Listing monitored by Wotif

• Trip Completed Yes (4) · No (4)
  • Ease of Booking
ColR
ColRSydney, NSW

Cannot receive a PDF of Itinerary

In this day and age it's pretty ordinary that you cannot receive a PDF of your itinerary. I do not understand why this is the case. It cannot be that hard to generate one

Trip Completed No
Booking TypeAccommodation
Adibabi
AdibabiWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

SYSTEM MODEL IS FAULTY

bonnie cook
bonnie cookGippsland, VIC

They must be joking!

The motel room smelt very strongly of something artificial, there was no blanket, just a top sheet and bed spread that everyone must have near their faces, no microwave, the parking was a joke, room 8, parked outside room 20. No one can get out it’s so cramped..
Extremely disappointing, to cancel I would loose a whole night! Wotif review and description was no where near reality, advertised restaurant.. no restaurant.. poor poor poor

Overpriced and ill-equipped

Cancelled my entire flight back home, overcharged me for shuttle service, and unable to offer a refund for 8-12 weeks. Will not be using them again. My shuttle would have only cost $10 each way, but Wotif charged me nearly $32. Instead of refunding me for part of a flight which was cancelled, Wotif cancelled all flights, and issued a refund which will take between 8-12 weeks to return to me (this put me in a real financial bind). I will not be using them again to book for anything.

Saeid P.
Saeid P.

Hotel booking

Comparatively expensive and does not include any basic things such as breakfast and dinner, no cancellation and the policies are kinda hard for the guest. Or is all the things was alright

Ros L.
Ros L.Perth, WA

Still no refund after 7 weeks

Initial comment: 'Still waiting on my refund after 5 weeks. Was told it can take up to 30 business days, although their website just says up to 30 days. When I called a week ago I was told money had already gone into a holding account a month ago and was given a transaction number to contact my bank. However the bank said unless the funds are actually there there will be no transaction record or number. Have called again and was given the same advice to which I responded with the banks advice.'
As at today's date_now 7 weeks of waiting & still no refund..

Jeremy P.
Jeremy P.Queensland

S##TSHOW

Len and Norma
Len and NormaPerth, WA

RESULT, BUT LACK OF COMMUNICATION

My wife and I booked an overnight hotel stay in Perth (WA) through Wotif. The hotel decided to close because of the virus worries and I was notified by Wotif. When I later asked about getting a refund Wotif put me on to the hotel. The hotel said they would look in to it. I then got a message from Wotif stating that the hotel had not taken any cash, so no refund was due. However, Wotif had taken the cash! It left our account on February 17. Four emails produced no response, not even an acknowledgement from Wotif. However, they did put the money back on April 19, but without notifying us. Good result in the end, but very poor communication.

Tracey M.
Tracey M.Richmond-Tweed, NSW

Cancellation of accomodation

I processed a cancellation of accomodation online and was advised that i had a refund of $109 being returned to my mastercard. I have not received this and have contacted wotif 3 times only to be told that the money has been processed to my mastercard and that i need to follow it up with my bank. my bank is unable to follow it up and has said i need to follow up with woitf.
my wotif itinerary no is 7416993637058

The app has issues

Keeyn
KeeynTweed heads

Booking.com is better

Had to reduce our trip by one night and was offered only 50% reduction in accommodation. Did this with booking.com and was given 100% refund on 2 occasions.

lindy g
lindy gCharters Towers

Easy booking service, handy lists of accommodation, but beware of giving your credit card details

chris
chris

Technical issues

Tried to book hotel in Tasmania on line. Put in all details including credits card. Waited for confirmation, ended up ringing Wotif. Very hard to understand girl on the line. She said there were technical problems and my booking had not gone through. I have now booked the hotel again by contacting directly. I hope I am not charged by Wotif.

Social M.WotifSend a private message

Hi Chris, we are sorry to learn that you were not able to make the booking due to an error. We take this as a feedback and will share it with our relevant department. Thanks.

Dallas
DallasPerth, WA

Book and cancel within hour and still charged

I did a search under date I wanted for the same day. After preferred hotel came up I made mistake by thinking the availability is for the night I chose. But no it was for 5 months later. Honest mistake or website defaulting by itself I don't know.
I called immediately and booking was cancelled within the hour but I was still charged a $50 fee as they did not have same availability for me for today.
Think it is a bit lousy!
Will think twice using Wotif again.

JPDDPerth

Wotif has hidden charges and we can't get invoices

A staff member booked two hotels for a recent business trip through Wotif. We were charged more than the quoted rates for both ($20 and $30 extra each). Additionally with end of financial year we are unable to get the invoices we require for our tax record. The individual hotels did provide them, but only for their component of the booking.

Alanasked

I have reserved accommodation for 16-22 December. The Wotif system required a deposit, the amount of which was not declared prior to taking payment. I took a chance (foolishly in hindsight) and found the deposit was not the usual first nights accommodation but almost of third of the total charges). I now have conflicting emails: one from Wotif indicating balance due on check-in or check-out; the second email from VRBO host requiring balance by 18 November. This is obscene on at least three counts: a deposit that is more a part payment than a deposit; want of prior advice of the deposit amount; thirdly, the conflict. Obviously I have no intention of paying any more until at least check-in. Wotif chat only provided me with telephone contact numbers, the first of which was disconnected and then a number which corresponded to the 1800 help number which only dead-ends my calls. Anyone else have this problem? I am unable to find any contact number that gets me to a human, or any email address which responds.

Michelle
Michelle
Susan M.
Susan M.

Hello, did you get a response? Did you get an actual personal email address from them?

Steve B
Steve Basked

We are in a similar position with airfares to the UK. Has anyone looked at filing a class action with a law firm?

John J.
John J.asked

Can someone please tell me what has happened to this Company and what to do. I was promised refund of hotel accommodation costs which I fully prepaid, and I cancelled mid July 2021 which was 1 month before arrival dates, within hotel cancellation policy. Even received refund receipt number from Wotif. BUT NEVER RECEIVED REFUND. Any suggestions?

Get an answer from our members and Wotif representatives