World Nomads Travel Insurance

World Nomads Travel Insurance (page 2 of 13)

Explorer Plan and Standard Plan

Payal

PayalSacramento

Save yourself!

Absolute Scam for Adventure Sports, AVOID

RobSydney

Very poor, stay away

Easy to sign up, impossible to discuss a claim. No response to email after 8 days. Hopeless, rip off, stay away

Rob

Matt, 9 days, no reply. check 23.06. sorry. nothing here. It's just been a rubbish experience and talk of depriciating my lost items.

Mkss

Mkss

Did not cover flight cancellation due to fine print

Insurance claim madeNo
Sarah T.World Nomads

Don't expect support when you need it!

Poor

Claim form online extremely hard and annoying to fill up. Emergency number not working. I was on a car accident and found out they are not covering anything. Not even sunglasses for some funny reason? The first and the last time.

Avoid at all costs

Pulling teeth is easier than making a claim with this company. From a terrible website that sends you through numerous dead ends when attempting to make a claim to a communications department that will make every attempt to ignore you and your claim. I have been absolutely disgusted by the behaviour of World Nomads and will never insure through them again.

Ben

BenSydney

Lying, cheating claims department

Sarah T.World Nomads

NEVER AGAIN! Not worth the money.

SpencerBrunswick

Absolutely atrocious customer service

PaigeH

PaigeHEdmonton

Phone got stolen and they say it's not covered

I won't use them again

Don't choose world nomads. They would not even refund me the remainder of my travel insurance when part way through a working holiday my travel companion/girlfriend had a family emergency. It was her immediate family and she was very upset. Most companies will refund a remainder of insurance if you cancel trip part way through for emergency. Insurance should help you in these unfortunate situations and usually does. But when I submitted a claim they gave me no money, not even refund for remainder of policy. My girlfriend's company had refund policy no questions asked. Please choose another company.

JohnBSydnery

Helpful and supportive all the way through the claim

I needed to fly home for surgery and Global Nomads system for helping out was efficient and supportive. They were prompt in their emails, and got on the phone when needed.
They didn't hesitate to pay for flights and got me home as quickly as possible.
Thoroughly recommended.

JohnB

Thanks Matt, all recovered and back on the field in Africa with Mercy Ships.

Exasperating and futile attempts to communicate when making a claim.

USD$15,000 all covered.

Greg

GregSydney, NSW

Extremely difficult to make a claim

Mario G.

Mario G.Brisbane

Not there when they are needed

Sarah T.World Nomads

Scam! They won't even acknowledge our claim

To whom it may concern,

It's been over 3 weeks since we filed our claim and no one has been in touch with us. We called trip mate USA and they gave us a fake email when we asked where to send our additional information. I have purchased this insurance more than once and recommended it to so many friends, yet this is the first time I actually need it and it seems like a huge scam.
Acknowledge your customers!! We will be posting this message as a review of your deserving one star, also will recommend everyone who is still on the roads to call their CC and cancel their insurance because it's non existent.

Here are pictures of documents you required a NOMAD to have while traveling in the middle of nowhere. RIDICULOUS!

Sarah T.World Nomads

They are a scam company -they owe me around $6000 and haven't paid in four months

I took their coverage for medical and emergency evacuation. I am a US citizen. I have submitted the reimbursement receipts and proof of travel. They will keep deflecting and not paying you. They are interested in your money, not in actually being there when you need them, what they CLAIM they are there for. It's a scam company. Do NOT take insurance from them. They are AWFUL and unethical. In the US they'd have a class action lawsuit against them, and I will now explore that option.

Sarah T.World Nomads

Quick and easy claims process

I had to make a claim for my medical expenses because my toddler fell ill in Thailand. The online claims system was straight forward and the money hit my account within few days. Would highly recommend to families traveling with kids.

Lisa N

Lisa Nasked

I notice that all the 4 and 5 star reviews are from 2+ years ago, but recently, all the reviews are 1 star. What's happened to the claims process in that time for this to be so consistent?

Hanum

Hanumasked

Hi I'm Hanum, a Malaysian. I'm going to Australia for holiday while pregnant. My question is am I eligible to buy World Nomads travel insurance? Does the World Nomads cover pregnancy complication? Thank you.

Barbara Moore

Barbara Mooreasked

I need to file a claim, and I need a password tom proceed. Will you please notify me with a password?
Barbara Moore ID 622070

Hi Barbara,

Just to make sure I'm resetting the correct password on the correct account, could you please send me a quick email on help@worldnomads.com?

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Sarah

Permanent DisabilityNot Included$12,500
Luggage & Personal Effects
Theft of Cash Not Included$250
Delayed Luggage $300 after 12 hours$450 after 12 hours
Credit Card Fraud$1,500 as part of Travel Documents cover$1,000 as part of Travel Documents cover
Travel Documents / Passport $1,500$1,000
Maximum Single Item Limit $500 (Laptops or Cameras)$2,000 (Laptops or Cameras)
Luggage & Personal Effects $2,000$10,000