World Nomads Travel Insurance

World Nomads Travel Insurance (page 2)

2.7

• 1-2 weeks (2)
  • 2-4 weeks (4)
  • 1-2 months (6)
  • 3+ months (9)
Claim ApprovedYes (4) · No (17)
See the Best Travel Insurance in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

World Nomads Travel Insurance284 reviews
Rogeraussieboy
RogeraussieboyMelbourne
  World Nomads Travel Insurance

Good company, a bit overpriced if you don't do adventure sports

Good company, a bit overpriced if you don't do adventure sports. If do you adventure sports while traveling, they are pretty much the best. Not sure sure why so many people complaint below, I have 2 friends I was traveling with who had to claim with World nomads and they got paid no problems. I used to use World nomads but never had to claim anything. Now I don't do adventure sports anymore so I prefer to buy my travel insurance with Safety wing, relatively new service but cheaper than World nomads. It depends what style of traveler you are.

Anna
AnnaBrisbane
Carly
CarlyVICSouthwest, VIC42 posts

Got paid eventually

I had to provide A LOT of information and proof, it took many weeks but eventually I did receive some money for my claim. Not all of it but enough to have justified the time spent. Make sure you keep as many of your travel documents and receipts as possible. I think I did okay compared to some of the reviews I have read here. I was surprised to receive a good response. One woman even called me on the phone to chat one day about my claim which was a pleasant surprise! I think they are fair but like all insurance companies expect to work for it.

Alex
Matt
Rob
RobSydney2 posts

Very poor, stay away

Easy to sign up, impossible to discuss a claim. No response to email after 8 days. Hopeless, rip off, stay away

Kelly
Kelly3 posts
Filipe Marques
Filipe Marques
Miika
Miika

Poor

Claim form online extremely hard and annoying to fill up. Emergency number not working. I was on a car accident and found out they are not covering anything. Not even sunglasses for some funny reason? The first and the last time.

Andrew M
Andrew M

Avoid at all costs

Pulling teeth is easier than making a claim with this company. From a terrible website that sends you through numerous dead ends when attempting to make a claim to a communications department that will make every attempt to ignore you and your claim. I have been absolutely disgusted by the behaviour of World Nomads and will never insure through them again.

Ben
PaigeHEdmonton

andrew14
andrew14

I won't use them again

Don't choose world nomads. They would not even refund me the remainder of my travel insurance when part way through a working holiday my travel companion/girlfriend had a family emergency. It was her immediate family and she was very upset. Most companies will refund a remainder of insurance if you cancel trip part way through for emergency. Insurance should help you in these unfortunate situations and usually does. But when I submitted a claim they gave me no money, not even refund for remainder of policy. My girlfriend's company had refund policy no questions asked. Please choose another company.

JohnB
JohnBSydnery2 posts
  Verified Explorer Plan

Helpful and supportive all the way through the claim

I needed to fly home for surgery and Global Nomads system for helping out was efficient and supportive. They were prompt in their emails, and got on the phone when needed.

They didn't hesitate to pay for flights and got me home as quickly as possible.

Thoroughly recommended.

Mario G.Brisbane
Fiona
Fiona
  World Nomads Travel Insurance

Scam! They won't even acknowledge our claim

To whom it may concern,

It's been over 3 weeks since we filed our claim and no one has been in touch with us. We called trip mate USA and they gave us a fake email when we asked where to send our additional information. I have purchased this insurance more than once and recommended it to so many friends, yet this is the first time I actually need it and it seems like a huge scam.

Acknowledge your customers!! We will be posting this message as a review of your deserving one star, also will recommend everyone who is still on the roads to call their CC and cancel their insurance because it's non existent.

Here are pictures of documents you required a NOMAD to have while traveling in the middle of nowhere. RIDICULOUS!

Vasu
Vasu
  Verified Standard Plan

They are a scam company -they owe me around $6000 and haven't paid in four months

I took their coverage for medical and emergency evacuation. I am a US citizen. I have submitted the reimbursement receipts and proof of travel. They will keep deflecting and not paying you. They are interested in your money, not in actually being there when you need them, what they CLAIM they are there for. It's a scam company. Do NOT take insurance from them. They are AWFUL and unethical. In the US they'd have a class action lawsuit against them, and I will now explore that option.

