WridgWays ACT, Queanbeyan

WridgWays ACT, Queanbeyan

See the Best Furniture Removalists in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Dreadful, very disappointing

We chose Wridgways as 15 years ago we were very happy with how they managed our move from Melbourne. Our recent move was the opposite.
Be warned. When Wridgways loses your boxes and furniture don’t expect much help from them in finding what they’ve lost. And if they tell you everything will stay in the same container into which they pack it: not necessarily true.
We moved a 4 bedroom house from Central Coast NSW to Canberra in January 2019. We paid Wridgways extra to pack for us.
We knew at delivery things were missing: boxes, pictures and a piece of furniture. Two pieces of furniture were damaged and we had bookshelves that were not ours!
Where were our missing items Wridgways? We started formally following up the day after we moved but this wasn’t easy. On the first phone call Wridgways didn’t even bother to get our details or what was missing and the guy laughed when we told him we had someone else’s goods.
A week later, and repeated calls from us, and still we heard nothing back from [name removed], our move co-ordinator. We didn’t even get a response from [name removed], her manager. We were finally escalated to [name removed], the ‘Service Centre Manager Northern Region’ (+61 409 614 922).
We got, and kept getting from her nothing except promises such as: “I will call you on Wednesday”, “ will be delivered on Friday”. Didn’t happen. And we didn’t get any apparent action. Except that, weeks later, they found the pictures of ours they’d packed and lost. And somewhere along the line they’d relabelled them with someone else’s name. How? Why? Nothing else was returned to us. Nothing.
Getting a response from Wridgways takes lots and lots of persistence. Lots of phone calls and emails. Lots, and they don’t return calls most times.
It’s nearly 5 months since we moved into our new house. We lodged a detailed claim with Wridgways for what they’d lost and damaged. Yes, getting a response to this also took ages and repeated calls.
They offered us about 60% of the estimated value of our lost and damaged goods. They said, ‘the second hand value’! For goods we were not selling but Wridgways lost or damaged! Go figure. Our goods that they lost or damaged at our cost!
Wridgways promises but doesn't deliver in our experience. They insist on taking your money in advance. Subsequently they seemingly have little interest in looking for things they lose. We trusted them and then when they lost and damaged our items, we expected their help. We didn’t get it.
Think very, very carefully if you are considering using Wridgways.

Hi Jac Thank you for getting in touch. We are so sorry to hear about your poor relocation experience and would like to urgently escalate your feedback to our management team. Could you please send a message to customercare@wridgways.com.au with your contact information and the name your move was booked under, so we can address this issue and contact you as soon as possible. Once again, thank you for getting in touch and apologies for the inconvenience caused. We truly appreciate you providing feedback so we can improve our service moving forward. Regards WridgWaysI will do as you suggest but I have little confidence in your team now and suspect this is for appearances only given my experiences with Wridgways to date.

Move would have been impossible had we not used Santa Fe

> 3 Bedroom house with a large amount of personal affects
> short distance (only 2KM)
> Yes…the planned move over 2 days worked out perfectly

Cross country moving

Relocated from Perth to Parramatta into a 2 bedroom apartment. The move was arranged with 1 phone call. Move started and finished at the correct times and dates. All belongings arrived intact.

Relocation - review

3 bedroom apartment.
Long distance (Queanbeyan NSW to Cranbourne west VIC)
Yes move started and finished on time.
My goods got damaged in move and my claim was rejected based on the fact that I have done packaging by myself, so SANTAFE won't cover the damaged good as good not packaged by professionals. I ended up paying 300 dollars in laundry and 1200 dollars for new washing machine.

Office LocationQueanbeyan NSW

Very friendly and helpful team

The team were punctual, efficient, and helpful. The team took care of our furniture. I will use Santa Fe WridgeWays again

A stress free removal

Our move was from a three bedroom townhouse and only over a short distance. However, having Santa Fe Wridgways do the majority of the move took the stress out of doing it ourselves. The crew were very professional as well as arriving and finishing on time. Very happy with the service, thank you!

Office LocationQueanbeyan, NSW
Hi Jules, thanks so much for getting in touch. We pride ourselves on our Five Star Service, from the smallest of moves all the way through to the largest. I will pass your feedback on to the Canberra team so that they receive the recognition they deserve. All the best for a happy life in your new home, Santa Fe Wridgways.

Great move, great staff

Moved from ACT to SA smoothly and without fuss! Super helpful and easy to deal with both in person and over the phone. Everything arrived safely and in tact. Special mention to Dawn who was fantastic to deal with.

Very Good Job

We moved within Weston Creek and found it to be smooth and trouble free. The beds were setup and around 50 boxes were part of the move along with household furniture.

Office LocationACT, Canberra
Hi Dino, it's great to hear that we made your move so easy. Thank you so much for getting in touch, and we wish you all the best for a happy life in your new home!

Terrific customer service, a hassle-free move!

This was the second time I used Santa Fe Wridgways to move the contents of a one bedroom home from Brisbane to Canberra. I had a prompt response to my quote, contact with friendly Brisbane assessors and admin staff, and an easy pick-up at the scheduled day and time. The same can be said for the Canberra staff, who were prompt in delivery a few weeks later, everything arrived in excellent condition, and overall I would definitely recommend this service as terrific value-for-money to anyone undertaking a future move! Thanks very much!

Office LocationACT, Canberra
Hi Lisa, thank you so much for sharing such positive feedback with us. There are so many of our staff who work towards making your transition as smooth as possible, and it is great to see their hard work recognised in a public forum. We really do appreciate you making contact, and wish you all the best for a happy life in your new home. Regards, Santa Fe Wridgways

Wrigways sold my goods at auction without consent - pathetic company and should be sued for all its

I mistakenly used this company to transfer some of my deceased mothers' goods from Canberra/Queanbeyan to Darwin middle of 2012. Despite me packing the goods I specifically wanted to be sent to Darwin in clearly labelled (with fluorescent card) addressed to me in Darwin this pack of incompetent fools took my goods to pickles auctions in Canberra without my consent. Thankfully after me finally realising what had happened when the missing boxes did not arrive with the consignment to Darwin (after multiple calls to the wrigways manager) I rang Pickles after the manager had asked me if I'd asked for these clearly labelled boxes to be taken to auction to find that they had (again in complete breech of the law) sold some of my goods without any written consent from myself or my father. These people (both Wrigways and Pickles auctions) are in breach of any common consumer rights when it comes to dodgy dealings and total incompetence. NEVER EVER use either of these companies as they are run by people who care little about customer rights and responsible service. The karma of such people who make excuses for pathetic service and emotional damage when sentimental items are sold without legal right to do so is worse than I'd every care to experience. May those responsible have many sleepless nights.
There are none. My father payed Wrigways over $40K to store his and my late mothers possessions for over ten years and then get a slap in the face when it came to service at the end of this business arrangement.