Worldcare Travel Insurance

Worldcare Travel Insurance Questions & Answers (page 2 of 3)

Basic Plan, Comprehensive Plan, Domestic Plan, Essentials Plan and Multi-Trip Plan
4.4 from 1,856 reviews

43 questions from our users

Bernadette Scavoasked

Worldcare Travel Insurance

Hi, I tried to get insurance for my parents on your website, but it only allows to go back to the year 1944 and no earlier.
Does this mean you don't insure for an 81 year old?

Allianz PartnersWorldcare Travel Insurance

Hi Berny - I've just checked the Worldcare Purchase path and I could go back to 1931 - however, there will be an age loading applied. Have another try on the website, or call 800 008 614 if you are still having problems. Regards, Anthony.

Bernadette Scavo

i went back and it still only goes up to 1944, I'll try to call later in the week...

Chrissie

Chrissieasked

Worldcare Travel Insurance

Why is there an extra charge of $200 because I am 1 year older??

Allianz PartnersWorldcare Travel Insurance

Hi, thanks for the question. Premiums do vary across particular circumstances and I can't provide comment on your particular case - however, the call centre will be able to help - 1800 008 614. Regards, Anthony.

Luka Kuol

Luka Kuolasked

Worldcare Travel Insurance

I am an Australian permanent resident and I got a job offer in USA for three years. I have been asked to cover my insurance while in USA the following: 1. medical benefits for accidents ($100,000/accident), 2. repatriation of remains of $25,000, 3. medical evacuation $50,000 and 4. deductable not to exceed $500 per accident or illness. What will be the best insurance company?

Robin F
Robin F

Hi Luka, Dam Dif Ino. Avant aclu. I cannot imagine why you might feel that I would be of any help. The comments I already made should have indicated that I am locked into a very small corner of the travel insurance market. Sorry but I can't help. Robin.

Oldtimer
Oldtimer

Look up at least 3 alternative Travel Insurance Companies and compare their quotes. Old Timer

Allianz PartnersWorldcare Travel Insurance

HI Luka - I'm not sure if any travel insurance policy would cover you for this scenario as they normally cover for leisure travel. I'd suggest contacting your employer to see what their other employees have. Regards, Anthony.

Helen Carol Connolly

Helen Carol Connollyasked

Worldcare Travel Insurance

Do you have annual multi trip policies?

Allianz PartnersWorldcare Travel Insurance

Hi Helen, thanks for the question - yes we do, see more http://www.worldcare.com.au/travel-insurance/compare-our-plans/frequent-traveller-international-insurance/. If you have further questions, please call our customer service line on 1800 008 614. Regards, Anthony.

KelsieR

KelsieRasked

Hi,
I am an Australian citizen moving to the United Kingdom for 1 year and will be travelling to Asia and Europe during this time. I am wondering if this company cover repatriation/medical evacuation back to Australia if you haven't bought a return ticket?
Kelsie

Allianz PartnersWorldcare Travel Insurance

Hi, our customer service line would have this information at their fingertips - please call 1800 008 614 and they will be able to help you out. Cheers, Anthony

Nikki

Nikkiasked

Worldcare Travel Insurance

Hi worldcare as i am a verified purchaser from above (Nikki) i would like to ask if i get any discount for my next comprehensive insurance as i need to make a purchase soon?thank you kindly Nikki

Allianz PartnersWorldcare Travel Insurance

Hi Nikki, thanks for your question - if you contact the call centre on 1800 008 614 they will be able to tell you as they would have this information on hand. Regards, Anthony

jan

janasked

Worldcare Travel Insurance

Hi! How much would it cost for 3 adults and 2 children for seven days at the end of June 2016 travelling to Bali with comprehensive travel insurance (including natural disaster)? Adult ages 49, 41, 21 and children 10 and 8.

Thank you!

Allianz PartnersWorldcare Travel Insurance

Hi, it's best to call our customer support number on 1800 008 614 to find out as they would have this information at hand. Regards, Anthony

Lauren

Laurenasked

Worldcare Travel Insurance

Hi WorldCare, do you provide cover in the case of a rescue whilst on snow in Japan? If so, to what extent? Thanks!

Allianz PartnersWorldcare Travel Insurance

Hi Lauren, thanks for the question. For specific questions like these, it's best to call the Worldcare number on 1800 008 614 as they would have the most up to date information regarding cover types. Regards, Anthony

Michael

Michaelasked

Worldcare Travel Insurance

I am looking at taking up Travel Insurance as I am treking to Mt Everest Base Camp (EBC) altitude 5400 metres. Does any of your policies cover emergency helicopter evacuation upto EBC as I think this is a mandatory requirement for this trek?

