Listing monitored by Wotif

• Trip Completed Yes (3) · No (5)
  • Ease of Booking
Franklin Dattein
Franklin DatteinSouth East Queensland, QLD

They were quick to refund.

lauriepet123
lauriepet123Mid North Coast, NSW

WOTIF Refunded my payment the next day

I wrote a piece on WOTIF 2 days ago. I made an incorrect booking and it looked like I would not get a refund. To WOTIF's credit I received the payment refund back to my credit card the next day. So for that I'd like to congratulate them. I would also like to give a pat on the back to Tracey at Banana Coast caravan park for getting onto WOTIF straight away, and asking them to refund my money. However I still think it is poor that you have to wait on the phone for 3 hours b4 you can speak to anyone at WOTIF. BTW, I found out that WOTIF is owned by EXPEDIA, with whom I have made plenty of bookings and have had good experiences.

Cindy
Cindy Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

You can bank on the Quest Canberra

We found the central location and access to restaurants fantastic and would recommend the property as inviting, clean and modern in terms of value for money. The balcony although a bonus was right next to the bus stop that attracted noisy late night rough sleepers that was disruptive to our peaceful nights as the windows were not double glazed.

Glenda
GlendaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Want to be fair, they helped us

Like many others, I must admit I found Wotif's website and phone limitations very frustrating initially. Took me a while to get through and, having read the reviews on this site, I really didn't think I would get the refund I wanted. That said, once I pierced the phone message veil, they were great. Their service team kept us aprised of all developments and phoned us to explain why they were taking a while to resolve our matter. With a bit of prompting I got a full refund in about a week which I was very pleased about. Thank you Wotif.

Ease of Booking

Peter J
Peter JSoutheast, SA

Pretty good under the circumstances!

Like many others, had to cancel domestic flight due to virus. Came time to rebook so rang them and was told I had to pay more money. I refused. After more research, I found that the representative was correct and the extra cost was due to reduced flights (Virgin). We have since rebooked and I am very happy with the courteous service.

Hayley5077
Hayley5077

Needs more service agents but generally good experience in bad situation

This company is overwhelmed which is impacting their usually great customer service. It was very difficult to reach them and resolve my issue. They have offered a solution and in 30 days hopefully this will be resolved.

I was very upset about not being able to reach them and found it frustrating but understand they are in difficult position, however my issue could have been resolved very quickly instead it was a lot harder. Hopefully once this is over they can go back to doing a great job and I will have a chance to rebook through them.

The customer service agent I spoke to when resolving this was great and very helpful beyond what I expected so that’s a plus too.

NimaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fair Customer Service

Nima

Hi, I did. and this the Ref# M-26509555.
I hope my enquiry goes somewhere.

Social M.WotifSend a private message

Thanks for sharing Nima, we will get this checked and share an update with you soon.

Very happy with the experience

Booking was easy. Encountered some issues but Wotif was amazing and sorted everything out! In a really professional manner. Really good customer service team. Highly recommend them. Thank you very much!

Ease of Booking
Social M.WotifSend a private message

Hi Ellie, thank you for sharing your valuable feedback, we really appreciate it. Thanks.

nightmare accommodation

jp
jp

Hotel booking made easy!

Used the iPhone app to secure a cheap price on a hotel in melbourne. I strongly recommend logging into he website or app to make sure you’re getting the best deal. Hotel was great. Room was clean, great location and friendly staff. Couldn’t have been easier!

Social M.WotifSend a private message

Thanks for the feedback JP :)

Shelley
ShelleyChristchurch

Accommodation in Croatia made Accessible

I booked 12 nights in 7 different towns/cities for a recent trip to Croatia. The website was really helpful in providing extra information e.g. parking available, free breakfast (if available etc). The only reasons this isn't 5 star review is that two websites quoted prices in $, which turned out to be $US (or euros) much more expensive. (They were relatively much more lovely :)). The other is that two accommodation sites stated that we had to find our way to a different address to collect keys, then navigate to the property. Navigating to two addresses in Zagreb pouring rain, after 20 hours flying is not fun.

Social M.WotifSend a private message

Hi Shelley, we are sorry to learn about your experience. Please send us an email at support@customercare.wotif.com and you will receive a case ID with M followed by digits. Please provide us with that case ID so we can look into it. Thanks

Fly Reen
Fly ReenGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Good discounts, hard to locate certain information

Booked a quick package trip for my boyfriend back then (now husband) and I, to sort out some personal plans interstate. Wotif offered us a better deal than other travel companies so we decided to book with Wotif and it was pretty straight forward. Only annoying thing is the web you have to go through and can get stuck on while trying to locate important information for your flights or hotels if you've booked a package. I consider myself pretty tech savvy but at times I had no idea where to look for what we needed from their website! Apart from that, Wotif is a great bargain service, just look around before committing first. As with everything these days, the competition is real and why not go after what you're entitled to as a customer?

Social M.WotifSend a private message

Hi Maureen, thanks for the feedback. We will certainly try to improve our web site features. Thanks

IT TOOK SOME TIME

tryingtobehelpful
tryingtobehelpfulAU

Good Price - No issues with Booking

We booked two night accomodation in New Orleans and the price was good and the booking was as expected. We were a little concerned after reading the reviews here about Wotif but we had no issues.

Social M.WotifSend a private message

Thanks for your feedback. We do appreciate it. :)

kawsem
kawsem

Offered the best deal

They offered the best deal on the hotel, even though I called the hotel direct they couldn't match the price. On top we also got 20% off the food and beverage which was a great incentive to eat there.

Social M.WotifSend a private message

Hi Kawsem, glad to know that your booking experience was a good one. Thanks.

Alanasked

I have reserved accommodation for 16-22 December. The Wotif system required a deposit, the amount of which was not declared prior to taking payment. I took a chance (foolishly in hindsight) and found the deposit was not the usual first nights accommodation but almost of third of the total charges). I now have conflicting emails: one from Wotif indicating balance due on check-in or check-out; the second email from VRBO host requiring balance by 18 November. This is obscene on at least three counts: a deposit that is more a part payment than a deposit; want of prior advice of the deposit amount; thirdly, the conflict. Obviously I have no intention of paying any more until at least check-in. Wotif chat only provided me with telephone contact numbers, the first of which was disconnected and then a number which corresponded to the 1800 help number which only dead-ends my calls. Anyone else have this problem? I am unable to find any contact number that gets me to a human, or any email address which responds.

Michelle
Michelle
Susan M.
Susan M.

Hello, did you get a response? Did you get an actual personal email address from them?

Steve B
Steve Basked

We are in a similar position with airfares to the UK. Has anyone looked at filing a class action with a law firm?

John J.
John J.asked

Can someone please tell me what has happened to this Company and what to do. I was promised refund of hotel accommodation costs which I fully prepaid, and I cancelled mid July 2021 which was 1 month before arrival dates, within hotel cancellation policy. Even received refund receipt number from Wotif. BUT NEVER RECEIVED REFUND. Any suggestions?

Get an answer from our members and Wotif representatives