WorldRemit

WorldRemit (page 2 of 10)

Listing monitored by WorldRemit

• Rates and Fees
  • Timeliness

Sd Leo
Sd LeoMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

They keep lying about emailing me when they are done for more than four weeks. Poor customer service. They muted my call

Worldremit blocked my account five weeks ago because I sent money to my family for a building project. They requested my bank statements & my relationship with the recipients, I provided all that they asked. They stated that they "will send an email" when they are done. I called them today, they muted my call. I have been using their service for close to six years now. I am yet to receive an update for over four weeks now. I called them today and they muted my call. How unprofessional, Worldremit

Kim G.
Kim G.Perth, WA

Expensive fees.. Lousy customer service.

After being a customer of nearly 10years & paying their high fees due to convenience of collection, account was cancelled for no reason. Terrible customer service as well. Do not use.

Nez
NezMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Funds disappeared with no trace on the WorldRemit app. THIEF!

REFUND TAKING SO LONG

Have used Worldremit for a 8 years until this happened. Money deducted on my bank account and the recipient did not receive it. Talked to the virtual chat until I got a case number and they stated it was forwarded to the finance department. 21 days after, still no refund. I have been patient with calling their customer service and chatting with virtual agents. So disappointing! and now reading the last few comments that it has been happening. What is worldremit doing to our hard-earned money?? Just REFUND the money back in my bank account!

SGS
SGS

Refund for cancelled transaction

This is the worst money transfer service I have come across so far. They used to be good and very efficient but now they are just a shadow of their former self, they don't deserve even one star. I am still waiting for my refund for a cancelled transaction 3 weeks after the fact. They keep saying they have processed the refund and for me to check with my bank. My bank has no record of such a transaction in the system. Best to keep away from such trouble.

Mohammed
MohammedSydney, NSW

Unsuccessful money transfer

I had filled all the details as required and transferred money. My money went out of my account and it shows on world remit app that it’s processing. The next day they asked me to submit my ID details which I did. On the page of the app it show “transaction complete” but when you click in there then it shows processing only. I went online chat 4times they all tell me the same thing not virtual though but nothing happened, now midday Monday I have asked them to cancel and return my money. Most pathetic horrible experience I have come across to banking sector. I wouldn’t recommend anyone else. If it takes this long and I can’t help some who is desperately need money is very sad

Unsatisfied customer
Unsatisfied customerSouth East Queensland, QLD

World remit not contactable

I was transacting money to Kenya but it was not successful. I have money pending in my account for four days now. I was not able to complete this transaction but money was debited from my account. I've attempted to contact world remit in vain. There line keeps redirecting you to online FAQ. Their virtual assistant is no use to clients and their have no staff online to chat with. How do I solve my problem if I can't get hold of anyone in this service. It's very frustrating. My money is pending and the bank cannot do anything unless it's cleared by world remit. I need a solution please WR. I've been your customer for more than 6 years and this is
very disheartening.

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
The Gadget Guys - SA
The Gadget Guys - SASouthern and Hills, SA

I was a happy customer. Not anymore!

Satisfied Customer
Satisfied CustomerSydney, NSW

Unsatisfactory Customer Service

I have been using World Remit for about 2 years to satisfactorily transfer money to Cameroon and Zambia. Initially, when I needed to phone their Help number in Australia, I never needed to wait more than a few minutes. Recently in 2021, the waiting time has been endless and their call - back service never responds! If some failure in the transfer occurs, how do I contact them!

Samuka K.
Samuka K.Perth, WA

Lost my money and they do not seem to find a solution

I did a transaction to Guinea, I was told the money has been delivered to the recipient but she did not receive the money. She was told the service was down and to come back later. I contact WorldRemit about this so many times over the past 4 months and they cannot seem to resolve this. I will not trust them with my money.

habbybaa
habbybaaPerth, WA

Take your money but no transfer

I made a transfer and it’s one week already and nothing. They hold your money and keep telling you it’s under review. Don’t recommend. Never using them again. Lots of substitutes around.

