WorldRemit
See the Best Money Transfer Services in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by WorldRemit

• Rates and Fees
  • Timeliness

I just don't like their rates for transfers to bank accounts1

Satisfied Customer
Satisfied CustomerSydney, NSW

Unsatisfactory Customer Service

I have been using World Remit for about 2 years to satisfactorily transfer money to Cameroon and Zambia. Initially, when I needed to phone their Help number in Australia, I never needed to wait more than a few minutes. Recently in 2021, the waiting time has been endless and their call - back service never responds! If some failure in the transfer occurs, how do I contact them!

dazraider
dazraiderSydney, NSW

hard to talk to a person but when can they are nice and helpful. Bosses need employee more people for customers

I sent money to world remit. It shows on my bank statement it paid to a NAB bank account. Online website not show a transaction. World remit office in Sydney seems closed as no one there. Phone number is disconnected. Multiple tries in trying to find customer service. Online live chat not working now too.

EDIT- Finally got to speak to a person who are always polite when can. They will refund money and did have issue with poli banking. Just if have issue try contact go on twitter as that is how i got someone to give me a case number which can use to call and talk to a helpful person

Rates and Fees

Has worked for cash pick up only

For the past 3 years i have ben sending money to South Amerca using the 'cash pick up' service afiliated to approved agencies by legit banks .. no dramas , got a quick confirmation and best forex rates than the ones offered by banks through a swift transfer. But I dont think the app is reliable when making a direct transfer to a bank account overseas hence the many bad reviews for that service..pity this is the time when it is needed the most !

Alan B
Alan BGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Reliable and trustworthy

We have been using World Remit to send money to the Philippines and Bolivia since January 2019 and have been very happy with their service. Others may have slightly better transfer rates but at least with World Remit I am confident the money will arrive safely.

Jenzeli
JenzeliGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Delay in Response after submission of documents

You requested documents that I submitted through email because the upload button was not working Now it's 3 days. My relative has not received the money. He has lost his bid to buy very essential items for the family

Unreliable at times

Been using this service to send money for a while, had an issue with waiting for authorisation. Got my issue resolved, however it took them a while to do so.

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Jan 2022
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
VanetunGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Money Refunded

Update: The money from my cancelled transactions has been refunded. It seems like they were having problems with Poly but the money has reached my account today.

Customer service operator over the phone was helpful following up.

__________________________________________________
Yes, it is still ongoing. Customer No:WR6657998.

No one at worldremit would give me an answer as to when my money will be refunded. Worldremit cancelled the transaction and after 9 working days no one is still able to tell me when I'll get my money back.

Customer service says they need to contact their finance department and that they will contact me but they havent. Its really sad how this company plays around with their customers.

WorldRemit Q.WorldRemit

If this is still ongoing, please update your review with your customer number so that we can identify your account. Thanks.

Vanetun

Yes, it is still ongoing. Customer No:WR6657998.

Will I still be credited

Money was sent to me by a friend to my account but the name she input isn’t the same name on my account but the names and every other thing are correct it shows processing over 48hours now will I still be credited?

Michael
Michael

She sent a message and no reply from you guys

Odd inconsistencies

We send money to some of my wife's relatives in Colombia. It is normally available on the same day. Now two of the payments have taken over a week to process and two were available the same day: all were to the same bank, from the same bank, and each for the same amount. There seems no logical explanation for this. On previous occasions, to the same accounts and for the same amounts, there had been no delays.

R Maddock
R Maddock

That does not explain it. Each transfer was to the same bank and same type of account on the same day.

KOHINOORSouth East Queensland, QLD

Amount not been transferred instantly

BeeGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

$4000 went missing for 1 week

WorldRemit Q.WorldRemit

Hello Bee. Thanks for taking the time to leave feedback. We're sorry to hear that you've not enjoyed your experience. Please provide your transaction number or customer number so we can look into this for you. Best wishes, WorldRemit.

Find out how WorldRemit compares to other Money Transfer Services

You need to understand how they operate!!

WorldRemit Q.WorldRemit

My urgent transfer is delayed

Hi Ayodele,
We are happy to hear your issue has been resolved and your review updated. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require further assistance, and thank you for choosing WorldRemit!
Kind Regards,

Emeka
EmekaLagos

I am not really impressed