Carol Hanningan
Carol Hanningan
  World Nomads Travel Insurance

Quick and easy claims process

I had to make a claim for my medical expenses because my toddler fell ill in Thailand. The online claims system was straight forward and the money hit my account within few days. Would highly recommend to families traveling with kids.

Scott Message
Scott MessageNSWSydney, NSW5 posts
  World Nomads Travel Insurance

Emergency Assistance when you need it

After falling ill in Bali, my wife contacted the Emergency Assistance team in Sydney, who were very professional and friendly. They told us to go to BIMC in Nusa Dua. I was diagnosed with dengue and received the care and treatment i needed. The team also helped rearrange my flights home.

Hannah
HannahNewcastle4 posts
Doug
Doug

Typical insurance company

They tell you they'll be back to you in a week, they get back to you in 3. I found not only were they slow, but quick to do anything they can to not help you. Can't say I'm surprised, they're an insurance company. They exist off of your fear of the unknown and do everything in their power to do the opposite of what you are told.

Kiki
KikiHelsinki

Terrible!!!

Wasted 300€ on this insurance.

They won't pay you for anything.

My GoPro camera got stolen from my bag that i was carrying in the Philippines and our car got robbed in Israel so I lost my iphone&headphones. I had receipts for my devices but still no money back from this terrible insurance. They won't reimburse you for anything!!

Not recommended!!!

Jenn
JennNew York8 posts
Lauren
LaurenMinneapolis
Chris
ChrisPembroke Pines2 posts

Worst Insurance company ever

World Nomads uses Tripmate (subsidiary) to handle your claims within the U.S. Customer service has no real clue as to what the claim adjuster is doing or how long your claim will take. They will ask for necessary medical information (of which you will have to fax several times) and drag out the process of your claim for months. The customer service agents will send over expedite emails to the claims adjuster with no response. They will have you in limbo for months. They give you the impression that they have no real desire to close out your claim even when everything is verified and not pre existing. I have been waiting now for 3 months with no answers. Buyers "BEWARE"!!!!

Alex
AlexAuckland
  Verified World Nomads Travel Insurance

Useless. They will do whatever they can to deny your claim

Buy some other stuff. If you are really concerned about insurance, try to find some other company. World Nomads will deny your claim because you didn't read some fine letter in their contract. "Were you flying around during the last 24 hours and forgot to read the whole contract, including some very fine print after being robbed? Ohhh too bad! Better luck next time!". "Did you have a very bad experience in your holiday trip? Don't worry, World Nomads will give you an even worse experience!".

Peter
Peter
  Verified Standard Plan

!DONT! buy your trave insurance from WoldNomads!

Had my wallet stolen on a trip to Bali. I got a police report, mailed it to world nomads, but was sadly told that they policy was clear on the subject and that their wouldn't cover. I can't see the point of buying an insurance if their policy is to not cover theft of a wallet??? Completely useless.

RyanZH
RyanZHDURHAM
Jacob Fennell
Jacob FennellDammam

Roberto Shlesinger
Roberto ShlesingerMIAMI4 posts

Alert !!! USA travelers

Very disappointed! I have a medical issue in my last trip to Argentina (medical bill just 100$) after weeks of trying to recover this amount from world nomads (their company in USA is TRIPMATE) they send me to deal my insurance BCBS to asks from them the money which they DO NOT cover. So if you are an USA traveler I recommend avoid using world nomads because in case of any problem you will have to deal with TRIPMATE and will be a nightmare!

Tuuls
TuulsBrussels
me_Ty
me_Ty2 posts

Very disappointed

I had a pregnancy-related issue and ended up in the hospital during a trip to Europe. The bill wasn't even that expensive, but since I had purchased 'coverage', I decided to claim. World nomads didn't even initiate my claim. I was told to contact my regular health insurance company. Totally untrustworthy! Complete waste of money and time. I will never purchase again!

KKA
KKA3 posts
  World Nomads Travel Insurance

Great service for my trip in Nepal

I bought trekking insurance with World Nomads in Dec 2016 for my trek to Everest Base Camp. I came down with severe mountain sickness on my trip, and WN covered my helicopter rescue and all of my hospital expenses. They made it extremely easy for me and I am just so happy I went with them. If I hadn't gone with them, I would've been forced to pay around $12,000 for heli rescue as there was no possible way I could walk down. Thanks for your help World Nomads!