World Nomads Travel Insurance

World Nomads Travel Insurance (page 3 of 6)

Explorer Plan, Standard Plan
See the Best Travel Insurance in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by World Nomads

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (1)
    • 2-4 weeks (2)
    • 1-2 months (5)
    • 3+ months (5)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (2) · No (11)
Alex
AlexAuckland

Useless. They will do whatever they can to deny your claim.

Buy some other stuff. If you are really concerned about insurance, try to find some other company. World Nomads will deny your claim because you didn't read some fine letter in their contract. "Were you flying around during the last 24 hours and forgot to read the whole contract, including some very fine print after being robbed? Ohhh too bad! Better luck next time!". "Did you have a very bad experience in your holiday trip? Don't worry, World Nomads will give you an even worse experience!".

Sarah T.World Nomads

!DONT! buy your trave insurance from WoldNomads!

Had my wallet stolen on a trip to Bali. I got a police report, mailed it to world nomads, but was sadly told that they policy was clear on the subject and that their wouldn't cover. I can't see the point of buying an insurance if their policy is to not cover theft of a wallet??? Completely useless.

RyanZH
RyanZHDURHAM

Do NOT use World Nomads

Alert !!! USA travelers

Very disappointed! I have a medical issue in my last trip to Argentina (medical bill just 100$) after weeks of trying to recover this amount from world nomads (their company in USA is TRIPMATE) they send me to deal my insurance BCBS to asks from them the money which they DO NOT cover. So if you are an USA traveler I recommend avoid using world nomads because in case of any problem you will have to deal with TRIPMATE and will be a nightmare!

Tuuls
TuulsBrussels

Very disappointing

Insurance claim madeYes

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending

Very disappointed

I had a pregnancy-related issue and ended up in the hospital during a trip to Europe. The bill wasn't even that expensive, but since I had purchased 'coverage', I decided to claim. World nomads didn't even initiate my claim. I was told to contact my regular health insurance company. Totally untrustworthy! Complete waste of money and time. I will never purchase again!

Insurance claim madeNo
me_Ty
me_Ty

I have contacted you in the email above.

Mullos
MullosTerrigal

I didn't feel that they worked with me on my claim case, instead against me.

I used them on a recent trip over seas, after finding them on google and noticing they had customised packages. Ie) Explorer packages, etc.

When I had an event it was time to claim. To put it simply I was given minimal feedback, nor was able to discuss my claim while in the process. It resulted in being denied, even though my partner was approved with her claim during the same situation. Very disappointing, be careful if you value belongings.

Gus
GusCentral coast

They offered the world, until it came to claim

Myself and partner chose the 'explorer' package, for some flexibility with cover, as we were hiking and going outdoors a lot in the Philippines. When an event occurred and it came time to claim, I was treated rudely and denied my claim without question. I would not recommend personally if you are worried about your belongings.

Total rip off

Don't ever take world nomads travel insurance. I don't think my policy was of good value at all. It was a total rip off. I got my gopro stolen in Brazil but Worldnomads had all the excuses possible not to reimburse me. I'm very disatissfied with such poor service. If something happen to you and you need to put a claim through, forget about it. They will never refund you. Worst insuance provider. I would actually like to give them 0 star

Find out how World Nomads Travel Insurance compares to other Travel Insurance

How is a car’s trunk not separate from the passenger compartment?

Sarah T.World Nomads

World Nomad uses Tripmate and they are a Nightmare you will never wake up from.

Sarah T.World Nomads

Hope noone dies when your overseas, because they'll make a difficult time even more difficult

Natasha
NatashaSydney

Don't buy it if you want to cover your valuables

Sarah T.World Nomads

Cost does not mean better service I guess

LukasBrasilia

Untrustworthy

Lukas

The new luggage costed me 169 Euros, so even discounting 70 Euros as you say, World Nomads was still supposed to pay for the remaining 99 Euros. Instead, excuses were made and nothing was covered.

