WorldRemit

WorldRemit (page 3 of 10)

See the Best Money Transfer Services in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by WorldRemit

• Rates and Fees
  • Timeliness

dazraider
dazraiderSydney, NSW

hard to talk to a person but when can they are nice and helpful. Bosses need employee more people for customers

I sent money to world remit. It shows on my bank statement it paid to a NAB bank account. Online website not show a transaction. World remit office in Sydney seems closed as no one there. Phone number is disconnected. Multiple tries in trying to find customer service. Online live chat not working now too.

EDIT- Finally got to speak to a person who are always polite when can. They will refund money and did have issue with poli banking. Just if have issue try contact go on twitter as that is how i got someone to give me a case number which can use to call and talk to a helpful person

Daniel
DanielPerth, WA

Debited account without transferring money

I did a transfer from the world remit website via on the 14th of April. The transfer did not go through but they debited my account. I have contacted them several times since then with all the evidence and still nothing has been done on their part to refund the money.

Sophie
SophieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Money not received by recipient

Had multiple successful transactions and then sadly when I sent another one, according to world remit it went through successfully, however my friend never received it into his account. WR kept saying they were waiting to hear back from the bank and then closed my case without resolution after 2 weeks. Will not be using them again.

Carlos
Carlos

Use this company if you do not want to get the money delivered

I had a friend in Ghana who had a difficult situation and I wanted to help (yeah, a real person I know, not a prince). I sent the money (as I recall) and for some reason my account was disabled for fraud.
I am an Australian Citizen, with a fixed address, drivers license, passport and never had an issue with the law not I am wanted anywhere. Anyone can call me, come to my home or ask for documents, but it seems too difficult to this people.

How this people decide who is a criminal?
My friend had to wait for ages until it was almost too late.
Unfortunately the english language does not have an appropriate word to describe this pseudo-company.

TLDR This company is garbage.

Terrible company DO NOT USE THEM

I used them for transfers for years without trouble. Then they queried my account and I provided all information. They never responded and shut the account without any reason. Chased them for two weeks via chat and promised to get back to me, then never did. Use Airwallex, Transferwise or anyone else.

Leah
Leah

Use another service

Only works for cash pickups. I agree with all the other reviews here. Horrible customer service. Hard to contact. You email them and they claim they haven’t received it until you insist and they look more closely into your file. They closed my case when it was not yet resolved, claiming they had not received supporting documents but this had already been sent to them. Money may take 2 weeks or more to reach recipient. If looking for a stress free and cashless option, try somewhere else

Scam - Purposely Delay Payments

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Jan 2022
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Eric
EricGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Not worth the risk

Initially all went well. I sent money twice to Bali, twice to Cambodia. Then I sent money to a Cambodian address which proved harder to verify. My uploads of receiver's IDs and my own bank data were either never received are went to a review panel at the North Pole. After numerous phone calls and emails sent up the chimney to nowhere, I asked for my money back. About three months had passed. My money was returned without apology, but when I returned to my account … it had been cancelled.

ChrisVictoria

Transfer not completed World Remit

anitha
anithaSydney, NSW

6 days and counting, still processing my transfer, rejected my refund request!

Sent money to Indonesia 6 days ago, never arrived. It says still processing, keep on getting this message:

"Your transfer to Indonesia has been delayed. Delays are typically resolved in 4-6 hours. We?ll let you know when it?s been paid or update you in 4 hours."

I contacted them, said they don't know how long this is going to be. Asked for refund, they said can't give refund because of system issues.

Very disappointed!

Never Again
Never Again Sydney, NSW

Do not use this money transfer company

I used World Remit to gift family in Indonesia — I sent the money — but kept getting messages like this
“”””Your transfer to Indonesia has been delayed. Delays are typically resolved in 4-6 hours. Well let you know when its been paid or update you in 4 hours.“””

No practical way to contact World Remit

Money never arrived !

It’s not a transfer service — it’s a theft service

Juanita
Juanita Sydney, NSW

Thieves!

