Worx WX427

Worx WX427

See the Best Circular Saws in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Faulty after 1 use

Purchased last year during masters closing down sale. Used for the first time last week to cut 4 pickets for my front fence. The screw that holds the circular saw in place snapped. So I called politec/worx Australian office and endure the worst customer service I have ever ever come across. The consultants believe I should go out and buy any regular screw as replacement. A very dangerous move in my opinion especially when this is what is holding the saw whilst it cuts and spins at a very fast pace. After explaining this to bothe [name removed] and [name removed]. They are still refusing to send me a new screw. This is so unbelievable on a few levels. Firstly its my first use of the saw. Secondly it is a safety issue as the wrong screw could fall of a cause the saw to fly out at a very fast and dangerous speed and thirdly could the screw cost any more than $2 to worx Australian head office. Is the petty cost of sending a screw more important than my safety and could it be more important than protecting your brand and having a positive effect on an innocent buyer. I will avoid buying all brands associated with politec and worx.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Versatile little tool

This is a versatile little tool that has plenty of power. It easily cuts 25mm wood. Its relatively high speed and fine TC tooth pitch gives a clean cut. I have a 7 1/4 " caw that I find cumbersome for the small jobs. What this little saw does better than anything else I have is plunge citting thin materials like masonite. It cut a range of vent slots in half the time of a kig saw.
One word of caution. The blade size is unique so getting spares might be a problem in the future. I bought a spare TC blade. If it lasts as long as two blades Im well in front.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017