Allianz PartnersWorldcare Travel Insurance

Hi Michael, thanks for your question. I'll need to investigate this and will get back to you. Regards, Anthony

Allianz PartnersWorldcare Travel Insurance

Hi Michael, after following up, for specific questions like these, it's best to call the Worldcare number on 1800 008 614 as they would have the most up to date information regarding cover types. Regards, Anthony

Mama D

Mama Dasked

Worldcare Travel Insurance

Does an Australian resident have to hold his return ticket? Not sure of the return date but was planning on purchasing plan and possibly extending once in Canada. (It may be too cold, eh?)

Hi there,

If I understand your question correctly, the answer is no, you are not required to hold a return ticket back to Australia. We cover a 'journey' and that's defined as leaving your home and coming back to your home. I've pasted the relevant section from the PDS below and would suggest ringing our call centre on 1800 008 614 if you'd like to clarify further.

Kind regards, Tegan - Worldcare Travel Insurance

Who can purchase this policy?
Cover is only available if:
• you are a Resident of Australia; and
• you purchase your Policy before you commence your Journey; and
• your Journey commences and ends in Australia.
For temporary residents of Australia cover is available under Plan A (Comprehensive) only, however:
• you must purchase your Policy in Australia before you commence your Journey; and
• your Journey must commence and end in Australia.

sukhn

sukhnasked

Worldcare Travel Insurance

Hello, I have my family travelling to the middle east (Lebanon) where DFAT has a status of "Consider your need to travel" this has been in place for few years now. I wanted to know in plain English:

Q1. If anyone of my family falls ill or has an accident which is not relating to any security situation like a war and which is not a pre-existing medical illness not reported, will they be covered?
Q.2 If travel gets cancelled or delayed due to circumstances other than act or terrorism or war will we be covered to claim for trip interruptions and or lost claims?
Q.3 If they get injured as a result of a car bomb and they need to be hospitalised will they be covered or not?
Jack

Heather C
Heather C

Sorry Jack- I am unable to answer your question that really is something for the company. I am just a consumer. You can ring them and talk to them directly I have always found them to very helpful over the phone even though I usually do my application on line iIhave had to call from time to time

Hi Jack,
Heather's right - your best bet is to give our Travel Insurance Sales Team a call on 1800 008 614 to discuss your travel insurance options to Lebanon and confirm what will and won't be covered on your trip. They'll be able to answer any questions you have.
Kind regards,
Tegan - Worldcare Travel Insurance.

DD

DDasked

Worldcare Travel Insurance

Hi do you offer travel insurance for non residents. We' ve being in Australia for 7 months and will be going on a roundtrip to Bali in September. We hold a research visa number 402 and in Australia we have a private health insurance ( Bupa). Could you pls let me know if your company can provide us a travel insurance? This
DD

Allianz PartnersWorldcare Travel Insurance

Hi there, thanks for your question. I've provided the relevant sections of the Worldcare Product Disclosure Statement below. I hope this helps answer your question.

For the full PDS, see here: http://www.worldcare.com.au/Images/ProductDisclosureStatement.pdf

If you'd like any further clarification or have any other questions, feel free to give us a call on 1800 008 614 and we'll be happy to help.

Tegan - Worldcare

Who can purchase this policy?
Cover is only available if:
• you are a Resident of Australia; and
• you purchase your Policy before you commence your Journey; and
• your Journey commences and ends in Australia.

• your Journey must commence and end in Australia.

Cover for temporary residents of Australia temporarily travelling Overseas
Cover is automatically available (but excludes cover for any pre-existing medical conditions other than those listed under Step 3 "Medical conditions automatically covered (some restrictions apply within this step)" in the section headed "Pre-existing Medical Conditions") under Plan A (Comprehensive) to temporary residents of Australia temporarily travelling Overseas and who, at the date the Certificate of Insurance is issued:
• are aged 74 years and under; and
• hold a return ticket to Australia; and
• have a Home address in Australia to which they intend to return, and
• hold a current Australian visa which will remain valid beyond the period for their Journey.

