Workzone (Aldi) Bench-Top Router Table

Joe

Joeasked

What type of router tta-7802suits this particular model

Lefty0655asked

I live in the United Kingdom and I am thinking of buying one of these tables and noticed the switch is on the front of the table. My Makita Router has a dead man's switch. My question is how does the table defeat the switch and allow you to start and stop the router from the switch the table?

Roger
Roger

Fit router to table no bit fitted! switch on, won't start until green button on table switch is pressed in. Power runs from mains to TABLE SWITCH from there to your router. So yes table switch does control the router. Recommend play around with it first, with no bit in it, get familiar with it.
With switch cover down & router running for emergency stop you just hit the flap, switches off straight away. The screws that hold router to table are poor quality, don't last long., suggest be ready to get replacements.
Fence is inaccurate, I used piece of MDF lined it up with a square on table, checking from both sides. Was far better than plastic fence supplied.
I was puzzled by the switch question, so your not alone on this. Took me a while to get my head round it. When I did it was fine.
Good luck with it.

Best regards,

Roger.

Hi Roger,
Thanks for your reply, I will give it a try. I find that most fences are too flimsy like the one on my table saw, so had to make my own. There are plenty of options on youtube.
Regards,
Lefty

Get an answer from our members and ALDI representatives