Perfect

Never used this formal with my older child but started using for the next and he any has taken to it instantly with no problems or spewing or reflux and I haven't had to change formulas yet

Purchased in April 2019 at Coles for $13.00.

Breastfed Child No
Easy to PrepareYes
Caused Unease / Sickness No

love this formula

nice smelling formula. hasn't given my bub any trouble. available pretty much every where including at my local iga so convenient. and the cheapest on the market. but still better then the most expensive brands.

Purchased in March 2019 at Woolworths for $13.00.

Breastfed Child Yes
Easy to PrepareYes
Caused Unease / Sickness No

Baby deserves better

The formula contains fillers and other crap that shouldn’t be hidden inside a babies formula. This product made my baby scream and constipated. Cheap for a reason. The tin doesn’t have a level thing you can use to ensure equal amounts per scoop given and the formula has a yellow colour that concerns me.

Purchased in February 2019 for $13.00.

Breastfed Child No
Easy to PrepareNo
Caused Unease / Sickness Yes
Hello, We are sorry to hear of your experience. As we take feedback of this nature very seriously and so that we can assist you further, please call our friendly Careline team on 1800 552 229 to discuss further. The Careline is available on Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm AEDST. Warmest regards, Careline Team Aspen Nutritionals Australia Pty Ltd Aspen Nutritionals Australia respects your right to privacy. To view the full privacy policy, please go to https://www.bubbahood.com.au/terms/ and https://www.bubbahood.com.au/privacy/

Same as S 26.

SMA is made buy Wythe. Wythe make s26.
If you read the back of the tins s26 infant and SMA are exactly the same. Same company, same ingredients and same factory.
All my children have been on SMA. No problems. One child got constipated, I was told to change. I did and it made no difference to the constipation. So I went back to SMA after a few months.

Baby takes this formula well

Baby takes this formula well and seems to enjoy the taste of this one! Had no issues at all with any side effects or concerns from this formula and would recommend to anyone. Also cheaper then other products on the market. Had no issues with preparing this product and will continue to use till baby no longer requires.

Best Value! Couldn’t have survived without it!

After having my first baby, finding a formula that worked was a roller coaster ride! After trying the big brands from being a textbook Mum, my daughter suffered from severe constipation from quite a few brands. After researching the market, I came across SMA. From just 3 days of using this formula, the changes were great! We went back to having normal bowel movements. This product gave us back our sleep, and our happy daughter! I would recommend this to everyone. After having baby no 2, we started him from week 3 and it was magical. He loved it. And I never have an issue with the supply in supermarkets, its always accessible.

Love this baby formula

Our first baby was a nightmare to feed, we went thru over a dozen formulas before finding the right one. She had silent refux and got colic.
Thank goodness our second baby is so much better. We used SMA from the beginning - her very first feed was SMA and she has had no issues on it. I love that it is so cheap compared to other baby formulas and it is just as good - all baby formula in Australia is highly regulated so it really makes no difference in terms of price as to quality.
She does have a little wind but we use wind drops and have had no real problems, currently she is 5 weeks old and going strong on SMA, very happy chubby baby.

Love it

Sma formula is excellent my daughter loves it and the fact that it stays in my daughter's tummy and she can keep it down is good she usually vomits all her bottles up but this this is good. And at least now I can see it... all the other formulas I barely could see

Perfect formula

We used this formula from the get go, as it was the only brand I had heard of from Europe, bub took to it straight away never had any issues and kept him full for so long in turn gave us a full night sleeper in just 6 weeks. So easy to prepare it’s effortless. Would highly recommend this formula also the pricing is amazing which is always a bonus!

Not bad and it is really cheap

My friend bought this SMA milk to our second daughter 1 day after she was born and we have been feeding her since last week. Now she is months and two weeks old and we realized that she didn't get enough weight so we ask her doctor which brand he would recommend and told us to switch into Nan Optipro so we did it right away. anyway this milk is not bad. About Nan Optipro, it is too early say something about it but I will write a review later on whether I like or not.

Couple months later this is what I found it. Our didn't gain the weight we were expecting to gain then her doctor and Child Health Nurse told us to switch into NAN OPTIPRO 1 which we did but she got colic. Lastly we have changed into Novalac the Colic one. We already knew this baby formula milk and its the best of the best.

Great and affordable

SMA was the only formula my 9 month old would take once I returned to work. This formula has been gentle on his stomach and is very affordable. I definitely reccomend this formula when swapping over from breatsfeeding due to it being so kind on little bellys and helping my little one sleep longer throughout the night.

Very bad constipation

My 7months son start using SMA (13$ AUD, 900g Mexican) after he was happy with NAN comfort 1 (17$, 800g French ) for the last 3 months. The reasons for changing the formula type is it cheaper and the very good review of SMA. However, since my little one start drinking SMA (which he liked it’s sweet taste) he has no poo for 3 days. Therefore he start struggling very hard and become upset. We decided to back to NAN and give him a suitable medication to make it easy for him.finally when he excreted the faeces was too much and too hard (similar to adults one) accompanied by bleeding and crying..
I found that SMA CONTAINS 80% Casien protien, this is too high comparing to other formula

This is a good product

We used this formula from birth, mainly because it's what my mum gave me as a baby. My baby loved it, no reflux, easy to prepare and transport. We didn't have any issues with constipation and it seemed to keep her full. We mixed this formula with cereal until we moved her to cold cows milk.

