedNot Included
Hospital Cash AllowanceNot Included$50 per day up to $5,000 (minimum 48 hours of hospitalisation required)Not IncludedNot Included
Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital ExpensesNot IncludedUnlimitedNot IncludedUnlimited
Loss of IncomeNot Included$10,400 (max 26 weeks, up to $400 per complete week)Not IncludedNot Included
Permanent DisabilityNot Included$25,000Not IncludedNot Included
Luggage & Personal Effects
Theft of Cash $250$250Not IncludedNot Included
Delayed Luggage Not Included$375 after 12 hours, $750 after 72 hoursNot IncludedNot Included
Credit Card FraudNot Included$5,000 (combined with Travel Documents cover)Not IncludedNot Included
Travel Documents / Passport Not Included$5,000 (combined with Credit Card cover)Not IncludedNot Included
Maximum Single Item Limit $3,000 (computers, video recorders and cameras), $1,000 (mobile phones), $750 (all other items)$3,000 (computers, video recorders and cameras), $1,000 (mobile phones), $750 (all other items)$3,000 (computers, video recorders and cameras), $1,000 (mobile phones), $750 (all other items)$3,000 (computers, video recorders and cameras), $1,000 (mobile phones), $750 (all other items)
Luggage & Personal Effects $15,000$15,000$5,000$5,000