If you want to get scammed, use this platform. Otherwise, go for a different transfer platform. I’ve been using WR since 2017 (as a backup when my reliable transfer platform is unavailable or has a higher rate sometimes). WR Customer Service is very horrible, they’re never accountable for anything that goes wrong on their end. Worst of it all is I recently got scammed and I will go any length to get my money back. I am in the process of filing a complaint against them with several agencies.

**Please be warned**

cheikh k.
cheikh k.Canberra 2600, ACT

Bad customer service whenever something goes wrong.

I have been sending money via worldremit for almost 5 years. Every time something goes wrong, they blame other side or a business partner. This is a bad business model.

Jou
JouVictoria

Worst experience ever - never use Worldremit!

Transferring money with Worldremit has been the most stressful time of my life. After one month of our money being lost (we were told it was being held by their 'local partner') and no one responding for it, we finally got our refund, but ONLY because we were on the phone EVERY day, threatening them with taking legal action, and harassing them in social media. It was the most stressful month of my life, where I thought I'd lost all my savings... Customer service is very bad. We never got a proper answer to our questions. Could never talk to a supervisor or manager. Just stay away to save you time and stress.

Transaction Awaiting Authorisation

Geoff
Geoff

VERY poor, can't speak to anyone, no response to emails

Taken over 2 weeks and still no money, haven't replied to emails and its impossible to call them. VERY disappointing. I have used them in the past for small amounts (around 1,000 GBP and used for a large amount 20GBP and money has been with them for 2 weeks. No response to emails.

Has worked for cash pick up only

For the past 3 years i have ben sending money to South Amerca using the 'cash pick up' service afiliated to approved agencies by legit banks .. no dramas , got a quick confirmation and best forex rates than the ones offered by banks through a swift transfer. But I dont think the app is reliable when making a direct transfer to a bank account overseas hence the many bad reviews for that service..pity this is the time when it is needed the most !

Mimmy
MimmyIllawarra, NSW

Poor customer service

Had a problem with my transaction where money was deducted from my account and I did not receive a transaction number, when I rang the Australian customer service line, the first phone call I was given wrong information, second phone call the lady I spoke to was rude, over talking me not giving me time to explain myself. Poor service Am still waiting for my case to be resolved VERY DISAPPOINTED

matt
mattSydney, NSW

Go elsewhere

Hi. Not sure if scam but certainly dont recommend. I did 3 xfers through them and 1 was ok and took 2 days, ($1000 AUD) arrived finally, one other took 3 days and about 3 phones calls and three emails all asking same compliance questions repeatedly. Last one is still missing after 3 days and again multiple emails and calls to chase up and to date 4/2/21 still no word and support cannot help. To reverse the transaction they say will take 7 days. Absolute rubbish and closing my account soonest.
Go elsewhere if you can.
Matt

Scam scam scam

Hey guyz, I been reading lots of reviews about their scam on 29 January 2021 I made a transfer of 1000 nzd and the money deducted from my account and they never created a transfer as I was waiting for notification however I have told them to make a transfer or refund my money but they are fraud still keeping my money.
I based in nz so anyone in aussie does make a complaint for these guyz through gov. Agencies does it helped? Let me konw however I gonna complaint in nz if they wont refund me even I been recording their calls so that could help further.

Yadu
YaduPerth, WA

This is a scam, never use this trap

I made a transaction 5 days before, and still its not received. They keep telling me its under review.So I cancelled my tranbsaction and they informed my it will take 7 working days. This is a terrible service, never use this crap.

Useless app and very poor customer service

The worst customer care ever , no contact number and usually takes month to reply . use other app in market this is the most useless service ever. DNT SEND MONEY THTU THIS APP !!!!!

Poor service

I done transaction and keep sending emails and calling for refund . But they are keeping my money . Untrustworthy for money . Still waiting for refund . Very disappointed with service not happy with service

Gurpreet S.
Gurpreet S.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Very bad service

Never ever use world remit. Terrible Terrible service. I have stressing because i sent money through them. I have really bad experience with them. They have really really bad service