Under Policy Section 1 “Overseas Emergency Medical Assistance”, if you Injure yourself or become Sick and it is necessary to repatriate you or your remains, we will at our option pay the lesser of the cost of returning you to your Home in Australia, or to the international airport nearest to where you normally live Overseas. At that point, you will be responsible for all further costs, and cover under all Sections of the policy will end.

Please note unless you meet the eligibility criteria, you will not have cover under this product.

luv2travel

luv2travelasked

Worldcare Travel Insurance

Hi, My husband & I are doing a motorcycle tour from Rome to St Petersburg. Does the comprehensive insurance cover us for any accidents or injuries sustained while riding on the bike? the tour is for 19 days.

Norma
Norma

Sorry no idea check with the insurance company

Hi there,

Thanks for your question. In general, yes Worldcare's comprehensive policy covers you for claims arising from riding a motorcycle. However, terms, conditions, limits and exclusions do apply, so read the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) carefully (available here http://www.worldcare.com.au/Images/ProductDisclosureStatement.pdf) before you make a decision. I've included some information from the PDS below.

Firstly, our definition of a motorcycle is: any two-wheeled or three-wheeled motor vehicle with an engine displacement greater than 50cc.

Be aware that we will not pay a claim that arises from you being in control of a motorcycle without a current Australian motorcycle licence or you are a passenger travelling on a motorcycle that is in the control of a person who does not hold a current motorcycle licence valid for the country you are travelling in.

I hope this helps answer your question. If you'd like any more information or explanation, please call 1800 008 614 and we'll be happy to help.

Kind regards,
Tegan - Worldcare Travel Insurance.

Alines

Alinesasked

Worldcare Travel Insurance

Hi - We are looking at your comprehensive travel insurance to travel to the US/Canada at the end of the year. It is not clear (unless its in the fine print) whether or not wintersports is covered by your Comprehensive insurance product?

Gerda
Gerda

Hi sorry I can't answer that as we were in the tropical areas but to do adventures sports, extra cover, possibly thru worldcare, would have been required.

goldcoastchicky
goldcoastchicky

You would have to ask the travel insurer about this. I don't know sorry. I am just a customer.

Hi Alines,

Yes. In general, wintersports such as skiing and snowboarding are covered under Worldcare's comprehensive travel insurance policy. However, terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply. For example, off-piste skiing, heli-skiing, ski acrobatics and aerial skiing are excluded. Full details are available in the Worldcare product disclosure statement (particularly pages 35 and 36) which is available here: https://www.worldcare.com.au/Images/ProductDisclosureStatement.pdf I hope this answers your question. If you'd like further clarification or have any other questions, call us on 1800 008 614 and we'll be happy to help.

Giulianna Godinho

Giulianna Godinhoasked

Worldcare Travel Insurance

Hello, I`m interested in hiring the travel insurance to my vacation in Indonesia... In case something happens, which procedure should I follow?
In case I get sick, should I first go to the doctor or contat WorldCare first? All doctors and hospitals are covered?

Hi Giulianna,

I've included some information based on Worldcare's product disclosure statement below, which explains what to do if you become ill or are injured while travelling. Basically, you should go to the doctor of your choice first and let us know about it as soon as possible. I hope this answers your questions. If you'd like further clarification or have any other questions, please call us on 1800 008 614 and we'll be happy to help.

Tegan - Worldcare.

Overseas hospitalisation or medical evacuation:
For emergency assistance anywhere in the world at any time, Worldcare is only a telephone call away. A list of our contact phone numbers from each country is available here http://www.worldcare.com.au/connect-with-us/contact-us/ The Worldcare team will help with medical problems, locating the nearest medical facilities, your evacuation home, locating the nearest embassies and consulates, as well as keeping you in touch with your family and work in an emergency. If you are hospitalised, you or a member of your travelling party MUST contact Worldcare as soon as possible. If you do not, then to the extent permissible by law, we will not pay for these expenses or for any evacuation or airfares that have not been approved or arranged by Worldcare. If you are not hospitalised but you are being treated as an outpatient and the total cost of such treatment will exceed $2,000 you MUST contact Worldcare. Please note that we will not pay for any hospital or medical
costs incurred in Australia.

You can choose your own doctor:
You are free to choose your own medical adviser or we can appoint an approved medical adviser to see you, unless you are treated under a Reciprocal Health Agreement. You must, however, advise Worldcare of your admittance to hospital or your early return to Australia based on written medical advice. If you do not get the medical treatment you expect, Worldcare can assist you.

