Explorer Plan, Standard Plan
See the Best Travel Insurance in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by World Nomads

• Claim Resolution Time
    • 1-2 weeks (1)
    • 2-4 weeks (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (1) · No (1)
Steveh
StevehSouth East Queensland, QLD

Already recommend to anyone travellIng, so glad I had it

The staff at the emergency response are amazing, after doing ligament damage to my knee in Bali they organised everything to fly home and sort out medical stuff from home, they helped immediately and answered all of my questions and checked to see how I was. No complications yet just waiting for medical reimbursement now.

DestinationSouth-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
ASJ
ASJNew South Wales

Excellent experience with World Nomads

Carly
CarlySouthwest, VIC

Got paid eventually

I had to provide A LOT of information and proof, it took many weeks but eventually I did receive some money for my claim. Not all of it but enough to have justified the time spent. Make sure you keep as many of your travel documents and receipts as possible. I think I did okay compared to some of the reviews I have read here. I was surprised to receive a good response. One woman even called me on the phone to chat one day about my claim which was a pleasant surprise! I think they are fair but like all insurance companies expect to work for it.

JohnBSydnery

Helpful and supportive all the way through the claim

I needed to fly home for surgery and Global Nomads system for helping out was efficient and supportive. They were prompt in their emails, and got on the phone when needed.
They didn't hesitate to pay for flights and got me home as quickly as possible.
Thoroughly recommended.

JohnB

Thanks Matt, all recovered and back on the field in Africa with Mercy Ships.

USD$15,000 all covered.

Sarah T.World Nomads

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending

Quick and easy claims process

I had to make a claim for my medical expenses because my toddler fell ill in Thailand. The online claims system was straight forward and the money hit my account within few days. Would highly recommend to families traveling with kids.

Scott Message
Scott MessageSydney

Emergency Assistance when you need it

After falling ill in Bali, my wife contacted the Emergency Assistance team in Sydney, who were very professional and friendly. They told us to go to BIMC in Nusa Dua. I was diagnosed with dengue and received the care and treatment i needed. The team also helped rearrange my flights home.

KKA
KKA

Great service for my trip in Nepal

I bought trekking insurance with World Nomads in Dec 2016 for my trek to Everest Base Camp. I came down with severe mountain sickness on my trip, and WN covered my helicopter rescue and all of my hospital expenses. They made it extremely easy for me and I am just so happy I went with them. If I hadn't gone with them, I would've been forced to pay around $12,000 for heli rescue as there was no possible way I could walk down. Thanks for your help World Nomads!

Tammy
TammyBrisbane

An Insurance Company I Trust

E_milio
E_milioitaly

Very good Insurance

I purchased World Nomads travel insurance for my next holiday in USA. About 20 days before departure, my wife had a medical problem (pregnancy complications) and Doctor said that she was unfit to travel. Then I was forced to cancel my trip. I immediately informed World Nomads sending them all the necessary documentation. They reimbursed me in a couple of weeks . Claim procedure was very easy and clear. In my opinion World Nomads is a very serious company.
Emilio

Insurance claim madeNo
Sarah T.World Nomads

Fantastic Insurance - Wouldn't be Without It - famous last words!

Sarah T.World Nomads

I have just been reimbursed for items that were stolen from me on a recent trip to Spain. I found the claims process straightforward and it was approved within a week. Very impressed

Sam C
Sam CQueensland

Severely broken wrist in USA, medical costs: $35,000USD+

I severely broke my wrist in the USA after an accident. Rushed to hospital. Had x-rays, and after excruciating pain had extensive emergency surgery. It was a very stressful ordeal. Especially the financial aspect. I was grilled about my insurance because travel insurance is a foreign concept in the USA. In total it cost more than $35,000USD worth in medical costs. All taken care of by world nomads. It was tough, but they helped guide me along the way and kept in prompt contact by email due to the time zone difference and calls being often impractical. Thank you very much for being there when I needed! I would definitely use world nomads again and would recommend to my friends and family.

Chris T
Chris TOamaru

Great cover and easy to deal with!

Sarah T.World Nomads

My medical expenses claim was easy and fast

I needed to submit a medical claim for all 5 members of my family, worth about AUD$3000. The expenses were from an illness that struck us all at different overlapping times over a 9 week period in the USA. I called WN to get a case number initially, plus phoned each time we needed to visit another Dr, then submitted all my documents, bills, receipts and medical notes on my return to Australia 2 months later through the online claim page. My claim was paid into my bank in about a week. I did not need to make any claims for the more 'grey' areas of travel insurance (theft, damage, luggage loss, etc.) but for my medical claim they sure were outstanding.