World Nomads Travel Insurance

World Nomads Travel Insurance (page 2 of 19)

Explorer Plan, Standard Plan

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (1)
    • 1-2 weeks (1)
    • 2-4 weeks (3)
    • 1-2 months (5)
    • 3+ months (5)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (3) · No (12)
Yoav B.
Yoav B.Sydney, NSW

Complete scam

Steveh
StevehSouth East Queensland, QLD

Already recommend to anyone travellIng, so glad I had it

The staff at the emergency response are amazing, after doing ligament damage to my knee in Bali they organised everything to fly home and sort out medical stuff from home, they helped immediately and answered all of my questions and checked to see how I was. No complications yet just waiting for medical reimbursement now.

DestinationSouth-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)

No value for money

I purchased traveller's insurance from World Nomads and was hospitalised during my vacation. When I returned home, I obtained the extensive documentation required. I submitted my claim for reimbursement of medical expenses four months ago. Every time I contact them, I get another email saying, "We'll get back to you in ten days."

ASJ
ASJNew South Wales

Excellent experience with World Nomads

Avoid using this travel insurance...complete scam.

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Jana Urban
Jana UrbanCasey 2913, ACT

Don’t buy this insurance.

I’ve got the highest travel insurance so I’d be covered if I miss one of my trips. Because of a flooding the buses couldn’t drive and that’s why I couldn’t take part on a whitsundays trip (sailing trip on Australias east coast) I booked. I didn’t get any money back, because “this is not a case for the insurance”.
Seriously don’t go for this insurance

Terrible service.

Slow at responding. Will try anything to do you out of a claim. Would avoid at all costs. I purchased extra "gadget insurance" from these guys but I might aswel not have as when i lost my drone. I know now why this company has so many good reviews from travel bloggers, because these bloggers are paid to write the reviews. Just avoid them.

chinfia
chinfiaSydney

Constantly avoiding to pay out on claim

Never heard from claims adjuster after almost 2 months

I filed a claim with this company after being mugged and sent to the hospital, and after sending them multiple emails I still have yet to receive any response for my claim. No calls, emails, nothing. I will not be using them again when I travel.

Not satisfied AT ALL

Josh
JoshSouth East Queensland, QLD

Never again will I use this company - waste of time and $$

Our Qanatas flight was delayed and we missed our transfers - World nomads wouldn’t accept our claim despite advertising being covered for out of pocket expenses due to delays. Never again will I use this company - waste of time and $$

Jde
JdeGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Insurance claim-not

Lost a whole lot of stuff overseas trusting that I had insurance. Took them 2 weeks to respond saying I hadn’t notified the right authorities in time to attempt a claim. They weren’t very helpful at all. Can see where they get a bad rep from. Would not recommend.

Avoid it at all cost

Joe
JoeSydney

Phony travel insurers. Stay away for your own safety.

cha
chahobart

Appalling and unprofessional

Only once and this will be the last time. Almost 6 weeks and still no resolution to a simple claim. If I could click no stars I would. Next time I shall go with icover who were excellent for travel insurance on a previous trip

Lisa N
Lisa Nasked
World Nomads Travel Insurance

I notice that all the 4 and 5 star reviews are from 2+ years ago, but recently, all the reviews are 1 star. What's happened to the claims process in that time for this to be so consistent?

Hanum
Hanumasked
World Nomads Travel Insurance

Hi I'm Hanum, a Malaysian. I'm going to Australia for holiday while pregnant. My question is am I eligible to buy World Nomads travel insurance? Does the World Nomads cover pregnancy complication? Thank you.

Barbara Moore
Barbara Mooreasked
World Nomads Travel Insurance

I need to file a claim, and I need a password tom proceed. Will you please notify me with a password?
Barbara Moore ID 622070

World Nomads
Sarah T.World Nomads

Hi Barbara,

Just to make sure I'm resetting the correct password on the correct account, could you please send me a quick email on help@worldnomads.com?

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Sarah

Permanent DisabilityNot Included$12,500
Luggage & Personal Effects
Theft of Cash Not Included$250
Delayed Luggage $300 after 12 hours$450 after 12 hours
Credit Card Fraud$1,500 as part of Travel Documents cover$1,000 as part of Travel Documents cover
Travel Documents / Passport $1,500$1,000
Maximum Single Item Limit $500 (Laptops or Cameras)$2,000 (Laptops or Cameras)
Luggage & Personal Effects $2,000$10,000