Steve

Steveasked

Worldcare Travel Insurance

Hi, Does the insurance cover cost incurred due to cancelled flights? Thanks, Steve.

Fran
Fran

Not experienced before therefore not sure. You will have to ask Company for that question. Sorry

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your question. The answer, in short, is yes.

Worldcare Travel Insurance policies cover your cancellation fees and lost deposits for travel (including cancelled flights) and accommodation arrangements that you've paid in advance and can't recover in any other way if your journey is cancelled or shortened at any time through circumstances neither expected nor intended by you and outside your control.

For more detailed information on Worldcare's inclusions and exclusions, read the Product Disclosure Statement at http://www.worldcare.com.au/Images/ProductDisclosureStatement.pdf

sharon Patterson

sharon Pattersonasked

Worldcare Travel Insurance

Hi My name is Sharon I sent an email the other day to find out If Worldcare will cover my mother who is 75yrs old and my family my partner who is 35 me 45 and a newborn that will be roughly 8-9 weeks old . We are travel to Bangkok for 2 nights then to Germany ,Italy and a few other places back to Bangkok for 2 nights then home again. I need to make sure that this policy will cover everyone and make sure that if there is a medical emergency overseas it will be taken care off before we leave and its covered .

Hi Sharon,

Thanks for your enquiry and interest in Worldcare. Please call us on 1800 008 614 and a member of our friendly team will be happy to discuss your travel insurance needs and see if we can cover your family on your holiday. If you can't call us, please email your contact details to feedback@worldcare.com.au and we will call you instead.

Mrs Jennifer McDonald

Mrs Jennifer McDonaldasked

Can I insure my next trip to the USA
From 28 Feb to 30 March, please?

Hi Jennifer

We'd love to help! Give the Worldcare sales team a call on 1800 008 614 from Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm AEST or Saturday from 8am - 4pm AEST and we'll give you a quote for travel insurance for your USA trip.

Tegan, Worldcare

Unhappy66

Unhappy66asked

Worldcare Travel Insurance

I want to purchase travel I nsurance cover for our trip to Turkey though I don't know what is it classified under, 'Asia' 'Middle East' or Europe?

Sheryl
Sheryl

As I am a customer I suggest you contact Worldcare to ask your question.

Hi there,

If you're travelling to Turkey, select Europe as the destination region when purchasing your Worldcare Travel Insurance policy.

If you have any other questions, please call us on 1800 008 614 and we'd be happy to help.

Tegan, Worldcare

Turkey officially falls in Europe;so I do not see any 'choice' there! The Allianz Cover is very good and helpful. whereever or whatever Zone U may be travelling to etc. Only the cost differs, for each of those zones. Japan is geographically in Asia but the costs there are as high as in Europe and America; so the premium for Japan is higher. I find the Allianz Insurance Cover is good, if not Best as there seems to be 'Not Enough Competition' in the Travel Insurance Industry. Having said that, I Must Say that 'The Age Loading', that is FOUR Times the policy cost, on Travel Insurance Policies is totally Unfair and Discriminatory. This I have taken up with the Industry, and so far there has not been any RESPONSE! Isn't that Cheeky and indiscriminate Greed, and On Line Arrogance? and non compliant with the 'whole idea' of Insurance?

Michael  Benger

Michael Bengerasked

WCCS0107861‏ policy number
I had an accident second day i was in Vietnam and am receiving treatment from that accident now that i am back home i need to know if the treatment i am receiving now is covered under this insurance?

Fractured my right shoulder and got 2 infections from small cuts on my arm and leg that are receiving treatment
second day i was in Vietnam September 2 went and saw the doctor while i was there he gave me 2 aspirin and told me to go get drunk
when i got home i went straight to the doctors they have done xrays and now i am on antibiotics and have my arm in a sling for 3-6 months also have to see a fracture specialist as the fracture in my right shoulder is not healing properly as all this happened while i was on my trip and am only now getting proper treatment for it i feel it should all be covered by my travel insurance.
Thanks Michael Benger
WCCS0107861‏

Aniko
Aniko

Hi Michael. I have no idea, but I would ring the Insurance company and ask them. They were very helpful, explained everything I wanted to know. I got all the money back I spent on medical treatment while on my cruise.
Good luck: Aniko

Hi Michael

Thanks for your query. Did you get all the information you need from our Claims department? If not, get in touch with them on 1300 726 087 from Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm AEST or travelclaims@worldcare.com.au any time.

Kind regards