2Wusthof Classic Ikon

AnnaMelbourne27 posts

Susnal
Susnal4 posts

Handles are terrible

I had a 16cm knife with a creme = white handle. It came loose in 2 months, and then got another on warranty, again came loose in 2 months. Then asked for replacement with blackwood handle. The wood is not well fitted and significantly overlaps the metal in the handle, as well has rough edges which slightly hurt your hand and threaten to splinter. Go with a different brand. Their replacement policy seems good, but I just cant be bothered to again ask for a new knife.

Show details

Samantha323
Samantha323Perth46 posts

Love this knife!

Bought this knife recently and already it is my 'go to' knife for just about everything. Nice ergonomic handle, really good weight, and very sharp. Was initially confused by description as 16cm but 16cm is the blade length only, and is not the total length of the knife,

I notice Wusthof's Australian website has a free knife sharpening service which i look forward to using, and is reply paid if posting the knife.

Tip: Bought this knife on special at Harvey Norman Online for $105 including postage. Everywhere else i looked it was selling for over $180, and online not including postage. Took 2 weeks to arrive, standard postage. No tax invoice but when i queried it , the invoice was emailed very quickly.

sandyfeet
sandyfeetAU75 posts

I found this to be a good starter knife pack. It has plenty in it to get the job done. I enjoy cooking but am certainly no professional however I do find these knifes good. They hold their edge for quiet some time. I have been using mine for years now and appart for the little red sticker coming off they are perfect. I do try to look after my knifes but others that use my knifes do not lookafter tham as well but they are still in good condition even if not treated perfect.

I am happy with my set and would be happy to recomend the brand as I think what I purchased was good quality.
They have a home in their own block. Good feel. Good quality.
There is nothing that I dislike about this product.