WorldRemit

WorldRemit (page 3 of 10)

See the Best Money Transfer Services in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by WorldRemit

• Rates and Fees
  • Timeliness

Leah
Leah

Use another service

Only works for cash pickups. I agree with all the other reviews here. Horrible customer service. Hard to contact. You email them and they claim they haven’t received it until you insist and they look more closely into your file. They closed my case when it was not yet resolved, claiming they had not received supporting documents but this had already been sent to them. Money may take 2 weeks or more to reach recipient. If looking for a stress free and cashless option, try somewhere else

Scam - Purposely Delay Payments

ChrisVictoria

Transfer not completed World Remit

anitha
anithaSydney, NSW

6 days and counting, still processing my transfer, rejected my refund request!

Sent money to Indonesia 6 days ago, never arrived. It says still processing, keep on getting this message:

"Your transfer to Indonesia has been delayed. Delays are typically resolved in 4-6 hours. We?ll let you know when it?s been paid or update you in 4 hours."

I contacted them, said they don't know how long this is going to be. Asked for refund, they said can't give refund because of system issues.

Very disappointed!

Never Again
Never Again Sydney, NSW

Do not use this money transfer company

I used World Remit to gift family in Indonesia — I sent the money — but kept getting messages like this
“”””Your transfer to Indonesia has been delayed. Delays are typically resolved in 4-6 hours. Well let you know when its been paid or update you in 4 hours.“””

No practical way to contact World Remit

Money never arrived !

It’s not a transfer service — it’s a theft service

Juanita
Juanita Sydney, NSW

Thieves!

If you want to get scammed, use this platform. Otherwise, go for a different transfer platform. I’ve been using WR since 2017 (as a backup when my reliable transfer platform is unavailable or has a higher rate sometimes). WR Customer Service is very horrible, they’re never accountable for anything that goes wrong on their end. Worst of it all is I recently got scammed and I will go any length to get my money back. I am in the process of filing a complaint against them with several agencies.

**Please be warned**

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Jan 2022
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
cheikh k.
cheikh k.Canberra 2600, ACT

Bad customer service whenever something goes wrong.

I have been sending money via worldremit for almost 5 years. Every time something goes wrong, they blame other side or a business partner. This is a bad business model.

Jou
JouVictoria

Worst experience ever - never use Worldremit!

Transferring money with Worldremit has been the most stressful time of my life. After one month of our money being lost (we were told it was being held by their 'local partner') and no one responding for it, we finally got our refund, but ONLY because we were on the phone EVERY day, threatening them with taking legal action, and harassing them in social media. It was the most stressful month of my life, where I thought I'd lost all my savings... Customer service is very bad. We never got a proper answer to our questions. Could never talk to a supervisor or manager. Just stay away to save you time and stress.

Transaction Awaiting Authorisation

Geoff
Geoff

VERY poor, can't speak to anyone, no response to emails

Taken over 2 weeks and still no money, haven't replied to emails and its impossible to call them. VERY disappointing. I have used them in the past for small amounts (around 1,000 GBP and used for a large amount 20GBP and money has been with them for 2 weeks. No response to emails.

Mimmy
MimmyIllawarra, NSW

Poor customer service

Had a problem with my transaction where money was deducted from my account and I did not receive a transaction number, when I rang the Australian customer service line, the first phone call I was given wrong information, second phone call the lady I spoke to was rude, over talking me not giving me time to explain myself. Poor service Am still waiting for my case to be resolved VERY DISAPPOINTED

matt
mattSydney, NSW

Go elsewhere

Hi. Not sure if scam but certainly dont recommend. I did 3 xfers through them and 1 was ok and took 2 days, ($1000 AUD) arrived finally, one other took 3 days and about 3 phones calls and three emails all asking same compliance questions repeatedly. Last one is still missing after 3 days and again multiple emails and calls to chase up and to date 4/2/21 still no word and support cannot help. To reverse the transaction they say will take 7 days. Absolute rubbish and closing my account soonest.
Go elsewhere if you can.
Matt

Scam scam scam

Hey guyz, I been reading lots of reviews about their scam on 29 January 2021 I made a transfer of 1000 nzd and the money deducted from my account and they never created a transfer as I was waiting for notification however I have told them to make a transfer or refund my money but they are fraud still keeping my money.
I based in nz so anyone in aussie does make a complaint for these guyz through gov. Agencies does it helped? Let me konw however I gonna complaint in nz if they wont refund me even I been recording their calls so that could help further.