Clay Rogers
Clay RogersHALF MOON BAY

Absolute crap!

I was assured at the time of the incident that my claim would be covered. After months of going back and forth. I was denied. I'm out over $5000 for a trip I never got to go on. Was the policy a good value, I don't think so since they didn't help my at all. I guess it was very easy to set up, but that's were it ended.

Sarah T.World Nomads

No(t) mad enough... to ever use Nomads again!

I've used Nomads several times in the last few years and never made a claim. On my last trip I accidentally left my wedding ring in my hotel room, on the bed side table, in the rush to checkout and get to the airport... By the time I realized and rang the hotel it was deemed lost, or more than likely cleaned up by the cleaner. Anyhow Nomads assessed my claim to be in a public place and therefore not valid. However I had specifically spelled out it was in the 4th floor hotel room, with guest key access to the lift and rooms.

Stephen
Stephen

P.S. Don't listen to the generic Nomad's response, they don't cover things like this. Changes their tune on three occasions when I dug deeper! Buyers be very wary...

Stay away from World Nomads!

Apparently, theft from your checked-in luggage is not covered as it is 'unattended'. It also seems that they are able to avoid paying a claim by defining items as 'valuables', which they do not cover without an additional premium. Unfortunately for us, that definition is left to World Nomads so could include anything.

I had high hopes for World Nomads, but they refused my claim when my sunnies were stolen from my luggage en-route from Bangkok to Kathmandu via Mumbai. Sadly they are just another profit driven insurance company and are not interested in being fair to their customers.

Happy travels!

Mzungu Phil
Mzungu Phil

So disappointing!!

Travelwriter
Travelwriter

Hi Matt, thanks for your reply, will email you today with the details and am looking forward to finding a mutually satisfying solution.

Leon68Perth, WA

Truly disappointing experience

Leon68

Thanks. I look forward to hearing from you. I will update this column with a response.following your further investigation. The main facts however are as described and supported with a Police Report.

Leon68

Hope to get a reply soon - the last I have heard is that the claim was being escalated. Not sure what that means as 3 weeks now without communication.

DK3
DK3Arlington

Trip Interruption - 3 months and endless circle of same requests. No refund.

I had a trip interruption the first day of my travels due to the terrorist acts in Paris last November, so I changed my flight and returned home immediately. It has been three months since I opened a claim, with endless emails and requests for the same documentation that I have provided on 4 separate occasions. It seems like they are going through a cycle of the same unnecessary requests (so they don't really have to refund me) but I don't get any responses back from their email support team. Every time I call they are currently still "investigating" - 3 months later!

Ayden Hibbs
Ayden HibbsPerth, Western Australia

Shonky

Sarah T.World Nomads

Do not purchase their travel insurance

It has been over three months now and I am still waiting for my trip interruption and resumption payment to be confirmed. The whole process has been a never ending request for documentation (Even where documentation was not actually necessary for the claim, or has already been provided), agents clearly not reading my emails, unable to contact my claims manager, miss-communications and conflicting messages from their staff, and even a couple of phone calls at 10pm at night in which my claims officer derided me. Absolutely shocking behaviour from this company, I was a long time user but will not be using them again.

PeterPerth

Blood from stone

Absolutely terrible. Do not purchase insurance through World Nomads. Had two straightforward claims to put through for my iPhone and GoPro from a trip to China, originally with the idea that World Nomads covered me for the activities I was doing being for "adventurers". But they do everything in their power not to pay and denied both claims.

Disgusting

Excellent when you want to insure reasonable prices but make a simple claim and of not a chance to get anything from them, tell the truth and you get nowhere wish I had claimed for things we didn't loose and made them suffer, no wonder people make so many dodgy claims because it takes your money and run business. Wouldn't recommend them to anyone again and setting up a webpage to collect together other complaining clients lets see if we can get them shut down.

Russell Craven