Great

Very easy and quick yo prepare. My 2 kids havent had any problems with this formular and for the price i believe good money for value thats for sure. No side affects very healthy chubby children thats really enjoy there milk. Good money value thats for sure. Def worth buying to save some extra dollars for much needed other items

perfect product and cheap

It is easy to prepare describe as product. We give this milk from 8 weeks. Baby love drink this milk and no any issue like constipation. It is cheap compare to other brand. I can recommend this product to another person. There is no constipation issue for this milk powder.

Didn't work for us

I first used SMA as an addition to breastmilk and it was perfect then at 1 bottle a day. Once formula was increased to 3-4 bottles (out of 6 feeds a day) it gave my 4 month old BAD constipation. His face would go red and he screamed and cried. S26 was not any better. SMA worked well as an addition to breastfeeding where he got more breastmilk than formula but now that he's fully formula fed, I will never buy it again.

Cheap and nasty

This formula is 80% casein! Which means constipation! It has absolutely no extras like prebiotics. It’s not the same as s26 at all! (S26 is another constipating brand)
SMA should only be used for reflux or very hungry babies without a sensitive belly.
Consider the aldi formula over this one if you need a budget formula but don’t go to stage 2! As that one is casein dominant also like sma.

Awesome.

This is the best formula i have had my son on. Every other formula has given him has either, given him stomach aces or constipation and its just been a absolute hell. I am so thank full for being shown this brand and i am not gonna look back. 100% reccomend it.

Didn't work for us.

The formula can doesn't have a rim on the inside for easy measuring like the NAN ones do I also found the texture of the formula before putting into bottle was different to other formulas. My 2 week old did seem to like it but it gave him BAD constipation. Was a bit disappointed as the pricing is great and would of suited our budget better.

Life saver!

Used this product with all 3 of my kids.After initially trying other expensive and popular brands,this product was a life saver! The children were no longer constipated or windy,kept their tummies fuller for longer and has a more pleasant smell compared to others. Easy to prepare as per can instructions and bonus it actually being available in most major shops and not out of stock! Really cheap and most of all the children were happy :)

In 1987 my younger daughter could not tolerate S26 milk and I was advised by a doctor at the manufacturers, Wyeth, to change to SMA because it did not have a certain casein in it. Can you tell me which cows provide SMA milk? Kind regards, Patricia Radenkovic zivadin@bigpond.net.au
Your doctor didn't do their homework as SMA infant and s26 infant are the exact same formula only different tins. Same ingredients.Dear Patricia, Thank you for your query. In order to assist you more effectively and provide a more individualised response, could you please call our Careline on 1800 552 229. The Careline is available on Monday to Friday between 9am to 5pm AEDST. Alternatively, please provide your contact details via email at your earliest convenience. Warmest Regards, Careline Team Aspen Nutritionals Australia Pty Ltd Aspen Nutritionals Australia respects your right to privacy. To view the full privacy policy, please go to https://www.bubbahood.com.au/terms/ and https://www.bubbahood.com.au/privacy/ Aspen Nutritionals are a signatory to the MAIF Agreement (Marketing in Australia of Infant Formulas: Manufacturers and Importers Agreement) which governs the marketing of infant formula for infants up to 12 months and it mandates that we can respond to issues or questions raised, provided the response includes a statement to the effect that breastfeeding is best for babies. Important mandatory statement: Breastfeeding is best for babies https://www.bubbahood.com.au/feeding/benefits-of-breast-milk.Dear Sir/Madam, Well at the time there was definitely a difference in the composition because my daughter went from chronic diarrhoea to the opposite within 24 hours. I understood that the milk was from Jersey cows and at the time was imported from England. Thanks. I shall ring during next week. Thank you.

What is the difference between SMA newborn & infacare both recommended for 0-12mths?
Hi AnneMaree, I’m not 100% sure, ive only ever used SMA. But Idid research it shows the same thing, so maybe they have just changed the name and kept the product the same.Hi AnneMaree, Aspen Nutritionals Australia are in the process of transitioning SMA to a new brand “Infacare”. As part of this transition you would have noticed the introduction of Infacare to our SMA branded can. No formulation changes were made. SMA Infacare remains a source of complete nutrition for babies from birth and suitable for continued use from around 6 months of age when solids are being introduced. If you have any further queries, please call our Careline on 1800 552 229. The Careline is available on Monday to Friday between 9am to 5pm AEDST. Warmest regards, Careline Team Aspen Nutritionals Australia Pty Ltd Aspen Nutritionals are a signatory to the MAIF Agreement (Marketing in Australia of Infant Formulas: Manufacturers and Importers Agreement) which governs the marketing of infant formula for infants up to 12 months and it mandates that we can respond to issues or questions raised, provided the response includes a statement to the effect that breastfeeding is best for babies. Important mandatory statement: Breastfeeding is best for babies https://www.bubbahood.com.au/feeding/benefits-of-breast-milk.

My breast milk didn't come out much after birth. I was advised to go for sma. So I switched over to sma three days after birth. My baby takes it well but the issue I'm having now is that my baby is losing weight. Is there anything I can do to correct the weight loss?
Hi I would tke bub to a child health nurse or gp

AgeInfant (0-6 months)