Yadu
YaduPerth, WA

This is a scam, never use this trap

I made a transaction 5 days before, and still its not received. They keep telling me its under review.So I cancelled my tranbsaction and they informed my it will take 7 working days. This is a terrible service, never use this crap.

Useless app and very poor customer service

The worst customer care ever , no contact number and usually takes month to reply . use other app in market this is the most useless service ever. DNT SEND MONEY THTU THIS APP !!!!!

Poor service

I done transaction and keep sending emails and calling for refund . But they are keeping my money . Untrustworthy for money . Still waiting for refund . Very disappointed with service not happy with service

Gurpreet S.
Gurpreet S.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Very bad service

Never ever use world remit. Terrible Terrible service. I have stressing because i sent money through them. I have really bad experience with them. They have really really bad service

Babatunde Friday O.
Babatunde Friday O.Western Australia

Reap off company

Worldremit will double charge you for one transaction and giving excuses or offering you promo voucher to make you come back using them again, such a reap off and putting people in hardship.

Stolen

Hi,
I tried to transfer money through world remit in June last year 2020 they didn’t send it to the receiver then I asked them to return my money back they are making excuses every time I ring they comes with something new and when I ask that I need to talk to manager then there is no senior person who can talk such a crap it’s not $200 or $500,
It’s $5000 and now it’s jan 2021 still haven’t got my money back I asked them to send my money back cause the account has been closed and they asked me for an alternative account but as I said it’s been 6 months now, be careful do not use world remit.
This is the proof that I am sending you guys
Mubashir

Raine G.
Raine G.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Don't Use World Remit

Remitly is way better,cordial and obliging, smooth and informative, efficient. World Remit treat u like u are a money laundering criminal, holding up,canceling transfers without notice,always making problems.Don't use is my advice.

Rossi
RossiSydney, NSW

Worse experience ever with Worldremit service and poor cuatomer service skills of people representing the company.

I used this service for several years. Used to be good and fast. However in the last year all transactiins had a nighmare to tell amd headaches and chasing ups fir more than 48hrs a transactiin should have been paid in minutes. The worse experuence with incopetent and unproffesional customer service and dealing with the matter and trying to find out what happened to the money and why has not been processed after 24 or 48 hrs.NO mentioning the unproffesional way the rep deals with the case and calls to follow up. Really dissapointed with this service.

Haseeb R.
Haseeb R.Sydney, NSW

They are Online Scammers

I wish I could give them minus stars. They failed to transfer within stipulated timeframe, wrong claims, misleading info provided time and again by their phone/chat agents. I eventually asked to cancel the transfer and they once again failed to do it within promised time and still waiting for cancellation/refund despite of repeated follow ups.

They are running an online scam company. Save yourself and take your business elsewhere if you don't want headache and stress.

Ali L.
Ali L.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Extremely Disappointed. Funds deducted from my account but never received by recipient

I sent some fund from New Zealand to Dubai (bank transfer).. They mentioned 2 days, its been 2 weeks.. Recipient has not received money in his account and WorldRemit says they've paid.. So my funds perhaps disappeared in the thin air? No tracking? No responsibility? No ownership?

P.S. I have provided the support team with recipient's updated bank statement to show that there's been no funds transferred in that account. No results so far. Extremely disappointed.

Veeeeeeery disappointed

Veeeery disappointed! And angry infact !
Sent mobile money via these guyz yesterday,, upto today NOTHING has happened neither is anything happening. Where is my little money?
The recipients{ KIDS} slept hungry .
Tried reaching them and there’s no help other than asking me what else they could do for me !
Been their customer several years and was happy but today , got me really upset .Could have rated them as ZERO . Embarrassing me to the recipient.