Explorer Plan, Standard Plan
See the Best Travel Insurance in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by World Nomads

Good company, a bit overpriced if you don't do adventure sports

Good company, a bit overpriced if you don't do adventure sports. If do you adventure sports while traveling, they are pretty much the best. Not sure sure why so many people complaint below, I have 2 friends I was traveling with who had to claim with World nomads and they got paid no problems. I used to use World nomads but never had to claim anything. Now I don't do adventure sports anymore so I prefer to buy my travel insurance with Safety wing, relatively new service but cheaper than World nomads. It depends what style of traveler you are.

Carly
CarlySouthwest, VIC

Got paid eventually

I had to provide A LOT of information and proof, it took many weeks but eventually I did receive some money for my claim. Not all of it but enough to have justified the time spent. Make sure you keep as many of your travel documents and receipts as possible. I think I did okay compared to some of the reviews I have read here. I was surprised to receive a good response. One woman even called me on the phone to chat one day about my claim which was a pleasant surprise! I think they are fair but like all insurance companies expect to work for it.

Sarah T.World Nomads

Submit, Wait, Submit, Wait, and so on....

Find out how World Nomads Travel Insurance compares to other Travel Insurance

Very important detail for backpackers:

Sarah T.World Nomads

Slightly adventurous trip for older couple

We travelled to Borneo to see Orang-utans in the jungle & also the caves at Mulu. Caught a train from Bangkok to Butterworth, then to KL & finally down to Singapore finishing up with family in Australia & then home.

Insurance claim madeNo

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending

Definitely satisfied and do reccomend

Will recommend

Sarah T.World Nomads

Claiming stolen item was quick and stress free. very happy

james
james

I'm not sure, there were people next to us and originally I thought one of them may have picked it up accidentally but I'm bit sure. Someone could have swiped it walking past I guess. It was to my right on the table

WallaceSydney

Great

Took out comprehensive travel insurance with Suresave for a five and a half week trip to the USA. A week before we were due to leave I tore the quadriceps in my left leg which required surgery to repair and had to cancel the trip. Took a while to get together all the required paperwork which I submitted on 15/11/2013 and the final settlement was provided on 3/12/2013. Everything I claimed was paid, just waiting now for taxes to be refunded on the airfares which will be provided by Qantas. All in all a very pleasant result.
Value for money

Wallace

I just want to mention that I did not take this insurance policy out through World Nomads but through the travel agent I booked the majority of my trip with.

Nessa
NessaBicton, Western Australia

Satisfied

My family have travelled with Nomads and have not only found them to be good value, but have had no problems with their claims. Many other insurance companies also require for you to be in the country of origin when taking out a policy, but Nomads has made it easy to apply from anywhere in the world. We have found them simple to use and understand.

Yauming
YaumingGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Claim was smooth

Aishlea
AishleaBalaklava (SA)

Awesome Deals

It's good to know that when you have no idea what you will need cover for and estimate a ball park figure of a cost that blows the roof off, that World Nomads meets your every need. Extra cover for personal belongings which believe it or not when you've been in the situation it can be of great assistance. Cost effective, multiple covers, a willing to work with you needs or requests and very easy to access.
Cost effective, covers a range of different things, easily accessible.
Some categories are marked as "included" but no price value is shown.

fantastic company

I was really impressed by worldnomad in terms of their quick response to my emails and also providing really good advice. Thanks to the worldnomad team for making sure issues that came about during my holiday were sorted out quickly and easily. I would use worldnomad again for my next travel adventure
Quick responses to my email. Providing refunds.

birdi unsworth
birdi unsworthMelbourne

Easy and honest

I'm 13 and I am going to Canada skiing in December unaccompanied, my mother was shocked at the price of most policies that covered skiing but relieved to find World Nomads. It seems like the most reasonable and most friendly provider, the web site was easy to navigate and cool. I hope I won't need it but it's good to have!
Ttrustworthy, inexpensive,

Sarah T.World Nomads

Hi Birdi, thanks for the feedback. We're really pleased you and your mum liked our policy. Have an amazing trip skiing in Canada - the snow reports are looking good! Stay safe on the slopes. Katrina

Great when i was already travelling

I've bought insurance from World Nomads a few times before. It was the only insurance I found that I could buy after I had already left on my trip. It covers me for what I want and lets me add extra items like laptop and camera. I've never had to make a claim so far (touch wood!)
you can get it even though you are already away, covers you for what you need
bit expensive