Listing monitored by WorldRemit

• Timeliness
Unsatisfied customer
Unsatisfied customerSouth East Queensland, QLD

World remit not contactable

I was transacting money to Kenya but it was not successful. I have money pending in my account for four days now. I was not able to complete this transaction but money was debited from my account. I've attempted to contact world remit in vain. There line keeps redirecting you to online FAQ. Their virtual assistant is no use to clients and their have no staff online to chat with. How do I solve my problem if I can't get hold of anyone in this service. It's very frustrating. My money is pending and the bank cannot do anything unless it's cleared by world remit. I need a solution please WR. I've been your customer for more than 6 years and this is
very disheartening.

santoshthankachan
santoshthankachanPerth, WA

WorldRemit - Very Disappointed. Very Bad Customer service.

Sandra M.
Sandra M.Western Australia

Exchange rates

The World Remit team needs to use current rates as they are ripping us of e.g today the exchange rate of aud to usd is 0.78 but you are charging 0.74 and your tier system is not attractive enough. There is great room to improve and not profiteer at our expense. Everything else is excellent

Eric
EricGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Not worth the risk

Initially all went well. I sent money twice to Bali, twice to Cambodia. Then I sent money to a Cambodian address which proved harder to verify. My uploads of receiver's IDs and my own bank data were either never received are went to a review panel at the North Pole. After numerous phone calls and emails sent up the chimney to nowhere, I asked for my money back. About three months had passed. My money was returned without apology, but when I returned to my account … it had been cancelled.

Annet
AnnetGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Exchange Rate is too low

I had been a loyal customer for over two years; I always use it duo to it being reliable at the time of need. But after a simple google search, I found out that their rate exchange is so so low, even the "Premium rate" compare to other providers. Money gram is good when sending to mobile money and transferwise is the best when sending directly to the bank account: Please shop around before deciding any dollar will save people in need. Thank You.

Verena M.
Verena M.Perth, WA

Horrible customer service

I sent a transfer first time. Mid transfer, the rate changed and I was shortchanged. I tried to dispute it with them. Called 3 times and they cannot explain and raise it further.
The email responses I get are robotic and don't address the issue. They gave me 4 excuses. How unprofessional and im sure illegal to quote you on a rate and it changes mid transfer.
Its a rip off. What kind of foreign exhange company does that.
Only positive is timeframe for transfer was good

SujanGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Not happy with the service

I have made a transfer to overseas and its been more than 48 hrs and still it says waiting for authorization. I have tried to call to the worldremit office but at the end there is no response at all and same with the chat with agent service. I found it really bad and frustrating please follow up with my transaction.

WorldRemit Q.WorldRemit

If this is still ongoing, please update your review with your customer number so that we can identify your account. Thanks.

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending

Customer service

Horrible customer service. I have been using WorldRemit from last 2 years. But in my last transaction the only mistake i did I wrote IBAN in the start of iban number because i did copy and paste but after that my money is stuck b/w WorldRemit and local bank of pakistan anyway whenever i call them and send them email they say me same thing we are investigating and haven’t received response from local bank. Today 3 weeks done and still i don't know where is my money they haven't sent me my money back and they say me I have to wait even they don't know how long I have to wait.

JonezVictoria

Delays.. Documents supplied still no response.

I initiated a transfer of funds last week. The funds were urgent. I have used WorldRemit before but smaller amounts. I send a slightly bigger amount and the delay and questions kept on coming. I submitted the confidential documents and information requested. There is zero response. The chat experts say I will get a response BUT nothing is happening. I worry that this transfer could just go down the drain. If my funds were to be refunded today they maybe worthless due to the current rate fluctuations! I budgeted on last weeks Au$ to USD rate..!

Jonez

Thank you World Remit representatives. The funds were transferred at the rate I initiated.

WorldRemit Q.WorldRemit

Glad to hear that your issue has been resolved!

Kind regards,

anellekrogSouth East Queensland, QLD

UPDATED - Worst and Most Frustrating Experience!

Transfer Number 47786132

Janek
JanekLelystad

Closed account and delayed email response

I sent money last tuesday for my grandpa's burial and website said that transaction went through and confirmed with the notification from my bank that money was taken out BUT, when my sister tried to claim the money, its says cant be found. I sent an email on the same day that I wrote down a wrong email address BUT, did not get any response within their timeline so I sent a follow-up email. I was then told that my account was closed due to fail verification process (has something to do with my wrong emaili guess) and was not informed on the same email whem am I going to get my money back. Still waiting AGAIN for their response.

Chimnaza ibenemeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Account disabled

Tried sending money via world remit before getting verified and had my account disabled. Have had some difficulty getting back on. Also want to know if you can send money through ING

Hi Chimnaza,
Can you please provide a case number you've received through email so we can locate your account and see how we can best assist.
Kind Regards,

Case number is 07259824

Pete
PeteGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Dodgy transaction

I have been using WR and largely no issues until my transaction in mid Feb. Money debited from account and no credit on destination. WR is saying transaction is not showing on their system. I have sent evidence with statement of account but they are not interested in looking further. I have never seen such a behaviour from a global brand. No empathy. No CAN Do attitude.

WorldRemit Q.WorldRemit

Call centre wait times pathetic!!

Trying to get through to the call centre is just plain ridiculous. Wait has been 30mins all the time that I have had to ring in. Review this as it’s a pain and just not worth the wait.

Not sure really!?!???

Sana

Transfer history o Marriam Emily Madibeng: 6/9/18- $1,000nzd she received $10,047.ZAR. 11/9/18- $2,495nzd she received $24,414 ZAR, 14/9/18 - $4,230nzd she received $40,668 ZAR. So you investigate and find this con artist woman and her schemers...