Doreenrunner
DoreenrunnerMelbourne

Will take money no transfer

sam
samSydney, NSW

worse thing i did

i used this service and got scammed. all they did was send their terms and conditions and everytime i mentioned my case doesn't go along with the terms and conditions, guess what they did. THey sent me terms and conditions LMAO. Idiots

Lost 2 transactions dissapointed customer

4months now and my recipient has never recieved her money every time you call worldremit they tell you they are in touch with their partners to solve it im trying not to give up but their is no hope either of getting back my money im writting to them no answers from them they have nothing to tell me just keep avoiding me,you are really treating us bad this is our hardly earned money why not help us after getting every proof.

santoshthankachan
santoshthankachanPerth, WA

WorldRemit - Very Disappointed. Very Bad Customer service.

Sandra M.
Sandra M.Western Australia

Exchange rates

The World Remit team needs to use current rates as they are ripping us of e.g today the exchange rate of aud to usd is 0.78 but you are charging 0.74 and your tier system is not attractive enough. There is great room to improve and not profiteer at our expense. Everything else is excellent

dazraider
dazraiderSydney, NSW

hard to talk to a person but when can they are nice and helpful. Bosses need employee more people for customers

I sent money to world remit. It shows on my bank statement it paid to a NAB bank account. Online website not show a transaction. World remit office in Sydney seems closed as no one there. Phone number is disconnected. Multiple tries in trying to find customer service. Online live chat not working now too.

EDIT- Finally got to speak to a person who are always polite when can. They will refund money and did have issue with poli banking. Just if have issue try contact go on twitter as that is how i got someone to give me a case number which can use to call and talk to a helpful person

Daniel
DanielPerth, WA

Debited account without transferring money

I did a transfer from the world remit website via on the 14th of April. The transfer did not go through but they debited my account. I have contacted them several times since then with all the evidence and still nothing has been done on their part to refund the money.

Sophie
SophieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Money not received by recipient

Had multiple successful transactions and then sadly when I sent another one, according to world remit it went through successfully, however my friend never received it into his account. WR kept saying they were waiting to hear back from the bank and then closed my case without resolution after 2 weeks. Will not be using them again.

Carlos
Carlos

Use this company if you do not want to get the money delivered

I had a friend in Ghana who had a difficult situation and I wanted to help (yeah, a real person I know, not a prince). I sent the money (as I recall) and for some reason my account was disabled for fraud.
I am an Australian Citizen, with a fixed address, drivers license, passport and never had an issue with the law not I am wanted anywhere. Anyone can call me, come to my home or ask for documents, but it seems too difficult to this people.

How this people decide who is a criminal?
My friend had to wait for ages until it was almost too late.
Unfortunately the english language does not have an appropriate word to describe this pseudo-company.

TLDR This company is garbage.

Terrible company DO NOT USE THEM

I used them for transfers for years without trouble. Then they queried my account and I provided all information. They never responded and shut the account without any reason. Chased them for two weeks via chat and promised to get back to me, then never did. Use Airwallex, Transferwise or anyone else.

Leah
Leah

Use another service

Only works for cash pickups. I agree with all the other reviews here. Horrible customer service. Hard to contact. You email them and they claim they haven’t received it until you insist and they look more closely into your file. They closed my case when it was not yet resolved, claiming they had not received supporting documents but this had already been sent to them. Money may take 2 weeks or more to reach recipient. If looking for a stress free and cashless option, try somewhere else

Scam - Purposely Delay Payments

Eric
EricGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Not worth the risk

Initially all went well. I sent money twice to Bali, twice to Cambodia. Then I sent money to a Cambodian address which proved harder to verify. My uploads of receiver's IDs and my own bank data were either never received are went to a review panel at the North Pole. After numerous phone calls and emails sent up the chimney to nowhere, I asked for my money back. About three months had passed. My money was returned without apology, but when I returned to my account … it had been cancelled.

ChrisVictoria