World Nomads Travel Insurance

World Nomads Travel Insurance (page 2 of 6)

Explorer Plan, Standard Plan
See the Best Travel Insurance in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by World Nomads

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (1)
    • 2-4 weeks (2)
    • 1-2 months (5)
    • 3+ months (5)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (2) · No (11)

Avoid it at all cost

Joe
JoeSydney

Phony travel insurers. Stay away for your own safety.

cha
chahobart

Appalling and unprofessional

Only once and this will be the last time. Almost 6 weeks and still no resolution to a simple claim. If I could click no stars I would. Next time I shall go with icover who were excellent for travel insurance on a previous trip

Anna
AnnaBrisbane

Dismal Service - DO NOT TRAVEL WITH WORLD NOMADS

Alex
AlexCoventry

Explorer doesnt cover what you would expect. Never using them again.

Insurance claim madeYes

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019

Save yourself!

Absolute Scam for Adventure Sports, AVOID

RobSydney

Very poor, stay away

Easy to sign up, impossible to discuss a claim. No response to email after 8 days. Hopeless, rip off, stay away

Rob

Matt, 9 days, no reply. check 23.06. sorry. nothing here. It's just been a rubbish experience and talk of depriciating my lost items.

Find out how World Nomads Travel Insurance compares to other Travel Insurance

Don't expect support when you need it!

Poor

Claim form online extremely hard and annoying to fill up. Emergency number not working. I was on a car accident and found out they are not covering anything. Not even sunglasses for some funny reason? The first and the last time.

Avoid at all costs

Pulling teeth is easier than making a claim with this company. From a terrible website that sends you through numerous dead ends when attempting to make a claim to a communications department that will make every attempt to ignore you and your claim. I have been absolutely disgusted by the behaviour of World Nomads and will never insure through them again.

Ben
BenSydney

Lying, cheating claims department

SpencerBrunswick

Absolutely atrocious customer service

PaigeH
PaigeHEdmonton

Phone got stolen and they say it's not covered

I won't use them again

Don't choose world nomads. They would not even refund me the remainder of my travel insurance when part way through a working holiday my travel companion/girlfriend had a family emergency. It was her immediate family and she was very upset. Most companies will refund a remainder of insurance if you cancel trip part way through for emergency. Insurance should help you in these unfortunate situations and usually does. But when I submitted a claim they gave me no money, not even refund for remainder of policy. My girlfriend's company had refund policy no questions asked. Please choose another company.

Sarah T.World Nomads

Exasperating and futile attempts to communicate when making a claim.

Insurance claim madeYes

Scam! They won't even acknowledge our claim

To whom it may concern,

It's been over 3 weeks since we filed our claim and no one has been in touch with us. We called trip mate USA and they gave us a fake email when we asked where to send our additional information. I have purchased this insurance more than once and recommended it to so many friends, yet this is the first time I actually need it and it seems like a huge scam.
Acknowledge your customers!! We will be posting this message as a review of your deserving one star, also will recommend everyone who is still on the roads to call their CC and cancel their insurance because it's non existent.

Here are pictures of documents you required a NOMAD to have while traveling in the middle of nowhere. RIDICULOUS!

Sarah T.World Nomads

They are a scam company -they owe me around $6000 and haven't paid in four months

I took their coverage for medical and emergency evacuation. I am a US citizen. I have submitted the reimbursement receipts and proof of travel. They will keep deflecting and not paying you. They are interested in your money, not in actually being there when you need them, what they CLAIM they are there for. It's a scam company. Do NOT take insurance from them. They are AWFUL and unethical. In the US they'd have a class action lawsuit against them, and I will now explore that option.

HannahNewcastle

Warning! The worst travel insurance company by far

Typical insurance company

They tell you they'll be back to you in a week, they get back to you in 3. I found not only were they slow, but quick to do anything they can to not help you. Can't say I'm surprised, they're an insurance company. They exist off of your fear of the unknown and do everything in their power to do the opposite of what you are told.

Kiki
KikiHelsinki

Terrible!!!

Wasted 300€ on this insurance.
They won't pay you for anything.
My GoPro camera got stolen from my bag that i was carrying in the Philippines and our car got robbed in Israel so I lost my iphone&headphones. I had receipts for my devices but still no money back from this terrible insurance. They won't reimburse you for anything!!
Not recommended!!!

JennNew York

Worst Travel Insurance. They'll take your money and not reimburse you for anything!

Lauren
LaurenMinneapolis

Used to be good, but now they don't care about customers and will stall your claim and lose checks!

ChrisPembroke Pines

Worst Insurance company ever.

World Nomads uses Tripmate (subsidiary) to handle your claims within the U.S. Customer service has no real clue as to what the claim adjuster is doing or how long your claim will take. They will ask for necessary medical information (of which you will have to fax several times) and drag out the process of your claim for months. The customer service agents will send over expedite emails to the claims adjuster with no response. They will have you in limbo for months. They give you the impression that they have no real desire to close out your claim even when everything is verified and not pre existing. I have been waiting now for 3 months with no answers. Buyers "BEWARE"!!!!

Chris

I emailed you all my information today (June 19, 2017). I really hope you are able to resolve this issue.